Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another US school shooting 07:14 - May 25 with 11328 viewsLorax

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/newslondon/texas-primary-school-shooting-leaves-2

At least the current POTUS has spoken out against guns and said something needs to be done.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/texas-shooting-sick-tired-joe-27057409
Another US school shooting on 03:23 - May 29 with 1270 viewsDr_Parnassus

Another US school shooting on 18:13 - May 28 by shingle

Everyone knows what happened before you were owned wound up and spat out, the fact that you posted non stop for 24 hours creased everyone, come to think of it you seem to have got your self wound up yet again big time on this thread, what an earth is the matter with you your spending god knows how much of you time desperately trying to get your points over as if it means everything to you to do so, you are only going to make yourself ill again if you carry on at this rate you silly man.
[Post edited 28 May 2022 18:14]

Well that’s nice for everyone, unfortunately I don’t think I recognise you, you can’t post anything memorable.

I have never spend 24 hours posting on here and don’t think I have ever got angry at a single post in my 20 years as a member of various Swans forums. Sounds like you are either pushing your own fantasy onto me or are getting annoyed about my presence for some reason, maybe I’ve destroyed you in debate in past?

Maybe you are thinking of someone else, or having an episode?

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Another US school shooting on 03:27 - May 29 with 1270 viewsDr_Parnassus

Another US school shooting on 22:59 - May 28 by Lorax

I hope he's not trying to get his points over to me, I've got him on ignore!

I look now and again and it only justifies my use of the ignore button.

Anybody who can defend guns or try to claim there is nothing that can be done so why bother, frankly, isn't worth the bother.

You don’t have to try and get one over on you, you do that to yourself.

If you claim you can’t see the comments then don’t make a judgement would be my advice, get back in that box of yours.

Nobody has said “why bother doing anything”, what has been said is “why bother” doing something that can make the situation worse and certainly won’t make it better.

There is a world of difference. But I don’t expect you to be able to understand that. You are the type of person that thinks if you have suggested something, regardless of it’s implications, then you have done your bit.

All you are doing is trying to justify your own feelings. It’s a bit like the BLM knee, it’s done because you want to feel like you are doing something - the fact you know it does nothing is irrelevant, it serves the selfish need to feel you are doing your bit.

Others are far more practical and realistic and prefer to focus on things that make sense and work rather than just serving myself and my feelings.

Another US school shooting on 03:30 - May 29 with 1270 viewsDr_Parnassus

Another US school shooting on 18:28 - May 28 by Sirjohnalot

Read my thoughts. Can never imagine holding a gun, least of all treasuring one.

I can’t tie up pro life and pro guns

I don’t understand the correlation Jon.

Isn’t it like saying those that want to protect kids in schools are also probably happy to kill them in the womb?

One doesn’t relate to the other. One is a deliberate act that will be guaranteed to cause harm to an unborn child - the other is the ownership of an object that will help you protect your born children.

You posted a link on the other thread of a woman stopping an active shooter with her own gun. She had that for that very reason, she saved lives. So it would make sense for her to be pro life.

Make sense?

Another US school shooting on 08:03 - May 29 with 1252 viewsonehunglow

Another US school shooting on 20:48 - May 28 by 73__73

And I guarantee you want to ban guns, but are happy for unborn babies to be killed with abortion.

Try thinking like that if the foetus is produced out of an incestuous liaison.
It is a woman's right,a woman's body.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Another US school shooting on 11:01 - May 29 with 1209 viewsshingle

Another US school shooting on 03:23 - May 29 by Dr_Parnassus

Well that’s nice for everyone, unfortunately I don’t think I recognise you, you can’t post anything memorable.

I have never spend 24 hours posting on here and don’t think I have ever got angry at a single post in my 20 years as a member of various Swans forums. Sounds like you are either pushing your own fantasy onto me or are getting annoyed about my presence for some reason, maybe I’ve destroyed you in debate in past?

Maybe you are thinking of someone else, or having an episode?

Yes when you are worked up and going through a I must answer everyone phase you do occasionally manage to have a few hours break through exhaustion no doubt, but then you go and have nightmares about Trolls if I remember correctly
Another US school shooting on 11:06 - May 29 with 1196 viewsDr_Parnassus

Another US school shooting on 11:01 - May 29 by shingle

Yes when you are worked up and going through a I must answer everyone phase you do occasionally manage to have a few hours break through exhaustion no doubt, but then you go and have nightmares about Trolls if I remember correctly

I will always answer everyone who talks to me, that has been the case for my entire time on here. I’m not ignorant and won’t ignore anyone, nothing exhausting about it.

