Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum 12:56 - Dec 6 with 15720 viewsClitheroeDale

http://www.barrowafc.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24362&start=135

Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 16:34 - Dec 6 with 3785 viewsClivert

Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 16:21 - Dec 6 by Daley_Lama

Pssst

Every single word posted by me on this thread up until this point was an example of how an ill-informed internet poster can make assumptions and post tripe.

This includes mistaking Liam Hughes for Lee Hughes and saying that York took 1000

The FA Cup rule is that the home club has to give the opposition fans minimum 15% of the tickets if they request it, as long as segregation allows this and the away club wants it.

If Dale therefore wanted 15% it would amount to approx. 660, a figure I don't think we would be far off taking.

And you are right to think you can win the game, both teams can. Advantage you to being at home Advantage us to being a good League 1 team. Throw in some FA Cup magic and who knows what the result will be.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2016 16:23]

I think that we would take closer to 1000 to this game as it's not every year that we make round 3 is it? As a lapsed away game goer due to family commitments I've already booked this fixture in with the wife.

As for some of the comments on that mb I'm afraid that the footballing community still see us as the Rochdale who haven't won promotion in 41 years and don't see us as the forward thinking Keith Hill Rochdale that we all know we are these days.
Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 16:41 - Dec 6 with 3761 viewsjudd

Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 16:34 - Dec 6 by Clivert

I think that we would take closer to 1000 to this game as it's not every year that we make round 3 is it? As a lapsed away game goer due to family commitments I've already booked this fixture in with the wife.

As for some of the comments on that mb I'm afraid that the footballing community still see us as the Rochdale who haven't won promotion in 41 years and don't see us as the forward thinking Keith Hill Rochdale that we all know we are these days.

Ssssssshhhhhhhhhh!

We're still fookin' shite.

Honest.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 16:43 - Dec 6 with 3749 viewsDaley_Lama

Yep, we could quite possibly take 1000 (5 in my car tickets allowing) but there would be no assumption or presumption from me that we should get over and above the 15%.

Took a mates son to Carlisle and was speaking to his dad on Sat night. "Yep, there will be no problem getting a ticket for him next round, we are guaranteed 15% of the ground, that would be 10K at Old Trafford for example"

I never actually thought of it the reverse way where we theoretically could sell out the away allocation of a (no offence Barrow readers) smaller club

We struggle to get 2000 home fans despite how well we are doing so the thought of this never crossed my mind.

Now I'm not too sure as I don't think junior season ticket holders are given first choice, so there is a chance he and my own lad might miss out (if season ticket holders are only allowed to buy one ticket)

All will unfold soon, when the two clubs announce ticketing details.

Barrow appear to be simply selling them openly over the phone to home fans today.

Poll: DF in or out

Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 16:54 - Dec 6 with 3714 viewsClivert

Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 16:43 - Dec 6 by Daley_Lama

Yep, we could quite possibly take 1000 (5 in my car tickets allowing) but there would be no assumption or presumption from me that we should get over and above the 15%.

Took a mates son to Carlisle and was speaking to his dad on Sat night. "Yep, there will be no problem getting a ticket for him next round, we are guaranteed 15% of the ground, that would be 10K at Old Trafford for example"

I never actually thought of it the reverse way where we theoretically could sell out the away allocation of a (no offence Barrow readers) smaller club

We struggle to get 2000 home fans despite how well we are doing so the thought of this never crossed my mind.

Now I'm not too sure as I don't think junior season ticket holders are given first choice, so there is a chance he and my own lad might miss out (if season ticket holders are only allowed to buy one ticket)

Barrow appear to be simply selling them openly over the phone to home fans today.

I'd imagine (that tickets allocated permitting) it'd be two tickets per adult season ticket at first, that's how it's been done in the past.

You never know it might be on the telly yet as that's what most on there seem to think despite the fact that history tells us that the TV companies ALWAYS show the big PL once you get the round3 stage.
Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 17:31 - Dec 6 with 3620 viewsbarrovianbedlam

Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 16:43 - Dec 6 by Daley_Lama

Barrow selling no tickets today, they are just taking names for when they do start selling them
Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 18:17 - Dec 6 with 3484 viewsDaley_Lama

Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 17:31 - Dec 6 by barrovianbedlam

Barrow selling no tickets today, they are just taking names for when they do start selling them

Thanks, my misunderstanding.

