Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match off 15:18 - Jan 19 with 12260 viewsoddjob007

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/rochdale-match-postponed-2214056.as

No great surprise!

Gives us more time to prepare for Stoke!
[Post edited 19 Jan 2015 15:19]
Match off on 10:18 - Jan 20 with 2652 viewswindowsbug

Match off on 10:06 - Jan 20 by Biffo_Boy

I just think it's poor you can't take a decent following 6 miles down the road. Some of the excuses on here are laughable. Your club is enjoying arguably the best period in its history and you're all coming up with excuses why you can't travel 6 miles.

I went everywhere during our spell in the top flight as I knew it would never happen again and I wanted to make the most of it, it didn't matter if we had a cup game on a Saturday, or it was £1 more to get in than other clubs.

Give your heads a wobble and support your team.

Glory hunter then?
I'll tell you why I wasnt going. I happend to buy two tickets to see a band I have never seen.
The said tickets were purchased several months ago, and if you think I'm going to waste 90 beer tokens to miss it, and then give you lot even more of my cash, your very mistaken my biffo buddy.
Match off on 10:45 - Jan 20 with 2594 viewsToffeemanc

Match off on 19:21 - Jan 19 by Biffo_Boy

Plenty of time for you lot to save up now so you bring more than 500

I suspect this has more to do with the real reason the game has been postponed than the current weather conditions.
At the beginning of the season it would have been marked as one our their biggest attendances of the season and a good game to generate income from. Since then for different reasons it looks like a smaller attendance and less income is far more likely.

Making it all ticket always put off some fans as they have to make arrangements to get their tickets in advance and aren't always able to do so. The cost of the tickets would also be a factor for some fans. £4 a ticket more than Dale for the same view you would have from the Pearl Street stand at home games.

Once we progressed to the 3rd round of the FA cup and the game had to be re-arranged for a Tuesday night a negative impact on attendance was obvious as mid-week games always see a drop in attendance as people can't attend due to work commitments etc.

The game is then changed to pay on the day, this presumably after contacting our ticket office to find out only a few hundred tickets had been sold. They would then have realised a smaller crowd was on the cards and a drop in the anticipated revenue was a certainty. Factor in the current weather conditions and many fans would have been making the decision on the night if they were going to attend.

With all this together its a safe bet that Oldham couldn't wait to get the game called off in the hope of generating more income when the game will eventually be played most likely to be sometime in March.

Also like how there is no mention of the pitch in the reason for postponing the game. Are we to assume it is actually playable? If it is then they have 30 hours to address the situation with the "surrounding areas" before calling off the game. Unless the pitch is actually frozen then to call a game off where travelling for the opponents isn't an issue some 30 hours before kick-off on the basis of a weather forecast is frankly laughable.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Match off on 11:25 - Jan 20 with 2508 viewsTVOS1907

Match off on 09:38 - Jan 20 by Biffo_Boy

We brought 90% of our support to Spotland.

Aye, you did. Thanks for swelling our coffers, especially those Neanderthals who paid to get in and didn't see the whole game.

How come that 90% didn't bother at Boundary Park the week after?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match off on 12:07 - Jan 20 with 2431 viewsoa85

Match off on 09:59 - Jan 20 by tazzydjr

They are gonna look well foolish tonight as no heavy snow is due over that neck of the woods it looks like it called off because we're probably their biggest pay day
[Post edited 20 Jan 2015 10:00]

hahaha give us a break. Preston, Bradford, Sheff United will all bring more than you.
Match off on 12:12 - Jan 20 with 2418 viewsTVOS1907

Match off on 12:07 - Jan 20 by oa85

hahaha give us a break. Preston, Bradford, Sheff United will all bring more than you.

You mean teams with 5 figure support?

Not much gets past you lot, does it?

Match off on 12:15 - Jan 20 with 2412 viewstazzydjr

That awkward moment the ex-premiership side fail to deliver

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Match off on 12:27 - Jan 20 with 2363 viewsaleanddale

Nope they just don't get it at all!!
Match off on 12:34 - Jan 20 with 2340 viewsdale18

I just think it's poor you can't take a decent following 6 miles down the road. Some of the excuses on here are laughable. Your club is enjoying arguably the best period in its history and you're all coming up with excuses why you can't travel 6 miles.

