Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any Window Cleaners out there? 19:19 - Sep 12 with 49119 viewsmilly

Just bought two very large rounds in Royton and Oldham.Need 4 persons on each round.Everything supplied.Non stop work Mon-Fri.£10 Per hour.Lots of shops and workplaces as well as houses.
Any Window Cleaners out there? on 10:06 - Sep 13 with 2251 viewsdingdangblue

Any Window Cleaners out there? on 20:07 - Sep 12 by milly

Dont give mine out until i know a person is genuine.i need your email and contact number then we can arrange interview.Will only divulge mine once i know a person is genuine.It is for the would be employee to convince me,not the other way around.

Id be breaking all rules of employer/employee if i gave names of who applied etc.You do realise,an employer can be fined for that.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2016 20:13]

Applied? I thought you said no one wanted it? All he asked was the 2 usernames who you knew were out of work? Im sure you cant be fined for revealing a username was out of work and didn't want your job?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Any Window Cleaners out there? on 10:08 - Sep 13 with 2249 viewsD_Alien

Any Window Cleaners out there? on 10:00 - Sep 13 by Frog

I don't get how people can take the p*ss and try to belittle someone who is offering work. If it's below you, or just not for you then butt out, but I've had breaks in employment and been glad for anything I could get. Hope you get sorted Milly.

At least it'll give milly some stories to dine out on

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Any Window Cleaners out there? on 10:17 - Sep 13 with 2231 viewslabourer

I don't get how people can take the p*ss and try to belittle someone who is offering work. If it's below you, or just not for you then butt out, but I've had breaks in employment and been glad for anything I could get. Hope you get sorted Milly.

You're not aware of 'pops' the bury fan then? He's tried his wind ups a number of times and always gets worked out due to him being a little bit dim.

Do keep up.
Any Window Cleaners out there? on 10:17 - Sep 13 with 2231 viewsmilly

Any Window Cleaners out there? on 02:38 - Sep 13 by boffley

So---8 houses per hour in pairs. That's £20 in wages and at an average of say £7 per house an income of £56. For 2 teams (you want 4 people) that's doubled to £112 for a £40 outlay by you in wages. Now for a 6 hour day (your figures) that means you are making (gross) 112 minus 40 multiplied by 6 per day = £432 or £ 2160 per week just for owning two window cleaning rounds and doing nothing yourself. . Hmmmm.

Granted you will have some overheads from that (like buckets etc)but if you want to try "wind ups" in the future may I suggest doing a little research and getting the figures right to start with .

By the way some of your replies concerning the law and employment are laughable.

I do hope your out of work relatives enjoy working for you.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2016 7:00]

Not got 8 people as yet.Only 4 working at the moment.The Royton round is mainly houses with a few shops,which my relatives have already done which takes up 2 week from start to finish so,it is ongoing but had to explain to the customers that it will be a 3 weekly clean until further notice (to give me time to find the full labour.)
They started the Oldham round yesterday,which is mainly the factory work with a few houses thrown in.So,indeed,it is your figures that are out and not mine.As for doing nothing,thats the perk for owning the business.I work very hard though in the family building business.
When i say 2 window rounds,it was 5 rounds i purchased but ive split up into the 2 big rounds.Nephews out of work? They work very hard in the building business but offered to do the window rounds until i get the new team in.Like i say,they are enjoying it so much its looking like they will carry on and it is the building business where i will need the 2 labourers.
Any Window Cleaners out there? on 10:25 - Sep 13 with 2204 viewsD_Alien

Any Window Cleaners out there? on 10:17 - Sep 13 by milly

Not got 8 people as yet.Only 4 working at the moment.The Royton round is mainly houses with a few shops,which my relatives have already done which takes up 2 week from start to finish so,it is ongoing but had to explain to the customers that it will be a 3 weekly clean until further notice (to give me time to find the full labour.)
They started the Oldham round yesterday,which is mainly the factory work with a few houses thrown in.So,indeed,it is your figures that are out and not mine.As for doing nothing,thats the perk for owning the business.I work very hard though in the family building business.
When i say 2 window rounds,it was 5 rounds i purchased but ive split up into the 2 big rounds.Nephews out of work? They work very hard in the building business but offered to do the window rounds until i get the new team in.Like i say,they are enjoying it so much its looking like they will carry on and it is the building business where i will need the 2 labourers.

