Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clucas 6m 10:38 - Aug 9 with 8242 viewsmagicdaps10

Well well well!!

12 months on from 14 odd million.

How is Jenkins still in a job?

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Clucas 6m on 13:15 - Aug 9 with 1069 viewsTom1912

Clucas 6m on 13:12 - Aug 9 by hobo

But the whole point of that scouting system is to unearth gems for peanuts. This evidently wasn't one of those

Exactly, it's not just analysing stats but identifying stats the market continually undervalues and using that to make cheap signings.

It worked in baseball because that's a closed sport with repetitive actions. It doesn't really work for football.
Clucas 6m on 13:15 - Aug 9 with 1069 viewstrinityann

I would not personally sell him for 6m, I would rather keep him and play him and hopefully a bit of form will shoot his value up in January. Then possibly offload him in January. I also don't think he is has bad as everyone is making out and its hard to judge a player in a team where the whole team was awful.
Clucas 6m on 13:17 - Aug 9 with 1047 viewsEbo

Not forgetting, we paid 16m and gave them Kingsley as well, another kick in the bollocks. Kinglsey would be great for us in this league, good young player.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Clucas 6m on 13:17 - Aug 9 with 1043 viewsTheResurrection

Clucas 6m on 11:58 - Aug 9 by JackSomething

I have only a superficial understanding of moneyball and I can tell you that a 26-year old at around £14m is practically the opposite of a moneyball signing. The system doesn't even translate properly from baseball with it's endless statistics used as a means to measure performance.

A young player like Mawson would be closer to a good example, someone who played well for us and who we made a huge profit on (which would have been even more had we not been relegated). It's not rocket science and it's something most clubs try and do, sign a young player you can develop, or a good player who's flopped at his current club and you think will turn it around at your club, a player who you think would be better in a different position...

Clucas clearly had nothing to do with a 'moneyball' system (and has anyone at the club ever confirmed we were using such an approach?), he had to do with selling Gylfi late without planning ahead for new signings and the club panicking. They thought buying an average player at a vastly inflated price was better than signing no-one. The kind of thinking that has pervaded the club the last few years and which they are now paying for.

Err yeah. Of course they have. In fact it's only recently we've found out he's being frozen out more, although he's still involved to a certain degree.

His name is Dan Altman and he's basically a number cruncher, a spreadsheet scout.

Forget giving the method a childish name like moneyball, that's irrelevant to a large degree. The point being is that Clucas would've showed up very well on performance data in his last season with Hull.

It's the way a lot of club's have gone down in recent seasons and yeah, at one point, these players would've been generally lower in price, giving reference to the 'money' bit in money ball, but not now when every club chews this data.

Clucas would've fitted the bill perfectly for an Altman signing. If you don't know what you're talking about don't post.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Clucas 6m on 13:21 - Aug 9 with 1016 viewsTheResurrection

Clucas 6m on 13:12 - Aug 9 by hobo

But the whole point of that scouting system is to unearth gems for peanuts. This evidently wasn't one of those

At one point maybe, long ago... And it doesn't mean the same system wouldn't be used to pay for players who are being valued higher. Think
[Post edited 9 Aug 2018 13:28]

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Clucas 6m on 13:23 - Aug 9 with 999 viewsTenbySwan

Just seen on Sky sports news that Jordan Ayew is off to Palace on a season long loan.

You could not make it up.

Another 800k for his dad then.

The club must be using the parachute payments to offset these losses?
Clucas 6m on 13:23 - Aug 9 with 998 viewshobo

Clucas 6m on 13:21 - Aug 9 by TheResurrection

At one point maybe, long ago... And it doesn't mean the same system wouldn't be used to pay for players who are being valued higher. Think
[Post edited 9 Aug 2018 13:28]

Which system are you referring to, because your post before this has confused me. Are you referring to Moneyball or Altman's system?
Clucas 6m on 13:24 - Aug 9 with 985 viewsTheResurrection

Clucas 6m on 13:13 - Aug 9 by magicdaps10

Fact is.

We signed Clucas from a relegated club for 14-16m.

We get relegated a year later and sell for 6m.

Tells you how much of a joke our club has become.

We signed him from a club where he shined and was on the verge of an England cap.

1 year later and SCFC has ruined him. Between Clement playing him at left back and DM and the fans slaughtering him at every given chance WTF did you expect his value to have been, you thick kunt.

Login to get fewer ads

Clucas 6m on 13:24 - Aug 9 with 986 viewsmagicdaps10

How can someone defend what is going on here!?

I am at a loss how ignorant humanity can really be.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Clucas 6m on 13:25 - Aug 9 with 950 viewsTheResurrection

Clucas 6m on 13:15 - Aug 9 by Tom1912

Exactly, it's not just analysing stats but identifying stats the market continually undervalues and using that to make cheap signings.

It worked in baseball because that's a closed sport with repetitive actions. It doesn't really work for football.

OK then Einstein....

And what happens, do you think, when everyone uses the same facking system??

Take your time........

Clucas 6m on 13:26 - Aug 9 with 923 viewsTheResurrection

Clucas 6m on 13:17 - Aug 9 by Ebo

Not forgetting, we paid 16m and gave them Kingsley as well, another kick in the bollocks. Kinglsey would be great for us in this league, good young player.

Played 11 times for Hull last season.

