Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Smithies 23:45 - Sep 16 with 6996 viewsAgedR

Won't be a common view I appreciate, but, contrary to all logical evidence to date, I quite like him.

His distribution is first class and he made a couple of excellent saves (granted one was from an offside position).

He did make a misjudgement for the first goal, but, on another day (and another ref) he might have got away with it.

After the goal he did look nervy, but, I was impressed with the fact that he did keep coming for crosses.

As I said, I like him and I actually think it's a tough call who to play next week. Probably Greeno, but, Smithies is a good longer term prospect.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Smithies on 18:07 - Sep 17 with 804 viewsPunteR

Smithies on 17:15 - Sep 17 by Jamie

The very same, now conceded 6 goals in 5 games despite playing Arsenal, Chelsea & City..

And he was happy to stay and play, but we couldn't move on Green, so he had to go.

That Green is an awkward so and so isn't he.
On the plus side if we didn't get rid of McCarthy than wouldn't have Smithies.
Every cloud...
I still think Green should be No1 this season but hey ho..

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Smithies on 18:18 - Sep 17 with 794 viewsdannyblue

From R block I too thought it was a foul.

But he is quite short, certainly not imposing. Really felt that when he came on for the penalty on Saturday - the goal looked huge around him.

Nobody's mentioned the second goal. I think he could have done better with that. Rhodes was almost in the goal area when he finished it. After Rhodes's second touch, Smithies had a chance to come out and smother it at his feet, or certainly have a better chance of stopping it than staying on his line.

Besides all this, this is a long term signing and we need to back him. At huddersfield, as a local lad they treated him like a hero from day one. This is his first move - he hasn't had the experience of winning the fans over before. If we get on his back it won't help at all.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024