Simple question milly. What's wrong with individual window cleaners working for themselves, and keeping the money they earn from the fruits of their own labour? I get the whole "economies of scale" business, and i also get protectionism and racketeering. But "buying a round" when in fact the "round" is entirely a result of the latter doesn't sit well with me. You're depriving individuals the right of dignity and security in what was once a personalised service.

Take note, Frog
[Post edited 13 Sep 2016 10:27]

Any Window Cleaners out there? on 10:27 - Sep 13 with 2191 viewsdingdangblue

Probably because of posts like this in the past:
"Beginning to feel that most people on here are work shy."

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Any Window Cleaners out there? on 10:29 - Sep 13 with 2182 viewsParkinsGimp

Think its a fair offer , ideal for a young lad whose fit an healthy. Not bad pay and bit of exercise into the bargin.
Hope you get to the right people Milly
Any Window Cleaners out there? on 10:30 - Sep 13 with 2181 viewsmilly

Any Window Cleaners out there? on 10:25 - Sep 13 by D_Alien

Simple question milly. What's wrong with individual window cleaners working for themselves, and keeping the money they earn from the fruits of their own labour? I get the whole "economies of scale" business, and i also get protectionism and racketeering. But "buying a round" when in fact the "round" is entirely a result of the latter doesn't sit well with me. You're depriving individuals the right of dignity and security in what was once a personalised service.

Take note, Frog
[Post edited 13 Sep 2016 10:27]

Unfortunately,A lot of people cant afford to purchase window rounds etc,so,what is wrong with me offering the work?Why would i let a worker take all the proceeds?no point in buying the rounds.I am not forcing people to work but its there for those who want it.
Login to get fewer ads

Any Window Cleaners out there? on 10:35 - Sep 13 with 2167 viewsD_Alien

Any Window Cleaners out there? on 10:30 - Sep 13 by milly

Unfortunately,A lot of people cant afford to purchase window rounds etc,so,what is wrong with me offering the work?Why would i let a worker take all the proceeds?no point in buying the rounds.I am not forcing people to work but its there for those who want it.

You've entirely missed the point. Rounds only exist because someone came along and made it difficult for individuals to operate by themselves. Cleaning windows isn't a trade, although it is a dignified way to earn a living. By creating "rounds" and buying/selling them on, you're preventing that type of employment for individuals through protectionism.

What would you do if an individual came along and offered to clean your "customers" windows cheaper than you do?

[Post edited 13 Sep 2016 10:39]

Any Window Cleaners out there? on 10:59 - Sep 13 with 2118 viewsmilly

I actually bought rounds that were advertised for sale.One of the guys was retiring and one was re locating.The others i dont know but must have had a valid point if selling.
People had the opportunity to buy if they so wanted.
If anything,its the sellers of today who are ripping people off.Used to be 10times the takings for a sale,now its near enough 30. That alone is too much for the average person to dish out.Blame the sellers,not me.These sellers are just the average type window cleaners and not part of a larger business.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2016 11:17]
Any Window Cleaners out there? on 11:18 - Sep 13 with 2078 viewsD_Alien

Any Window Cleaners out there? on 10:59 - Sep 13 by milly

I actually bought rounds that were advertised for sale.One of the guys was retiring and one was re locating.The others i dont know but must have had a valid point if selling.
People had the opportunity to buy if they so wanted.
If anything,its the sellers of today who are ripping people off.Used to be 10times the takings for a sale,now its near enough 30. That alone is too much for the average person to dish out.Blame the sellers,not me.These sellers are just the average type window cleaners and not part of a larger business.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2016 11:17]

I understand how you might've come to acquire the "round", and commiserate with you for having to pay what you consider to be a rip off amount in order to continue with the protectionism. Do you understand what I mean by that?

I'll ask you again - what would you do if an individual worker (not a round-buyer) came along, and offered to clean the windows of say, the residents of a block of streets on your "round" for less than you're asking those residents to pay?

That's what a free market economy should allow, so customers can get the best deal available to them. What you're doing with this "rounds" business is depriving customers of a potential better deal and an individual worker of the chance to earn a living by the fruit of their own labour without their income being sliced and diced by a middleman - that's you.

