Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
An American view of Garry 12:51 - Nov 14 with 1660 viewsDewi1jack

http://thinkfootball.co.uk/how-has-gary-monk-improved-swansea-since-taking-over/

I still find it amazing that we make news around the World.
From where we were, even 7 or 8 years ago, where it would take people with an excellent knowledge of football, to many forms of media and fans knowing about us and even falling in love with the club.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

An American view of Garry on 13:08 - Nov 14 with 1612 viewssomersetsimon

It's certainly good to see the extra coverage, but I don't think the analysis of this year's form is particularly accurate.
An American view of Garry on 13:16 - Nov 14 with 1581 viewsWhiterockin

Then followed two losses to undefeated Chelsea and the high-flying Southampton Saints. There’s no shame in either of those but a nil-nil draw to Sunderland is indicative of the weaknesses the club has. Next was a 2-2 draw against a Newcastle side finding its form and a loss to Stoke at Britannia. Stoke have a fierce reputation at home, it should be said. Then came a win over little Leicester and finally a 0-0 draw against former teammate Roberto Martinez’s Everton. This is actually a lackluster performance rather than a season-ending 5th place performance.

Total crap by somebody who does not know the circumstances surrounding some of those results.
An American view of Garry on 13:45 - Nov 14 with 1505 viewsRogueTrooper

According to that, Brendan taught Roberto everything he knows.

Well researched there that man

"If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon. You will be a minister of death praying for war. But until that day you are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human furcking beings! You are nothing but unorganized, grabastic pieces of amphibian sh1t! Because I am hard, you will not like me. But the more you hate me the more you will learn."

An American view of Garry on 13:46 - Nov 14 with 1505 viewsPegojack

Interesting the author thinks Martinez' management style is a legacy of his time under Brendan Rogers (LOL)

And cut out that attack, attack, attack, Garry, you're leaving us exposed at the back. Oh, wait a minute, we've got the second lowest 'goals against' total in the Premier League....

What a totally crap article by a clueless Yank (I imagine Dav is blushing reading it). At least try and research some of your basic facts before penning your next serving of dross, good boy.

Oh yeah, and we got to 18 points by, most recently, beating Arsenal. Forgot that, did you?
[Post edited 14 Nov 2014 13:50]
An American view of Garry on 14:11 - Nov 14 with 1449 viewsCTB184

It's great for the club to be known on a global scale but it's a terrible article full of strange and incorrect statements.

"Then followed two losses to undefeated Chelsea and the high-flying Southampton Saints. There’s no shame in either of those but a nil-nil draw to Sunderland is indicative of the weaknesses the club has"... So did we lose or draw? 1-0 is not exactly a bad loss. 3-0 or 4-0 on the other hand...

"...emphasizes attacking play at the expense of a tight midfield. This leaves them vulnerable in the back."... We have a good goal difference and one of the best defensive records in the league so far.

You can tell it was written by an American... Referring to Southampton as Southampton Saints. I guess we're the Swansea Swans then?

Poll: Which two players do currently believe are the best Centre Midfield pairing?

An American view of Garry on 14:13 - Nov 14 with 1441 viewsmonmouth

LMAO. Little Leicester.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

An American view of Garry on 14:25 - Nov 14 with 1415 viewsPegojack

"Come on Wilfried Bony,
shoot the ball into the goal net for Swansea.....!"

God save us from Americans (specially investors).
An American view of Garry on 15:43 - Nov 14 with 1317 viewsDewi1jack

Never said it was a well written or researched article.
Just amazed (still) everyone and their pup wants to write about us, even if they're wrong in their facts. Although some comments are really funny.
Struggle to find anything not taking the p1ss as far as our Malaysian Redtit cousins are concerned

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Login to get fewer ads

An American view of Garry on 15:56 - Nov 14 with 1282 viewsDavillin

An American view of Garry on 14:25 - Nov 14 by Pegojack

"Come on Wilfried Bony,
shoot the ball into the goal net for Swansea.....!"

God save us from Americans (specially investors).

The one thing I admire about British football writers is that they are always such careful researchers, so unbiased, and so amazingly accurate in everything they right.

I'm envious.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

An American view of Garry on 16:07 - Nov 14 with 1267 viewsunion_jack

An American view of Garry on 15:56 - Nov 14 by Davillin

The one thing I admire about British football writers is that they are always such careful researchers, so unbiased, and so amazingly accurate in everything they right.

I'm envious.

Yeah, write!!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

An American view of Garry on 17:00 - Nov 14 with 1156 viewsDafyddHuw

An American view of Garry on 16:07 - Nov 14 by union_jack

Yeah, write!!

good comeback.
An American view of Garry on 17:01 - Nov 14 with 1152 viewsDafyddHuw

An American view of Garry on 16:07 - Nov 14 by union_jack

Yeah, write!!

good comeback
An American view of Garry on 18:03 - Nov 14 with 1048 viewsmorningstar

My personal favourite was "The Swans beat Manchester United in the opener but United are so struggling for form amidst the myriad of changes that a win at Old Trafford is hardly news anymore."

Ok, theyve had better days, but we tore up the script that day, and we're the only team to win there this season!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024