Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How do they keep doing it? 15:01 - May 28 with 2376 viewsdcd14

They continue to spend time after time despite huge amounts of debt, how is this still possible?

Since they've been relegated they have signed 4 players, all no doubt on relatively good wages and although 3 were free transfers, the 4th no doubt cost a considerable sum.

I do have to admit whilst I like the demise of our 'one season' rivals, I think they are showing quite some intent on a quick return and getting their signings in nice and early is something I hope we follow.
How do they keep doing it? on 15:04 - May 28 with 2362 viewsCatullus

How? well Tan keeps spending and adding it onto the total debt plus 7% interest is how.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

How do they keep doing it? on 15:05 - May 28 with 2359 viewspencoedjack

With the exception of the Spanish boy I wouldn't be to concerned.

Ole will find it tough to get them out of the championship.

Caulker Marshall & the fat bloke from Chile will soon find pastures new.
How do they keep doing it? on 15:08 - May 28 with 2336 viewsdcd14

How do they keep doing it? on 15:05 - May 28 by pencoedjack

With the exception of the Spanish boy I wouldn't be to concerned.

Ole will find it tough to get them out of the championship.

Caulker Marshall & the fat bloke from Chile will soon find pastures new.

Not concerned tbh just find it quite fascinating.

I agree that Ole may well turn out to be the weak link as the team should have enough quality to do well in that league.
How do they keep doing it? on 15:14 - May 28 with 2314 viewspencoedjack

How do they keep doing it? on 15:08 - May 28 by dcd14

Not concerned tbh just find it quite fascinating.

I agree that Ole may well turn out to be the weak link as the team should have enough quality to do well in that league.

You surprise me .... I think missing Caulker & Marshall they will be a mid table team.

Have you seen Macheda's stats prior to last season .... awful.
How do they keep doing it? on 15:36 - May 28 with 2236 viewsRogueTrooper

Buying Man U's cast offs seems to be a prevailing factor here. Expect Eric Djemba Djemba to turn up at Legoland soon

"If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon. You will be a minister of death praying for war. But until that day you are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human furcking beings! You are nothing but unorganized, grabastic pieces of amphibian sh1t! Because I am hard, you will not like me. But the more you hate me the more you will learn."

How do they keep doing it? on 16:33 - May 28 with 2098 viewsairedale

What interests me though is how the owner thinks. He's not interested in Cardiff or football, its just a business proposition. So, from a business point of view the Championship is a non event with the exception of the parachute payments, which are in themselves no big deal if you've got large overheads.

So where's he coming from, and long will he give it trying to get back into the PL? And what's going to happen to the club if they fail to get promoted before he cuts his losses and scarpers?

If I was a Cardiff supporter I wouldn't be very happy at the moment.
How do they keep doing it? on 16:53 - May 28 with 2036 viewsjohnlangy

It doesn't concern me much.

This close season we will be shopping in the football equivalent of Harrods with a personal shopper in tow while they are wandering around Nisa with a crappy plastic carrier bag (I was going to say Lidl's but they're not bad these days).

How do they keep doing it? on 16:56 - May 28 with 2031 viewsairedale

How do they keep doing it? on 16:53 - May 28 by johnlangy

It doesn't concern me much.

This close season we will be shopping in the football equivalent of Harrods with a personal shopper in tow while they are wandering around Nisa with a crappy plastic carrier bag (I was going to say Lidl's but they're not bad these days).

Nisa is owned locally by Chris Kiley isn't it? His brother John was at the League Cup final.

Oh and btw, I was in one down west recently (St David's?) and was well impressed with the wine range and its pricing. I'm off down the leafy lane though now aren't I......
[Post edited 28 May 2014 16:59]
Login to get fewer ads

How do they keep doing it? on 22:37 - May 28 with 1716 viewsHighjack

The question should be "How do we keep doing it"? They are simply doing what most other football clubs do. It must eat them up inside watching the debt build and build and the money pour into player failures when we are posting record profits every year at a higher level.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

How do they keep doing it? on 22:59 - May 28 with 1660 viewsreddythered

The fourth no doubt cost a considerable sum?

