Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
so, foolham next 11:03 - Sep 20 with 16025 viewsthemodfather

qpr fans face the walk to the cottage....and we are so overdue a win there...recent results have not been good and we need to stem that poor run....at times we have made foolham look good with odd selections, collapses and tantrums ( is adel still waiting for the bus or does he need to top up his oyster??) ....still, another day etc....we can't keep clean sheets and in a derby anything can happen.
the curse of sky to throw in and all....should be 4000 r's there, hopefully making some noise. austin starts up front alone ( we expect) , i just hope the team realise the importance of this game and the defence settles and is solid. don't lose...and maybe nick something?
so, foolham next on 13:31 - Sep 22 with 3117 viewsAgedR

This is that horrible time that I am forced to turn my back on my son and father, as they sit in their comfortable seats in the Hammersmith end (they've even got real ale pumps for goodness).

I will take my twin son amongst the Rs to the Putney end...

Well actually I won't this year as I'm off in Iceland. It's become too difficult as the loyalties between club and family have intensified and I thought it best to escape to an obscure alternative surrounding.

We've had some tough family moments recently with this. Not least when our world fell apart while Adel caught the bus, leaving me to curse my damned maternal grandfather for ever walking me off Uxbridge Rd in the first place.

I do have a soft spot for them. It's a nice club, you can go for a decent beano in Putney, the walk through Bishops Park is pleasant.

But sorry son...they still ain't Rangers
[Post edited 22 Sep 2015 13:33]

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

so, foolham next on 13:45 - Sep 22 with 3080 viewsfrancisbowles

Wish I could go or even watch it on TV but I will be somewhere in the air between here and the far east (work) when they play. I will be home on Monday and taking my seat for the next home game. So give em' an extra cheer for me.

Come on u rrrrrs
so, foolham next on 13:47 - Sep 22 with 3072 viewsKonk

so, foolham next on 13:31 - Sep 22 by AgedR

This is that horrible time that I am forced to turn my back on my son and father, as they sit in their comfortable seats in the Hammersmith end (they've even got real ale pumps for goodness).

I will take my twin son amongst the Rs to the Putney end...

Well actually I won't this year as I'm off in Iceland. It's become too difficult as the loyalties between club and family have intensified and I thought it best to escape to an obscure alternative surrounding.

We've had some tough family moments recently with this. Not least when our world fell apart while Adel caught the bus, leaving me to curse my damned maternal grandfather for ever walking me off Uxbridge Rd in the first place.

I do have a soft spot for them. It's a nice club, you can go for a decent beano in Putney, the walk through Bishops Park is pleasant.

But sorry son...they still ain't Rangers
[Post edited 22 Sep 2015 13:33]

Have you been to Iceland before? If you haven't organised any trips then I'd really recommend this lot: http://www.seasontours.is/ Two lovely, interesting blokes who took us out to see the Golden Cirlce and then the Northern Lights (didn't see a sausage, but had a great laugh). They take 6 or so people out, but fortunately, we had the guides to ourselves on our trips. Not cheap, but money very well spent as it was really interesting chatting to them about day to day life in Iceland. They get brilliant write-ups from everyone.

Nice people, Reykjavik's a cool city, the landscape is bonkers and I became addicted to smoked lamb on flatbread. Have fun and safe travels.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2015 13:48]

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

so, foolham next on 14:19 - Sep 22 with 3020 viewsjamois

so, foolham next on 13:47 - Sep 22 by Konk

Have you been to Iceland before? If you haven't organised any trips then I'd really recommend this lot: http://www.seasontours.is/ Two lovely, interesting blokes who took us out to see the Golden Cirlce and then the Northern Lights (didn't see a sausage, but had a great laugh). They take 6 or so people out, but fortunately, we had the guides to ourselves on our trips. Not cheap, but money very well spent as it was really interesting chatting to them about day to day life in Iceland. They get brilliant write-ups from everyone.

Nice people, Reykjavik's a cool city, the landscape is bonkers and I became addicted to smoked lamb on flatbread. Have fun and safe travels.

and there was I Konk, thinking you'd done a bit of a run-down for us of the game etc, instead it's a travel guide to Iceland! or is this what Northern was after you about?

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

so, foolham next on 15:49 - Sep 22 with 2957 viewsMark1

Kong, what do you reckon re Fridays game,even Stevens or do you think either side has the edge ?