[Post edited 13 Sep 2016 11:22]

Any Window Cleaners out there? on 11:23 - Sep 13 with 2058 viewsmilly

Any Window Cleaners out there? on 11:18 - Sep 13 by D_Alien

I understand how you might've come to acquire the "round", and commiserate with you for having to pay what you consider to be a rip off amount in order to continue with the protectionism. Do you understand what I mean by that?

I'll ask you again - what would you do if an individual worker (not a round-buyer) came along, and offered to clean the windows of say, the residents of a block of streets on your "round" for less than you're asking those residents to pay?

That's what a free market economy should allow, so customers can get the best deal available to them. What you're doing with this "rounds" business is depriving customers of a potential better deal and an individual worker of the chance to earn a living by the fruit of their own labour without their income being sliced and diced by a middleman - that's you.

[Post edited 13 Sep 2016 11:22]

could go round in circles here. "individual worker of the chance to earn a living"and what happens if he was undercut etc?Just going round in circles.
What could i do if someone took a block from me?Have to cross that bridge should it ever happen but,it wont be violence,that im sure of.
In any case,the householders must be happy because ive not raised any prices from the previous cleaners.They would have ditched previous person if they were not getting value.
If a person was seriously undercutting and it was a legit business,i doubt he could sustain it.And if he was working on the sly,it would be ok until caught.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2016 11:31]
Any Window Cleaners out there? on 11:30 - Sep 13 with 2041 viewsD_Alien

Any Window Cleaners out there? on 11:23 - Sep 13 by milly

could go round in circles here. "individual worker of the chance to earn a living"and what happens if he was undercut etc?Just going round in circles.
What could i do if someone took a block from me?Have to cross that bridge should it ever happen but,it wont be violence,that im sure of.
In any case,the householders must be happy because ive not raised any prices from the previous cleaners.They would have ditched previous person if they were not getting value.
If a person was seriously undercutting and it was a legit business,i doubt he could sustain it.And if he was working on the sly,it would be ok until caught.

So you agree that violence can play a part in this type of racket you're involved in, even though you say you wouldn't use violence to protect the "round" you've paid over the odds for?

Why would that be?

Any Window Cleaners out there? on 11:33 - Sep 13 with 2022 viewsmilly

Any Window Cleaners out there? on 11:30 - Sep 13 by D_Alien

So you agree that violence can play a part in this type of racket you're involved in, even though you say you wouldn't use violence to protect the "round" you've paid over the odds for?

Why would that be?

Violence can break out in any line of business.Does not mean all persons partake in it.
Any Window Cleaners out there? on 11:40 - Sep 13 with 1992 viewsD_Alien

Any Window Cleaners out there? on 11:33 - Sep 13 by milly

Violence can break out in any line of business.Does not mean all persons partake in it.

When aldi opened their latest store next to asda on Mellor Street, in direct competition and undercutting asda's prices, was there any question of asda sending their shelf-fillers round to lean on the aldi employees?

Your point that "violence can break out in any line of business" is wonderful to hear. Are we talking about businesses in the UK, or in Russia?

Any Window Cleaners out there? on 11:44 - Sep 13 with 1978 viewsmilly

Any Window Cleaners out there? on 11:40 - Sep 13 by D_Alien

When aldi opened their latest store next to asda on Mellor Street, in direct competition and undercutting asda's prices, was there any question of asda sending their shelf-fillers round to lean on the aldi employees?

Your point that "violence can break out in any line of business" is wonderful to hear. Are we talking about businesses in the UK, or in Russia?

I can only speak for myself and im not a violent person.Could the person who undercut me sustain that if it was a legit business to him? He would be out of business in no time if he gave basement bargain cleans.If he was doing it on the sly,then that would be ok until caught i suppose.Prices are very fair and inline with others.
Any Window Cleaners out there? on 11:48 - Sep 13 with 1970 viewsmilly

Im not forcing people to work but the offer is there for those who want work.Im not ripping anyone off with my £10 per hour rate.Try and get that elsewhere for unskilled labour.
Any Window Cleaners out there? on 11:51 - Sep 13 with 1964 viewsD_Alien

Any Window Cleaners out there? on 11:44 - Sep 13 by milly

I can only speak for myself and im not a violent person.Could the person who undercut me sustain that if it was a legit business to him? He would be out of business in no time if he gave basement bargain cleans.If he was doing it on the sly,then that would be ok until caught i suppose.Prices are very fair and inline with others.

