Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Passport Hiatus. 12:53 - Apr 27 with 4098 viewsonehunglow

Conflicting report on TV today regarding passport expiry.

Simply ,you r passport is valid for 9yrs 9 months SINCE IT WAS ISSUED.

Our passports expire 2023 but technically they are not valid to travel this June ,when we are travelling.
Check it out folks a many are finding themselves walking into a problem at the Airport by being refused to travel.

It basically means a trip to the Passport Office to get one within 7 days and pay!£142 for the privilege. An utter legal scam as its "£85 on line but it is now an expected 10 week wait to be sent your passport.

Johnson has threatened to privatise the Passport Office

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The Passport Hiatus. on 21:31 - Apr 28 with 1071 viewsEbo

The Passport Hiatus. on 21:43 - Apr 27 by pikeypaul

Just like the DVLA they have done jack for over 2 years and aided by their far left unions are desperate for this to continue.
The sooner the DVLA is shut down and the work passed to people who are actually prepared to work the better,and the scum unions will be to blame.

"Scum unions"

Without them we would not have been able to fight for maternity/paternity leave, paid bank holidays etc...

Unions are not far left. In fact they have an impartial bias.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

The Passport Hiatus. on 23:09 - Apr 28 with 1043 viewscontroversial_jack

The Passport Hiatus. on 21:31 - Apr 28 by Ebo

"Scum unions"

Without them we would not have been able to fight for maternity/paternity leave, paid bank holidays etc...

Unions are the most democratic institutions of all
The Passport Hiatus. on 23:13 - Apr 28 with 1042 viewsSTID2017

The Passport Hiatus. on 23:09 - Apr 28 by controversial_jack

Well said

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

The Passport Hiatus. on 08:48 - May 2 with 978 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The Passport Hiatus. on 23:09 - Apr 28 by controversial_jack

Would that be the same institution who called the miners out on strike for over a disastrous year without asking their members to vote?

Scargil was a dictator who ignored his members wishes. Strange definition of democracy.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The Passport Hiatus. on 09:12 - May 2 with 960 viewsDr_Winston

Some Unions are impartial. Others are indeed "far left".

Problems begin when Union leadership are more interested in sticking it to the Government than they are in securing the best deals for their members. Unfortunately this is the situation that the DVLA staff currently find themselves in with PCS. And other Govt employees represented by them also will fairly soon I'd imagine.

A more collaborative, less antagonistic approach from Serwotka's mob and a lot of problems could probably have been avoided.
[Post edited 2 May 2022 9:46]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Passport Hiatus. on 22:02 - May 2 with 941 views73__73

The Passport Hiatus. on 21:31 - Apr 28 by Ebo

"Scum unions"

Unions are a waste of time. Every lazy person on site wants to be a union rep, so they can get out of doing work.

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

The Passport Hiatus. on 22:55 - May 2 with 919 viewsWingstandwood

The Passport Hiatus. on 09:12 - May 2 by Dr_Winston

Some Unions are impartial. Others are indeed "far left".

Problems begin when Union leadership are more interested in sticking it to the Government than they are in securing the best deals for their members. Unfortunately this is the situation that the DVLA staff currently find themselves in with PCS. And other Govt employees represented by them also will fairly soon I'd imagine.

A more collaborative, less antagonistic approach from Serwotka's mob and a lot of problems could probably have been avoided.
[Post edited 2 May 2022 9:46]

Aye and this debacle created by the most militant will have given the government the ideal excuse and justification to privatise, outsource or relocate thus ruining it for future generations.

A case of the government saying that it was forced to involve the private sector because of the appalling backlog and the fact many DVLA staff say the place is not safe to work in anyhow!

The union is not going to have a foot to stand on because it has itself created a most ruinous perfect storm! To make things even worse is the media/press and large percentage of the general public, have very little sympathy by reading online comments no matter what the newspaper or YouTube video.

The lack of common sense of some is staggering. Oh and I reckon there will be some (as seen with bygone events/history) selfish intent thrown in by certain type(s) just wanting redundancy pay-off's because of being far closer to retirement than others..... A case of b0llocks to the youngsters and future employment for the area.

"

Argus!