I love trolls on here, it’s a great sport to make them chase their tails.

The more I strike a chord with my excellent points the more come out of the woodwork, I must be doing something right recently as we have an influx at the moment.

Maybe it’s nerves incase Cooper makes them look even sillier than he already has 🤷‍♂️

Another US school shooting on 11:49 - May 29 with 1187 views73__73

Another US school shooting on 08:03 - May 29 by onehunglow

And try thinking like if you ban guns and a family is murdered as a result of not being able to defend themselves.

It’s an Americans right, not yours.

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Another US school shooting on 12:57 - May 29 with 1158 viewsonehunglow

Another US school shooting on 14:13 - May 25 by BryanSwan

Wasnt the original intention to in effect create a citizen militia and a ready made army for times of conflict?
In recent history there has never been the need for guns, but Americas insistance on being the "land of the free" and doing what they want has lead to this catastrophe.

Ban all guns, offer amnesty to turn them in with cash being paid. Any guns held after that point illegally carries a long prison sentence. If it sounds simple it is because it is.
America and Americans just cannot admit to being wrong.

To ask Americans to give up their RIGHT to hold a Section 1 type firearm seems literally a Human Rights issue.
No more dialogue necessary.

It s hard to give up your gun even if living in a nice Suburb in Denver,Col.

Login to get fewer ads

Another US school shooting on 10:07 - May 30 with 1097 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

It’s like the kids in London who feel they have to carry a knife because all the other kids carry a knife. And the end result is lots of kids being stabbed
Another US school shooting on 10:17 - May 30 with 1089 viewsWhiterockin

Another US school shooting on 10:07 - May 30 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

It’s like the kids in London who feel they have to carry a knife because all the other kids carry a knife. And the end result is lots of kids being stabbed

Not only London, there is a knife culture in Swansea.
Another US school shooting on 11:51 - May 30 with 1048 viewsLorax

Another US school shooting on 10:17 - May 30 by Whiterockin

Yes there is, it's far worse in Cardiff too. There are guns available in the bigger cities too but at least they are not freely available to buy in the shops.
Another US school shooting on 14:22 - May 30 with 1032 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Gun Murder statistics.

Click the chart to enlarge.

The information that is coming out about this shooting shows that the various sets of current guidelines were not followed.
The "shooter" had lots of history.
The school broke safety rules.
The Police allowed the shooter to enter the school.
The Police waited too long.
Another US school shooting on 15:37 - May 30 with 1010 viewsLorax

Another US school shooting on 14:22 - May 30 by A_Fans_Dad

Gun Murder statistics.

Click the chart to enlarge.

The information that is coming out about this shooting shows that the various sets of current guidelines were not followed.
The "shooter" had lots of history.
The school broke safety rules.
The Police allowed the shooter to enter the school.
The Police waited too long.

Yes, there were lots of rules broken, lots of mistakes. Even so, if assault rifles weren't openly on sale people couldn't be mistakenly allowed to buy them so they could be mistakenly allowed entry into a school so they could murder innocent children while the police mistakenly hung around outside.

The greatest mistake of all is being too stupid to see the real problem, guns on sale like Bananas and tv's, like hoodies and trainers.

Guns don't kill people, people kill people BUT people with assault rifles kill a lot of people, a lot more than people with knives.
Another US school shooting on 18:10 - May 30 with 984 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Another US school shooting on 10:17 - May 30 by Whiterockin

Yeah it’s the same concept though. These young people believe that the only way to defend themselves against people with knives is to carry a knife themselves. Stab or be stabbed. Shoot or be shot. It’s a horrific state of affairs really. It’s 2022 for Eru’s sake.

Why do people need to shoot and stab each other? It’s absolutely sick.
Another US school shooting on 18:34 - May 30 with 971 viewsDr_Parnassus

Another US school shooting on 18:10 - May 30 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

Yeah it’s the same concept though. These young people believe that the only way to defend themselves against people with knives is to carry a knife themselves. Stab or be stabbed. Shoot or be shot. It’s a horrific state of affairs really. It’s 2022 for Eru’s sake.

Why do people need to shoot and stab each other? It’s absolutely sick.

It is, but you can understand the thinking.

Lots of people who shout against weapons haven’t been in a situation where their life is generally under threat from one.

