Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Dan James gets sold ... 19:48 - Jan 24 with 29328 viewsSwans_16

... I will not be renewing my Season Ticket.

The full intent of the owners will be visible for all to see if it goes through.
If Dan James gets sold ... on 10:21 - Jan 25 with 2139 viewsScottishEddie

If Dan James gets sold ... on 07:20 - Jan 25 by TailGunner

Some great points on the thread.

But if you feel that strongly about the club you claim to love, would you seriously walk away from it in protest of the sale a promising (no more than that) youngster??

Surely better to fight and protest from the inside than meekly walking away??

These owners are not here long haul.

Its pathetic, imagine everyone had walked away during the Petty era.

Poll: Stupidest Posterer of the Year

If Dan James gets sold ... on 10:46 - Jan 25 with 2070 viewscostalotta

If Dan James gets sold ... on 10:21 - Jan 25 by ScottishEddie

I kind of agre, it is a bit. The thing about the Petty time, it was in our faces and he did not hide it. Not that I am in any way sticking up for Petty. It was easier for us to organise agianstbthat and don’t need forget the was. A lot less of us.

Thing is now fans are being treated like consumers, and consumers will move on if they don’t like what goes on or feel they’ve not got value for their hard earned. I suspect a hard core will always renew, question is, what are our hard core numbers these days.
If Dan James gets sold ... on 10:50 - Jan 25 with 2074 viewsWhiterockin

If Dan James gets sold ... on 08:17 - Jan 25 by Jinxy

One other factor though is what the player himself wants. If his head has been turned then most often it is a lose/lose situation if the player is not allowed to leave. If he were to leave to the likes of Leeds though, that would be worrying as DJ would obviously see them as a better prospect than us.

If however he went to a PL club then, well, although I think the move would be premature for him, you couldn't really blame him and that in itself would not fully reflect the share holder's desires and intentions, in my view. Hopefully he'll WANT to stay (and I think he should purely for his development alone).

He needs to stay with us this season and next, the move would be to early for him. Many have moved on to early and regretted it.
If Dan James gets sold ... on 11:18 - Jan 25 with 2039 viewsmonmouth

If Dan James gets sold ... on 10:50 - Jan 25 by Whiterockin

He needs to stay with us this season and next, the move would be to early for him. Many have moved on to early and regretted it.

He'd forget all about Leeds if we matched their wedge, or even if we just told him no, he'll play games for us, and we'd see what happens in the summer. Think Bodde, Rangel.

If Potter cares if he stays or goes of course. He's not Ronaldo.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

If Dan James gets sold ... on 13:50 - Jan 25 with 1936 viewsBadlands

If Dan James gets sold ... on 11:18 - Jan 25 by monmouth

He'd forget all about Leeds if we matched their wedge, or even if we just told him no, he'll play games for us, and we'd see what happens in the summer. Think Bodde, Rangel.

If Potter cares if he stays or goes of course. He's not Ronaldo.

I'm not getting the Bodde, Rangel connection?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

If Dan James gets sold ... on 13:58 - Jan 25 with 1923 views_

If Dan James gets sold ... on 10:46 - Jan 25 by costalotta

I kind of agre, it is a bit. The thing about the Petty time, it was in our faces and he did not hide it. Not that I am in any way sticking up for Petty. It was easier for us to organise agianstbthat and don’t need forget the was. A lot less of us.

Thing is now fans are being treated like consumers, and consumers will move on if they don’t like what goes on or feel they’ve not got value for their hard earned. I suspect a hard core will always renew, question is, what are our hard core numbers these days.

Can you tell me a time we've not been treated like consumers and explain how?

I can't remember a time when they discounted season tickets, away games, home cup games during Doug's time?

Some really poorly thought out rationale on here but it still gets posted.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

If Dan James gets sold ... on 14:13 - Jan 25 with 1899 viewsSwansea93

If Dan James gets sold ... on 13:50 - Jan 25 by Badlands

Bodde wanted to move to Derby and Rangel wanted to go to Wigan or Fulham I think it was?