The Passport Hiatus. on 09:30 - May 3 with 880 viewspikeypaul

Union impartial ? 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Well it looks like having used the pandemic for there far left views the ones up the DVLA have given the Government the perfect reason to close it down, when they say it’s an unsafe working environment.

The sooner the better in my view, with the work shy up there expecting to be paid to watch Netflix.

And the ones that lose their “jobs” will only have the Marxist Union bosses to blame.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Login to get fewer ads

The Passport Hiatus. on 10:41 - May 3 with 865 viewscontroversial_jack

The Passport Hiatus. on 08:48 - May 2 by felixstowe_jack

Would that be the same institution who called the miners out on strike for over a disastrous year without asking their members to vote?

Scargil was a dictator who ignored his members wishes. Strange definition of democracy.

I agree, that was a mistake, an oversight, but compared to the govt using the police to enforce it's policy was hardly in the same league.

When i was at work, we could vote for our reps, and even held ballots at meeting to determine policy. In short, it was direct democracy, the purest form
The Passport Hiatus. on 11:44 - May 3 with 856 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The Passport Hiatus. on 10:41 - May 3 by controversial_jack

I agree, that was a mistake, an oversight, but compared to the govt using the police to enforce it's policy was hardly in the same league.

When i was at work, we could vote for our reps, and even held ballots at meeting to determine policy. In short, it was direct democracy, the purest form

Yes is was democracy after Thatcher made it law that Unions could only call strikes after they had conducted secret ballots of their members first.

Prior to that if your union rep called a stike it was all out.

The Passport Hiatus. on 12:12 - May 3 with 852 viewsraynor94

The Passport Hiatus. on 10:41 - May 3 by controversial_jack

You are old enough to remember the 80s, Scargill, Red Robbo, certainly not direct democracy

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The Passport Hiatus. on 17:28 - May 3 with 826 viewsonehunglow

I was in a Union for a couple of years and needed some help. They were useless .

Only the unions with power mattered,like Power Workers,TGWU,Hugh Scanlon s rabble rousers ,Scargill who was only interested in Yorkshire,his power base and NUR ,ASLEF and of course the FBU ,who went on strike leaving the army and Police to do what they could.

They had to be reformed.

What we should have is far less unions but more responsible and powerful ones,power begating responsibility .

The Passport Hiatus. on 18:13 - May 3 with 810 viewsmajorraglan

Unions have changed significantly since the 80’s and they are far more democratic, transparent and accountable than they used to be. Ballots to elect officials are conducted properly and when it comes to industrial action there are strict requirements. Sensible unions and sensible management can deliver very effective solutions, equally an over zealous union or poor management can ruin everything.
The Passport Hiatus. on 10:05 - May 4 with 771 viewsonehunglow

The Passport Hiatus. on 18:13 - May 3 by majorraglan

Unions have changed significantly since the 80’s and they are far more democratic, transparent and accountable than they used to be. Ballots to elect officials are conducted properly and when it comes to industrial action there are strict requirements. Sensible unions and sensible management can deliver very effective solutions, equally an over zealous union or poor management can ruin everything.

Sensible but also gives some justification for Thatcher to "reform" them. They did need reforming and were out of control.
Scanlon,Jack Jones,even Clive Jenkins were massively influential figures.

The Passport Hiatus. on 10:23 - May 4 with 764 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The Passport Hiatus. on 10:05 - May 4 by onehunglow

Sensible but also gives some justification for Thatcher to "reform" them. They did need reforming and were out of control.
Scanlon,Jack Jones,even Clive Jenkins were massively influential figures.

No need for any justification for Government to propose reforms to improve things. It is called democracy and the only way to progress is to adopt modern practices and embrace new technologies.

Perhaps the passport office could even send out reminders that the your passport will need renewing.

Most other government departments send out reminders as do most businesses.

The Passport Hiatus. on 10:34 - May 4 with 762 viewsonehunglow

The Passport Hiatus. on 10:23 - May 4 by felixstowe_jack

No need for any justification for Government to propose reforms to improve things. It is called democracy and the only way to progress is to adopt modern practices and embrace new technologies.

Perhaps the passport office could even send out reminders that the your passport will need renewing.

