Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Concede 2 goals against 10 men 16:43 - Jan 27 with 5474 viewsLatticeR

Sat on row 5 and Bristol are bossing this despite being down to 10 men

Our manager is tactically inept and out of his depth

He needs to go

Bringing Eze on at 2 nil down with 15 to to go is poor management

We have players who coached properly would be better than this ...so please don't respond with the ' no one else will manage us argument '

Concede 2 goals against 10 men on 17:02 - Jan 27 with 5351 viewsbosh67

He has to ditch the wingback sh*t and start playing proper wingers and 4-4-2. Losing 2-0 to 10 men having had them at 10 men for 60+ minutes is very poor. It's kind of like he is fixated on this 3-5-2 system and it doesn't work, enough.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Concede 2 goals against 10 men on 17:09 - Jan 27 with 5282 viewsMedwayR

I think we're in a tricky spot. We're cutting down the squad and wage bill and bringing through kids that I suspect we'll be relying on for a few years.

Holloway has (had?) credit in the bank with fans which has arguably bought the club time to make changes while keeping fans onside, equally the club knows they have a comitted manager while they make changes.

If we get rid of Holloway who is going to want to join? Are we going to lose Penrice if Holloway goes? Is the squad capable of doing more than it currently is (we're likely to finish lower mid-table which is where we should be in my opinion)? Will the next manager want to bring in his own players rather than use what we have?

Personally I'd keep him for the season but I'd definitely be looking for options in the summer.

Poll: Who’s better?

Concede 2 goals against 10 men on 17:15 - Jan 27 with 5215 viewsSimonJames

IH points per game:

Millwall 2013-15 = 0.98
QPR 2016-17 = 1.10
QPR 2017-18 = 1.14 ...so he is improving(ish)!!

17 more games @1.14 points per game equals 19 points - So we end up with 52, hooray!

100% of people who drink water will die.

Concede 2 goals against 10 men on 17:16 - Jan 27 with 5196 viewsbosh67

Concede 2 goals against 10 men on 17:09 - Jan 27 by MedwayR

I think we're in a tricky spot. We're cutting down the squad and wage bill and bringing through kids that I suspect we'll be relying on for a few years.

Holloway has (had?) credit in the bank with fans which has arguably bought the club time to make changes while keeping fans onside, equally the club knows they have a comitted manager while they make changes.

If we get rid of Holloway who is going to want to join? Are we going to lose Penrice if Holloway goes? Is the squad capable of doing more than it currently is (we're likely to finish lower mid-table which is where we should be in my opinion)? Will the next manager want to bring in his own players rather than use what we have?

Personally I'd keep him for the season but I'd definitely be looking for options in the summer.

I think whatever we think that Ollie is bullet proof this season. But his tactical ability or lack of it is becoming ever more evident. We don't have the players to play wingbacks. He refuses to start with out and out wingers and he persists on playing small strikers from the start against giant defenders. He makes the same tactical subs when we are 2 down. Someone called it groundhog day and it is. To lose 2 nil to 10 men when you have a man advantage for 60 minutes and concede 2 goals in that time is absolutely unacceptable to the fans. I don't know what the Pawel situation is but it looks like he is going. People will leap at Ollie for that but it may not be his decision on that, so benefit of the doubt if that happens. But I think we will be lucky to end the season in this division.

Ollies record is a reminder to us all

wins 19
Draws 12
Losses 32

I mean he is bullet proof. It's not great is it!
[Post edited 27 Jan 2018 17:17]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Concede 2 goals against 10 men on 17:24 - Jan 27 with 5104 viewsToast_R

First goal was rank defending wasn't it? Free back header no one on the far post to cover, after last week that is dreadful.

Second goal, fannying around looking for an offside the wasn't t coming. Luongo walking back couldn't give less of a sh*t. Awful.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2018 17:24]
Concede 2 goals against 10 men on 17:27 - Jan 27 with 5073 viewsessextaxiboy

Concede 2 goals against 10 men on 17:15 - Jan 27 by SimonJames

IH points per game:

Millwall 2013-15 = 0.98
QPR 2016-17 = 1.10
QPR 2017-18 = 1.14 ...so he is improving(ish)!!

17 more games @1.14 points per game equals 19 points - So we end up with 52, hooray!

In fairness for a large chunk of this season we have had almost no central defenders ..
We havnt got a reliable striker and we have no cash .
Neither of those are down to Holloway ..
Concede 2 goals against 10 men on 18:54 - Jan 27 with 4729 viewsSimonJames

Concede 2 goals against 10 men on 17:27 - Jan 27 by essextaxiboy

In fairness for a large chunk of this season we have had almost no central defenders ..

In fairness, we just lost to 10 men of a team that finished just one place above us last season, have not spent much money either, and have a smaller squad.
All teams have injuries...

