Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wilf 06:15 - Mar 26 with 9253 viewsDr_Winston

Has now scored more Premier League goals this season than:

Benteke
Lambert
Negredo (surprised at that one)
Dzeko
Welbeck
Adebayor
Eto'o
Schurrle

He's scored the same number as Robin Van Persie, and only two fewer than Rooney & Giroud. But apparently he's not quite what we need in a striker.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Wilf on 06:50 - Mar 26 with 5090 viewscitywalljack

That includes a lot of matches when he was sub or dare I say in a team where crossing is very average (more like Taylor last night please!). It's interesting how other teams fear him / want him in their squad (see arsenal forums last night) whilst many of our fans slag him off for his first touch or pace. He is a different class to anyone we've had before in that lone striker / holding role and when he goes to a big club for 20m+ we will miss him desperately.
Wilf on 07:05 - Mar 26 with 5048 viewsSwansNZ

He doesn't run around enough, so is not suitable for Swansea.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Wilf on 07:17 - Mar 26 with 5015 viewscontroversial_jack

He lost almost every ball that came to him during the second half
Wilf on 07:21 - Mar 26 with 5002 viewsNOTRAC

The header he scored last night was sublime, brilliant.he was entitled to a quiet game after that.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Wilf on 07:43 - Mar 26 with 4940 viewsJackbustard

Wilf on 07:21 - Mar 26 by NOTRAC

The header he scored last night was sublime, brilliant.he was entitled to a quiet game after that.

Id say that was his best last night too, just imagine the damage he would do if we could get supply him with crosses like that on a regular basis.
Wilf on 07:44 - Mar 26 with 4942 viewsshandyjack

Wilf on 07:21 - Mar 26 by NOTRAC

top top player and anyone who says otherwise is an idiot

Poll: Expectation for the season

Wilf on 07:54 - Mar 26 with 4910 viewsDr_Winston

And more goals overall than everyone except Suarez, Aguero, Negredo, Sturridge and Toure.

Level with Dzeko on 20.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Wilf on 07:59 - Mar 26 with 4881 viewsAnotherJohn

12 million was a big investment for us, but Bony's performances this season have shown that sometimes you have to invest to keep up. Huw allegedly said that this is the last big money signing, but I hope he will have seen that if one invests wisely value grows. We'll never be able to throw money about like some, but we will need the odd big strategic signing if we are to stay in the Prem.
Login to get fewer ads

Wilf on 07:59 - Mar 26 with 4879 views1jack

Wilf on 07:44 - Mar 26 by shandyjack

top top player and anyone who says otherwise is an idiot

That's a lot of idiots.
Wilf on 08:00 - Mar 26 with 4875 viewsDr_Winston

Wilf on 07:59 - Mar 26 by AnotherJohn

12 million was a big investment for us, but Bony's performances this season have shown that sometimes you have to invest to keep up. Huw allegedly said that this is the last big money signing, but I hope he will have seen that if one invests wisely value grows. We'll never be able to throw money about like some, but we will need the odd big strategic signing if we are to stay in the Prem.

I suspect Huw was playing down expectations than definitively saying "never again". They've never been afraid of big money fees before.

Wilf on 08:06 - Mar 26 with 4853 viewsZut_Alors

Wilf on 08:00 - Mar 26 by Dr_Winston

I suspect Huw was playing down expectations than definitively saying "never again". They've never been afraid of big money fees before.

Indeed. I get the feeling that big fees are preferable to big wages.
Wilf on 08:08 - Mar 26 with 4840 viewsBrockley_Jack

He's been treated like Jason Scotland was by a large chunk of our fans.
Wilf on 08:10 - Mar 26 with 4836 viewsIAN05

Wilf on 06:50 - Mar 26 by citywalljack

That includes a lot of matches when he was sub or dare I say in a team where crossing is very average (more like Taylor last night please!). It's interesting how other teams fear him / want him in their squad (see arsenal forums last night) whilst many of our fans slag him off for his first touch or pace. He is a different class to anyone we've had before in that lone striker / holding role and when he goes to a big club for 20m+ we will miss him desperately.

