Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City fan performed Nazi salute. 19:26 - Jul 27 with 20688 viewsJackfath

I apologise if another poster has already alerted the members of PS to this news story.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/swansea-city-fan-performed-nazi-14

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Swansea City fan performed Nazi salute. on 18:53 - Jul 28 with 1991 viewsSirjohnalot

Swansea City fan performed Nazi salute. on 18:47 - Jul 28 by Flashberryjack

If he had no previous, do you not think a police caution would be in order.

No, for two reasons.

First, he denied it. Can only get a caution if it’s admitted,

Secondly, police don’t tend to caution for this type of offence. It’s a nasty, horrible thing to do, with intention to obviously upset a group of people with the potential to cause disorder. Deserves all he gets.

Huge difference between that and calling us sheep shaggers.

Ive had youth clients given reprimands for shouting racist names to pupils, but that’s a world of difference.
Swansea City fan performed Nazi salute. on 18:56 - Jul 28 with 1980 viewsexiledclaseboy

I know sirjohn has already confirmed this but you can only get a police caution if the offence is admitted. He denied it and took his chances with a jury. Probably wishes he hadn’t now.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2018 18:57]

Poll: Tory leader

Swansea City fan performed Nazi salute. on 18:59 - Jul 28 with 1974 viewsGaryjack

For a teenager yes. Not a 43 year old man sorry Flash.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2018 19:00]
Swansea City fan performed Nazi salute. on 19:04 - Jul 28 with 1952 viewsGaryjack

Swansea City fan performed Nazi salute. on 18:56 - Jul 28 by exiledclaseboy

I know sirjohn has already confirmed this but you can only get a police caution if the offence is admitted. He denied it and took his chances with a jury. Probably wishes he hadn’t now.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2018 18:57]

The police will usually advise you to admit the offence if they intend to caution you. I can't see how they could have offered a caution, even if he had no previous.
Swansea City fan performed Nazi salute. on 19:27 - Jul 28 with 1891 viewsFlashberryjack

Swansea City fan performed Nazi salute. on 18:53 - Jul 28 by Sirjohnalot

No, for two reasons.

First, he denied it. Can only get a caution if it’s admitted,

Secondly, police don’t tend to caution for this type of offence. It’s a nasty, horrible thing to do, with intention to obviously upset a group of people with the potential to cause disorder. Deserves all he gets.

Huge difference between that and calling us sheep shaggers.

Ive had youth clients given reprimands for shouting racist names to pupils, but that’s a world of difference.

I would think some people would think being called a sheep shagger very offensive, shouldn't the same law be applied here.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Swansea City fan performed Nazi salute. on 19:31 - Jul 28 with 1892 viewsJack11

This looks like a classic case of ignorance/stupidity is no defence.
Swansea City fan performed Nazi salute. on 19:35 - Jul 28 with 1877 viewsGaryjack

Swansea City fan performed Nazi salute. on 19:27 - Jul 28 by Flashberryjack

I would think some people would think being called a sheep shagger very offensive, shouldn't the same law be applied here.

I'm sure they would if the sheep had enslaved and starved 5m Welshmen before sending them to the gas chamber Flash!
Swansea City fan performed Nazi salute. on 19:54 - Jul 28 with 1807 viewsFlashberryjack

Swansea City fan performed Nazi salute. on 19:35 - Jul 28 by Garyjack

I'm sure they would if the sheep had enslaved and starved 5m Welshmen before sending them to the gas chamber Flash!

Perspective Garry.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City fan performed Nazi salute. on 19:59 - Jul 28 with 1806 viewsGaryjack

Swansea City fan performed Nazi salute. on 19:54 - Jul 28 by Flashberryjack

Perspective Garry.

That's what i did!
Swansea City fan performed Nazi salute. on 20:04 - Jul 28 with 1787 viewsSirjohnalot

Swansea City fan performed Nazi salute. on 19:27 - Jul 28 by Flashberryjack

And people have been charged with offences like that, and I’ve also had poeple cautioned for it,

I get the sheep jokes at my running club from my mates. It’s a joke, it’s funny. Difference being I did not have millions of my fellows murdered in gas camps.

The sheep thing, maybe silly, maybe annoying, criminal ? No.

Should someone shoutIng ‘sheep shagger’ be taken to court ? No, unless the circumstances are such that it’s targettied eg attacking someone because they’re Welsh and shouting sheep shagger or prolonged harassment based on being Welsh.

Difference between the two like night and day
Swansea City fan performed Nazi salute. on 20:11 - Jul 28 with 1766 viewslatchford

Have a look at the video evidence. He doesn’t gesture towards any director or spurs supporter. The director is taking the video from more or less the half way line . He’s clearly not making any gesture to him or his fellow directors. The spurs fans are obviously behind the goals. If you wanted to offend anyone wouldn’t you make a gesture to them? Why would he possibly make a Nazi salute to the premier lounge guests? Plus it’s the wrong arm. An absolute joke
Swansea City fan performed Nazi salute. on 20:14 - Jul 28 with 1755 viewsSirjohnalot

Swansea City fan performed Nazi salute. on 20:11 - Jul 28 by latchford

Have a look at the video evidence. He doesn’t gesture towards any director or spurs supporter. The director is taking the video from more or less the half way line . He’s clearly not making any gesture to him or his fellow directors. The spurs fans are obviously behind the goals. If you wanted to offend anyone wouldn’t you make a gesture to them? Why would he possibly make a Nazi salute to the premier lounge guests? Plus it’s the wrong arm. An absolute joke

Latchford. The problem we all have is that none of us were at the trial, none of us have heard the evidence, so it’s impossible to comment on the facts and whether it’s a joke.