Guerra, Macheda definitely frees. Le Fondre I'd say was probably less than 1m - Reading are cash strapped I believe, HMRC after them for 2.5m. No idea how much Burgerstall cost, wouldn't have assumed it would be a massive fee.

The pattern in the transfers from January has been to a degree, quantity at lowish fees all with the potential to generate profits via selling further down the line.

Completely different to Mackay's approach and one I far prefer.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

How do they keep doing it? on 23:05 - May 28 with 1651 viewsJJJack

How do they keep doing it? on 22:59 - May 28 by reddythered

Guerra, Macheda definitely frees. Le Fondre I'd say was probably less than 1m - Reading are cash strapped I believe, HMRC after them for 2.5m. No idea how much Burgerstall cost, wouldn't have assumed it would be a massive fee.

The pattern in the transfers from January has been to a degree, quantity at lowish fees all with the potential to generate profits via selling further down the line.

It's surprising how quickly you've reacted in terms of buying these players. Almost as if the powers that be at your club were well aware you would be playing in the Championship next season.................................
How do they keep doing it? on 23:07 - May 28 with 1644 viewsHighjack

They may very well be cheap fee wise, but how much of a whack are they on every week compared to other players in the diddy leagues?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

How do they keep doing it? on 09:20 - May 29 with 1425 views1jack

How do they keep doing it? on 16:56 - May 28 by airedale

Nisa is owned locally by Chris Kiley isn't it? His brother John was at the League Cup final.

Oh and btw, I was in one down west recently (St David's?) and was well impressed with the wine range and its pricing. I'm off down the leafy lane though now aren't I......
[Post edited 28 May 2014 16:59]

Nisa are a buying group you buy in to to try and keep smaller Independent stores competitive with the big boys, Kiley has just bought in to that. The down side is you have to buy a set amount from them which includes some crap lines, therefore you have to charge more for good sellers to make up for the fact that the crap lines will not sell and that negates the idea of keeping competitive.
How do they keep doing it? on 09:31 - May 29 with 1378 viewsdcd14

Le Fondre will be closer to £3M.
How do they keep doing it? on 09:42 - May 29 with 1339 viewsNOTRAC

One of the oddities of very successful business men ,is that they never think they are wrong.Tan obviously has an overall plan at Cardiff which is to make it into a football club that will be so successful that it will be talked about all over the world, and which will take him on a fantastic ego trip before he sells it at a fantastic profit.
He has already decided that the disappointment of their first season in the Premiership was due entirely to the disloyalty of the previous manager and his assistant.
He has previously won the Championship by a wide margin, and clearly expects to do so again without too much trouble.
He is therefore prepared to spend as much as it takes to achieve promotion, from where he believes he will begin to achieve his aim second time around through experience.
He will continue with his ambitions and spending until either he is stopped by his family,who already disagree with his involvement,or by underachievement which will then be blamed on the management ,fans or players.
Retribution will then be swift and savage ,as the blame will be on everyone but himself.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

How do they keep doing it? on 09:51 - May 29 with 1307 viewsperchrockjack

I think people get the impression buying players is like going into Morrisons and paying cash for goods

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

How do they keep doing it? on 09:52 - May 29 with 1303 viewsairedale

Yep I agree with that. What I find mind boggling is the apparent naiveté of a hard nosed businessman buying in, at a huge cost, into an industry he knows nothing about. How will they do next season? well, how long is a piece of string?

Then, as you say, the inevitable crash (Cardiff are no Arsenal of Man U), and he creeps off into obscurity to lick his wounds and put the [bad] memory behind him.

But where does that leave the supporters of the club? As someone said earlier this week, football clubs are institutions and should be treated with care.
How do they keep doing it? on 10:33 - May 29 with 1228 viewsFrankyBurrowsTash

Around £1m Le Fondre cost according to various media reports.
Macheda and Guerra were frees.

Burgstaller though?
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024