If the person who undercut you charged the customers the same amount as you're paying your labourers, he can easily sustain that since he wouldn't be incurring the amount you're creaming off (if you'll excuse the expression).

Sure, he'd have initial overheads - a ladder, bucket, and materials. That's not going to deter many people if they wanted to start a round, is it? What would deter them is the thought (whether applied by you or not) that they'd get leaned on.

[Post edited 13 Sep 2016 11:53]

Any Window Cleaners out there? on 11:54 - Sep 13 with 1950 viewsmilly

Any Window Cleaners out there? on 11:51 - Sep 13 by D_Alien

If the person who undercut you charged the customers the same amount as you're paying your labourers, he can easily sustain that since he wouldn't be incurring the amount you're creaming off (if you'll excuse the expression).

Sure, he'd have initial overheads - a ladder, bucket, and materials. That's not going to deter many people if they wanted to start a round, is it? What would deter them is the thought (whether applied by you or not) that they'd get leaned on.

[Post edited 13 Sep 2016 11:53]

Its very unlikely that that "person" would have the full round.Just a block here and there.Even if he did take the full round,he could not manage it on his own and therefore would need help.meaning price increases etc if it was a legit business.
Any Window Cleaners out there? on 11:56 - Sep 13 with 1939 viewsTVOS1907

Wait till he starts slagging off our crowds.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Any Window Cleaners out there? on 12:02 - Sep 13 with 1920 viewsD_Alien

Any Window Cleaners out there? on 11:54 - Sep 13 by milly

Its very unlikely that that "person" would have the full round.Just a block here and there.Even if he did take the full round,he could not manage it on his own and therefore would need help.meaning price increases etc if it was a legit business.

You keep coming back to the "round".

I use inverted commas because it's entirely created by protectionism, which I believe is illegal in the UK, or at least subject to scutiny by government.

I don't doubt you think you're creating employment, but what you're actually doing is simply acting as a middleman between those who'd be cleaning windows and customers. It may be legitimate to do so, but it's still not creating employment.

Any Window Cleaners out there? on 12:07 - Sep 13 with 1908 viewsmilly

Have to agree to disagree then.no point going round in circles.You think im exploiting then fair enough.Everyone is entitled to an opinion whether wrong or correct.One of the rounds was up for sale for months,why no buyer? just because i buy im denying others according to you.They had months to purchase but never did.
Any Window Cleaners out there? on 12:24 - Sep 13 with 1869 viewsD_Alien

Any Window Cleaners out there? on 12:07 - Sep 13 by milly

Have to agree to disagree then.no point going round in circles.You think im exploiting then fair enough.Everyone is entitled to an opinion whether wrong or correct.One of the rounds was up for sale for months,why no buyer? just because i buy im denying others according to you.They had months to purchase but never did.

I don't doubt your motivation.

If "rounds" aren't "bought", eventually someone would be employed to clean the windows, and the vacuum would be filled, just as it has been in the hundreds of years since windows were invented, until middlemen decided to get involved.

In cleaning office and high-rise windows, I could understand the need for a business run by a company due to specialist equipment, but not as far as housing estates are concerned.

I've made my point about your "rounds". It's not that you're wrong, it's just that you're trying to square a circle.

Any Window Cleaners out there? on 12:35 - Sep 13 with 1838 viewsdownunder

Any Window Cleaners out there? on 07:13 - Sep 13 by TVOS1907

He'll be able to get plenty of buckets for free, I imagine.

And plenty of "flannel"
Any Window Cleaners out there? on 12:43 - Sep 13 with 1815 viewsmilly

Any Window Cleaners out there? on 12:24 - Sep 13 by D_Alien

I don't doubt your motivation.

If "rounds" aren't "bought", eventually someone would be employed to clean the windows, and the vacuum would be filled, just as it has been in the hundreds of years since windows were invented, until middlemen decided to get involved.

In cleaning office and high-rise windows, I could understand the need for a business run by a company due to specialist equipment, but not as far as housing estates are concerned.

I've made my point about your "rounds". It's not that you're wrong, it's just that you're trying to square a circle.

Still be back to square one though.Even if a guy started a round,im sure he would sell it on retirement or relocating etc.He would not give it away,therefore full circle yet again.
According to my nephews they say,"piss easy for a tenner an hour".Maybe im offering too generous an amount.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2016 12:47]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024