Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bent over a barrell 07:59 - Sep 1 with 5530 viewsmagicdaps10

Sorry but I think we have been done over in this window by the board.

The team should be priority but it is obvious that 30m is earmarked for something else. It seems a squad has been built in hope rather than confidence.

Excellent signing in Sanches and our hand was forced in Siggy and Llorente but with the money from them......we had a chance to replace with more quality.

Well done with getting rid of the half dozen or so deadwood, with them gone we could have brought in a couple of good quality players....we didnt.

Numbers are down, quality level is unknown at present but the bank account is up.

I have faith in PC and I just hope he keeps his good work going. We have money for Jan, I just hope we are not playing catch up.

On to the rest of the season....my faith lays 100% with PC.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Bent over a barrell on 09:25 - Sep 1 with 982 viewsAngelRangelQS

Any sensible fan who doesn't dream of us signing foreign players they've seen on Fifa or YouTube will mark this down as a decent enough window, edging towards a good one, at the very least.

Abraham is looking like a big upgrade on Borja and even if Bony doesn't match Llorente's goals next season I think he'll help us create things with his hold up play/bringing others into the game.

I think we've bought versatility - Clucas and Sanches can both play/cover a number of positions, Bony is well suited to the lone striker role but would also be good alongside a quick player like Ayew or Abraham.

Mesa was highly rated before he came here. It sounds like he'll need some time to settle but I'm hopeful over him.

As for the so called "deficit" - even if you took that to be £30m, you're only talking about a Nacer Chadli/Andros Townsend in reality. I'd honestly rather that go on the stadium than on a pair like that (or Calum Chambers... £20m!!)

When you add in Ayew, Olsson, Carroll, Mawson having a season under his belt, the Paul Clement factor, there is no reason, imo, why we should struggle this season. Maybe now in January we can look to add a bit more depth as I think it's needed.

To be fair to the Americans, forgetting the takeover and the Bob fiasco, I've been quite impressed with the way they've gone about things. If we managed to get more cash up front for Gylfi by hanging on a few more weeks, then fair play.
Bent over a barrell on 09:26 - Sep 1 with 978 viewsNirvana

Bent over a barrell on 09:20 - Sep 1 by TheResurrection

Yes of course.

1. It wasn't all Bradleys fault. Both him and Guido were shafted by the previous owners.

2. Hulls efforts were outstanding and anybody with even an ounce of football sense will tell you this. They ultimately failed in their quest for survival, but did everything and more to give themselves the best chance. I'd say since Silva came in, and with the predicament they were in with a Championship level squad, he was probably the stand out manager of 2017. Clement was up there too but at least he took over an established Premier League squad.

Now.... Be enigmatic....

Renato fffuuuccking Sanches

Bent over a barrell on 09:29 - Sep 1 with 962 viewsjohnlangy

If we're doing okay come January they'll start the extension using the 'profit'. If not they'll use it for strengthening.

Maybe.
Bent over a barrell on 09:32 - Sep 1 with 954 viewsAngelRangelQS

Bent over a barrell on 09:29 - Sep 1 by johnlangy

If we're doing okay come January they'll start the extension using the 'profit'. If not they'll use it for strengthening.

Maybe.

Nothing wrong with that.

However, they also need to be aware that come next summer, we've got to replace both Abraham and Sanches without any money coming in for either. (though I appreciate we'll get something for Borja)

Maybe they've even earmarked the cash to buy Abraham.
Bent over a barrell on 09:34 - Sep 1 with 948 viewsE20Jack

Bent over a barrell on 08:39 - Sep 1 by Landore_Jack

SWANSEA CITY

In

Wilfried Bony - Man City, £12m

Sam Clucas - Hull, £16.5m

Roque Mesa - Las Palmas, £11m

Renato Sanches - Bayern Munich, loan

Tammy Abraham - Chelsea, loan

Cian Harries - Coventry, undisclosed

Marc Walsh - Finn Harps, free

Erwin Mulder - Heerenveen, free

Courtney Baker-Richardson - Leamington, free

Steven Benda - TSV 1860 Munich, undisclosed

Out

Fernando Llorente - Tottenham, £12.1m

Jack Cork - Burnley, undisclosed

Gylfi Sigurdsson - Everton, £45m

Gerhard Tremmel - retired

Marvin Emnes - Akhisar Belediyespor, free

Mark Birighitti - NAC Breda, free

Liam Shephard - Peterborough, free

Josh Vickers - Lincoln, free

Owain Jones - released

Tom Dyson - released

Tom Holland - The New Saints, free

Alex Samuel - Stevenage, undisclosed

Borja Baston - Malaga, loan

Jordi Amat - Real Betis, loan

Bafatembi Gomis - Galatasary, undisclosed

Daniel James - Shrewsbury, loan

Franck Tabanou - released

Liam Edwards - Hull, free

Keston Davies - Yeovil, loan

Connor Roberts - Middlesbrough, loan

Modou Barrow - Reading, £1.5m

Matt Grimes - Northampton, loan

Stephen Kingsley - Hull, undisclosed

Botti Biabi - Hamilton, loan

Oli McBurnie - Barnsley, loan

Just to fill in some of that, and remove the irrelevant and minimal fees for easy viewing. These will also be widely reported figures for the sake of the task in hand:-

