Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Meeting with the directors 18:52 - Sep 9 with 14082 viewsColDale

This Thursday
http://www.daletrust.co.uk/2016/09/meeting-with-the-directors/

If you're using the contact form, it's Spotland not COA for the Stadium Q to beat off the bots
Meeting with the directors on 11:52 - Sep 20 with 2690 viewsdingdangblue

Meeting with the directors on 11:15 - Sep 20 by milly

Are you just a knobhead or lost a family member with an illness?Not just one company puts in a tender.Rochdale will pick the best offer available.Rochdale then contract it out (to the best offer) and get paid the rent.Whether that same company wants the contract the year after is up to them.Doubt they will though if they dont make a profit,which is unlikely.
Now,you jog off to see your seriously ill family member.Knobhead.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2016 11:16]

Ah - you are on your period aren't you.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Meeting with the directors on 12:04 - Sep 20 with 2678 viewsThe_Knightowl

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/matchday-caterting-staff-required-3147

Hmmmmm
Meeting with the directors on 12:33 - Sep 20 with 2604 viewsTVOS1907

Meeting with the directors on 11:52 - Sep 20 by dingdangblue

Ah - you are on your period aren't you.

It's a shame this individual is being allowed to ruin perfectly good threads. (Not you, DDB)

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Meeting with the directors on 12:46 - Sep 20 with 2564 viewsAtThePeake

Meeting with the directors on 12:04 - Sep 20 by The_Knightowl

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/matchday-caterting-staff-required-3147

Hmmmmm

It's perhaps worth noting that although it seems pretty clear that Dale don't give out contracts on the refreshment bars etc, I'm fairly certain they do at Bury.

Tangled up in blue.

Meeting with the directors on 13:22 - Sep 20 with 2483 views442Dale

Meeting with the directors on 05:29 - Sep 20 by ColDale

We didn't do because it's been said before, and on the night where we had just an hour for the meeting (it eventually took hour and a half), there was bigger issues to deal with. Like said before, there's been split prices in the Dale Bar / Ratcliffe historically in a bid to increase revenue from away supporters as they generally won't take their business elsewhere, and I viewed it as an extension on that. Quite happy to be contradicted on this, but I'd argue that the prices are more than comparable with food kiosks at other football grounds (whilst accepting that they are expensive if compared with any cafe). There was nothing to suggest home supporters are charged different prices, but I couldn't tell you if the Main Stand Bar charges the same as Dale Bar (different breweries etc).

The vast majority of the meeting was spent dealing with ways to boost the crowd both in short and long term. New Chief Exec Russ Green came across very well, and he struck me as somebody who is constantly one step ahead in his thinking. There is a real focus to boost the next generation of supporter through, and it sounded like this will be achieved through idea after idea after idea rather than just one thing and assuming everything will fall into place.

Several ideas were chucked out, some of which I've discussed on here. Obviously no decisions were made at the meeting, but we really pushed the idea of using the Trust as a sounding board for any decisions that are made and how they are presented (ie make young season tickets £10 rather than making them free with a £10 admin fee). RG talked about his Hartlepool experiences with regards to season tickets. Can't say I came away with a feeling of what might definitely happen, but my gut feeling is there is an openness to do things differently next time round.

This post has been edited by an administrator

While I agree there were undoubtably bigger issues to discuss and it may have been raised before, it's a situation that doesn't reflect well on Rochdale Football Club. Nor does it matter how good the prices are in comparison to elsewhere. At no stage should any fans be paying more for the same refreshments.

As we've seen in recent times, the small things matter and send out a message. We should strive to be much better that that.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Meeting with the directors on 13:27 - Sep 20 with 2467 viewsRosun

When we travel away do the host club have different prices for us? It seems to be a blanket £4 for a bottle of lager at most of the grounds so far this season.
Meeting with the directors on 13:30 - Sep 20 with 2459 views442Dale

Meeting with the directors on 13:27 - Sep 20 by Rosun

When we travel away do the host club have different prices for us? It seems to be a blanket £4 for a bottle of lager at most of the grounds so far this season.

Again, you'd hope that home fans at those grounds are also suffering the same lager-based attacks on their wallets. We're certainly in no position to complain if not.

