Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warren farm in doubt? 11:07 - Jun 6 with 1992 viewsHayesender

Residents prepared to go to the high court to stop it apparently.

Cnts

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Warren farm in doubt? on 14:16 - Jun 6 with 476 viewsbaz_qpr

Its the people who take their dogs over there to have shit that are the ones complaining if I remember correctly, i.e access will be blocked from a number of previous accessible areas with one main controlled entrance
Warren farm in doubt? on 14:24 - Jun 6 with 462 views1MoreBrightonR

My parents live in between Latimer road and St Quentins Avenue in W10 and loads of residents kicked up a massive fuss because Westfield put up a small advertising board alongside the motorway....The main objection? "It was ruining their skyline". This is the same skyline that has westway running through it and the high rise buildings in the Lancaster West estate. My dad went along to the meeting and walked out because the residents group was talking such sh1t.
Warren farm in doubt? on 14:54 - Jun 6 with 435 viewsNorthernr

Warren farm in doubt? on 14:24 - Jun 6 by 1MoreBrightonR

My parents live in between Latimer road and St Quentins Avenue in W10 and loads of residents kicked up a massive fuss because Westfield put up a small advertising board alongside the motorway....The main objection? "It was ruining their skyline". This is the same skyline that has westway running through it and the high rise buildings in the Lancaster West estate. My dad went along to the meeting and walked out because the residents group was talking such sh1t.

People don't like change, that's the long and short of it. If we were planning on sticking a tractor factory on Warren Farm then object away, or ploughing £25m into it and thinking that gives us the right to stick a big fence up and say "you aint coming in" then again object away. Objecting to what we are actually doing is small minded.
Warren farm in doubt? on 15:12 - Jun 6 with 404 viewsactonman

I have it on good authority that the sultan is p!ssed right off as he has a freshly tuned saxo vtr that he was waiting to spin round
Warren farm in doubt? on 15:35 - Jun 6 with 372 viewsTW_R

Warren farm in doubt? on 14:05 - Jun 6 by TheBlob

Ohhhhhhhh yeahhhh.....

Now ya talking!

Although it does prove the rule that having money doesn't mean you have any taste.
Warren farm in doubt? on 15:49 - Jun 6 with 349 viewsNorthernr

The club has sent us the following statement....

THE club is aware of action being taken by the Hanwell Community Forum (HCF) against the London Borough of Ealing in relation to Warren Farm.
In response, the council have issued the following statement from Council Leader, Councillor Julian Bell.
‘During the toughest economic times in our history, the council is trying to secure long-term investment in high-quality community sporting facilities that will benefit generations of Ealing residents. Before this agreement goes ahead, QPR will have to commit to significant investment in Warren Farm and its public facilities, so to suggest it is a gift is nonsense. If this legal action results in a judicial review it will put the council’s finances under even more strain, but we will be able to demonstrate that the decision by our planning committee was sound and based on proper planning conditions, and that the council was acting in the best interests of the people of this borough.’
Queens Park Rangers Football Club remains committed to the project and will continue to work closely with the council to ensure that the planning permission and decision to lease the site to the club stands.
We will be making no further comment at this stage
Warren farm in doubt? on 16:12 - Jun 6 with 324 viewsTheBlob

Are people worried that R's might try to do a sidestep after getting PP and put a stadium there?I seem to remember Charlton tried to do that with their training ground.One step leads to another maybe the thinking?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Warren farm in doubt? on 17:04 - Jun 6 with 299 viewsTW_R

Warren farm in doubt? on 14:54 - Jun 6 by Northernr

People don't like change, that's the long and short of it. If we were planning on sticking a tractor factory on Warren Farm then object away, or ploughing £25m into it and thinking that gives us the right to stick a big fence up and say "you aint coming in" then again object away. Objecting to what we are actually doing is small minded.

And here's the obligatory photo with some kids holding placards.

http://www.ealinggazette.co.uk/ealing-news/local-ealing-news/2013/06/06/64767-33
Login to get fewer ads

Warren farm in doubt? on 17:14 - Jun 6 with 283 viewsRangersDave

Warren farm in doubt? on 17:04 - Jun 6 by TW_R

http://www.ealinggazette.co.uk/ealing-news/local-ealing-news/2013/06/06/64767-33

Noooooo, we'll be paying them compensation next for the atrocities we have placed on them for having that Sh1 t hole re-developed.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Warren farm in doubt? on 17:19 - Jun 6 with 279 viewsmichael67

Warren farm in doubt? on 17:04 - Jun 6 by TW_R

We are not taking all the land, just two thirds of it. They still will have enough space to let their dogs run around.

Poll: Do you enjoy NorthermRs presser posts, and wish to see them every week?

Warren farm in doubt? on 17:37 - Jun 6 with 259 viewsTW_R

Warren farm in doubt? on 17:19 - Jun 6 by michael67

We are not taking all the land, just two thirds of it. They still will have enough space to let their dogs run around.

Yeah - particularly that one near the front on the right.
Warren farm in doubt? on 18:14 - Jun 6 with 245 viewsderbyhoop

Warren farm in doubt? on 12:17 - Jun 6 by Northernr

Ahhh takes me back to my days on the local papers. There's always some NIMBY pillock who objects to absolutely any hint of any change whatsoever in their local area, and quite often they find some legal loophole to hold the whole thing up. That's all it will do. You'll get a load of residents talking about how they like to walk their dogs there and fear being besieged by camera crews at all hours of the day and night.

Funnily enough the same residents will be up in arms when the local chavs burn down the dilapidated changing rooms, saying the site has suffered from chronic under investment.

And if the council did say "ok then, we'll stick £25m into the site ourselves" then the residents association will moan about their council tax going up.

Essentially, some cnts just like moaning.

What you have here is an almost derelict site that is almost certainly unsafe in parts and an accident/arson attack waiting to happen. You've got a private company that is willing to not only stick £25m into developing it, but develop it as a sport facility rather than just slapping a load more houses or a supermarket on it, and not only that but include a whole range of community facilities into the bargain as well. It's a better solution than any I ever saw for sites like this when I was covering planning meetings. Perhaps they'd prefer it if they just concreted over the whole thing and slapped a Tesco and a Sports Direct up, then the only sport would be the local idiot section pulling doughnuts in their customised Corsas until 3 in the morning.

Amen to that.

The Official Site showed photos of the site as it stands now. What a dump. No wonder usage is falling and the place is virtually derelict.

QPR (or anybody else for that matter) putting in #25m to build a state of the art modern sports facility available for community usage ought to be welcomed with open arms. Especially, when ir won't cost the local council a penny.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024