In

Bony £12m
Clucas £15m (add ons of £1.5m not triggered yet)
Mesa £11m
Sanches £6m
Abraham £1m-2m
£45m-£46m

Out

Llorente £12.1m
Cork £8m (£2m of add ons not triggered)
Sigurdsson £36m (only £40m received, £5m add ons not triggered, with 10% going to Spurs)
Gomis £2.5m
Barrow £1.5m
McBurnie, Amat and Borja loans I would be guessing at £3m combined.
£60.1m

So we are looking at about £15m clear on transfer fees alone. But there are costs associated with signings. Agents fees for Sanches, Clucas, Mesa and Bony I expect to be pretty substantial, added in with signing on fees and a big chunk of that profit disappears. (I have not even counted paying off Tabanou).

You are looking at £10m max added to the transfer pot for January from the ins and outs if you ask me.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 9:40]

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Bent over a barrell on 09:34 - Sep 1 with 947 viewsNirvana

Bent over a barrell on 09:25 - Sep 1 by AngelRangelQS

Any sensible fan who doesn't dream of us signing foreign players they've seen on Fifa or YouTube will mark this down as a decent enough window, edging towards a good one, at the very least.

Abraham is looking like a big upgrade on Borja and even if Bony doesn't match Llorente's goals next season I think he'll help us create things with his hold up play/bringing others into the game.

I think we've bought versatility - Clucas and Sanches can both play/cover a number of positions, Bony is well suited to the lone striker role but would also be good alongside a quick player like Ayew or Abraham.

Mesa was highly rated before he came here. It sounds like he'll need some time to settle but I'm hopeful over him.

As for the so called "deficit" - even if you took that to be £30m, you're only talking about a Nacer Chadli/Andros Townsend in reality. I'd honestly rather that go on the stadium than on a pair like that (or Calum Chambers... £20m!!)

When you add in Ayew, Olsson, Carroll, Mawson having a season under his belt, the Paul Clement factor, there is no reason, imo, why we should struggle this season. Maybe now in January we can look to add a bit more depth as I think it's needed.

To be fair to the Americans, forgetting the takeover and the Bob fiasco, I've been quite impressed with the way they've gone about things. If we managed to get more cash up front for Gylfi by hanging on a few more weeks, then fair play.

You know, Angel, some people actually watch football. Not youtube, not ffukkingg Fifa.

I personally enjoy La Liga and the Bundesliga more than any other leagues, and that's what I watch most of the time.

To be clear, I don't give two sshitts whether you believe me or not, my posts verify this on a pretty intimate level.

Sorry you only watch the Swans (or the PL). £20m- £30m doesn't have to just be on Chadli/Townsend, there's quite a bit out there. I've posted about many of these players, in fact.

Expand your mind, maybe try a psychedelic or two, and do some yoga. Then start watching Spanish and German football. You'll learn a thing or two, clearly.
Bent over a barrell on 09:36 - Sep 1 with 937 viewsE20Jack

Bent over a barrell on 09:25 - Sep 1 by AngelRangelQS

Wonderful post.

Bent over a barrell on 09:38 - Sep 1 with 931 viewsdameedna

Bent over a barrell on 08:39 - Sep 1 by SPboy

Not our worst transfer window but in the overall picture fairly underwhelming for me.

From Sky Sports: "Only five clubs registered a net profit from transfer dealings, led by Swansea with +£19.5m in the black."

With 24 players also leaving the club, I am sure all the wise businessmen on here will be telling us what good business we have done.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11662/11015137/premier-league-transfers-h

The club has had an opportunity to strengthen its player base with quality but instead has taken a punt on a couple of youngsters on loan and a journeyman who has hardly played in 3 seasons. Hopefully it will pay off. If it doesn't at least there should be plenty of free cash available in January though I somehow have my doubts it will all be available.

I wonder how happy PC will be with the club business. Aside from the 2 kids that he has had a big say on the rest of the business looks pretty dire from where I am sitting. Is the squad really stronger now that at the end of the last window ?
[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 8:41]

Add in the 4 players we signed in January and it looks better. Those 4 players have added to a bit of an exodus. Quite happy Fulton is still with us, with Leon showing signs of injury Jay may get a look in, certainly for cup games alongside Leon/Ki etc.
Login to get fewer ads

Bent over a barrell on 09:38 - Sep 1 with 929 viewsMagic_Michu

Bent over a barrell on 09:22 - Sep 1 by Cooperman

Done over? FFS.