Most other government departments send out reminders as do most businesses.

That is a good reply but I was looking at it from a non confrontational context as Thatcher name brings out the worst in people.
I’m trying to be a peacemaker

Unions were out of control and were killing the country .Fact.

Labour zealots need to understand that and also Thatcher gave people a good living by allowing them to become landlords by floggingboff council houses for a song .

The Passport Hiatus. on 09:49 - May 12 with 682 viewscontroversial_jack

The Passport Hiatus. on 12:12 - May 3 by raynor94

You are old enough to remember the 80s, Scargill, Red Robbo, certainly not direct democracy

Did you attend any union meetings? Do you remember motions from the floor and a show of hands to give reps the mandate for any action required. Do you remember voting to elect your reps where any member could stand? That's about as democratic as we can get
The Passport Hiatus. on 12:25 - May 12 with 644 viewscontroversial_jack

Concerning passports. Mrs Controversial , applied for renewal on May 4th and she has just had a new one back today on the 12th. It's been just 8 days. I am surprised and pleased, can't get better service than that. The only thing , it's a British one and not a EU one
The Passport Hiatus. on 13:14 - May 12 with 640 viewsSTID2017

Just applied for mine online.
Need to post the old one off now and job done

The Passport Hiatus. on 13:16 - May 12 with 639 viewsSTID2017

The Passport Hiatus. on 12:25 - May 12 by controversial_jack

Concerning passports. Mrs Controversial , applied for renewal on May 4th and she has just had a new one back today on the 12th. It's been just 8 days. I am surprised and pleased, can't get better service than that. The only thing , it's a British one and not a EU one

Any Irish connection ?
She can get an EU one then.
I have done that, so sail through the EU section

The Passport Hiatus. on 13:26 - May 12 with 636 viewscontroversial_jack

The Passport Hiatus. on 13:16 - May 12 by STID2017

Any Irish connection ?
She can get an EU one then.
I have done that, so sail through the EU section

No, she hasn't. Just Welsh and English, half and half.
The Passport Hiatus. on 13:59 - May 12 with 634 viewsSTID2017

Just read a story on Walesonline of a couple who applied for their passports together.
One has arrived, the other hasn't.
Now they are panicking as they may not both be allowed to go on a booked holiday.
The thing that struck me is these problems have been known about since at least the end of last year and also the Passport Office is advising people not to book holidays and trips until their have received their new passports ?
I know it is easy to be wise after the event, but worth bearing in mind for any posters and family who may be affected ?

The Passport Hiatus. on 20:37 - May 12 with 610 viewsonehunglow

The Passport Hiatus. on 13:59 - May 12 by STID2017

Just read a story on Walesonline of a couple who applied for their passports together.
One has arrived, the other hasn't.
Now they are panicking as they may not both be allowed to go on a booked holiday.
The thing that struck me is these problems have been known about since at least the end of last year and also the Passport Office is advising people not to book holidays and trips until their have received their new passports ?
I know it is easy to be wise after the event, but worth bearing in mind for any posters and family who may be affected ?

Guess whose passports are now en route after us cancelling our holiday.

It means booking another one in October means I will be missing a Swans game and the search to find somewhere abroad to watch it.

It's clearly hit or miss

We had Max Spielman do our applications;it might be an option

The Passport Hiatus. on 20:48 - May 12 with 606 viewsraynor94

The Passport Hiatus. on 09:49 - May 12 by controversial_jack

Did you attend any union meetings? Do you remember motions from the floor and a show of hands to give reps the mandate for any action required. Do you remember voting to elect your reps where any member could stand? That's about as democratic as we can get

Not arguing with any of that but it's Lions led by Donkeys, with 2 I mentioned.

And then there's McCluskey

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The Passport Hiatus. on 01:52 - May 13 with 586 viewsSTID2017

The Passport Hiatus. on 20:37 - May 12 by onehunglow

Guess whose passports are now en route after us cancelling our holiday.

It means booking another one in October means I will be missing a Swans game and the search to find somewhere abroad to watch it.

It's clearly hit or miss

We had Max Spielman do our applications;it might be an option

Definetly do not book anything until they are in your hands.
Otherwise could be wasted money

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024