Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Naismith 13:33 - Jan 12 with 24968 viewsDanGom1

Rumours that he's turned down Norwich for us, would you be happy with that?
Naismith on 18:52 - Jan 12 with 2407 viewsunion_jack

Why are people so hostile to opposing fans when they come on with friendly chat.

We don't want to come over as rude now, do we?

To the Everton fan, please excuse some in here.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Naismith on 18:54 - Jan 12 with 2387 viewsNeath_Jack

Naismith on 18:52 - Jan 12 by union_jack

Why are people so hostile to opposing fans when they come on with friendly chat.

Who's been rude?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Naismith on 19:41 - Jan 12 with 2181 viewsbt95

Naismith on 18:42 - Jan 12 by Neath_Jack

When did you last win a trophy la?

You wouldn't even be the 4th biggest in the Championship let alone Britain ffs.

20 years ago. As I said, we have under achieved in regards to that, and it's something that with the current squad of players we should be looking to get under our belts again.

You have what, one League Cup to your name? And that is not meant to belittle that achievement at all - I'd be thrilled to see us win that trophy this season!

My point is that stature wise, you cannot put the two clubs in the same bracket.

Swansea are a fine club, and up until the Monk sacking I personally thought a club that was incredibly well-run and knew its limitations and, most importantly, its strengths. I still do think that, in the most part, and on topic, I think both Gibson and Naismith would be good additions to your squad and your attempts to avoid a relegation scrap - which with the players you have should not be happening.

And get off been a wind up merchant pal. You look at the records - Everton, behind United, Liverpool and Arsenal, are the fourth biggest club in English football.

As I said in my other post, it may mean little at the moment in terms of money or challenging for a title, but when other teams' fans say that players will definitely 'leave for a big club', it urks a fanbase that is normally pretty sound, realistic and often pessimistic about our own team.

Edit: I also want to add that I in know way believe Gibson and Naismith aren't good enough for Everton. But as other posters have said, squad depth means that, when there isn't as many games, that some players just don't get the game time.

For example, Capoue at Spurs. Everyone knew there was a player in there, but he didn't fit Poch's style of play and was deemed surplus to requirements. Now he's at a team where he is one of the main men and he has flourished. That's just one example.

I also want to add that the League Cup comment above was perhaps out of order slightly, but I was just making a general point while trying not to sound too arrogant.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2016 19:45]
Naismith on 19:45 - Jan 12 with 2139 viewsAndyNak

Don't disagree with anything you've said mate - with the exception of Monk being sacked, he had to go. Won't go into all the details but our style of football has gotten terrible and it was only going one way. Cheers for taking the time to post. Personally I'd be delighted with Naismith.

Poll: Joe or Wilf? If you could only have one

Naismith on 19:51 - Jan 12 with 2085 viewsNeath_Jack

Naismith on 19:41 - Jan 12 by bt95

20 years ago. As I said, we have under achieved in regards to that, and it's something that with the current squad of players we should be looking to get under our belts again.

You have what, one League Cup to your name? And that is not meant to belittle that achievement at all - I'd be thrilled to see us win that trophy this season!

My point is that stature wise, you cannot put the two clubs in the same bracket.

Swansea are a fine club, and up until the Monk sacking I personally thought a club that was incredibly well-run and knew its limitations and, most importantly, its strengths. I still do think that, in the most part, and on topic, I think both Gibson and Naismith would be good additions to your squad and your attempts to avoid a relegation scrap - which with the players you have should not be happening.

And get off been a wind up merchant pal. You look at the records - Everton, behind United, Liverpool and Arsenal, are the fourth biggest club in English football.

As I said in my other post, it may mean little at the moment in terms of money or challenging for a title, but when other teams' fans say that players will definitely 'leave for a big club', it urks a fanbase that is normally pretty sound, realistic and often pessimistic about our own team.

Edit: I also want to add that I in know way believe Gibson and Naismith aren't good enough for Everton. But as other posters have said, squad depth means that, when there isn't as many games, that some players just don't get the game time.

For example, Capoue at Spurs. Everyone knew there was a player in there, but he didn't fit Poch's style of play and was deemed surplus to requirements. Now he's at a team where he is one of the main men and he has flourished. That's just one example.

I also want to add that the League Cup comment above was perhaps out of order slightly, but I was just making a general point while trying not to sound too arrogant.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2016 19:45]

No problem with most of that, other than how big a club you think Everton are. Not a chance in hell you're one of the big 4. What are you basing it on?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Naismith on 19:57 - Jan 12 with 2046 viewsbt95

Naismith on 19:45 - Jan 12 by AndyNak

Don't disagree with anything you've said mate - with the exception of Monk being sacked, he had to go. Won't go into all the details but our style of football has gotten terrible and it was only going one way. Cheers for taking the time to post. Personally I'd be delighted with Naismith.

Fair enough matey! Not wishing to start any arguments!

He'd be a great signing for you, I reckon.

And I don't think Gibson would be bad either, though his injury record is a risk.
Naismith on 20:02 - Jan 12 with 2014 viewsAndyNak

I think the vast majority of us were willing him to turn it around - one of our own and all that - but it seemed the situation was irretrievable. The chairman doesn't sack managers (or more importantly pay compensation) easily so trust his judgement on that one.