Meeting with the directors on 13:50 - Sep 20 with 2418 viewsD_Alien

Meeting with the directors on 13:30 - Sep 20 by 442Dale

Again, you'd hope that home fans at those grounds are also suffering the same lager-based attacks on their wallets. We're certainly in no position to complain if not.

We've had enough lager-based attacks on this messageboard in the past few days without wanting to encourage any more!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Meeting with the directors on 14:23 - Sep 20 with 2364 viewsdingdangblue

Meeting with the directors on 11:15 - Sep 20 by milly

Are you just a knobhead or lost a family member with an illness?Not just one company puts in a tender.Rochdale will pick the best offer available.Rochdale then contract it out (to the best offer) and get paid the rent.Whether that same company wants the contract the year after is up to them.Doubt they will though if they dont make a profit,which is unlikely.
Now,you jog off to see your seriously ill family member.Knobhead.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2016 11:16]

What a strange and peculiar person you are. In less than a week you've gone from kindly offering people employment to calling everyone a knob head and accusing us of having sick relatives. Bizarre.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2016 14:24]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Meeting with the directors on 15:15 - Sep 20 with 2288 viewsTVOS1907

Meeting with the directors on 14:23 - Sep 20 by dingdangblue

What a strange and peculiar person you are. In less than a week you've gone from kindly offering people employment to calling everyone a knob head and accusing us of having sick relatives. Bizarre.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2016 14:24]

I don't think we'll be hearing off him again.

Meeting with the directors on 15:21 - Sep 20 with 2268 viewsDaveButt

milly, you will find the kiosks are run by Rochdale AFC for both football and rugby and always have been. The upstairs kitchen and catering is run by a franchise, again for both Football and Rugby.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2016 19:01]
Meeting with the directors on 15:22 - Sep 20 with 2261 viewslabourer

Meeting with the directors on 15:15 - Sep 20 by TVOS1907

Strange this one. The bloke who sent me a pm claiming to be pops and saying it definitely wasn't him suddenly reappeared on the logged in users list after this milly chap got the boot. I do enjoy the lack of intelligence bury fans display on here.
Meeting with the directors on 15:30 - Sep 20 with 2243 viewsTVOS1907

Meeting with the directors on 15:21 - Sep 20 by DaveButt

milly, you will find the kiosks are run by Rochdale AFC for both football and rugby and always have been. The upstairs kitchen and catering is run by a franchise, again for both Football and Rugby.

... except the stadium is now run and owned by Rochdale AFC.

Meeting with the directors on 15:31 - Sep 20 with 2242 viewsTVOS1907

Meeting with the directors on 15:22 - Sep 20 by labourer

Strange this one. The bloke who sent me a pm claiming to be pops and saying it definitely wasn't him suddenly reappeared on the logged in users list after this milly chap got the boot. I do enjoy the lack of intelligence bury fans display on here.

Like I told him, dim, very dim.

Meeting with the directors on 15:49 - Sep 20 with 2203 viewsD_Alien

Meeting with the directors on 15:31 - Sep 20 by TVOS1907

Like I told him, dim, very dim.

dim + very dim = dim sum

Meeting with the directors on 16:24 - Sep 20 with 2142 views1mark1

Meeting with the directors on 12:04 - Sep 20 by The_Knightowl

Hmmmmm

The Club must be "Knobheads" if they are advertising for positions that they don't have.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Meeting with the directors on 16:28 - Sep 20 with 2130 views1mark1

Meeting with the directors on 15:21 - Sep 20 by DaveButt

And that was one of the benefits stated by the Club when they took full control of the Stadium, to maximise income from the kiosks and bars etc. Must be "knobheads".
[Post edited 20 Sep 2016 16:29]

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Meeting with the directors on 17:17 - Sep 20 with 2054 viewsColDale

Meeting with the directors on 13:22 - Sep 20 by 442Dale

While I agree there were undoubtably bigger issues to discuss and it may have been raised before, it's a situation that doesn't reflect well on Rochdale Football Club. Nor does it matter how good the prices are in comparison to elsewhere. At no stage should any fans be paying more for the same refreshments.

As we've seen in recent times, the small things matter and send out a message. We should strive to be much better that that.

Ultimately the Trust has to act in the best interest of its members, and whilst it has a relevance, it currently has no impact on either our members or other supporters of our club. Sounds awful being as brutal as that, but bigger fish to fry at this moment (not that you'd be able to take the fish into the ground).

