Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SUNDERLAND EYE AYEW 16:17 - Jan 15 with 11647 viewsJACKARSE

Sunderland have approached Swansea in an attempt to sign striker Andre Ayew, according to Sky sources.

However, it is our understanding that the Swans are keen to keep hold of the Ghana international, who only moved to the Liberty Stadium from Marseille in June.
SUNDERLAND EYE AYEW on 22:44 - Jan 15 with 1994 viewsSwansea93

Hopefully we will get 18-20m if he scores a few more at the end of the season if we're still in the league, then give it to the new boss for a massive transfer kitty in the summer, although I'd rather him stay.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

SUNDERLAND EYE AYEW on 22:53 - Jan 15 with 1958 viewsDaggyjack

Unless we stay up and bring in a top manager, there is no way Ayew will stay next season.
SUNDERLAND EYE AYEW on 22:58 - Jan 15 with 1927 viewsSwansea93

SUNDERLAND EYE AYEW on 22:53 - Jan 15 by Daggyjack

Unless we stay up and bring in a top manager, there is no way Ayew will stay next season.

Yeah, he came to us thinking we'd push on for the European places or so I've read.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

SUNDERLAND EYE AYEW on 23:14 - Jan 15 with 1887 viewslancasterswan

SUNDERLAND EYE AYEW on 22:31 - Jan 15 by blaine_scfc

I can see where your coming from but I just don't agree the job being done now is a good one. I have the utmost respect for what they all did when they decided to put money of their own in. But this has now gone from Huw dealing with the business side of things, to him even having complete control over player recruitment, which he isn't the slightest bit qualified for.

I'm sorry, but he's more than made his money back plus thousands more, the moment a very well paid employee fails at the job they have, then there surely should be consequences. We are a complete mess, I believe this is firmly down to HJ and GM.

Fair enough Blaine, maybe I have more faith and don't resent the reward for what must be one of the most pressurised jobs in Wales but I respect your opinion. I won't have a word said against Garry Monk. A total servant to the club and if some players weren't onside it would be they were thinking of themselves and not Swansea City and that is where the rot started.

And I'll go with spelt or spelled but for me the former is spat off the torch when I'm welding badly :-) or when one of my hippy friends eats organic bread.
SUNDERLAND EYE AYEW on 01:04 - Jan 16 with 1765 viewsDeerhunter

SUNDERLAND EYE AYEW on 16:37 - Jan 15 by oh_tommy_tommy

Defoe is unsettled up there .

No he isn't.
SUNDERLAND EYE AYEW on 01:17 - Jan 16 with 1731 viewslondonlisa2001

SUNDERLAND EYE AYEW on 23:14 - Jan 15 by lancasterswan

Fair enough Blaine, maybe I have more faith and don't resent the reward for what must be one of the most pressurised jobs in Wales but I respect your opinion. I won't have a word said against Garry Monk. A total servant to the club and if some players weren't onside it would be they were thinking of themselves and not Swansea City and that is where the rot started.

And I'll go with spelt or spelled but for me the former is spat off the torch when I'm welding badly :-) or when one of my hippy friends eats organic bread.

I have a lot of respect for HJ and the board (albeit that the past few months have been a shambles).

BUT, irrespective of any of that, 'one of the most pressurised jobs in Wales'??

Give me a break. Being an oncologist having to tell parents that their child has cancer, a paramedic racing through the night to get to someone having a heart attack, a factory worker worrying about being laid off in the next round of redundancies and how they're going to feed their families, a single Mum juggling her minimum wage job with childcare, a young couple with zero hours contracts and a mortgage - those are pressurised jobs, not getting paid hundreds of thousands of pounds to run a bloody football club. Seriously, it's a GAME and some people need to get an absolute grip of themselves and stop believing the bloody hype.
SUNDERLAND EYE AYEW on 01:23 - Jan 16 with 1714 viewsUplandsJack

SUNDERLAND EYE AYEW on 23:14 - Jan 15 by lancasterswan

Really lancs, please take your rose tinted glasses off...
Monk has taken this club back years and if you can't see that then there's no hope for you....
HJ must also shoulder a lot of the responsibility for sitting by and allowing it to happen.
I'm sick off reading comments like Monk was 100% Swansea , Quite simply its a crock of crap....
Monk cared about Monk. Plain and simple. (I'm not knocking him for this mind its just human nature )
As A Player:
This is the same bloke that openly admitted to trying to get not one, but TWO managers the sack and running back to HJ telling tales/complaining etc!
Fained injury to avoid going out on loan, thus freeing up wages that could have been used to strengthen squad!
As A Manager:
Took us further away from the "Swansea Way" than any other manager.
Refused offer from board to bring in experienced coach for fear of being under minded.
Constantly ran back to HJ complaining about players attitude etc.(sound familiar)

You make him sound like a saint (no pun) He was paid handsomely as a player and even more so as the manager.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2016 1:25]
SUNDERLAND EYE AYEW on 01:25 - Jan 16 with 1709 viewslonglostjack

SUNDERLAND EYE AYEW on 01:17 - Jan 16 by londonlisa2001

I have a lot of respect for HJ and the board (albeit that the past few months have been a shambles).

Give me a break. Being an oncologist having to tell parents that their child has cancer, a paramedic racing through the night to get to someone having a heart attack, a factory worker worrying about being laid off in the next round of redundancies and how they're going to feed their families, a single Mum juggling her minimum wage job with childcare, a young couple with zero hours contracts and a mortgage - those are pressurised jobs, not getting paid hundreds of thousands of pounds to run a bloody football club. Seriously, it's a GAME and some people need to get an absolute grip of themselves and stop believing the bloody hype.