Revisionism at its best here

Clucas 6m on 13:27 - Aug 9 with 908 viewsangryjack

Clucas 6m on 13:24 - Aug 9 by TheResurrection

We signed him from a club where he shined and was on the verge of an England cap.

1 year later and SCFC has ruined him. Between Clement playing him at left back and DM and the fans slaughtering him at every given chance WTF did you expect his value to have been, you thick kunt.

No club has ruined him at all,,his basic football skills is what has ruined him,,I have watched and played football long enough to know a players attributes and his are very very basic as for an England cap don't make me laugh
Clucas 6m on 13:28 - Aug 9 with 889 viewshobo

Clucas 6m on 13:26 - Aug 9 by TheResurrection

Played 11 times for Hull last season.

Revisionism at its best here

That may have something to do with the groin surgery that kept him out for 8 months of the season. Don't let facts get in the way though
Clucas 6m on 13:29 - Aug 9 with 874 viewsTheResurrection

Clucas 6m on 13:23 - Aug 9 by TenbySwan

Just seen on Sky sports news that Jordan Ayew is off to Palace on a season long loan.

You could not make it up.

Another 800k for his dad then.

The club must be using the parachute payments to offset these losses?

How much loan fee are we getting for
Ayew?

You don't know??

Heisssht then.....

Clucas 6m on 13:32 - Aug 9 with 827 viewsTheResurrection

Clucas 6m on 13:23 - Aug 9 by hobo

Which system are you referring to, because your post before this has confused me. Are you referring to Moneyball or Altman's system?

It's the same

Clucas 6m on 13:34 - Aug 9 with 815 viewshobo

Clucas 6m on 13:32 - Aug 9 by TheResurrection

It's the same

I suggest you research into the system a bit more then
Clucas 6m on 13:34 - Aug 9 with 804 viewsTheResurrection

Clucas 6m on 13:24 - Aug 9 by magicdaps10

How can someone defend what is going on here!?

I am at a loss how ignorant humanity can really be.

Because some people were blessed with even a little intelligence and you, you Berk, had nowt.

Clucas 6m on 13:37 - Aug 9 with 771 viewsbostondanvers

Well if you factor in Kingsley into this we have probably made a loss of over £15 million on this deal alone. HJ and the board are guilty of gross mis-management and should be made responsible for their actions and make up the shortfall (that will be the day when yanks actually spend their own money)
Clucas 6m on 13:38 - Aug 9 with 763 viewsTenbySwan

Clucas 6m on 13:29 - Aug 9 by TheResurrection

How much loan fee are we getting for
Ayew?

You don't know??

Heisssht then.....

You can bet your last dollar he wouldn't be going anywhere if the family was not getting a kick back.

Fact. Dad made £800k from AA LOAN move to Turkey.
Clucas 6m on 13:39 - Aug 9 with 742 viewsTheResurrection

Clucas 6m on 13:27 - Aug 9 by angryjack

No club has ruined him at all,,his basic football skills is what has ruined him,,I have watched and played football long enough to know a players attributes and his are very very basic as for an England cap don't make me laugh

He was being talked about for England. Google it, you'll find a Hull forum talking about it and others. I've played the game as well and watched it as long as you and he was decent for Hull the season before coming to us.

He played left midfield, box to box but also a lot more attacking. Clement, the dull kunt, played him DM. That made him look like a square peg in a round hole. He played him at left back and he let the cross come in for the West Ham winner up there.

The crowd never took to him and jeered most of his moves. That was never going to help. We saw only glimpses of the player he could be.

I'd say we ruined him.

Clucas 6m on 13:41 - Aug 9 with 720 viewshobo

Clucas 6m on 13:37 - Aug 9 by bostondanvers

Well if you factor in Kingsley into this we have probably made a loss of over £15 million on this deal alone. HJ and the board are guilty of gross mis-management and should be made responsible for their actions and make up the shortfall (that will be the day when yanks actually spend their own money)

Kingsley and Clucas were separate deals. We got around £3m for Kingsley
Clucas 6m on 13:44 - Aug 9 with 696 viewsswan65split

The footballing Guru ass licking HJ superfan to the double.....fecking joke!
Clucas 6m on 13:44 - Aug 9 with 693 viewsLoyal

Premier league football, and he joins stoke, what a cnt.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Clucas 6m on 13:47 - Aug 9 with 675 viewsangryjack

Clucas 6m on 13:39 - Aug 9 by TheResurrection

He was being talked about for England. Google it, you'll find a Hull forum talking about it and others. I've played the game as well and watched it as long as you and he was decent for Hull the season before coming to us.

He played left midfield, box to box but also a lot more attacking. Clement, the dull kunt, played him DM. That made him look like a square peg in a round hole. He played him at left back and he let the cross come in for the West Ham winner up there.

The crowd never took to him and jeered most of his moves. That was never going to help. We saw only glimpses of the player he could be.

I'd say we ruined him.

No matter where you play a player you vpcan see if they got technical ability and he just got nothing rather than a good engine if you want something to run all day you may as well sign a greyhound
Clucas 6m on 13:48 - Aug 9 with 672 viewsTheResurrection

Clucas 6m on 13:28 - Aug 9 by hobo

That may have something to do with the groin surgery that kept him out for 8 months of the season. Don't let facts get in the way though

It wasn't as long as that but the point being is that he only played 11 times last season.

What good is that to anyone?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024