I think that Macormack ,or whatever his name is,is a good player.
so, foolham next on 16:28 - Sep 22 with 2921 viewsOllie23

Didn't manage to get tickets in the away section so considering sitting in the neutral section, which i've never done before.

Bit sceptical of being surrounded by home fans in there though, to anyone who has sat there before for this game, is that an issue or will there be plenty of Rs all over Putney end?
so, foolham next on 16:33 - Sep 22 with 2912 viewsDWQPR

so, foolham next on 16:28 - Sep 22 by Ollie23

Didn't manage to get tickets in the away section so considering sitting in the neutral section, which i've never done before.

Bit sceptical of being surrounded by home fans in there though, to anyone who has sat there before for this game, is that an issue or will there be plenty of Rs all over Putney end?

Will hardly be any Fulham supporters in the neutral bit. Will be mainly Rangers as this is right next to the away section. Can imagine close on 6k Rangers supporters being there Friday night. Few beers by the river and the weather looks good.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

so, foolham next on 18:16 - Sep 22 with 2835 viewsthemodfather

neutral end...well brighton packed it out....don't worry about it, get any ticket you can in there..it'll be 95% qpr anyway
Login to get fewer ads

so, foolham next on 18:29 - Sep 22 with 2815 viewsHayesender

I'd better be careful not to drink too much in Hammersmith beforehand as I've gotta be up at 4.30 for work Saturday.

Or maybe just go into work worse for wear

Poll: Shamima Beghum

so, foolham next on 19:19 - Sep 22 with 2771 viewsGetMeRangers

so, foolham next on 16:28 - Sep 22 by Ollie23

Sat in the neutral last time out there. Not many Fools and certainly not a problem... and I sing... alot!

As others have pointed out. Few tickets sold in P1 and P2, and those that are are closest to the QPR blocks P3-7, so imagine only Rs will be in those seats for this one
so, foolham next on 19:34 - Sep 22 with 2757 viewsMark1

I've been in the neutral bit before and will be on Friday - No probs.
so, foolham next on 23:43 - Sep 22 with 2607 viewsGetMeRangers

so, foolham next on 14:48 - Sep 21 by francisbowles

I know little about the Fulham squad, so are there likely to be many of theirs involved in the cup and then picked against us? Perhaps Konk needs to answer this.

Team tonight was similar to Saturday. O'Hara and Cairney missing, plus keeper change. Subs on Saturday (Wood, Burn and Christensen) started. Both Demebele and Turncliffe who were subbed on Saturday came on in 66th

Tempting too much fate to suggest we might benefit from the extra rest, but you would like to think so
so, foolham next on 07:27 - Sep 23 with 2534 viewsAgedR

so, foolham next on 13:47 - Sep 22 by Konk

Thanks Konk, you're a gent, I'll take a look at that.

Mrs Aged has mud baths, white water rafting and horse riding planned. Personally, I may or may not have preferred some nice local food and spirit and a key to the chastity belt for 20 minutes.

It does sound fascinating though. I've not been before, but, really looking forward to it.

Oh, and play well on Friday and we can have a hug when it's over regardless of the result

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

so, foolham next on 07:38 - Sep 23 with 2526 viewsLblock

I'm amazed a Tarquin Fan would be seen dead in Iceland

More your Waitrose aint they?

Maybe it was that nagging lust to be dirty and chavtastic with Kerry Katonia or seeking out Peter Andre for some jolly japes.

looking forward to this one. We'll lose but looking forward to it none the less

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

so, foolham next on 07:59 - Sep 23 with 2505 viewsKonk

so, foolham next on 07:27 - Sep 23 by AgedR

Thanks Konk, you're a gent, I'll take a look at that.

Mrs Aged has mud baths, white water rafting and horse riding planned. Personally, I may or may not have preferred some nice local food and spirit and a key to the chastity belt for 20 minutes.

It does sound fascinating though. I've not been before, but, really looking forward to it.

Oh, and play well on Friday and we can have a hug when it's over regardless of the result

We were there in the middle of winter and it was bloody freezing — the wind was something else. It’s a really interesting place — we loved it. We did the Blue lagoon with a coach from Reykjavik and that’s well worth a visit — the whole place is pretty surreal.

Do have a look at Seasons tours if you don’t have anything fixed booked-up. I can’t remember what we paid, but it was a brilliant insight to Iceland with two lovely blokes, and much more flexible than doing larger excursions. Saw lots of little bits and pieces that we’d have missed otherwise. I thought it might be a bit awkward us being sat in a van all day with some random stranger, but both trips were a really good laugh.

