Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Possible ins and outs this summer 12:28 - Apr 28 with 6221 viewsajmcglashan

I've written a piece on possible ins and outs this summer:

http://bit.ly/1lnERdX

@ajmcglashan
Possible ins and outs this summer on 12:38 - Apr 28 with 4804 viewsDrizzy

Nice read although I wish you'd have expanded it a bit more. Having Ki as one of your "ins" is a bit odd. Also for a speculative piece I'd like to have seen players beyond the likes of Powell and Aspas whom we've been linked to in the press.

Did p*ss myself at the reference to the Chico to Bayern rumours. What a crock of sh*te that was. Almost as funny as the suggestion that Del Bosque came to watch Chico alongside Michu back at Everton away last season. If we were offered £4m for him I'd take that in a heartbeat. We have a younger, calmer centre half whose just as good with the ball in Amat and we can throw that £4m (plus more) at a top class player like Hector Moreno.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Possible ins and outs this summer on 12:48 - Apr 28 with 4738 viewsajmcglashan

Possible ins and outs this summer on 12:38 - Apr 28 by Drizzy

Nice read although I wish you'd have expanded it a bit more. Having Ki as one of your "ins" is a bit odd. Also for a speculative piece I'd like to have seen players beyond the likes of Powell and Aspas whom we've been linked to in the press.

Did p*ss myself at the reference to the Chico to Bayern rumours. What a crock of sh*te that was. Almost as funny as the suggestion that Del Bosque came to watch Chico alongside Michu back at Everton away last season. If we were offered £4m for him I'd take that in a heartbeat. We have a younger, calmer centre half whose just as good with the ball in Amat and we can throw that £4m (plus more) at a top class player like Hector Moreno.

Yea I would have liked to have gone into more depth myself but was limited on word count when I wrote the original article.

Will do another more in depth piece on possible "ins" a little later on which will go beyond mere press links. I mentioned Ki just to highlight that I think he's an important player to get back.

Thanks for comments
Possible ins and outs this summer on 13:10 - Apr 28 with 4615 viewscaerleon_jack

OP - any relation to 'Flash' McGlashan, one time Physics teacher at Olchfa?

Insert something witty here

Possible ins and outs this summer on 13:11 - Apr 28 with 4606 viewsajmcglashan

Possible ins and outs this summer on 13:10 - Apr 28 by caerleon_jack

OP - any relation to 'Flash' McGlashan, one time Physics teacher at Olchfa?

Son of the very man
Possible ins and outs this summer on 13:23 - Apr 28 with 4565 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Possible ins and outs this summer on 13:11 - Apr 28 by ajmcglashan

Son of the very man

Must have been after my time, I left in 1984

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Possible ins and outs this summer on 13:30 - Apr 28 with 4532 viewsSwansea93

7M for a back up striker is alot, we be better off picking from a relagated side or someone in the Championship e.g. Le Fondre, Hooper etc.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Possible ins and outs this summer on 13:33 - Apr 28 with 4516 viewsajmcglashan

Possible ins and outs this summer on 13:30 - Apr 28 by Swansea93

7M for a back up striker is alot, we be better off picking from a relagated side or someone in the Championship e.g. Le Fondre, Hooper etc.

Agreee £7m is a lot but we've gone two seasons now with the "cheap option" in Shechter and Vasquez and they have flopped massively. We've ended up being over reliant on Michu and then Bony. With Michu potentially going in the summer, we will need someone of real quality as back up.

Going to write another article soon on who we can possibly pick off the relegated / Championship teams so will go into other options then.
Possible ins and outs this summer on 13:41 - Apr 28 with 4497 viewsDarran

Son of the very man

I thought someone else was running The Swanse Way.
Scott?????

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

Possible ins and outs this summer on 13:44 - Apr 28 with 4492 viewsajmcglashan

Possible ins and outs this summer on 13:41 - Apr 28 by Darran

I thought someone else was running The Swanse Way.
Scott?????

Yea Scott is still running it - I've just started writing articles for the website. Increased the staff by 100%
Possible ins and outs this summer on 14:13 - Apr 28 with 4413 viewsDarran

Possible ins and outs this summer on 13:44 - Apr 28 by ajmcglashan

Yea Scott is still running it - I've just started writing articles for the website. Increased the staff by 100%

You should submit your articles on here for inclusion as blogs on the web site - bigger exposure, more commentary and no word count restrictions.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Possible ins and outs this summer on 14:15 - Apr 28 with 4403 viewscaerleon_jack

Son of the very man

Your father is a legend, the way his comb over would fly about in the wind when he crossed the yard to his demountable.

Joking aside, wonderful man, ispiring teacher, one of the best I had at Olchfa.

Possible ins and outs this summer on 14:24 - Apr 28 with 4364 viewscaerleon_jack

Think I'm one of the few that still has confidence in Chico, and would be sorry to see him go. Wouldn't be suprised to see Ash go somewhere 'big' for a final pay-day (I wouldn't be suprised to see Everton come in for him if they end up with European football), and would be happy with £6-8m for him as long as that is reinvested in an experienced centre-half - as talented as Caulker is, and as much time as I have for Chico, we would need to replace Williams with someone who would fulfill the 'senior' partner role.

We need a young right back to be Rangel's eventual replacement. Taylor is not the option, and neither is Jazz. Not sure what we have in the u21s in that position.

I like the idea of Powell, think he has a big future and would certainly fill the JdG role if we don't sign him. Even if we do, I think Powell provides cover in enough positions that a season-long loan would be worth-while.