They're trying to keep us both solvent and in the Premier League.
There are too many out there who only think of the latter.

To not replace Siggy and not strengthen the defence of disastrous. We desperately needed an attacking midfielder and a right back... whilst the club hugely profits.

Here's hoping that they have plans for January.

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Bent over a barrell on 09:45 - Sep 1 with 896 viewsTheResurrection

Bent over a barrell on 09:26 - Sep 1 by Nirvana

Exactly, only a true mug would try and score points over Hulls efforts in trying to stay up.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Bent over a barrell on 09:45 - Sep 1 with 895 viewsNirvana

Bent over a barrell on 09:36 - Sep 1 by E20Jack

Wonderful post.

Check out the Sanches thread, DimDims. (I know you have already)

Quite a "wonderful post" on there, as well.

Bent over a barrell on 09:45 - Sep 1 with 893 viewsE20Jack

Bent over a barrell on 09:38 - Sep 1 by Magic_Michu

To not replace Siggy and not strengthen the defence of disastrous. We desperately needed an attacking midfielder and a right back... whilst the club hugely profits.

Surely nobody can call £5m - 10m huge profits for a PL football club with a transfer kitty to fund in January?

Bent over a barrell on 09:46 - Sep 1 with 888 viewsNirvana

Bent over a barrell on 09:45 - Sep 1 by TheResurrection

Exactly, only a true mug would try and score points over Hulls efforts in trying to stay up.

Izzy ffukkingg Brown.

Last word's all yours, "true mug".
Bent over a barrell on 09:47 - Sep 1 with 882 viewsTheResurrection

Bent over a barrell on 09:34 - Sep 1 by Nirvana

You know, Angel, some people actually watch football. Not youtube, not ffukkingg Fifa.

I personally enjoy La Liga and the Bundesliga more than any other leagues, and that's what I watch most of the time.

To be clear, I don't give two sshitts whether you believe me or not, my posts verify this on a pretty intimate level.

Sorry you only watch the Swans (or the PL). £20m- £30m doesn't have to just be on Chadli/Townsend, there's quite a bit out there. I've posted about many of these players, in fact.

Expand your mind, maybe try a psychedelic or two, and do some yoga. Then start watching Spanish and German football. You'll learn a thing or two, clearly.

Yeah you've spammed the Board for months now and made a right fool of yourself.

You're an embarrassment

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Bent over a barrell on 09:50 - Sep 1 with 866 viewsSmellyplumz

I expect nothing of this club any more so the fact we've signed anyone is a miracle to me.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Bent over a barrell on 09:51 - Sep 1 with 862 viewsTheResurrection

Bent over a barrell on 09:46 - Sep 1 by Nirvana

Izzy ffukkingg Brown.

Last word's all yours, "true mug".

Strange.

He got his Premier League move.

Unlike any of your YouTube boys

Bent over a barrell on 09:55 - Sep 1 with 845 viewsE20Jack

Bent over a barrell on 09:45 - Sep 1 by Nirvana

Check out the Sanches thread, DimDims. (I know you have already)

Quite a "wonderful post" on there, as well.

Thanks for pointing it out. Superb reading and such easy tap ins.

Come join me to discuss what an idiot you made if yourself.

Bent over a barrell on 09:57 - Sep 1 with 837 viewsE20Jack

Bent over a barrell on 09:51 - Sep 1 by TheResurrection

Strange.

He got his Premier League move.

Unlike any of your YouTube boys

Dont be silly. Surely Viera has to come, doesn't he? What about Clement? He was "looking forward to him", he is going to be beside himself.

Thankfully we have "rennnatttooo fuccckkking sanchesssss" to ease his woes. Regular FIFA and Championship manager players probably never thought it would happen

Bent over a barrell on 10:02 - Sep 1 with 820 viewsLandore_Jack

Bent over a barrell on 09:34 - Sep 1 by E20Jack

Just to fill in some of that, and remove the irrelevant and minimal fees for easy viewing. These will also be widely reported figures for the sake of the task in hand:-

In

Bony £12m
Clucas £15m (add ons of £1.5m not triggered yet)
Mesa £11m
Sanches £6m
Abraham £1m-2m
£45m-£46m

Out

Llorente £12.1m
Cork £8m (£2m of add ons not triggered)
Sigurdsson £36m (only £40m received, £5m add ons not triggered, with 10% going to Spurs)
Gomis £2.5m
Barrow £1.5m
McBurnie, Amat and Borja loans I would be guessing at £3m combined.
£60.1m

So we are looking at about £15m clear on transfer fees alone. But there are costs associated with signings. Agents fees for Sanches, Clucas, Mesa and Bony I expect to be pretty substantial, added in with signing on fees and a big chunk of that profit disappears. (I have not even counted paying off Tabanou).

