Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Odds of postponing? 17:00 - Mar 1 with 20255 viewsKinsey

My mate who works for sky sports was due down from Scotland to work on the Scarlets game on Saturday, but he’s just told me it’s called off.

What are the odds of our game going ahead?
[Post edited 1 Mar 2018 17:02]
Odds of postponing? on 14:03 - Mar 2 with 1916 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Odds of postponing? on 12:16 - Mar 2 by swans11

trains was cancelled yesterday too

All trains from Paddington to Swansea are running today just an hour late. Will be leaving Felixstowe shortly to catch my train via Liverpool st.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Odds of postponing? on 14:14 - Mar 2 with 1867 viewsswans11

hard enough for me get out front door no chance of me being at game tomorrow it's still snowing
Odds of postponing? on 14:16 - Mar 2 with 1859 viewslonglostjack

Odds of postponing? on 14:03 - Mar 2 by felixstowe_jack

All trains from Paddington to Swansea are running today just an hour late. Will be leaving Felixstowe shortly to catch my train via Liverpool st.

Enjoy your weekend in Newport

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Odds of postponing? on 14:21 - Mar 2 with 1845 viewslondonlisa2001

Odds of postponing? on 14:03 - Mar 2 by felixstowe_jack

I live about 3 miles from Paddington and it's started snowing here again quite heavily.

I wouldn't bet that GWR won't cancel even more than they already have. All trains to Cardiff are cancelled, and all trains to Bristol Temple Meads.
Odds of postponing? on 14:31 - Mar 2 with 1780 viewsTenbySwan

No chance of getting off our estate here. Let alone getting to Swanse with the 120 mile round trip.

If the game goes ahead tomorrow a lot of fans will not be able to make it.

In everyone's interest they should seriously consider rearranging
Odds of postponing? on 14:34 - Mar 2 with 1766 viewsjack_lord

Odds of postponing? on 12:30 - Mar 2 by TNT

Remember going down to The Vetch for a Saturday game with Watford, back in the day, only to be told it was off. Sure that was played on the Sunday - only time I've known it to happen to us, I think.

That happened against Newcastle as well ( I think )

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Odds of postponing? on 14:46 - Mar 2 with 1722 viewsE20Jack

Odds of postponing? on 14:31 - Mar 2 by TenbySwan

No chance of getting off our estate here. Let alone getting to Swanse with the 120 mile round trip.

If the game goes ahead tomorrow a lot of fans will not be able to make it.

In everyone's interest they should seriously consider rearranging

Not the clubs interest. The last thing we need is a fixture pile up. I'd rather the game go ahead in a half empty stadium. I couldn't give a damn if Harold and Sandra couldn't make it from Pontyddulais.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Odds of postponing? on 14:48 - Mar 2 with 1709 viewsswans11

just aslong as you can make it you are happy playing one extra game is hardly a pile up
Login to get fewer ads

Odds of postponing? on 14:51 - Mar 2 with 1692 viewsjack247

Odds of postponing? on 14:46 - Mar 2 by E20Jack

Not the clubs interest. The last thing we need is a fixture pile up. I'd rather the game go ahead in a half empty stadium. I couldn't give a damn if Harold and Sandra couldn't make it from Pontyddulais.

Absolutely. I’m not going to be able to go tomorrow, chances are I’d be fine for any rearranged midweek fixture.

Us having the best chance of survival is the only thing that really matters though and a couple of Saturday-Tuesday-Saturday weeks late in the season isn’t going to give us that.
Odds of postponing? on 14:53 - Mar 2 with 1676 viewsE20Jack

Odds of postponing? on 14:48 - Mar 2 by swans11

just aslong as you can make it you are happy playing one extra game is hardly a pile up

Who can and can't see it is not of anybodies concern, let alone mine. I am solely concerned about our plight this season and with the games coming thick and fast especially with our potential FA cup run that extra game could be massive, it could affect the game before, the game after as well as the RE arranged game. Potentially 9 points which is unthinkable to even entertain.

If you can't make it then watch it on the telly or listen on the radio. If you put one afternoons enjoyment before the potential well being of the club then I am speechless - which doesn't happen very often.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Odds of postponing? on 15:00 - Mar 2 with 1653 viewsjack247

Odds of postponing? on 14:48 - Mar 2 by swans11

It’s two with next weeks Southampton game. It will (probably) be three if we beat Spurs.
Odds of postponing? on 15:05 - Mar 2 with 1635 viewsTNT

Odds of postponing? on 14:34 - Mar 2 by jack_lord

That happened against Newcastle as well ( I think )

That does ring a bell, tbf.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Odds of postponing? on 15:22 - Mar 2 with 1577 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Odds of postponing? on 14:21 - Mar 2 by londonlisa2001

I live about 3 miles from Paddington and it's started snowing here again quite heavily.