I went everywhere during our spell in the top flight as I knew it would never happen again and I wanted to make the most of it, it didn't matter if we had a cup game on a Saturday, or it was £1 more to get in than other clubs.

We took 2,000 to Bury last year in March, it was on a Friday night and it was live on Sky. That's about 6 miles down the road.
Login to get fewer ads

Match off on 13:26 - Jan 20 with 2238 viewsColDale

I think its poor that you lose 7-0 in a fixture, can't get home games on at over 24 hrs notice, are happy to entertain the idea of signing Ched Evans, start a stand that you seemingly can't afford to finish and still below little old Rochdale with their less than massive away followings in the table. Don't think I've posted on your forum to tell you lot tho. But not of that matters because its all about away followings.
Match off on 15:04 - Jan 20 with 2121 viewsbennersdale

Don't forget they are short on players at the moment, can't fill a sub's bench plus no forte? Was a great time to kick there arises, we will just have to wait to deflate their rather large egos they try to hold over us.

Hasta el valle abajo de la cerveza

Match off on 16:45 - Jan 20 with 2004 viewsShun

Match off on 12:15 - Jan 20 by tazzydjr

That awkward moment the ex-premiership side fail to deliver

What are you blabbering on about? It looks to me like that chart is saying it'll be 0 degrees for most of the day, i.e. The temperature water freezes at, i.e. The temperature that will make all the white stuff on the pavements all around Oldham's ground solid and slippy and, in Health & Safety culture at least, dangerous.
Match off on 16:49 - Jan 20 with 1988 views1907

Match off on 16:45 - Jan 20 by Shun

What are you blabbering on about? It looks to me like that chart is saying it'll be 0 degrees for most of the day, i.e. The temperature water freezes at, i.e. The temperature that will make all the white stuff on the pavements all around Oldham's ground solid and slippy and, in Health & Safety culture at least, dangerous.

Whilst not denying the temperatures we have seen today, I ventured to Oldham this morning and all the paths and roads around the ground looked somewhat normal to me. Again I am not disputing the temperatures and the all probability that the pitch is frozen, however the original reason to postpone the game 24 hours before seems very unusual.
Match off on 17:04 - Jan 20 with 1935 viewsR17ALE

"I just think it's poor you can't take a decent following 6 miles down the road"

Eh? We haven't even played the game yet! Why don't you wait until the day after and then come on here willy waving about away followings?

And I still can't get my head round your obsession in our numbers. Seriously, why is it of so much interest to you?

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Match off on 17:23 - Jan 20 with 1892 viewsbennersdale

Match off on 17:04 - Jan 20 by R17ALE

"I just think it's poor you can't take a decent following 6 miles down the road"

Eh? We haven't even played the game yet! Why don't you wait until the day after and then come on here willy waving about away followings?

And I still can't get my head round your obsession in our numbers. Seriously, why is it of so much interest to you?

That's all they've got to try and belittle us razzle.

Hasta el valle abajo de la cerveza

Match off on 18:46 - Jan 20 with 1801 viewsDomDale

All irrelevant now of course but I've just driven in the vicinity of BP. It's 3 degrees and there's no snow on the ground, or falling out of the sky. There's no Ice on the ground. The decision to PP was a tad premature wasn't it? Frost covers and a bag of grit salt would have solved any woes.
I've now got a night in and fook all to do you bastards.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Match off on 20:15 - Jan 20 with 1718 viewsAtThePeake

Are you suggesting that Rochdale playing Oldham is the equivalent of Oldham playing the likes of Man Utd and Liverpool in the league?

I find the away attendance fascination quite odd. Particularly as they beat us 3-0 a few weeks ago and none of them seem to have hardly mentioned it - it's like that doesn't matter, what matters is that there was a few hundred more of their fans at Spotland than there will be our fans at BP.

I never thought I'd say this but I miss Bury fans. Not counting the ones that are still knocking about here and clinging onto our coattails.

Tangled up in blue.