An Arsenal supporting friend at the game called him the most perfectly suited line striker has seen in prem. Difficult to disagree.
Wilf on 08:14 - Mar 26 with 4816 viewsMattG

I doubt there's anyone would disagree that his first few appearances, whether due to lack of fitness or the need to adapt to a new league, were somewhat underwhelming.

In the same way, nobody should be in any doubt that he is one of the best strikers of any kind in the PL and almost certainly the best of his type, bar none.
Wilf on 08:22 - Mar 26 with 4780 viewsKilkennyjack

Our club should take credit for bringing him in and then working hard with him. He is one top top striker now.

Beware of the Risen People

Wilf on 08:25 - Mar 26 with 4765 viewsRancid

He's the biggest handful in the Premier League.He gave Vermaelan a torrid time last night.He left 2 Arsenal players on the deck at one point after they just bounced off him attempting to knock him off the ball.Never have I seen such a strong footballer.Mark Hughes maybe the last.

The only thing he needs to improve on is his control when facing back to goal.The ball seems to bounce off him quite a bit when played perfectly to his feet.The lad is still young though and will improve on that making him one of the best strikers around.

Also he scores a lot against the top sides which will court interest.
Wilf on 08:25 - Mar 26 with 4765 viewsmonmouth

Wilf on 08:00 - Mar 26 by Dr_Winston

I thought it was just part of his public battle with Laudrup? Whatever, I've no doubt Jenks can see that this has come off, spectacularly.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Wilf on 08:42 - Mar 26 with 4723 viewsDr_Winston

It's possible.

Think Zut_alors is bang on. Wages will worry Huwbert more than one off transfer fees. Whilst he'd probably prefer to shop in the sub-£10m range I don't think he'd refuse a manager who wanted someone costing more provided it was affordable.

Wilf on 08:47 - Mar 26 with 4696 viewswaynekerr55

If he had blistering pace he would be the complete centre forward FACT

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Wilf on 08:49 - Mar 26 with 4687 viewsjacksinceever

Wilf on 07:05 - Mar 26 by SwansNZ

He doesn't run around enough, so is not suitable for Swansea.

Exactly. A striker's job is to score goals. Wilf doeswhat it says on the tin, yet not good enough for some.
To paraphrase "Create the chances and he will score" (as in "Built it and they will come"
Wilf on 08:51 - Mar 26 with 4675 viewsJackSomething

Wilf on 08:14 - Mar 26 by MattG

I doubt there's anyone would disagree that his first few appearances, whether due to lack of fitness or the need to adapt to a new league, were somewhat underwhelming.

In the same way, nobody should be in any doubt that he is one of the best strikers of any kind in the PL and almost certainly the best of his type, bar none.

Or some of us took note of his two-goal debut against Malmo, followed by a superb finish against Man United in his first League appearance and could tell there was a quality striker there.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Wilf on 08:51 - Mar 26 with 4668 viewsWarwickHunt

He's also our best defender at corners...

He was getting fouled from behind virtually every time the ball came to him last night.
Blatant penalty with that spineless c*nt of a ref 10 yards away with a perfect view.
Wilf on 08:54 - Mar 26 with 4648 viewspencoedjack

Hope he is here for many seasons .....

Is a top top striker & is only going to get better.
Wilf on 09:02 - Mar 26 with 4623 viewsDr_Winston

Wilf on 08:51 - Mar 26 by JackSomething

Or some of us took note of his two-goal debut against Malmo, followed by a superb finish against Man United in his first League appearance and could tell there was a quality striker there.

Yup. This supposed "slow start" along with his sometimes poor but nowhere near as bad as claimed first touch has become basically the only thing left for the dim to whinge about.

I seem to recall him getting off to a flyer in Europe and only being denied more league goals before Dec by a manager with little interest in starting him in it.

Wilf on 09:06 - Mar 26 with 4606 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

His goal/header last night was so good it was almost unreal, like we all paused for a second after it hit the back of the net as it seemed a little too easy; keeper barely moved. Unstoppable.

He did sometimes fail to hold the ball up last night, but as Warwick say he was being fouled a lot by defenders, I think his strength sometimes works against him in that regard as refs think he should be able to 'take' a bit of rough stuff and overlook him getting kneed in the back etc.

Some epic defensive headers last night as well, including one leap towards the end where he must have leapt about 3 feet higher than the Arsenal players competing for the ball.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024