Up front, I've mentioned many times that I think Van Wolfswinkle would do well here. However, as we'd need someone happy to play a 'support' role to Bony, what about Lingard on loan from Utd for a season? He's done well at times for Birmingham this season and might be ready for getting a season of experience in the Premier League?

Possible ins and outs this summer on 17:09 - Apr 28 with 4195 viewsajmcglashan

Possible ins and outs this summer on 14:15 - Apr 28 by caerleon_jack

Your father is a legend, the way his comb over would fly about in the wind when he crossed the yard to his demountable.

Joking aside, wonderful man, ispiring teacher, one of the best I had at Olchfa.

I will pass on those kind words - he'll be very glad to hear of them! Comb over has now gone as well - you wouldn't recognise him!
Possible ins and outs this summer on 17:13 - Apr 28 with 4171 viewscaerleon_jack

Possible ins and outs this summer on 17:09 - Apr 28 by ajmcglashan

I will pass on those kind words - he'll be very glad to hear of them! Comb over has now gone as well - you wouldn't recognise him!

As long as he's still got the leather jacket, I'd recognise Flash.

Possible ins and outs this summer on 10:21 - Apr 29 with 3978 viewsajmcglashan

Possible ins and outs this summer on 13:30 - Apr 28 by Swansea93

In terms of outgoings though - if we did lose Michu, Chico and Ash (which I think could happen) we would need a massive rebuild of the defence. Would make me very nervous having to play Amat and Bartley at any point next season...
Possible ins and outs this summer on 10:59 - Apr 29 with 3948 viewstomdickharry

Possible ins and outs this summer on 10:21 - Apr 29 by ajmcglashan

In terms of outgoings though - if we did lose Michu, Chico and Ash (which I think could happen) we would need a massive rebuild of the defence. Would make me very nervous having to play Amat and Bartley at any point next season...

If Monk is appointed Ash will sign a new contract,Chico will stay and Amat/Bartley will be the reserve options,no expense that will leave a good pot of money for the transfer kitty. Snodgrass,would be ideal,nasty piece of work,puts his foot in,great free kicks around the penalty box and contributes to the work ethic and goal tally.Powell,yes huge talent and of course the one diamond that would cost a bit but would be well worth the money Siggy. These 3 would be top of my list.
Possible ins and outs this summer on 13:52 - Apr 29 with 3805 viewsajmcglashan

Possible ins and outs this summer on 10:59 - Apr 29 by tomdickharry

If Monk is appointed Ash will sign a new contract,Chico will stay and Amat/Bartley will be the reserve options,no expense that will leave a good pot of money for the transfer kitty. Snodgrass,would be ideal,nasty piece of work,puts his foot in,great free kicks around the penalty box and contributes to the work ethic and goal tally.Powell,yes huge talent and of course the one diamond that would cost a bit but would be well worth the money Siggy. These 3 would be top of my list.

Agree Siggy would be lovely to have back. Not sure it would be possible now though, fear any move in the Prem now would be to Everton / Newcastle as they are "bigger clubs" than us. I do miss that buzz of excitement whenever he'd get the ball near the opponents goal. He and Bodde by far the best long range shooters we've ever had.
Possible ins and outs this summer on 15:39 - Apr 29 with 3725 viewsLohengrin

Possible ins and outs this summer on 13:52 - Apr 29 by ajmcglashan

Agree Siggy would be lovely to have back. Not sure it would be possible now though, fear any move in the Prem now would be to Everton / Newcastle as they are "bigger clubs" than us. I do miss that buzz of excitement whenever he'd get the ball near the opponents goal. He and Bodde by far the best long range shooters we've ever had.

Too young to remember the howitzer boots on Russell Coughlin?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Possible ins and outs this summer on 15:55 - Apr 29 with 3704 viewshobo

Jack Butland would be a quality backup to Vorm imo, and possibly his successor in a season or two
Possible ins and outs this summer on 16:00 - Apr 29 with 3693 viewsTreforys_Jack

Shock return to the Swans for Joe. - Leons natural successor
[Post edited 29 Apr 2014 16:01]
Possible ins and outs this summer on 16:39 - Apr 29 with 3630 viewsHuw57

Possible ins and outs this summer on 15:55 - Apr 29 by hobo

Jack Butland would be a quality backup to Vorm imo, and possibly his successor in a season or two

Would cost too much, young, English and we wouldn't pay the 10M+ that Stoke would demand.

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Possible ins and outs this summer on 16:47 - Apr 29 with 3623 viewsajmcglashan

Possible ins and outs this summer on 15:39 - Apr 29 by Lohengrin

Too young to remember the howitzer boots on Russell Coughlin?

Sadly so. Although too be fair Shelvey has scored some pearlers this year, whilst also having some shockers. Honourable mention for him after Saturday's goal
Possible ins and outs this summer on 18:22 - Apr 29 with 3517 viewsAl_Bundy

Why does everybody think Ash will go? From a football perspective he would have to go to a top 9 side. Out of those would look to sign him?
Possible ins and outs this summer on 18:34 - Apr 29 with 3499 viewshobo

Possible ins and outs this summer on 16:39 - Apr 29 by Huw57

Would cost too much, young, English and we wouldn't pay the 10M+ that Stoke would demand.

They only paid £3m for him, and has only made 3 or 4 appearances for them before being sent out on loan. I think it's worth a £5m bid
Possible ins and outs this summer on 22:22 - Apr 29 with 3366 viewsQuakerJack

Callum McManaman, very talented player.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024