Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rangel 23:44 - Oct 4 with 4840 viewsnyc_swans

anyone think he's taken back his spot back from Naughton after today? looked leggy towards the end, but offered a threat going forward and linked up nicely in a way that Naughton hasn't in recent weeks.

he's lost a step, but still a very effective player and today was a good reminder of just how much he means.

it wasn't a perfect performance by any means, but he looked up for it and it would be nice to see him given starts more often.
Rangel on 23:47 - Oct 4 with 4831 viewsPozuelosSideys

Naughton will never offer the threat the Angel does going forward. Id still rather him now though even though defensively he is shaky due to his legs. Only thing Naughton has over him is pace.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Rangel on 07:16 - Oct 5 with 4662 viewsjack247

I think the solution here is finding a way of moving Ayew inside. His natural game is to drift off his wing and it is an absolute breath of fresh air to see a right winger getting in the box for Monteros crosses, but it does make it difficult for whoever plays right back.

If Naughton plays, we have very little attacking threat wide right, if Rangel plays, he provides a great outlet, but we are in danger of being exposed down that side. I love Gylfi and don't think he deserves all the criticism he gets, but I wouldn't mind seeing Ayew there and Barrow on the right with either Rangel or Naughton behind him.
Rangel on 08:00 - Oct 5 with 4594 viewsLeonisGod

I've said it before, but I like Rangel and don't think Naughton is an upgrade. Just the fresher legs. Given how little support he had Rangel did well. It was noticeable on several occasions that Fed provided an overlap for him (or first goal came from it). An interesting approach although I'm not sure we want our CBs running the wing. I'd be quite happy to see Ayew moved into the centre.
Rangel on 08:03 - Oct 5 with 4585 viewsjackal

For me , yes.
He gave the ball away a couple of times but put that down to lack of match practise.
It was good to have him back and on form.
Rangel on 08:14 - Oct 5 with 4565 viewsJFSwan

His passing, tactical knowledge and over all reading of the game excels anything Naughton will offer, but pace is critical in this league.

Does miss a traditional winger in front of him though to play neat little one-two's.

Monk seems to be phasing him out slowly, same as Leon when neither have actually showed signs of rapid deterioration.
Rangel on 08:53 - Oct 5 with 4499 viewsperchrockjack

He appears not to be a particularly good replacement for Rangel, a real warrior and top pro.

Which is disapoointing

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Rangel on 09:18 - Oct 5 with 4479 viewsJackSomething

Naughton had a run of games last season before his injury against Hull when he seemed to be really growing into the role. I remember a lovely cross for a goal at the Liberty, but can't remember which game. This season though, he hasn't looked anywhere near as good, partly due to the situation with Ayew others have mentioned.

Rangel is obviously not a long-term solution and we are weaker defensively with him in the side. But we didn't concede from open play yesterday and the attacking threat he offers means I'd like to see him keep his place for Stoke.

Caught a snippet of a pre-match interview with Monk, sure he mentioned Naughton was missing for personal reasons? If so, he'll probably come back in.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Rangel on 10:22 - Oct 5 with 4390 viewsJackanapes

He gave the ball away a couple of times.... per minute.... but put that down to lack of match practise.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Login to get fewer ads

Rangel on 11:45 - Oct 5 with 4288 viewsorion3016

Apart from ayew I thought our two full backs were our best players yesterday
[Post edited 5 Oct 2015 11:45]

Be over there now after

Rangel on 12:10 - Oct 5 with 4236 viewsA_Fans_Dad

One other thing Angel has got is a really great throw in, which has been missing from our game.
Rangel on 12:44 - Oct 5 with 4196 viewsjack247

Rangel on 11:45 - Oct 5 by orion3016

Apart from ayew I thought our two full backs were our best players yesterday
[Post edited 5 Oct 2015 11:45]

Taylor has been great all season for me.
Rangel on 12:47 - Oct 5 with 4186 viewsLandore_Jack

Nathan Dyer plays better with Rangel.
Shame he is out on loan.

#backtojack

Rangel on 12:50 - Oct 5 with 4179 viewsTrundle10

Rangel on 12:47 - Oct 5 by Landore_Jack

Shame he is out on loan.

Still seems an od decision for me. Not convinced by Barrow
Rangel on 12:54 - Oct 5 with 4168 viewsJackanapes

Rangel on 12:47 - Oct 5 by Landore_Jack

Shame he is out on loan.

We can loan Rangel to Leicester.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Rangel on 13:20 - Oct 5 with 4102 viewsTreforys_Jack

Rangel on 08:53 - Oct 5 by perchrockjack

He appears not to be a particularly good replacement for Rangel, a real warrior and top pro.