I'm suggesting that the last 120+ games he's been in charge of a Championship side has resulted in no better than 1.14 points per game.
Things are never going to get noticeably better under IH because he has no reliable system that he will stick with, and I suspect he doesn't know how to coach any better performances out of this team.

Whether he goes now, or at the end of the season, I can't see any point in him being in charge next season.

Concede 2 goals against 10 men on 18:58 - Jan 27 with 4698 viewsHunterhoop

True...but if you're short of central defenders, perhaps don't play a system requiring you to field 3 of them?!
Login to get fewer ads

Concede 2 goals against 10 men on 19:05 - Jan 27 with 4666 viewsted_hendrix

ETB, the guy has had ownership of the squad for some 14 Months now, it's his squad regardless of anything else or what players were here when he took over.
Injuries are part and parcel of a season and you have to have a plan B in place or some form of contingency plan.
14 Months is enough time to get it right or near enough right in my book.
You know where the buck stops.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Concede 2 goals against 10 men on 19:46 - Jan 27 with 4493 viewsTacticalR

Don't forget we had Washington, so we were also playing with 10 men.

Gallen was clear about the problem on Open All R's. He said up front we have no Plan A, only Plan B. In other words we only have second-raters. That is why we are relying on opposition own goals, the odd scrappy goal that we bundle over the line from corners or set pieces, or defenders like Robinson to score.

Air hostess clique

Concede 2 goals against 10 men on 20:36 - Jan 27 with 4308 viewsessextaxiboy

Concede 2 goals against 10 men on 18:54 - Jan 27 by SimonJames

In fairness, we just lost to 10 men of a team that finished just one place above us last season, have not spent much money either, and have a smaller squad.
All teams have injuries...

I'm suggesting that the last 120+ games he's been in charge of a Championship side has resulted in no better than 1.14 points per game.
Things are never going to get noticeably better under IH because he has no reliable system that he will stick with, and I suspect he doesn't know how to coach any better performances out of this team.

Whether he goes now, or at the end of the season, I can't see any point in him being in charge next season.

A nd I am suggesting that the 1.14 is artificially low this season because of the number and nature (position) of the injuries . All teams have injuries but not like that .
Anyone can lose to anyone in this division.. Even teams without a reliable system beat the league leaders twice in a week .......
Concede 2 goals against 10 men on 20:52 - Jan 27 with 4263 viewsBrightonhoop

Think we forget where we are at times. These are unique years now and for the foreseable. Every Club suffering an FFP fine or restriction has gone into a devastating tail spin dropping through the divisions usually starting seasons minus 15 points etc.
On the plus we're bringing youngsters through, not signing journey men on crazy contracts and cutting our cloth. It's going to painful. The alternative is unthinkable.
Losing 2-0 to 10 men for an hour though is unacceptable. Ollie should at least offer his resignation.
Concede 2 goals against 10 men on 21:25 - Jan 27 with 4143 viewsLythamR

Concede 2 goals against 10 men on 20:52 - Jan 27 by Brightonhoop

Think we forget where we are at times. These are unique years now and for the foreseable. Every Club suffering an FFP fine or restriction has gone into a devastating tail spin dropping through the divisions usually starting seasons minus 15 points etc.
On the plus we're bringing youngsters through, not signing journey men on crazy contracts and cutting our cloth. It's going to painful. The alternative is unthinkable.
Losing 2-0 to 10 men for an hour though is unacceptable. Ollie should at least offer his resignation.

If we stay up i think in years to come it will be seen as a significant acheivement

We are clearing the squad of lots of dead weight, we simply have to stick with Holloway and see this through painful and miserable to experience as it is at the moment.

I do wish the scales would fall from his eyes regarding Loungo and the midfield three but he is no worse there than many who seems to think he is undroppable and the heart of the team. Personally i would shift him on in the nest few days to collect some cash and allow others more playing time but I seem to be in a minority of one
Concede 2 goals against 10 men on 21:47 - Jan 27 with 4065 viewsBrightonhoop

Concede 2 goals against 10 men on 21:25 - Jan 27 by LythamR

If we stay up i think in years to come it will be seen as a significant acheivement

We are clearing the squad of lots of dead weight, we simply have to stick with Holloway and see this through painful and miserable to experience as it is at the moment.

I do wish the scales would fall from his eyes regarding Loungo and the midfield three but he is no worse there than many who seems to think he is undroppable and the heart of the team. Personally i would shift him on in the nest few days to collect some cash and allow others more playing time but I seem to be in a minority of one

True, I think we;ll be treading water for another coule of seasons so need to be a whole lot true grit whilst bringing the youngsters too.
TBF I agree re Luongo. Great layer in there who is suffering the loss of a parent and is a shadow of his former self. But, and it's a big but. He'll only come back and score a hatrick against us.
Devil and deep blue sea, rock and a hard place. Is where we are at for the foreseable. Whilst we improve.
Concede 2 goals against 10 men on 23:13 - Jan 27 with 3854 viewsozexile

Terrible in game management, terrible performances. Playing 10 men and need to stretch them so the obvious move is to bring on smith and hit long balls to a giant centre half. Genius.
Concede 2 goals against 10 men on 00:22 - Jan 28 with 3751 viewsderbyhoop

Concede 2 goals against 10 men on 17:09 - Jan 27 by MedwayR

For all The calls for Olly to go or change the system, this is the most accurate post I've read on here in a long while.

