Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Kit deal penned................ with ERREA again !!! 12:38 - Dec 6 with 9460 viewsToffeemanc

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2017/december/errea-kitpartnership_2018-19/

Unbelievable, can only assume that the club can't afford the preferred supplier they had in mind and/or can't find another supplier within the budget.

Didn't buy a home shirt this season for the first time in 10 years due to the crap design, sizing issues. Some massive improvements needed for next season.

With details of the new design due very soon does anyone think the fans may have an input again?

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

New Kit deal penned................ with ERREA again !!! on 16:32 - Dec 11 with 2751 viewsBrierls

New Kit deal penned................ with ERREA again !!! on 16:12 - Dec 11 by 1mark1

A and A.

Genuine question. Shouldn’t the “away” kit actually just be an alternative? I notice that quite a few teams seem to mainly use their home kit, and only use an alternative when they need to.
How often do Dale play in the “home “ kit away from home?

The “away” kit is and always has been an alternative kit, as far as I’m aware. It’s referred to as the “away” kit because the only time you’d require it is away from home where the home side have similar colours.
New Kit deal penned................ with ERREA again !!! on 16:38 - Dec 11 with 2731 views1mark1

New Kit deal penned................ with ERREA again !!! on 16:32 - Dec 11 by Brierls

The “away” kit is and always has been an alternative kit, as far as I’m aware. It’s referred to as the “away” kit because the only time you’d require it is away from home where the home side have similar colours.

On average in a season, how many times are Dale playing in the alternative kit?

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

New Kit deal penned................ with ERREA again !!! on 17:22 - Dec 11 with 2680 viewsRoChDaLe

New Kit deal penned................ with ERREA again !!! on 18:06 - Dec 6 by 442Dale

Before we start, it's worth pointing out that Errea do indeed produce some excellently designed shirts that put to shame the boring efforts that the bigger brands churn out. However, we really need to look at some statements made:

Today Errea said this: "“We believe we have created some very unique kit designs over the past three seasons and we look forward to working with the Club this coming season."
In the recent programme v Peterborough, a game they sponsored they said: " We at Errea 
like to give all the clubs we supply an individual identity. We produce individual designs for all home and away kits."

Our home shirt design this season is used by other clubs (both Lincoln and Cefn Druids have it as an away design in different colours), it is an 'Eiger' template that is available for anyone to buy:

Recently we released a limited edition third shirt that is also a template shirt, it's called 'Athens':

Maybe the big question for Dale fans should be why, if Errea do indeed produce "individual designs for all home and kits", we feel the need to choose shirts that are random template offerings from their catalogue? The "very unique kit designs" they mention that have been created came from supporters, so why have those same supporters not been involved in choosing shirts for two out of the three years we have been with Errea?

It's been said a million times, involve fans and a lot of the criticism around football shirts can be avoided. I stand by the claim that the club has lost out on at least 50k over the last decade by not utilising the obvious interest and knowledge within its fanbase when it comes to designing shirts. When you consider that 5k a year estimate is only around 125 adult shirts a year, it's probably being a very conservative one. It would be very interesting to see the units sold each year.

Should we have switched brands? Even though I'm never a fan of templates, the other issues mentioned make it clear that supporters weren't happy. And being contradictory as hell now, it needs pointing that if we had gone to Nike or Adidas and giving their catalogue to that interested and knowledgable fanbase the club are lucky to have at their disposal, the resultant choice would have seen good sales figures and many more satisfied customers. It's really hard to fathom exactly why those two factors are not focused on first.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2017 18:31]

Think you've answered your own question there. Bespoke designs are going to cost a lot more to produce as it won't come under mass production like the 'templates' do. Higher cost lower profit for the club. That's what I believe the thought process is.

how is anthony elding still in league one?

New Kit deal penned................ with ERREA again !!! on 17:31 - Dec 11 with 2672 viewsBrierls

New Kit deal penned................ with ERREA again !!! on 16:38 - Dec 11 by 1mark1

On average in a season, how many times are Dale playing in the alternative kit?

Not a clue. I'm not Jack the Kit Man.
New Kit deal penned................ with ERREA again !!! on 17:37 - Dec 11 with 2659 viewsColDale

Home A
Away C

Quite like the home options. Away A is too similar to what we've had before, and Away B looks nice but no away kit should ever require a 3rd kit in normal circumstances.

I did notice yesterday that all three Celtic kits were deemed to clash with Hibs kit and they were forced to revert to last season's third kit. Surprised no one picked up on three different shades of green being a potential issue.
New Kit deal penned................ with ERREA again !!! on 17:46 - Dec 11 with 2646 viewsMoonyDale

A and B...

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

New Kit deal penned................ with ERREA again !!! on 17:50 - Dec 11 with 2641 viewspioneer

A and B
New Kit deal penned................ with ERREA again !!! on 18:01 - Dec 11 with 2617 views1mark1

New Kit deal penned................ with ERREA again !!! on 17:31 - Dec 11 by Brierls

Not a clue. I'm not Jack the Kit Man.