I’ve had cases reported in the paper where I’ve been directly quoted which bore no semblance as to what I said or what happened
Swansea City fan performed Nazi salute. on 20:16 - Jul 28 with 1747 viewslatchford

Well actually I was.
Swansea City fan performed Nazi salute. on 20:21 - Jul 28 with 1726 viewslondonlisa2001

Swansea City fan performed Nazi salute. on 20:11 - Jul 28 by latchford

He’s not bloody laughing now is he.

Quite why Jewish people can’t have more of a sense of humour about the whole thing is beyond me though. Kicked out of their homes, rounded up, all possessions confiscated, sent to camps, 6 million family members and friends murdered, the ones that weren’t tortured and starved. Absolutely no sense of humour when some bloke takes the p*ss because his team are losing a football match. It’s PC gone mad I tell you.
Swansea City fan performed Nazi salute. on 20:22 - Jul 28 with 1724 viewsSirjohnalot

Swansea City fan performed Nazi salute. on 20:16 - Jul 28 by latchford

Well actually I was.

In which case, I apologise.

That’s the pot luck of the jury system.

How did the jury vote ? Unanimous or majority ?
Swansea City fan performed Nazi salute. on 20:22 - Jul 28 with 1724 viewsperplex

Swansea City fan performed Nazi salute. on 18:28 - Jul 28 by Darran

What have the people in Chris Rees gym done that’s worse?

In the past some of the lads have shop lifted or stolen, couple been done for abh or similar, I also dressed up as a Nazi for a fancy dress party once years ago not realising at the time that it was a pretty dumb thing to do, no doubt you have done some daft things in your passed which you would never dream of doing now.
Swansea City fan performed Nazi salute. on 20:27 - Jul 28 with 1705 viewslatchford

Was unanimous. Amazed me. You are right. Once you are in front of a jury you never can tell
Swansea City fan performed Nazi salute. on 20:29 - Jul 28 with 1699 viewsDarran

Swansea City fan performed Nazi salute. on 20:22 - Jul 28 by perplex

In the past some of the lads have shop lifted or stolen, couple been done for abh or similar, I also dressed up as a Nazi for a fancy dress party once years ago not realising at the time that it was a pretty dumb thing to do, no doubt you have done some daft things in your passed which you would never dream of doing now.

Oh I’ve most definitely done some daft things in the past but I’ve never pretended to be Hitler in front of a load of Jews.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Swansea City fan performed Nazi salute. on 20:30 - Jul 28 with 1698 viewslondonlisa2001

Swansea City fan performed Nazi salute. on 20:22 - Jul 28 by Sirjohnalot

In which case, I apologise.

That’s the pot luck of the jury system.

How did the jury vote ? Unanimous or majority ?

Verdict in an hour suggests unanimous. And easy.
Swansea City fan performed Nazi salute. on 20:40 - Jul 28 with 1665 viewsSirjohnalot

Swansea City fan performed Nazi salute. on 20:27 - Jul 28 by latchford

Was unanimous. Amazed me. You are right. Once you are in front of a jury you never can tell

Problem I’d imagine he’d have had was the no comment interview and the, seemingly, preposterous defence.
Swansea City fan performed Nazi salute. on 20:49 - Jul 28 with 1641 viewslatchford

Preposterous how? To be waving to someone? Surely more likely than to be giving a Nazi salute when your young son is with you?
Swansea City fan performed Nazi salute. on 20:58 - Jul 28 with 1616 viewslondonlisa2001

Swansea City fan performed Nazi salute. on 20:49 - Jul 28 by latchford

Preposterous how? To be waving to someone? Surely more likely than to be giving a Nazi salute when your young son is with you?

You are aware that the video is publicly available?
Swansea City fan performed Nazi salute. on 21:17 - Jul 28 with 1572 viewslatchford

Yeah watch it
Swansea City fan performed Nazi salute. on 21:28 - Jul 28 with 1539 viewslondonlisa2001

Swansea City fan performed Nazi salute. on 21:17 - Jul 28 by latchford

Yeah watch it

I have.

He quite clearly isn’t waving.

It’s pathetic. He looks like a little kid who flicks a ‘v’ sign at someone but who is scared that someone will see so does it really, really quickly.

I’d have more respect if the bloke admitted what he did and said, look, it was in the heat of the moment and I did something really stupid and offensive and I apologise wholeheartedly for the offence I’ve caused.

Not only is he a bigot but he’s a coward.
Swansea City fan performed Nazi salute. on 21:52 - Jul 28 with 1478 viewsLohengrin

Swansea City fan performed Nazi salute. on 20:58 - Jul 28 by londonlisa2001

You are aware that the video is publicly available?

Whoppee-do, Lisa. I’ve just left a pal of mine whose Dad managed to escape Hungary in ‘56 one-step ahead of the AVO. Seeing as he was then beyond their grasp they killed his parents instead. How do you imagine he would feel opening a paper or turning on the news and seeing this simpering old bastard giving that salute without comment let alone prosecution?

100 million dead versus some bloke at the football possibly playing silly buggers? Weigh it.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024