Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Taking it to another level. 16:12 - Aug 19 with 1989 viewsViking_Jock

Since PL is growing and taking on USA, I sat and browsed abit around. I came upon this blog where the launch is describid in situ.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/soccer/Behind_the_scenes_of_NBC_Sports_Premi

Now reading it causally it sparked an idea. Must be cool to be in that control room, all those screens showing matches and situations. I came to think of computergaming, the top of the line setups there, will have 3 screens to play a single game.

It is actually not all that uncommon: https://www.google.dk/search?q=3+screen+setup&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei

And so the idea; that you could actually watch the one game on 2 or more screens. The big middle screen, showing you the game as we are used to. But other cameras covering the game, watching Allardyce pick his nose. See Di Canio lose it and start that fight with his sub.

Fans singing, linesman running up and down. Drawing you closer into the game.

Mimicking the control room basically.

And thinking about this, in computergaming, it's for the few who can afford both 3 equal screens, and the hardware to run it.

But in television, it would be much easier attainable. Most of us have our big tv, most of us also have a secondary screen. And if we were paying Sky customers for example, we could have both running different shots of the same game.

The extravagant luxury, would be to setup the screens side by side. For those who could afford such a setup, needn't be the same big screen.

And for bars. Think of a sportsbar having a big 50" plasma, and then aside it 2 32" smaller tvs showing the secondary pictures. In the USA they like to do interviews pitchside during the game. I saw them lose a goal that way the other day as their national team scored as they were interviewing.

But had they run the interview on a secondary screen, it would have been a great moment instead of a messup.

So in this day where they are trying to implement technology to decide if the ball is over the line or not. Why not look to what PC users are already doing with technology, and what the control room is doing, and realise that viewers would think this would be very cool.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2013 16:16]

Poll: Which song is the best banjo song.

Taking it to another level. on 16:15 - Aug 19 with 1984 viewsDarran

Don't Sky do things like this on the red button?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Taking it to another level. on 16:23 - Aug 19 with 1967 viewsViking_Jock

Taking it to another level. on 16:15 - Aug 19 by Darran

Don't Sky do things like this on the red button?

I don't know actually. But seeing how they try to combat the internet streamings. And knowing music tried to do this too and failed.

How they realised the solution was to add something more to those who payed. Sky could implement this and paying customers could have their computerscreen running alongside getting two views of the game, inmatch interviews and such. Closeup of our fans bellowing that song they so much like, we all love to see them sing.

It would increase the quality and thus the gap, between those who have payed and the freeloaders who are thankfull for a small decent stream.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2013 16:25]

Poll: Which song is the best banjo song.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024