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

If Dan James gets sold ... on 14:48 - Jan 25 with 1842 views_

If Dan James gets sold ... on 14:13 - Jan 25 by Swansea93

Bodde wanted to move to Derby and Rangel wanted to go to Wigan or Fulham I think it was?

But Dan doesn't want to go to Leeds.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Login to get fewer ads

If Dan James gets sold ... on 14:50 - Jan 25 with 1839 viewssainthelens

If Dan James gets sold ... on 14:48 - Jan 25 by _

So hope you are right, but du wanna bookmark that ?
If Dan James gets sold ... on 15:14 - Jan 25 with 1821 viewsmonmouth

If Dan James gets sold ... on 13:50 - Jan 25 by Badlands

Bodde and Rangel wanted to go. We stopped them. From memory, Bodde with more money, Rangel by just saying no? Whatever, they wanted to go, they ended up staying, so theres no reason to think if James wants to go today he'll go. Not based on previous history. If Potter/club wants to keep him of course.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

If Dan James gets sold ... on 15:27 - Jan 25 with 1804 viewsTailGunner

If Dan James gets sold ... on 15:14 - Jan 25 by monmouth

Bodde and Rangel wanted to go. We stopped them. From memory, Bodde with more money, Rangel by just saying no? Whatever, they wanted to go, they ended up staying, so theres no reason to think if James wants to go today he'll go. Not based on previous history. If Potter/club wants to keep him of course.

Different times then though, money was nothing like today. Players had far less power.

Holloway was desperate to take Rangel to Blackpool who went up - Rangel was very keen - we dug in - he had 7 years in the PL with us & made his fortune.

Blackpool........
If Dan James gets sold ... on 15:35 - Jan 25 with 1793 views34dfgdf54

If Dan James gets sold ... on 14:48 - Jan 25 by _

Happy days then.

He stays unless we get a ridiculous offer.

Story over.
If Dan James gets sold ... on 16:00 - Jan 25 with 1769 viewsBadlands

If Dan James gets sold ... on 14:13 - Jan 25 by Swansea93

Thanks.

If Dan James gets sold ... on 16:30 - Jan 25 with 1732 viewsswan65split

If Dan James gets sold ... on 10:21 - Jan 25 by ScottishEddie

Only one wanted away at that time I think.
If Dan James gets sold ... on 16:39 - Jan 25 with 1724 views_

If Dan James gets sold ... on 14:50 - Jan 25 by sainthelens

So hope you are right, but du wanna bookmark that ?

If you want to, why not. He doesn't.

Whether that changes for one reason or another from now we'll see, but he's happy here and wants to stay.

If Dan James gets sold ... on 16:42 - Jan 25 with 1712 viewscostalotta

If Dan James gets sold ... on 13:58 - Jan 25 by _

Can you tell me a time we've not been treated like consumers and explain how?

I can't remember a time when they discounted season tickets, away games, home cup games during Doug's time?

Some really poorly thought out rationale on here but it still gets posted.

Errr... was only commenting back re the Petty times and season ticket renewals. It was in our face and he didn’t hide in plain sight. We were as a fan base down to the bear bones. These are facts.

Here’s another fact, those season ticket numbers will fall further if the fans think or believe we’re on a downward curve due and also we have poor owners. Maybe not a fact per se, but a highly outcome.

Dougy didn’t have much of a fan base to loose, now we do!
If Dan James gets sold ... on 16:50 - Jan 25 with 1706 views_

If Dan James gets sold ... on 16:42 - Jan 25 by costalotta

Errr... was only commenting back re the Petty times and season ticket renewals. It was in our face and he didn’t hide in plain sight. We were as a fan base down to the bear bones. These are facts.

Here’s another fact, those season ticket numbers will fall further if the fans think or believe we’re on a downward curve due and also we have poor owners. Maybe not a fact per se, but a highly outcome.

Dougy didn’t have much of a fan base to loose, now we do!

So you can't tell me a single time from bygone eras that we've not been treated as consumers?.

Or even if the numerous perks we get now in a very expensive time to be a football fan was ever matched back then??

Not one?

But you still made the comment.

Poor show isn't it, our fans moaning about every single thing often with no basis whatsoever.