Which is disapoointing

A real warrior ?
[Post edited 5 Oct 2015 13:21]
Rangel on 13:51 - Oct 5 with 4034 viewsNookiejack

Rangel on 07:16 - Oct 5 by jack247

I think the solution here is finding a way of moving Ayew inside. His natural game is to drift off his wing and it is an absolute breath of fresh air to see a right winger getting in the box for Monteros crosses, but it does make it difficult for whoever plays right back.

If Naughton plays, we have very little attacking threat wide right, if Rangel plays, he provides a great outlet, but we are in danger of being exposed down that side. I love Gylfi and don't think he deserves all the criticism he gets, but I wouldn't mind seeing Ayew there and Barrow on the right with either Rangel or Naughton behind him.

Yes very interesting point about moving Ayew inside and pace of Barrow on right - supported either by Naughton and Rangel.

We then do lose SIggy's work rate defensively so presumably our defensive pressing wouldn't be so good - so maybe then wouldn't get the ball back so easily.

On the other hand the current system doesn't get the most out of SIggy's ability to thread through balls through and create assists - so what have you got to lose bar of Siggy's defensive pressing.

The thing is would Shelvey be better an option in Siggy's current position. I just am not convinced about Shelvey in defensive midfield - he still looks overweight and slow especially coming up against better teams. He does carry an attacking threat though if played further up the field. He is also creative too.

I would prefer Ki and Cork in defensive midfield - with Leon rotating for either of them.
Rangel on 14:57 - Oct 5 with 3978 viewsjasper_T

Jonjo's determination to turn over a new leaf with his fitness and conditioning seemed to last until the first England rumour. Been on the pints in celebration ever since.
Rangel on 15:12 - Oct 5 with 3935 viewsperchrockjack

YEAH, a real warrior ,in football terms of course, one who doesn't sulk when dropped, one who doesn't shirt hard work, one who doesn't whinge ,one who doesn't bottle out, not the greatest but a great pro-- oh and one who has stuck with us, so yeah , for me a real warrior, but not for you then>

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Rangel on 15:23 - Oct 5 with 3936 viewsNookiejack

Rangel on 14:57 - Oct 5 by jasper_T

Jonjo's determination to turn over a new leaf with his fitness and conditioning seemed to last until the first England rumour. Been on the pints in celebration ever since.

The trouble is that Monk has made a thing about turning him around - so now difficult to drop him - as reflects bad then on himself.
Rangel on 15:54 - Oct 5 with 3912 viewsicecoldjack

I thought he played well. I don't think he had as much to deal with against Spurs out wide but we all know the guy is good enough to more often than not hold his own and play well against 80% of prem teams.

Naughton seems to be getting a bit of flack of late but IMO he has done fine since coming in and replacing a fans favourite, he isn't as good going forward as Rangel but Angel has been making those give and go's for years and it;s become a natural part of his game.

It's a good problem to have and i'm really pleased to see Rangel play and maintain his standard, something thats hard to do when not playing regular .
Rangel on 19:49 - Oct 5 with 3693 viewsjojaca

Rangel on 13:51 - Oct 5 by Nookiejack

Yes very interesting point about moving Ayew inside and pace of Barrow on right - supported either by Naughton and Rangel.

We then do lose SIggy's work rate defensively so presumably our defensive pressing wouldn't be so good - so maybe then wouldn't get the ball back so easily.

On the other hand the current system doesn't get the most out of SIggy's ability to thread through balls through and create assists - so what have you got to lose bar of Siggy's defensive pressing.

The thing is would Shelvey be better an option in Siggy's current position. I just am not convinced about Shelvey in defensive midfield - he still looks overweight and slow especially coming up against better teams. He does carry an attacking threat though if played further up the field. He is also creative too.

I would prefer Ki and Cork in defensive midfield - with Leon rotating for either of them.

Exactly how I feel about our midfield. I was crying out for Cork to come on yesterday with about 20/25 minutes left because Spurs were breaking through the middle with ease. The Shelvey/Siguardsson is clearly not working. They are both attacking midfielders and I'm afraid only one should start.

Even when you know, you never know?

Rangel on 20:15 - Oct 5 with 3639 viewsGowerjack

Rangel on 15:12 - Oct 5 by perchrockjack

YEAH, a real warrior ,in football terms of course, one who doesn't sulk when dropped, one who doesn't shirt hard work, one who doesn't whinge ,one who doesn't bottle out, not the greatest but a great pro-- oh and one who has stuck with us, so yeah , for me a real warrior, but not for you then>

Well said

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Rangel on 21:44 - Oct 5 with 3519 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

RANGEL

LEGEND .

Played very well yesterday , shame we don't have a flying right winger to bring out the best in him .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Rangel on 22:37 - Oct 5 with 3449 viewsTreforys_Jack

Rangel on 15:12 - Oct 5 by perchrockjack

You don't remember him sulking when Judas went to Wigan then and promised to take Rangel with him, guess what he got dumped on and yep he whinged and sulked. Great player for us but warrior, ffs have a word with yourself.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024