I wouldn’t dream of telling a Ukrainian citizen to disarm themselves because guns are bad. Protecting themselves and their families is of upmost importance.

Different scenario but same grounds of thought behind a lot of American cities. The amount of criminals who are looking to harm you is off the charts. 21,500 killings last year via any method. 58 per day.

Another US school shooting on 07:42 - May 31 with 925 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Another US school shooting on 11:49 - May 29 by 73__73

And try thinking like if you ban guns and a family is murdered as a result of not being able to defend themselves.

It’s an Americans right, not yours.

30,000 Americans die as a result of guns each year. No guns far fewer deaths.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Another US school shooting on 08:24 - May 31 with 912 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Another US school shooting on 18:34 - May 30 by Dr_Parnassus

It is, but you can understand the thinking.

Lots of people who shout against weapons haven’t been in a situation where their life is generally under threat from one.

I wouldn’t dream of telling a Ukrainian citizen to disarm themselves because guns are bad. Protecting themselves and their families is of upmost importance.

Different scenario but same grounds of thought behind a lot of American cities. The amount of criminals who are looking to harm you is off the charts. 21,500 killings last year via any method. 58 per day.

But it’s a bit of a fallacy that guns are needed to protect yourself against other people with guns. In reality if someone pulls a gun on you unexpectedly you’re unlikely to be standing there carrying your gun ready. If you even try to reach for a weapon you’re likely to be shot immediately. The only remotely feasible scenario is if you hear someone breaking into your house.
Another US school shooting on 08:25 - May 31 with 906 viewsDr_Parnassus

Another US school shooting on 08:24 - May 31 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

But it’s a bit of a fallacy that guns are needed to protect yourself against other people with guns. In reality if someone pulls a gun on you unexpectedly you’re unlikely to be standing there carrying your gun ready. If you even try to reach for a weapon you’re likely to be shot immediately. The only remotely feasible scenario is if you hear someone breaking into your house.

That’s just one scenario though isn’t it.

The link provided by Jon shows in what sort of a scenario they can be used. Let’s say someone pulls a weapon on your missus for example.

Another US school shooting on 08:48 - May 31 with 900 viewsonehunglow

Another US school shooting on 22:59 - May 28 by Lorax

I hope he's not trying to get his points over to me, I've got him on ignore!

I look now and again and it only justifies my use of the ignore button.

Anybody who can defend guns or try to claim there is nothing that can be done so why bother, frankly, isn't worth the bother.

I read extended arguments about this subject and much posturing

It really is simple. Americans LOVE the gun

Another US school shooting on 09:15 - May 31 with 884 viewsDr_Parnassus

Another US school shooting on 08:48 - May 31 by onehunglow

I read extended arguments about this subject and much posturing

It really is simple. Americans LOVE the gun

Depends which Americans you are talking about. Some hate them, some like them, some dislike them but believe they need them.

As long as they don’t hurt anyone that isn’t threatening their life then it doesn’t really matter what their like or dislike toward guns are.

Another US school shooting on 14:26 - Jun 3 with 808 viewsWingstandwood

Biden calls for ban on assault weapons and gun purchase age to be raised to 21.

Argus!

Another US school shooting on 14:40 - Jun 3 with 799 viewsTheKnowledge

Another US school shooting on 08:03 - May 29 by onehunglow

Do you apply the same logic to any man/woman who doesn't want the vaccine, their right their body?

Just curious
Another US school shooting on 14:42 - Jun 3 with 797 viewsLorax

Another US school shooting on 08:24 - May 31 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

Or if you see someone being mugged/attacked by someone with a gun you may react as that woman did, saw it on the news. Those good guys are far fewer than the nuts who commit mass shootings though, it's not a viable argument. The numbers are heavily stacked against.
Another US school shooting on 14:46 - Jun 3 with 793 viewsTheKnowledge

Another US school shooting on 14:26 - Jun 3 by Wingstandwood

Biden calls for ban on assault weapons and gun purchase age to be raised to 21.

Many in the US army are younger than 21 it will never happen
Another US school shooting on 15:45 - Jun 3 with 772 viewsDr_Parnassus

Another US school shooting on 14:42 - Jun 3 by Lorax

Or if you see someone being mugged/attacked by someone with a gun you may react as that woman did, saw it on the news. Those good guys are far fewer than the nuts who commit mass shootings though, it's not a viable argument. The numbers are heavily stacked against.

Stacked against what?

I don’t even think you know what point you are making. What are you advocating for here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024