Well I thought you went to quite a lot of away games, sorry for asking.

Login to get fewer ads

New Kit deal penned................ with ERREA again !!! on 18:16 - Dec 11 with 2590 viewsTVOS1907

New Kit deal penned................ with ERREA again !!! on 18:01 - Dec 11 by 1mark1

These days you don’t have to go to the games to know what kit we’ve worn!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

New Kit deal penned................ with ERREA again !!! on 18:18 - Dec 11 with 2586 views1mark1

New Kit deal penned................ with ERREA again !!! on 18:16 - Dec 11 by TVOS1907

These days you don’t have to go to the games to know what kit we’ve worn!

Thanks for your helpful reply.

New Kit deal penned................ with ERREA again !!! on 18:18 - Dec 11 with 2585 viewsBrierls

New Kit deal penned................ with ERREA again !!! on 18:01 - Dec 11 by 1mark1

I do, but I struggle to remember the goalscorers a week later let alone what shirt they were wearing.

A quick scan of our league suggests at least ten this season.
New Kit deal penned................ with ERREA again !!! on 18:25 - Dec 11 with 2571 views442Dale

New Kit deal penned................ with ERREA again !!! on 17:22 - Dec 11 by RoChDaLe

Think you've answered your own question there. Bespoke designs are going to cost a lot more to produce as it won't come under mass production like the 'templates' do. Higher cost lower profit for the club. That's what I believe the thought process is.

Yet these new designs look 'bespoke'. Maybe that's why we've signed a new deal? The clubs thought process should start with 'what would fans like to buy?' then work from there.

The Celtic green kits: until the rules change and clubs are prevented from being idiots, they'll continue to do things like this.

Home A and the yellow for me, but why oh why didn't they just had some blue trim to that yellow away shirt? It would have been a clear winner if they had, as it would have been distinctively Dale, to make the effort to include blue & black on the white shirt yet not on the yellow is frustratingly inconsistent. The point has been made about requiring a third shirt, but it appears we seem ok to do this as a 'special' shirt when required - see the green & black stripes and the black one this season. Worth noting that keeping the black shirt wouldn't suffice if we choose the white away shirt and Notts County are promoted.

The home shirts are all really decent efforts and the return to stripes should finally happen as those two designs are far superior to the other. Even that isn't a lazy blue shirt though, so fair play to Errea/the club for offering that as a choice.

Verdict:
Home A - Really like those fading stripes which allow for blue to dominate the shirt as it rightly should yet still trick the mind that you're witnessing a side playing in a unique colourscheme. 9/10
Home B - the addition of white trim breaks up the shirt well and that abstract design on the body of the shirt is offset effectively by the plain blue sleeves. 7/10
Home C - another good striped shirt which sees the bleeding of black into blue take even more precedence. It leads to a bit of a darker looking shirt though and that loses it a point 8/10.

Credit to the club for taking this route with the vote, and I'm sure they're fully aware how much easier it is to involve fans than deal with the moans from all the kit obsessives.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2017 18:27]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

New Kit deal penned................ with ERREA again !!! on 18:26 - Dec 11 with 2564 viewsdingdangblue

New Kit deal penned................ with ERREA again !!! on 16:12 - Dec 11 by 1mark1

A and A.

Genuine question. Shouldn’t the “away” kit actually just be an alternative? I notice that quite a few teams seem to mainly use their home kit, and only use an alternative when they need to.
How often do Dale play in the “home “ kit away from home?

We've worn blue last 2 away games - so I think we do try when possible.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

New Kit deal penned................ with ERREA again !!! on 18:28 - Dec 11 with 2561 viewsTVOS1907

New Kit deal penned................ with ERREA again !!! on 18:18 - Dec 11 by 1mark1

Thanks for your helpful reply.

Pleasure.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

New Kit deal penned................ with ERREA again !!! on 18:46 - Dec 11 with 2523 views442Dale

New Kit deal penned................ with ERREA again !!! on 18:26 - Dec 11 by dingdangblue

We have this season. In the past we have been borderline obsessive around wearing our away kit for no reason. Yellow in the Wembley season and purple during the first promotion season and then the following year were good examples of this.

To answer 1mark1 on away games this season:
Portsmouth, Mansfield, Shrewsbury, Wimbledon - black &white stripes/black shorts/black socks.
Southend - black & white stripes/white shorts/black socks
Stoke, MK Dons, Blackpool - blue shirts/black shorts/blue socks
Bury, Fleetwood, Plymouth, Charlton, Bradford - blue shirts/black shorts/black socks
Slough - blue shirts/white shorts/white socks

We are yet to wear our home strip in its entirety so far, when we do we will obviously win. However, there are only two more games when we are able to do this. Maybe the third shirt will be lucky...
[Post edited 11 Dec 2017 18:47]

New Kit deal penned................ with ERREA again !!! on 19:04 - Dec 11 with 2488 views1mark1

New Kit deal penned................ with ERREA again !!! on 18:26 - Dec 11 by dingdangblue

Cheers for that.