Hope it's a sell out, really looking forward to it myself

Poll: DF in or out

Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 18:18 - Dec 6 with 3482 viewsbarrovianbedlam

You will get the W of the stand then the terracing immediately next to it round past the corner flag until about ten metres befor the first goal post
http://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/conference/conference-premier/barrow-
Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 18:19 - Dec 6 with 3481 viewsaleanddale

Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 17:31 - Dec 6 by barrovianbedlam

Looking forward to this one..

Thanks for registering on this forum.

Has the date been set yet?
Login to get fewer ads

Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 18:55 - Dec 6 with 3404 viewsdingdangblue

Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 16:54 - Dec 6 by Clivert

I'd imagine (that tickets allocated permitting) it'd be two tickets per adult season ticket at first, that's how it's been done in the past.

You never know it might be on the telly yet as that's what most on there seem to think despite the fact that history tells us that the TV companies ALWAYS show the big PL once you get the round3 stage.

There's no way it'll be 2 per season ticket if we only get 700 allocation.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 19:18 - Dec 6 with 3346 viewsClivert

Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 18:55 - Dec 6 by dingdangblue

We're only gonna take 300-400 though 😉.
Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 19:23 - Dec 6 with 3330 viewsBARROW

Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 18:55 - Dec 6 by dingdangblue

Hi,

Not a great tie for either club really. It will be great to see Barrow in the 3rd round.

Barrow are currently talking to Rochdale about tickets and I am sure all the information will be released soon. We very rarely get many away fans at Barrow for the 4th Q round we played Tranmere who claimed they would bring over 1000 - they brought 184.

Looking forward to it as I live not too far from Rochdale myself
Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 22:46 - Dec 6 with 3092 viewsDannyG_RAFC

15% seated = 150 seats
25% standing = 856
That'll do it
hopefully ST holders get first dibs
Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 23:48 - Dec 6 with 3006 viewsR17ALE

Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 19:23 - Dec 6 by BARROW

Hi,

Not a great tie for either club really. It will be great to see Barrow in the 3rd round.

Barrow are currently talking to Rochdale about tickets and I am sure all the information will be released soon. We very rarely get many away fans at Barrow for the 4th Q round we played Tranmere who claimed they would bring over 1000 - they brought 184.

Looking forward to it as I live not too far from Rochdale myself

Welcome to the board BARROW. You'd have scored 10/10 if you were called BARROWOUT!

I think most Daleys see this as a nostalgic FA Cup trip. If it were pay on the day on a Saturday I'm sure we'd bring 1000+

But, with a tv swerve, and all ticket status, we'll probably bring 600-700.

Nonetheless, I think many of us see you as an interesting former league club. At our Checkatrade tie tonight, I spoke to many an older fan who was relishing a trip to Barrow again.

One old giffer told me Barrow was his first Dale away game. And another told me it was his first home game. In the 60's they said Barrow v Dale would attract gates of 8000!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 05:36 - Dec 7 with 2931 viewsSandyman

Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 23:48 - Dec 6 by R17ALE

Welcome to the board BARROW. You'd have scored 10/10 if you were called BARROWOUT!

I think most Daleys see this as a nostalgic FA Cup trip. If it were pay on the day on a Saturday I'm sure we'd bring 1000+

But, with a tv swerve, and all ticket status, we'll probably bring 600-700.

Nonetheless, I think many of us see you as an interesting former league club. At our Checkatrade tie tonight, I spoke to many an older fan who was relishing a trip to Barrow again.

One old giffer told me Barrow was his first Dale away game. And another told me it was his first home game. In the 60's they said Barrow v Dale would attract gates of 8000!

My second ever Dale game was a 1-0 win V Barrow. The last time we ever played them at Spotland. 3 years later they were out of the league and haven't returned since.
Only went up there once to a friendly game. We were cruising down the A590 and were bemused by the sight of giraffes over a hill. Turns out it was the south lakes safari zoo in the distance.
Proper cup tie at a proper old ground at the back of beyond. Weatherproof gear essential. Would've preferred a trip to Arsenal or the rags/citteh at home, but I guess they would too. Will easily sell out whatever ticket allocation we get.
Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 09:38 - Dec 8 with 2570 viewsBarrafan

Think your allocation will be 15% not 25%, altogether in the region of 668?
Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 10:16 - Dec 8 with 2405 viewsParkinsGimp

Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 09:38 - Dec 8 by Barrafan

Think your allocation will be 15% not 25%, altogether in the region of 668?