Match off on 20:27 - Jan 20 with 1686 viewsKenBoon

Oldham took 90% of their support to Spotland?
Oh so the morons who turned up to cause nothing but problems regularly frequent Bound.. Sports whatever it is Stadium? Utter rubbish. A large portion of deadbeats attached itself to your support for a DAY of BANTER and just outright violence. They might turn up for the return fixture at the village with three stands, but no other matches.
Match off on 02:09 - Jan 21 with 1517 viewsoafc_ryan

Match off on 21:19 - Jan 19 by TVOS1907

And before this season, only 1800 of your lot travelled to Spotland last time it was a Saturday.

As Tazzy would write, #justsaying

Are you referring to the 3-2? If so, there's no way that away end was only half full. The only empty seats were around half a block at the Pearl Street side and slightly more at the Sandy Lane side of the away stand. Definitely 2,500+.
Match off on 07:10 - Jan 21 with 1464 viewsaleanddale

Match off on 02:09 - Jan 21 by oafc_ryan

Are you referring to the 3-2? If so, there's no way that away end was only half full. The only empty seats were around half a block at the Pearl Street side and slightly more at the Sandy Lane side of the away stand. Definitely 2,500+.

Ryan Oldham are the model all football clubs should follow you are amazing in every way but your away support is something else.

Your new stand will be wonderful and no doubt sold our every week.

Old hams brand of football most of league one and probably the championship would struggle to cope with.

Promotion this year is nailed on probably followed by another to the premiership next year.

Is that enough for you?

Now fook off.

#lg1stillbelowdale
Match off on 07:21 - Jan 21 with 1455 viewsDaley_Lama

Match off on 11:25 - Jan 20 by TVOS1907

Aye, you did. Thanks for swelling our coffers, especially those Neanderthals who paid to get in and didn't see the whole game.

How come that 90% didn't bother at Boundary Park the week after?

90% of 70,000 is 63,000, we must be minted.

Dale consistently year on year have a high ranking in terms of away % following compared to home following.

From recollection Oldham often top these charts, so well done to them, pat on the back, have a biscuit.

Poll: DF in or out

Match off on 08:46 - Jan 21 with 1415 viewsoafc_ryan

Match off on 07:10 - Jan 21 by aleanddale

Ryan Oldham are the model all football clubs should follow you are amazing in every way but your away support is something else.

Your new stand will be wonderful and no doubt sold our every week.

Old hams brand of football most of league one and probably the championship would struggle to cope with.

Promotion this year is nailed on probably followed by another to the premiership next year.

Is that enough for you?

Now fook off.

#lg1stillbelowdale

Match off on 09:11 - Jan 21 with 1381 views442Dale

If TVOS says the figure was 1800 odd, then it was. You really don't want to start doubting what the announced away following was.

BECAUSE I'LL ONLY HAVE TO START GIVING THE EXPLAINATION ABOUT ROWS LOOKING FULL WHEN THEY'RE NOT. AGAIN.

But it's nice you care so much. There's this Bury fan you should meet.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match off on 09:24 - Jan 21 with 1364 viewsDomDale

Match off on 09:11 - Jan 21 by 442Dale

If TVOS says the figure was 1800 odd, then it was. You really don't want to start doubting what the announced away following was.

BECAUSE I'LL ONLY HAVE TO START GIVING THE EXPLAINATION ABOUT ROWS LOOKING FULL WHEN THEY'RE NOT. AGAIN.

But it's nice you care so much. There's this Bury fan you should meet.

Are you Bradford in disguise?

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Match off on 09:52 - Jan 21 with 1321 viewsTVOS1907

Actually, my apologies, I was guessing at 1800. It was actually 1957. Apologies for being out by 8%.

You must have a fantastic memory if you can remember the exact make-up of the away end from a game three years ago, especially as you were most likely sat in that stand, thereby making it impossible to see it in its entirety.

You should have brought more fans as that clearly had a bearing on the result that day.

Match off on 09:53 - Jan 21 with 1318 viewsTVOS1907

Match off on 13:26 - Jan 20 by ColDale

I think its poor that you lose 7-0 in a fixture, can't get home games on at over 24 hrs notice, are happy to entertain the idea of signing Ched Evans, start a stand that you seemingly can't afford to finish and still below little old Rochdale with their less than massive away followings in the table. Don't think I've posted on your forum to tell you lot tho. But not of that matters because its all about away followings.

Col, you missed out losing 4-0 at home to Yeovil, the division's bottom club.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024