New Kit deal penned................ with ERREA again !!! on 19:06 - Dec 11 with 2481 views1mark1

New Kit deal penned................ with ERREA again !!! on 18:46 - Dec 11 by 442Dale

We have this season. In the past we have been borderline obsessive around wearing our away kit for no reason. Yellow in the Wembley season and purple during the first promotion season and then the following year were good examples of this.

To answer 1mark1 on away games this season:
Portsmouth, Mansfield, Shrewsbury, Wimbledon - black &white stripes/black shorts/black socks.
Southend - black & white stripes/white shorts/black socks
Stoke, MK Dons, Blackpool - blue shirts/black shorts/blue socks
Bury, Fleetwood, Plymouth, Charlton, Bradford - blue shirts/black shorts/black socks
Slough - blue shirts/white shorts/white socks

We are yet to wear our home strip in its entirety so far, when we do we will obviously win. However, there are only two more games when we are able to do this. Maybe the third shirt will be lucky...
[Post edited 11 Dec 2017 18:47]

Cheers for that 442.

New Kit deal penned................ with ERREA again !!! on 19:38 - Dec 11 with 2435 viewsleedsdale

New Kit deal penned................ with ERREA again !!! on 18:25 - Dec 11 by 442Dale

Yet these new designs look 'bespoke'. Maybe that's why we've signed a new deal? The clubs thought process should start with 'what would fans like to buy?' then work from there.

The Celtic green kits: until the rules change and clubs are prevented from being idiots, they'll continue to do things like this.

Home A and the yellow for me, but why oh why didn't they just had some blue trim to that yellow away shirt? It would have been a clear winner if they had, as it would have been distinctively Dale, to make the effort to include blue & black on the white shirt yet not on the yellow is frustratingly inconsistent. The point has been made about requiring a third shirt, but it appears we seem ok to do this as a 'special' shirt when required - see the green & black stripes and the black one this season. Worth noting that keeping the black shirt wouldn't suffice if we choose the white away shirt and Notts County are promoted.

The home shirts are all really decent efforts and the return to stripes should finally happen as those two designs are far superior to the other. Even that isn't a lazy blue shirt though, so fair play to Errea/the club for offering that as a choice.

Verdict:
Home A - Really like those fading stripes which allow for blue to dominate the shirt as it rightly should yet still trick the mind that you're witnessing a side playing in a unique colourscheme. 9/10
Home B - the addition of white trim breaks up the shirt well and that abstract design on the body of the shirt is offset effectively by the plain blue sleeves. 7/10
Home C - another good striped shirt which sees the bleeding of black into blue take even more precedence. It leads to a bit of a darker looking shirt though and that loses it a point 8/10.

Credit to the club for taking this route with the vote, and I'm sure they're fully aware how much easier it is to involve fans than deal with the moans from all the kit obsessives.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2017 18:27]

The bottom of the article does say that feedback is welcome, and that details such as collars and trim can be amended. Not sure whether they would be able to amend the second colour on the shirt, but would agree that blue would work better.

I like the pink colour of C, but the design is awful.
New Kit deal penned................ with ERREA again !!! on 20:45 - Dec 11 with 2388 views442Dale

New Kit deal penned................ with ERREA again !!! on 19:38 - Dec 11 by leedsdale

The bottom of the article does say that feedback is welcome, and that details such as collars and trim can be amended. Not sure whether they would be able to amend the second colour on the shirt, but would agree that blue would work better.

I like the pink colour of C, but the design is awful.

Spotted that about the feedback, that's really good.

I'd keep the yellow shirt as it is in the main but add blue as a trim to the black panels and on the sleeves/collar.

The club will no doubt be keeping in touch with all the feedback on social media and on places like here so we may see some slight amendments.

New Kit deal penned................ with ERREA again !!! on 11:48 - Dec 16 with 2095 viewsSaxonDale

A and C. Do like the idea of away B but as a home kit if they were to change the colours around- and give it a Port Vale collar from a few seasons back.
New Kit deal penned................ with ERREA again !!! on 17:27 - Dec 16 with 2004 viewsBrierls

I wouldn’t choose it, but I thought Option B was a bit different. It’s not, it’s the keepers shirt in blue with short sleeves!
New Kit deal penned................ with ERREA again !!! on 19:58 - Dec 16 with 1962 views442Dale

New Kit deal penned................ with ERREA again !!! on 17:27 - Dec 16 by Brierls

I wouldn’t choose it, but I thought Option B was a bit different. It’s not, it’s the keepers shirt in blue with short sleeves!

What a bloody good spot that is!

You receive 50 kit points.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024