Well we will sell that out , no worries, we may have crap support at home but our away support is very good indeed, especially in the cup. I remember taking a fair amount to Nuneaton in first round one year, and a decent turn out at Anfield v Marine , one friday night.
That A590 is one hell of a depressing road.
My Xmas wish list, beat Barrow, get Arsenal, Spurs or Chelsea at home 4th round ( home so we can inject a bit of local interest from casual supporters, who may continue to follow us to end of season) .
bury go bust and totally out of existence by 1st Feb.
Bolton in admin and decent points deduction, since 10 points wont make much to them .
Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 11:32 - Dec 8 with 2326 viewsReddale

Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 10:16 - Dec 8 by ParkinsGimp

Well we will sell that out , no worries, we may have crap support at home but our away support is very good indeed, especially in the cup. I remember taking a fair amount to Nuneaton in first round one year, and a decent turn out at Anfield v Marine , one friday night.
My Xmas wish list, beat Barrow, get Arsenal, Spurs or Chelsea at home 4th round ( home so we can inject a bit of local interest from casual supporters, who may continue to follow us to end of season) .
Bolton in admin and decent points deduction, since 10 points wont make much to them .

You seem very bitter. You may have found your way onto Santa's naughty list!
Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 11:40 - Dec 8 with 2308 viewsBarrafan

The A590 has improved somewhat over the years, don't know the last time you travelled on it.
Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 11:48 - Dec 8 with 2292 viewsaleanddale

Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 11:40 - Dec 8 by Barrafan

The A590 has improved somewhat over the years, don't know the last time you travelled on it.

Agreed plenty of dual carriage now.

About 1 hour give or take a few minutes from the M6 junction.

South lakes what's not to like!!

Good 2 hours 20 mins from Dale more in a dodgy coach
Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 11:59 - Dec 8 with 2270 viewsBarrafan

Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 11:48 - Dec 8 by aleanddale

yep its quite scenic tis the A590.
Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 15:05 - Dec 8 with 2098 viewsD_Alien

What on earth are you talking about PG? The A590 is one of the finest driving roads in the country - certainly in the north of England. It's fast, scenic, taking you somewhere pleasant and I look forward to it every time I turn off the M6

I guess if you drive like a 90yo granny* with your hands gripping the wheel in sheer terror and unable to see more than 20 yards ahead of you then it might seem a bit depressing, but then so would any road

* apologies to 90yo grannies

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 00:43 - Dec 9 with 1917 viewsShun

Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 05:36 - Dec 7 by Sandyman

My second ever Dale game was a 1-0 win V Barrow. The last time we ever played them at Spotland. 3 years later they were out of the league and haven't returned since.
Only went up there once to a friendly game. We were cruising down the A590 and were bemused by the sight of giraffes over a hill. Turns out it was the south lakes safari zoo in the distance.
Proper cup tie at a proper old ground at the back of beyond. Weatherproof gear essential. Would've preferred a trip to Arsenal or the rags/citteh at home, but I guess they would too. Will easily sell out whatever ticket allocation we get.

As an aside, South Lakes Safari Zoo is the best zoo I've ever been to.
Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 00:47 - Dec 9 with 1916 viewsShun

Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 11:48 - Dec 8 by aleanddale

I do the journey a lot, everyone should be able to manage it in comfortably less than 2 hours.
Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 09:38 - Dec 9 with 1803 viewsParkinsGimp

Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 11:40 - Dec 8 by Barrafan

Admit it was a long time ago maybe 15 years but always got stuck behind a caravan or tourist doing 50mpg , good luck to any Daley's going over hope that doesnt happen to you, I got to work :-(
Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 09:40 - Dec 9 with 1802 viewsParkinsGimp

Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 15:05 - Dec 8 by D_Alien

What on earth are you talking about PG? The A590 is one of the finest driving roads in the country - certainly in the north of England. It's fast, scenic, taking you somewhere pleasant and I look forward to it every time I turn off the M6

I guess if you drive like a 90yo granny* with your hands gripping the wheel in sheer terror and unable to see more than 20 yards ahead of you then it might seem a bit depressing, but then so would any road

* apologies to 90yo grannies

LOL DA , I think I got stuck behind a few 90yr old grannies on my way over there a few times , admit it was 15 year ago, jjst seemed like a never ending road to hell... hope you enjoy it though, I'm working that day :-(
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024