Have a smoked lamb flatbread sarnie for me, but give the fermented whale a swerve!

so, foolham next on 08:19 - Sep 23 with 2299 viewsKonk

Modfather — again, Brighton had 2-300 in the mixed section of the Putney — they didn’t “pack out” the Neutral section!

Paul Parker — why have you gone in the Hammersmith when you could have chosen from 2,000 odd seats in the Putney?!

To anyone who hasn’t sat in the mixed section in the Putney before, it will mainly be Rangers and the Fulham in there will be good as gold. We haven’t had any trouble in there since we started with the non-segregation — not even with CSKA, Wisla and Roma fans. People seem to behave themselves when given the chance — it’s quite life-affirming! I’ve sat in there a few times as there’s never been a hint of bother. All very civilised.

My prediction: 2-1 to either side. Probably you.

By having the game on General sale, we’ve effectively given you a 6,000 allocation, which I’m fine with in principle — why exclude fans who want to go when you have empty seats? — but I’ll be pis sed off if as expected we only get the top tier at your place. Fair enough at Brentford as it’s the whole end, but at yours I think you should reciprocate. We give away home advantage by giving you and Brentford 6,000 tickets, and that equates to over 20% of our capacity.

so, foolham next on 09:08 - Sep 23 with 2248 viewsWokingR

Is anyone going to drive to this game and, if so, do you have any recommendations about where to park ?
Getting there from Brookwood looks a real ballache
so, foolham next on 09:11 - Sep 23 with 2244 viewsDevonWhite

Not even Chelsea got both tiers last season. We haven't given the lower tier to away fans for a few seasons now. 1,900 in the upper tier is more than 10% of the ground so no need to give more than that.

Having said that, given the low attendances this season it would probably make more sense giving both tiers to the away team when needed...
so, foolham next on 09:23 - Sep 23 with 2228 viewsKonk

Better atmosphere with more away fans in and if you're a couple of thousand below capacity with your average, it would be a nice touch given that we've allowed you 6,000-odd. Not suggesting you do it every week, but for our derby it would be appreciated.

so, foolham next on 09:42 - Sep 23 with 2193 viewsNW5Hoop

so, foolham next on 09:08 - Sep 23 by WokingR

Is anyone going to drive to this game and, if so, do you have any recommendations about where to park ?
Getting there from Brookwood looks a real ballache

I usually park at the south end of Hammersmith Grove. No restrictions after 6.30, plenty of space, 15 mins walk from the ground. Easy to get on to the main roads from there.
so, foolham next on 09:58 - Sep 23 with 2179 viewspaulparker

so, foolham next on 08:19 - Sep 23 by Konk

Modfather — again, Brighton had 2-300 in the mixed section of the Putney — they didn’t “pack out” the Neutral section!

Paul Parker — why have you gone in the Hammersmith when you could have chosen from 2,000 odd seats in the Putney?!

To anyone who hasn’t sat in the mixed section in the Putney before, it will mainly be Rangers and the Fulham in there will be good as gold. We haven’t had any trouble in there since we started with the non-segregation — not even with CSKA, Wisla and Roma fans. People seem to behave themselves when given the chance — it’s quite life-affirming! I’ve sat in there a few times as there’s never been a hint of bother. All very civilised.

My prediction: 2-1 to either side. Probably you.

By having the game on General sale, we’ve effectively given you a 6,000 allocation, which I’m fine with in principle — why exclude fans who want to go when you have empty seats? — but I’ll be pis sed off if as expected we only get the top tier at your place. Fair enough at Brentford as it’s the whole end, but at yours I think you should reciprocate. We give away home advantage by giving you and Brentford 6,000 tickets, and that equates to over 20% of our capacity.