I wouldn't bet that GWR won't cancel even more than they already have. All trains to Cardiff are cancelled, and all trains to Bristol Temple Meads.

Some of the trains that terminate at Cardiff have been cancelled. They are running the trains which terminate at Swansea. (these stop at Cardiff)

Odds of postponing? on 15:27 - Mar 2 with 1552 viewsTenbySwan

They could rearrange to Next Monday night without any difficulty.

If Sky wanted to show the match they would soon do it.
Odds of postponing? on 15:33 - Mar 2 with 1529 viewsjasper_T

Still barely a dusting here. Disappointing.
Odds of postponing? on 15:48 - Mar 2 with 1484 viewsJBT95

Odds of postponing? on 14:46 - Mar 2 by E20Jack

I think moving the game to Sunday could the best bet, weather looks a lot better.
Odds of postponing? on 15:49 - Mar 2 with 1473 viewsJBT95

Odds of postponing? on 14:53 - Mar 2 by E20Jack

Who can and can't see it is not of anybodies concern, let alone mine. I am solely concerned about our plight this season and with the games coming thick and fast especially with our potential FA cup run that extra game could be massive, it could affect the game before, the game after as well as the RE arranged game. Potentially 9 points which is unthinkable to even entertain.

If you can't make it then watch it on the telly or listen on the radio. If you put one afternoons enjoyment before the potential well being of the club then I am speechless - which doesn't happen very often.

LOL FA CUP PILE UP

Fact is only one more game can be postponed due to the FA Cup... and that is Man City away!!!
Odds of postponing? on 15:50 - Mar 2 with 1466 viewslondonlisa2001

Odds of postponing? on 15:22 - Mar 2 by felixstowe_jack

Some of the trains that terminate at Cardiff have been cancelled. They are running the trains which terminate at Swansea. (these stop at Cardiff)

Yes, I know.

I was just trying to be helpful in case you have a wasted journey to Paddington. It's still snowing heavily here (3 miles away).
Odds of postponing? on 15:51 - Mar 2 with 1461 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Odds of postponing? on 15:49 - Mar 2 by JBT95

LOL FA CUP PILE UP

Fact is only one more game can be postponed due to the FA Cup... and that is Man City away!!!

They will be champions by then can we just agree a score draw without playing.

Odds of postponing? on 15:55 - Mar 2 with 1438 viewsMattG

Odds of postponing? on 14:53 - Mar 2 by E20Jack

This, plus the fact that Moyes is talking about it being difficult for them to travel means the Club should be doing everything in its power to get the game on.
Odds of postponing? on 15:57 - Mar 2 with 1419 viewsPapaLazarou

West Ham will have left for the fixture by now anyway, surely?

Sorry to all the fans that can't attend, but I'll be very surprised if the game doesn't go ahead tomorrow. Absolutely nothing wrong with the conditions in Swansea.
Odds of postponing? on 16:01 - Mar 2 with 1404 viewsjack247

Odds of postponing? on 15:49 - Mar 2 by JBT95

LOL FA CUP PILE UP

Did you misunderstand what he wrote?

If tomorrow’s game gets called off, that’s two games we are probably going to have to fit in between Saturday games. If we beat Spurs it’s three. That’s a handicap against teams who have a week between matches.

We want to beat Spurs. We want to go as far as we can in the cup. We don’t want tomorrows game postponed because some fans can’t make it.
Odds of postponing? on 16:09 - Mar 2 with 1358 viewsJBT95

Odds of postponing? on 16:01 - Mar 2 by jack247

Did you misunderstand what he wrote?

If tomorrow’s game gets called off, that’s two games we are probably going to have to fit in between Saturday games. If we beat Spurs it’s three. That’s a handicap against teams who have a week between matches.

We want to beat Spurs. We want to go as far as we can in the cup. We don’t want tomorrows game postponed because some fans can’t make it.

It would be one extra game on top of what we have already.

To this date, we have no outstanding fixtures.

Southampton is to be rearranged yes, but this would have been the case anyway as they have progressed.

Playing the game Sunday wouldn't cause massive issues.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2018 16:10]
Odds of postponing? on 16:13 - Mar 2 with 1338 viewsLoyal

Odds of postponing? on 15:55 - Mar 2 by MattG

This, plus the fact that Moyes is talking about it being difficult for them to travel means the Club should be doing everything in its power to get the game on.

They have had all week to get there.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Odds of postponing? on 16:22 - Mar 2 with 1296 viewsSwans_16

Were due to fly into Cardiff Airport this evening using a BMI Regional charter.

Cardiff Airport is closed until at least 6AM tomorrow morning, so West Ham will have to brave the coach if the M4 is it all passable.

Can’t see it going ahead if you ask me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024