Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
car advice! 18:43 - Jun 2 with 3834 viewstreboethjack

Right, need some input please guys. took my car for a service today as I'm going up north Wales next week and I haven't had it checked in a while. Was expecting or 2 things but I well underestimated it! basically it needs about £8-900 worth of work on various things. Now I could afford to get the work done but the thing I keep asking myself is A) What REALLY needs doing and is what they are telling me completely true or are they just trying to make more £'s and B) is it worth it when you consider I have a 52 plate civic with 80k+ on the clock.
Normally I'm happy to have a go at changing parts myself depending on how much work is involved but these seem a bit too much for my experience.

Any advice massively appreciated!!

Tim gorau Cymru ers 1912

car advice! on 17:26 - Jun 3 with 612 viewsJack123

Just looking at their Halfords website now, and their service deals seem remarkably cheap, compared to what I have been quoted from other garages..Think I'll have a service done on mine pre mot not with halfords though...

libera nos a malo

car advice! on 18:30 - Jun 3 with 598 viewsWhiterockin

car advice! on 17:26 - Jun 3 by Jack123

Just looking at their Halfords website now, and their service deals seem remarkably cheap, compared to what I have been quoted from other garages..Think I'll have a service done on mine pre mot not with halfords though...

It will be interesting to see what they fail it on.
car advice! on 10:13 - Jun 5 with 548 viewstreboethjack

A quick update for anyone interested.
Rang my local garage that I used for my MOT in October and asked them how much they would charge for the rear cylinder to be changed and they can do it for £60!!! Just about beats the £120-130 Halfords wanted.
Result!

Tim gorau Cymru ers 1912

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024