We'd rightly be held up for criticism if all we came away with was an assurance about away fans being charged the same as home supporters, and like I'd said, I'd argue that food and drinks at Spotland are cheaper than the vast majority of grounds at our level. Would away fans feel ripped off paying twenty pence more for a pie at £2.50 when it's £3 at their ground?

BTW "Several ideas were chucked out" should have been "several ideas were discussed". The problems of writing up at stupid o'clock. I'd say 90% of what was spoken about was constructive ways and different ideas about what can be done, and with more ideas coming from the club than perhaps at any previous meeting.
Meeting with the directors on 17:31 - Sep 20 with 2040 viewsClivert

Meeting with the directors on 15:15 - Sep 20 by TVOS1907

If that's the case then he can go back to concentrating on the expansion of his business empire rather than having to spend his working day dicking about on here.

#itstoughatthetop
Meeting with the directors on 17:32 - Sep 20 with 2040 views442Dale

Meeting with the directors on 17:17 - Sep 20 by ColDale

Ultimately the Trust has to act in the best interest of its members, and whilst it has a relevance, it currently has no impact on either our members or other supporters of our club. Sounds awful being as brutal as that, but bigger fish to fry at this moment (not that you'd be able to take the fish into the ground).

We'd rightly be held up for criticism if all we came away with was an assurance about away fans being charged the same as home supporters, and like I'd said, I'd argue that food and drinks at Spotland are cheaper than the vast majority of grounds at our level. Would away fans feel ripped off paying twenty pence more for a pie at £2.50 when it's £3 at their ground?

BTW "Several ideas were chucked out" should have been "several ideas were discussed". The problems of writing up at stupid o'clock. I'd say 90% of what was spoken about was constructive ways and different ideas about what can be done, and with more ideas coming from the club than perhaps at any previous meeting.

Oh yeah, I totally get that there are more important things, it's that it's something simple for the Trust/supporters/ whoever to express how disappointing such a situation is. Because it is. Up to the club whether they care about that.

Same as a £10 admin fee for a free season ticket; it was never a problem for anyone to pay a tenner. Costs, business decisions etc, we get it as fans. It's how they're implemented and explained.

It's extremely positive about all the new ideas coming from the club, especially allied to what the Chairman said on GMR last night. The changes at the club will also hopefully see a change in the culture for everyone's benefit.

Meeting with the directors on 21:59 - Sep 20 with 1852 viewssandy_dale

In the least dramatic way possible, a lot of things that have occurred off the pitch since the end of last season have left me feeling like the board have lost interest in the fans
Meeting with the directors on 22:17 - Sep 20 with 1827 viewsTVOS1907

Meeting with the directors on 19:48 - Sep 19 by TVOS1907

I don't get the answer about the shirts.

It seems simple to me - when new stock arrives, especially when people have been asking about specific items like a new shirt, put a story on the o/s and all the other channels, encouraging fans to either visit the shop in person or look at the online shop.

Or am I missing something?
[Post edited 19 Sep 2016 19:50]

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/rochdale-afc-dale-club-shop-on

Meeting with the directors on 09:57 - Sep 21 with 1609 viewsParkinsGimp

No mention of abusive director? . I think more action should of been taken against the director in question and a full apology given again to the trust, with assurances that if this said individual continues to treat Dale fans with contempt he will be dealt with!
Meeting with the directors on 10:09 - Sep 21 with 1588 viewsD_Alien

Meeting with the directors on 09:57 - Sep 21 by ParkinsGimp

No mention of abusive director? . I think more action should of been taken against the director in question and a full apology given again to the trust, with assurances that if this said individual continues to treat Dale fans with contempt he will be dealt with!

Since you treat everyone at the club with contempt, maybe you should be dealt with too?

There are means, as this thread demonstrates, although as a WUM you're pretty small fry.

Meeting with the directors on 11:05 - Sep 21 with 1533 viewsDaleiLama

Meeting with the directors on 10:09 - Sep 21 by D_Alien

Since you treat everyone at the club with contempt, maybe you should be dealt with too?

There are means, as this thread demonstrates, although as a WUM you're pretty small fry.

You're up early!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024