You are looking at £10m max added to the transfer pot for January from the ins and outs if you ask me.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 9:40]

Yea, would go along with that.

#backtojack

Bent over a barrell on 10:07 - Sep 1 with 809 viewsjakarmi

Bent over a barrell on 08:27 - Sep 1 by Nirvana

Can you imagine the uproar if we're in the relegation zone come January, Jakarmi?

I have seen the profit near £30m on several respected sites, I have not seen the £19.1m figure. Where did you get that from?

That 33 year old scored 15 goals last season, many of them incredibly important to our survival. It isn't £15m, it was £12m. That is not a good deal, last year of his contract or not. The cost of relegation is far higher, I wish this point would stop being raised. It doesn't really make any sense when you factor in the loan fees for Abraham/Sanches. They won't be with us next season, either, so to your point why are we wasting that money?

There is a BIG difference between negative and the profit we made this window, and there is absolutely no guarantee that will be spent in January. Naive to assume that'll be available then.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11662/11015137/premier-league-transfers-h

Wasn't sure how to copy and paste links, but there you have it, in black and white. Not from the Daily Mail or Walesonline.
I dont always agree with Res but on this occasion i happen to.
where would be the sense in spending all our surplus on more players to sit on the bench. we are simply not a big enough club to have millions of £'s worth of players not playing every week. For what its worth, (and its only an opinion), i think we'll go back in for a fullback in Jan, and use anything left to try and replace Tammy and/or Sanches next Summer.
As for the Yanks putting their own money in - you are aware of FFP, where you're not allowed to spend more than a percentage of your income over a 3 year period?
Tammy has 1 goal already so only another 14 for him and Bony to get before the end of the season then eh?
[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 10:20]
Bent over a barrell on 10:11 - Sep 1 with 796 viewstomdickharry

There is no money tree growing at the Liberty,fans talk of millions as if it were a fiver,the club has to generate income from somewhere to meet the monthly wages bill and trade creditors,transfer surplus has always been a source of essential income for the club.Try paying creditors without any cash,the bank will soon be calling.
Bent over a barrell on 10:13 - Sep 1 with 792 viewsfelixstowe_jack

I think I will put my trust in PC. He seems to have a lot more say on transfers than most of our previous managers. Four players brought in during January four more in this transfer window, although two are on loan. We have lost 3 first players and a few of the dead wood plus lent out a few. Not sure what the Net spend is since January probably around £20m after players "Bonuses" and agent Fees. Hopefully will be made available to PC in January if he feels the squad need further Strengthening. Not much point in bringing in players who are better than we already have.

Given that Siggy and Llorente have not played this season our three recent signings will improve our squad.

The bookies had us 4th Favourites to go down before the window closed now we are 5th Favourites.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Bent over a barrell on 10:16 - Sep 1 with 775 viewsNirvana

Bent over a barrell on 10:07 - Sep 1 by jakarmi

Wasn't sure how to copy and paste links, but there you have it, in black and white. Not from the Daily Mail or Walesonline.
I dont always agree with Res but on this occasion i happen to.
where would be the sense in spending all our surplus on more players to sit on the bench. we are simply not a big enough club to have millions of £'s worth of players not playing every week. For what its worth, (and its only an opinion), i think we'll go back in for a fullback in Jan, and use anything left to try and replace Tammy and/or Sanches next Summer.
As for the Yanks putting their own money in - you are aware of FFP, where you're not allowed to spend more than a percentage of your income over a 3 year period?
Tammy has 1 goal already so only another 14 for him and Bony to get before the end of the season then eh?
[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 10:20]

Thanks for the link.

But the figure isn't itemized for us, so no idea whether it's accurate or not.

I never advocated spending all our money on benchwarmers, I said quality. Particularly in attacking midfield and RB, at the least. Starters.

FFP is a joke, enough said.

And no, not really on the 14 goal figure. Add in Siggy's goals and assists, as Bony and Abraham are essentially the replacements for Siggy/Llorente. Hell, even throw Clucas and Sanches in there and we'll see if they match the total for just those two guys.

So yeah,
Bent over a barrell on 10:17 - Sep 1 with 774 viewsDrizzy

I'm not concerned about the overall financial picture however the fact we've ended another transfer window with Rangel as the back-up right back is a massive oversight.

We're worryingly thin at the back.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Bent over a barrell on 10:40 - Sep 1 with 726 viewsraynor94

Bent over a barrell on 09:38 - Sep 1 by Magic_Michu

What are these huge profits you are suggesting? We'd be lucky to have cleared £12 million when everything is taken into account, we have cut the wage bill, and are running a tighter ship which is beneficial in the long run

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024