If Dan James gets sold ... on 16:52 - Jan 25 with 1701 viewsBadlands

I've never understood why being in a higher division should affect people supporting the Swans.
Premier League and bigger name teams when in the lower divisions I can accept will always attracted extra fair weather fans or plastics but to me if you support Swansea City (Town) you support the Swans.
STID .... or until we stop playing Liverpool, Man Utd etc.

If Dan James gets sold ... on 17:03 - Jan 25 with 1690 viewsjack247

If Dan James gets sold ... on 10:50 - Jan 25 by Whiterockin

It’s not too early, it’s Leeds not Barcelona. They aren’t much better than us, they’ve just got an absolute coup of a manager.

Res is stating that the player wants to stay and I’d trust him on that one. There’s not even a decision to make here, he’s one of our best prospects, wants to stay and Leeds aren’t going to offer big money for a youngster in his first full season.
If Dan James gets sold ... on 17:30 - Jan 25 with 1667 viewsMoscowJack

If Dan James gets sold ... on 22:04 - Jan 24 by jasper_T

They could have sold McBurnie in the summer but gave him a new contract instead.

We're not comparing apples with apples, but Ollie was essentially our last standing striker. I expect that the offer didn't afford the owners the opportunity to sell and make a profit once a replacement had been signed.

People say "Ollie could have been sold" but we have absolutely no idea what the offer was, either.

We have cover in Dan's preferred position but I think we'd all agree that he's one of the first 4 or 5 names on the teamsheet at the moment and one of the few players we've got who actually get bums off seats when the ball gets to him.

If Dan goes, for anything less than absolutely silly money, then we know the Yanks are skint or have absolutely no intention of backing the manager. It's a pity as we're so close to the play offs.....

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

If Dan James gets sold ... on 17:59 - Jan 25 with 1626 viewsjasper_T

If Dan James gets sold ... on 17:30 - Jan 25 by MoscowJack

We're not comparing apples with apples, but Ollie was essentially our last standing striker. I expect that the offer didn't afford the owners the opportunity to sell and make a profit once a replacement had been signed.

People say "Ollie could have been sold" but we have absolutely no idea what the offer was, either.

We have cover in Dan's preferred position but I think we'd all agree that he's one of the first 4 or 5 names on the teamsheet at the moment and one of the few players we've got who actually get bums off seats when the ball gets to him.

If Dan goes, for anything less than absolutely silly money, then we know the Yanks are skint or have absolutely no intention of backing the manager. It's a pity as we're so close to the play offs.....

Absolutely no intention of backing him with six players brought in over the summer.
If Dan James gets sold ... on 18:13 - Jan 25 with 1614 viewsWarwickHunt

If Dan James gets sold ... on 17:59 - Jan 25 by jasper_T

Absolutely no intention of backing him with six players brought in over the summer.

Only one of whom is worth a regular starting place...
If Dan James gets sold ... on 18:20 - Jan 25 with 1602 viewsjasper_T

If Dan James gets sold ... on 18:13 - Jan 25 by WarwickHunt

Only one of whom is worth a regular starting place...

That's a risk you take backing a manager when you've got a huge squad and might not be able to get rid of everyone you don't want.
If Dan James gets sold ... on 18:24 - Jan 25 with 1592 viewsWarwickHunt

If Dan James gets sold ... on 18:20 - Jan 25 by jasper_T

That's a risk you take backing a manager when you've got a huge squad and might not be able to get rid of everyone you don't want.

Can you tell me the point of spunking 7/800k on Declan Fûcking John? Didn't we already have a better option in our "huge squad".

Serious question. Not having a pop.
If Dan James gets sold ... on 18:30 - Jan 25 with 1586 viewsMoscowJack

If Dan James gets sold ... on 17:59 - Jan 25 by jasper_T

I HONESTLY think that, given the chance to turn back the clock, they wouldn't have bough Celina, Declan John, Asoro or McKay.

I think they took the risk of buying them as they were far too sure that they'd get a lot, lot more for the players they were trying to sell.

We desperately needed heads coming in as so many had gone out, but I am 99% certain that they wouldn't have spent much at all last summer had they known how bad things were going to be once the window had closed.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2019 18:52]

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024