Im meeting my mate who i worked with a few years ago he has 2 brothers 1 QPR the other is Fulham , the old man is Fulham and both are Fulham season ticket holders
TBH i never thought we would get the 6k allocation and when asked if i wanted a ticket a few weeks back i said yes , my reasoning was catch up with my mate have a few beers with his family and then off out later as its on a friday night , im now at the age Konk where the Pre match and Post match drink up mean more to me than the football
Mind you this was before i was posted to Bristol which means a mad dash to get to the game putting post pre match drink up to the Wire

Done Fulham a few times now in 1999,&2000 , both of which in the home ends also done Hayes in the cup 91 (also friday night) , and been to a couple of Fulham vs Sunderland games
never had a problem and not expecting one either , i dont mind going to Fulham as it happens
we are lucky that QPR, Fulham, Brentford are good places to go if your an away fan as the choice of pubs is great and the transport is easy to get in & out of ,
as for the result im expecting us to lose we dont have a good record at yours and can see a 0-2 defeat

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

so, foolham next on 10:06 - Sep 23 with 2170 viewsKonk

so, foolham next on 09:58 - Sep 23 by paulparker

Im meeting my mate who i worked with a few years ago he has 2 brothers 1 QPR the other is Fulham , the old man is Fulham and both are Fulham season ticket holders
TBH i never thought we would get the 6k allocation and when asked if i wanted a ticket a few weeks back i said yes , my reasoning was catch up with my mate have a few beers with his family and then off out later as its on a friday night , im now at the age Konk where the Pre match and Post match drink up mean more to me than the football
Mind you this was before i was posted to Bristol which means a mad dash to get to the game putting post pre match drink up to the Wire

Done Fulham a few times now in 1999,&2000 , both of which in the home ends also done Hayes in the cup 91 (also friday night) , and been to a couple of Fulham vs Sunderland games
never had a problem and not expecting one either , i dont mind going to Fulham as it happens
we are lucky that QPR, Fulham, Brentford are good places to go if your an away fan as the choice of pubs is great and the transport is easy to get in & out of ,
as for the result im expecting us to lose we dont have a good record at yours and can see a 0-2 defeat

Fair enough, mate. I’ve done home ends a few times at away games, and will probably look to do that at your place this year if we only get the top tier. One of the good things about Fulham is unless you’re being a complete k nob and looking for it, there’s very little chance of you getting any bother as an away fan. I hope you have a decent run back to town — I can’t do football entirely sober!

PS. If you mention Hayes again, I’m gonna put you on ignore!

so, foolham next on 10:09 - Sep 23 with 2164 viewsDiscodroids

Whenever i think of Fulham i always think of Malcolm Mcdonald and that great side they had in the early eighties with robert wilson, ray lewington, roger brown, tony gale, ray houghton,gordan davies and all that crew. Theo foley on Dominic Allens LBC saturday afternoon football show always tipped them to win every week.

Always Make me sad to see how supermac ended up.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2015 10:10]

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

so, foolham next on 10:16 - Sep 23 with 2151 viewspaulparker

so, foolham next on 10:06 - Sep 23 by Konk

Fair enough, mate. I’ve done home ends a few times at away games, and will probably look to do that at your place this year if we only get the top tier. One of the good things about Fulham is unless you’re being a complete k nob and looking for it, there’s very little chance of you getting any bother as an away fan. I hope you have a decent run back to town — I can’t do football entirely sober!

PS. If you mention Hayes again, I’m gonna put you on ignore!

Cheers mate

Leaving at 2.30/3 pm but have made gestures to my boss that i have a cold so he may let me leave a bit earlier so im praying the M4 is clear , dropping the motor in Ruislip then off to Hammersmith ,

like you ive done a few home ends without bother , Arsenal, Spurs , Brentford,Sunderland, Palace just to name a few

as ive said earlier mate , i dont really mind Fulham its a good ground with a bit of character (something you dont get anymore) , its a local derby , good pubs , plus the hardcore fulham fans ive ever known are ok, they know there football having spent a few good years in the 4th Division

Ps sorry about Hayes , i couldnt resist it

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

so, foolham next on 10:26 - Sep 23 with 2141 viewsKonk

so, foolham next on 10:16 - Sep 23 by paulparker

Cheers mate

Leaving at 2.30/3 pm but have made gestures to my boss that i have a cold so he may let me leave a bit earlier so im praying the M4 is clear , dropping the motor in Ruislip then off to Hammersmith ,

like you ive done a few home ends without bother , Arsenal, Spurs , Brentford,Sunderland, Palace just to name a few

as ive said earlier mate , i dont really mind Fulham its a good ground with a bit of character (something you dont get anymore) , its a local derby , good pubs , plus the hardcore fulham fans ive ever known are ok, they know there football having spent a few good years in the 4th Division

Ps sorry about Hayes , i couldnt resist it

And we've only ever spent 3 seasons in the bottom division! Although one of those was my joint favourite season, so I don't mind being reminded of that.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024