Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time to move back 11:38 - Sep 27 with 15181 viewsdubaistu

Whereabouts does everyone live? Where would you recommend with decent schools and nice pubs.
Time to move back on 18:18 - Sep 27 with 2352 viewsBlackCrowe

Time to move back on 17:17 - Sep 27 by fLaMeBoY

I'm in Godalming, Surrey.
A wonderful place with first class school. We've 5/6 brilliant schools here. Yeah it's bloody expensive but a couple of miles either side like Farncombe or Milford (where Jamie Mackie live/is renovating a house) is more affordable.
Highly recommended.

Ahh Godalming...once home to the sorely missed Ram Cider House. Never a sober person left that place.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Time to move back on 18:26 - Sep 27 with 2337 viewsScubaHoop

The Virgin Islands... the Caribbean is the only way to go. Obviously its a bit of a trek to the ground, the only decent school here costs an arm and a leg and until 6 months ago there was no beer served on tap what-so-ever but that is the price of sunshine....
Time to move back on 18:32 - Sep 27 with 2327 viewsTheBlob

Time to move back on 15:38 - Sep 27 by CroydonCaptJack

I have happy memories of Thursday nights at The Grasshopper in Westerham.

Aciiieeeed !!

Don't forget The Frog And BucketMiddle of nowhere,used to rock gigs there.
http://www.useyourlocal.com/pubs/kent/sevenoaks/ide-hill/frog-bucket/q/ref-11035

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Time to move back on 19:04 - Sep 27 with 2291 viewsqprmick

Just been back for a visit and stayed in Ealing Green, love it, expensive but you get what you pay for.

Qprmick

Time to move back on 19:06 - Sep 27 with 2289 viewsted_hendrix

Own a detached house in a beautiful village in West Berkshire, just about to send an e-mail to an estate agent saying no I don't want to sell it and buy a new house in Lambourn that we've been looking at for the last few weeks.
QPR home games are 3 hour round journeys.
Excellent schools in nearby Newbury.
One pub in my village-no shops-one bus stop and one bus per day and that's it, It's called bliss.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Time to move back on 19:27 - Sep 27 with 2277 viewsRickyDicky

Time to move back on 16:10 - Sep 27 by qprdan

your up the road from me, I'm in Ashford, just moved back from NZ

I'm the head brewer in the Farriers Arms in Mersham (Amongst my many other jobs!)

Just got back from there - doing some quality control

See quite a few Hooped shirts on Ashford Station on Match day, they outnumber scum and arse shirts funnily enough !

Moved down here about 16 years ago.

Poll: Where will we finish next Year. Starting early.

Time to move back on 20:04 - Sep 27 with 2242 viewsbrewers_hoop

Haringey, twinned with Beirut. Fight a night at the local pub, schools shite, all the birds wear pink tracksuits, half a mile from the Tottenham riots - what's not to like?
Time to move back on 20:15 - Sep 27 with 2227 viewsHayesender

Hayes

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Login to get fewer ads

Time to move back on 20:21 - Sep 27 with 2222 viewsRanger78

Time to move back on 16:38 - Sep 27 by Gloucs_R

There used to be a few of us on here from Slough, Windsor and Bracknell.

Yep, I live in Holyport. Good Schools, nice pubs, close to loads of things to do and easy access to London
Time to move back on 20:27 - Sep 27 with 2219 viewsjo_qpr63

Bracknell got loads of houses for sale,they cant stop building them here. you will probably get a good deal on a 4 bed detached. good schools and re builing the town center as it was a bit rubbish. Near m4, m3. m25. and its got an ice ring!
[Post edited 27 Sep 2013 21:54]
Time to move back on 20:32 - Sep 27 with 2213 viewsbatmanhoop

Dorset/Devon border, worth the 3 plus hours to Loftus Road for its sheer beauty
Time to move back on 21:47 - Sep 27 with 2172 views100percent

Elstree - actually, Well End - just outside Elstree and Borehamwood.
lovely area, sits right on the edge of the countryside parks etc. half way between St Albans and Loftus Rd, Dubs..... and it would please your missus.....!!
Time to move back on 22:02 - Sep 27 with 2157 viewsqprdan

Time to move back on 19:27 - Sep 27 by RickyDicky

I'm the head brewer in the Farriers Arms in Mersham (Amongst my many other jobs!)

Just got back from there - doing some quality control

See quite a few Hooped shirts on Ashford Station on Match day, they outnumber scum and arse shirts funnily enough !

Moved down here about 16 years ago.

wouldn't be me, I drive and take my son, I was born and bred here, seen a few changes over the years, mainly more Manc and scum fans..