Honestly don't know anything about Gibson but I'd love a player with the tenacity and passion of Naismith right now

Poll: Joe or Wilf? If you could only have one

Naismith on 20:04 - Jan 12 with 1979 viewspencoedjack

Naismith on 18:52 - Jan 12 by union_jack

Not being hostile but when a mid table PL supporter believes a 6th choice player at their club will make our mid field better I call that being the Billy big bollocks.
Login to get fewer ads

Naismith on 20:07 - Jan 12 with 1961 viewsDr_Winston

Naismith on 20:04 - Jan 12 by pencoedjack

Not being hostile but when a mid table PL supporter believes a 6th choice player at their club will make our mid field better I call that being the Billy big bollocks.

This.

I like Naismith. Always have. But he'd be a direct competitor for Siggy and for me we've got more pressing concerns. Like out wide.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Naismith on 20:09 - Jan 12 with 1934 viewsdobjack2

It's a question of balance. A player not getting games at one club may be what another club needs.

Not saying that Gibson is necessarily what we need but JJS must have been 5th choice behind Leon siggy ki and cork before his on field strops and Newcastle think he is what they need.
Naismith on 20:13 - Jan 12 with 1903 viewsAngelRangelQS

Naismith on 20:07 - Jan 12 by Dr_Winston

This.

I like Naismith. Always have. But he'd be a direct competitor for Siggy and for me we've got more pressing concerns. Like out wide.

Where does Naismith mainly play? Genuine question
Naismith on 20:13 - Jan 12 with 1893 viewsNeath_Jack

Naismith on 20:13 - Jan 12 by AngelRangelQS

Goodison Park.

Naismith on 20:14 - Jan 12 with 1883 viewsDr_Winston

Attacking Midfield.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Naismith on 20:19 - Jan 12 with 1841 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

We'll swap him for Montero you watch

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Naismith on 20:21 - Jan 12 with 1820 viewsAngelRangelQS

Naismith on 20:19 - Jan 12 by oh_tommy_tommy

We'll swap him for Montero you watch

Everton are welcome to Montero

I always thought Naismith could play as a striker... Can't see that happening then
Naismith on 20:23 - Jan 12 with 1792 viewsjack247

Naismith on 20:07 - Jan 12 by Dr_Winston

This.

Does seem that the targets we are being linked to seem to be replacements for Shelvey, rather than reinforcements in the areas we really need them. It's only rumours I guess though.
Naismith on 20:24 - Jan 12 with 1778 viewsjack247

The Martin Thomas role.
Naismith on 20:26 - Jan 12 with 1765 viewsdameedna

Naismith Bony De Jong Jdg
Thx
Naismith on 20:32 - Jan 12 with 1725 viewshobo

Naismith on 14:08 - Jan 12 by Brynmill_Jack

Always pops up with goals . It's a yes from me

18 goals in 103 games says otherwise...
Naismith on 20:36 - Jan 12 with 1673 viewsbt95

Nothing to do with being Billy big bollocks.

Gibson is a good player who would improve most squads in the Prem.

He hasn't been a first-choice player for us due to his injuries and the fact that Barry/McCarthy and now Besic have played well there.

I think, since you have what, three senior central midfielders in the squad (Ki, Cork, Britton)? and you play a variation of 4-3-3... that he'd be a good option for you.
Naismith on 20:36 - Jan 12 with 1666 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Naismith on 20:32 - Jan 12 by hobo

18 goals in 103 games says otherwise...

Well ok, important goals then. Always a handful whenever we've played them

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Naismith on 20:38 - Jan 12 with 1644 viewsOldjack

Attacking midfield or a striker

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Naismith on 20:39 - Jan 12 with 1621 viewsbt95

Naismith on 19:51 - Jan 12 by Neath_Jack

No problem with most of that, other than how big a club you think Everton are. Not a chance in hell you're one of the big 4. What are you basing it on?

There is no 'big four' anymore though is there...

For years in the Prem it was Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool.

Now you throw Spurs, City in there as well.

But, and there's several lists of this, in terms of history of honours and scale of fanbase, Everton are the fourth biggest club in English football.

My argument was that fans shouldn't say that Stones etc. will leave to a 'big club' - they are already at a big club. They may well leave to a much richer club, or currently more successful, yes. But not necessarily bigger.
Naismith on 20:42 - Jan 12 with 1607 viewsjack247

Naismith on 20:36 - Jan 12 by Brynmill_Jack

Well ok, important goals then. Always a handful whenever we've played them

He also links play, puts runners through and makes the kind of runs that drag defenders out of position that Ayew would absolutely love to exploit.

Have to agree with others on this thread though, I wouldn't have him in the team ahead of Gylfi and our priorities should be a centre forward and a winger.
Naismith on 20:43 - Jan 12 with 1581 viewsbt95

His best position is as a second-striker - kind of in between a No.10 and No.9.

He's very apt at picking up little pockets of space in and around the area.

However, because of his work rate, Moyes and Martinez seems to have played him more out wide - where he's wasted as he does not have the pace to beat a full-back and he can't cross/or make a killer pass.

Whenever he's played as a second-striker for us, which he did a lot late in 2013/14 and in the early part of last season, he's usually done a good job though, and he's bagged some really important goals.

Personally I wish we'd have used him a lot more in some of the games we dominated without getting the wins back in December. He'd have been our best choice to try and turn some of those draws into wins in the last 15 minutes of games.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024