Because of declining parachute payments and FFP we are having to cut our cloth. Olly's brief is to keep us in the Championship, while reducing the wage bill. Despite yesterday's expected defeat, we'll almost certainly have 3 worse teams. We've been getting rid of players all month and we are trying to blood the youngsters.

Buckle up, its going to be a bumpy ride.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Concede 2 goals against 10 men on 01:01 - Jan 28 with 3698 viewsFDC

Concede 2 goals against 10 men on 00:22 - Jan 28 by derbyhoop

For all The calls for Olly to go or change the system, this is the most accurate post I've read on here in a long while.

Because of declining parachute payments and FFP we are having to cut our cloth. Olly's brief is to keep us in the Championship, while reducing the wage bill. Despite yesterday's expected defeat, we'll almost certainly have 3 worse teams. We've been getting rid of players all month and we are trying to blood the youngsters.

Buckle up, its going to be a bumpy ride.

We're quite used to bumpy rides -- my worry is we're not used to the drudgery of lower midtable championship football that's on the cards
[Post edited 28 Jan 2018 1:32]
Concede 2 goals against 10 men on 08:53 - Jan 28 with 3401 viewsgazza1

Whilst it hasn't been an easy ride with the limitations that IH is working with.....it is very clear that he should not be the manager of QPR.

His tactics, team selections, team formations, etc are poor......we should be doing much better and to loose 2-0 against 10 men is not acceptable - they haven't won for 7 games apparently.

I fail to see how anyone thinks he should continue to be our manager.
Concede 2 goals against 10 men on 09:10 - Jan 28 with 3315 viewsDixie_CT

2 sh1t weeks has amplified the inadequacies of our coaching staff and limitations of the team.

Outclassed by an improving Boro side with a wealth of riches and it reads like a shambolic performance against a 10 men, supposedly jaded, Bristol City.

I think our squad has some talent but the system isn't right. Whatever is, or more to the point isn't, going on in training is standing out on match days
Concede 2 goals against 10 men on 10:50 - Jan 28 with 3094 viewsSimonJames

Concede 2 goals against 10 men on 20:36 - Jan 27 by essextaxiboy

A nd I am suggesting that the 1.14 is artificially low this season because of the number and nature (position) of the injuries . All teams have injuries but not like that .
Anyone can lose to anyone in this division.. Even teams without a reliable system beat the league leaders twice in a week .......

So what about the 1.1 ppg he managed last season, was that artificially lower? Because even JFH managed 1.28.

But stats aside, the original message of this thread is that IH isn't managing very well and has to go.
I agree with that, I just question whether he should go now or at the end of the season.

Concede 2 goals against 10 men on 11:45 - Jan 28 with 3010 viewsessextaxiboy

Concede 2 goals against 10 men on 10:50 - Jan 28 by SimonJames

So what about the 1.1 ppg he managed last season, was that artificially lower? Because even JFH managed 1.28.

But stats aside, the original message of this thread is that IH isn't managing very well and has to go.
I agree with that, I just question whether he should go now or at the end of the season.

My point is that if 1.1 is the baseline then the fact that we are negligibly above that is due IMO to the injuries at the same time for a long period to Perch, Onouha , Hall, Lynch, Robinson. coupled with the shadow of the fine . No other manager in recent times has had to work under those conditions ...
Concede 2 goals against 10 men on 11:47 - Jan 28 with 3003 viewsisawqpratwcity

Concede 2 goals against 10 men on 10:50 - Jan 28 by SimonJames

JFH got 20 points from 16 games, so 1.25.

But in answer to your very sensible question: review at end of season. The large number of shit clubs this season makes Holloway's efforts look almost acceptable. We're unlikely to get relegated this year.

If he doesn't make significant improvement, make an unhurried replacement choice in the summer. Acting in haste now would probably carry no less risk of relegation than the long-ish odds we already have.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Concede 2 goals against 10 men on 19:34 - Jan 28 with 2713 viewsonlyrinmoray

Big mistake not buying a striker during the close season it was obvious that what we had was not good enough Signing wingers galore with the few quid we had was stupid even more stupid not playing them I was hoping after Conor Washingtons 2 goals in the first match might prove me wrong but it hasn't
Oh well I had us down for mid table for this season anyway another season to forget The highlight of the season for me so far was Smyths goal I hope its not a one off
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024