You make it to games much?
Time to move back on 22:03 - Sep 27 with 2157 viewsMrSheen

Time to move back on 20:32 - Sep 27 by batmanhoop

Dorset/Devon border, worth the 3 plus hours to Loftus Road for its sheer beauty

Whereabouts? Thinking of retirement there.
Time to move back on 22:39 - Sep 27 with 2118 viewsGloryHunter

Isn't it crazy that the only people who can afford to live in Shepherd's Bush now are millionaires and council tenants?
Time to move back on 23:00 - Sep 27 with 2095 viewsrrrspricey

Royal Tunbridge Wells dahling. Absolutely splendid part of our fair land... fcuk all to do mind you, housing costs are fcukin mental & there's a fair few "disgusted of" knobs here too.

lovely schools though what what.
Time to move back on 23:02 - Sep 27 with 2094 viewsMedwayR

Medway is a rough diamond, particularly for commuters. I can get to St Pancras (HS1), London Bridge, Charing Cross, Cannon Street, Victoria all within 50mins tops from either Strood, Rochester or Chatham stations. House prices are UK average which is cheap for Kent & cheap for somewhere so convenient for commuters. There are sh*t areas in Chatham & Gillingham but there are also nice areas in the rest of Medway & some lovely villages towards Gravesend (Cobham, Meopham). Nightlife has gone downhill in the last few years but you're close to London, Maidstone & there are nice pubs here & there. Close to A2, M20, M25, Ebbsfleet if you fancy a trip to France, Bluewater nearby & Westfield Stratford 20mins away. Canterbury & coast nearby too. Loads of history in the area, local hospital is sh*t & schools are very hit & miss though.

Poll: Who’s better?

Time to move back on 23:10 - Sep 27 with 2084 viewscalders

Lived and worked in Ealing all my life, still a very nice area to live but has changed completely over the years, although maybe so have I, sick of the traffic, people, and general rat race.
Absolutely love south Devon ( England as it used to be) we try and get down there as often as possible, looking at buying a holiday home on the south Devon coast next year.
Will always be tied to London through family business but will be great to have somewhere to escape to, and only three hours away, will hopefully retire there eventually.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2013 23:38]
Time to move back on 23:28 - Sep 27 with 2067 viewsloftboy

Lived the first 23 years of my life in Bracknell, folks still there, seems a bit run down these days, spent the last 22 years in chertsey, also gone down hill a bit but close to some countryside and only 40 minutes drive to qpr or 1 1/2 hours on the train, good choice of schools and some good and not so good pubs etc

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Time to move back on 23:39 - Sep 27 with 2046 viewshamptonhillhoop

Time to move back on 13:08 - Sep 27 by baz_qpr

I live in Hampton our worse school is better than many areas best school and the pubs are fairly decent. All depends how much money you have to spend and where you work etc

Whereabouts are you in Hampton baz? I'm on the uxbridge road fittingly. Have noticed more and more Rangers stickers in cars recently. Ones probably yours!
Time to move back on 23:46 - Sep 27 with 2042 viewsbaz_qpr

Time to move back on 23:39 - Sep 27 by hamptonhillhoop

Whereabouts are you in Hampton baz? I'm on the uxbridge road fittingly. Have noticed more and more Rangers stickers in cars recently. Ones probably yours!

Partridge Road Opposite the entrance to the little Sainsbury car park
Time to move back on 23:54 - Sep 27 with 2031 viewshamptonhillhoop

Time to move back on 23:46 - Sep 27 by baz_qpr

Partridge Road Opposite the entrance to the little Sainsbury car park

Just round the corner then. I love the way everyone calls it little sainsburys, very Hampton. Are you enjoying the new fountain and park? I've been here 12 years now, moved as my wife grew up here. It's a nice place to live although I still can't get used to the fact that everyone knows each other. See you in traffic on the A316 tomorrow
Time to move back on 09:34 - Sep 28 with 1977 viewsRickyDicky

Time to move back on 22:02 - Sep 27 by qprdan

wouldn't be me, I drive and take my son, I was born and bred here, seen a few changes over the years, mainly more Manc and scum fans..

You make it to games much?

About 10 games a year , mostly home but some away too. Have driven in the past, but so much easier by train now that we have the fast one to St Pancras. Go with my Son (22) and daughter (18).

Normal routine, get there early, Pie and Mash and a couple of pints in the White Horse or the Defectors Weld if it isn't too busy.

Poll: Where will we finish next Year. Starting early.

Time to move back on 09:43 - Sep 28 with 1964 viewsQPR442

Time to move back on 16:38 - Sep 27 by Gloucs_R

There used to be a few of us on here from Slough, Windsor and Bracknell.

I live in Berkshire. Good schools, places to go and good links to London.
Time to move back on 09:44 - Sep 28 with 1964 viewsheadhoops

Time to move back on 16:29 - Sep 27 by WokingR

Couldn't agree with you more
It's ok, I am in St Johns

Nice area too. Play at winston on a Monday night - getting more R's shirts on show as well

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024