Bang on !

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Login to get fewer ads

SUNDERLAND EYE AYEW on 07:30 - Jan 16 with 1614 viewsblaine_scfc

SUNDERLAND EYE AYEW on 01:23 - Jan 16 by UplandsJack

Really lancs, please take your rose tinted glasses off...
Monk has taken this club back years and if you can't see that then there's no hope for you....
HJ must also shoulder a lot of the responsibility for sitting by and allowing it to happen.
I'm sick off reading comments like Monk was 100% Swansea , Quite simply its a crock of crap....
Monk cared about Monk. Plain and simple. (I'm not knocking him for this mind its just human nature )
As A Player:
This is the same bloke that openly admitted to trying to get not one, but TWO managers the sack and running back to HJ telling tales/complaining etc!
Fained injury to avoid going out on loan, thus freeing up wages that could have been used to strengthen squad!
As A Manager:
Took us further away from the "Swansea Way" than any other manager.
Refused offer from board to bring in experienced coach for fear of being under minded.
Constantly ran back to HJ complaining about players attitude etc.(sound familiar)

You make him sound like a saint (no pun) He was paid handsomely as a player and even more so as the manager.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2016 1:25]

Spot on about Monk.
SUNDERLAND EYE AYEW on 09:09 - Jan 16 with 1553 viewsGriffting

Reports today saying they've officially bid 6 million but we want 12.. If this is true then I'm just gobsmacked. 12 million for Ayew to a relagation rival.. Double that, triple that to a relagation rival! In fact, done even think about doing the deal! If Huw does this deal we either deeper into the mire than suggested or he's officially lost his marbles.
SUNDERLAND EYE AYEW on 09:15 - Jan 16 with 1537 viewsLeonisGod

SUNDERLAND EYE AYEW on 01:04 - Jan 16 by Deerhunter

No he isn't.

He must be. He's scored more than a third of his goals down here, in one match. He must like the our rain or summin
SUNDERLAND EYE AYEW on 09:25 - Jan 16 with 1521 viewsLord_Bony

Well said that lady...these people are very lucky indeed.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

SUNDERLAND EYE AYEW on 09:49 - Jan 16 with 1485 viewslancasterswan

OK OK ... Rose tinted glasses off. A lot of what I typed last night was rubbish so I'll hold my hand up and apologise. Note to self ... don't type and have a beer at the same time. Have a good day everyone :-)
SUNDERLAND EYE AYEW on 09:51 - Jan 16 with 1470 viewsjojaca

SUNDERLAND EYE AYEW on 09:49 - Jan 16 by lancasterswan

OK OK ... Rose tinted glasses off. A lot of what I typed last night was rubbish so I'll hold my hand up and apologise. Note to self ... don't type and have a beer at the same time. Have a good day everyone :-)

Your forgiven.

Even when you know, you never know?

SUNDERLAND EYE AYEW on 09:57 - Jan 16 with 1444 viewsLeonisGod

SUNDERLAND EYE AYEW on 09:49 - Jan 16 by lancasterswan

Nothing to apologise for. If people think football is just a game and there's no pressure in it, then they're the ones who have their heads in the sand. Beer and the board don't mix well though
SUNDERLAND EYE AYEW on 10:09 - Jan 16 with 1414 viewsDyfnant

SUNDERLAND EYE AYEW on 09:09 - Jan 16 by Griffting

Reports today saying they've officially bid 6 million but we want 12.. If this is true then I'm just gobsmacked. 12 million for Ayew to a relagation rival.. Double that, triple that to a relagation rival! In fact, done even think about doing the deal! If Huw does this deal we either deeper into the mire than suggested or he's officially lost his marbles.

The only logical football reason to accept a bid of £12M at his stage, would be if it helped fund Bony's return

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

SUNDERLAND EYE AYEW on 10:19 - Jan 16 with 1386 viewsGriffting

SUNDERLAND EYE AYEW on 10:09 - Jan 16 by Dyfnant

The only logical football reason to accept a bid of £12M at his stage, would be if it helped fund Bony's return

At a stretch but even then I wouldn't sell to anyone less that 10th.. He's not like Shelvey, He scores goals, creates chances and is our only threat at the moment. We do not need to be giving that to anyone else in the division let alone our rivals at the bottom. Hopefully its complete bull or we've swiftly told them where they can shove it.
SUNDERLAND EYE AYEW on 10:20 - Jan 16 with 1377 viewsblaine_scfc

SUNDERLAND EYE AYEW on 10:09 - Jan 16 by Dyfnant

There would be plenty of other clubs who are not our direct relegation rivals that would take Ayew at £12 million, that's a snip!

It's not going to happen so I'm not jumping on anyone, but if it did, there simply would be no excuses. It would be the footballing term of suicide.
SUNDERLAND EYE AYEW on 10:25 - Jan 16 with 1360 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I wonder if any club in relegation trouble has sold their top scorer (scorer of 37% of our goals) in January and stayed up?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

SUNDERLAND EYE AYEW on 10:32 - Jan 16 with 1330 viewsGriffting

SUNDERLAND EYE AYEW on 10:25 - Jan 16 by Joe_bradshaw

I wonder if any club in relegation trouble has sold their top scorer (scorer of 37% of our goals) in January and stayed up?

I'm sure the findings would be grim..
Wonder if Austin's 18 prem goals last year was the highest amount that anyone's scored in a relegated team?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024