Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mbia 03:38 - May 31 with 3727 viewsealinghoop

Honestly don't understand the criticism about him, yes he made an idiotic tweet which lets be honest was more than likely not him (no one is that stupid).

My point being is, he has played very good in a number of games this season, and yes very very poor in a lot of games too. however the games he has played poor in you have too look at why. my point being is he is a holding midfielder, who's job primarily is too win the ball back and release it quickly to the so called "play maker" in the midfield, so he has fell short often, because he has kept losing possession. I believe this to be because he's trying to be that play maker, because he's either been instructed to do that (and as we know he's simply not that type of player) or he cant find that player in our midfield and as we all know, we haven't had that type of player all year, meaning he hasn't found a player to release to early enough so has tried to play that killer pass which he has not got in his locker because he's been forced into that situation.

This is just my point of view on the player, the reason i say it now is cause iv seen a lot of stick in recent weeks so thought I'd try stick up for him for once, because i know people say he signed for money which yes he may have, but i do believe he's made an effort (more than can be said about nearly 99% of our players) which shows with what he's tried doing with fans by handing out shirts etc.

I'm also making this point because I think he's going to be a good player next season and i cant see why people would think otherwise to be honest. However, like iv said its just my opinion.
Mbia on 13:27 - May 31 with 821 viewsCharlie1

Mbia on 13:15 - May 31 by hoops_legend

We supporters are very confused people

We hate how QPR sign 8 players each transfer window and complain about adding on new layers yet everyone wants rid of everyone in the side!

Players like Mbia we can certainly work with and he is of a good age so why would we want to get rid? Its nonsense!

He's here for the money though.

I agree a churn is no good. It's the wrong strategy and TF's approach has been flawed from day one irrespective of manager.

We have to get rid because of wages. And the likes of M'Bia have already tweeted their views so get rid.
We then get the next generation of Hill's, Mackie's, Adel's etc and work on them, improve them / coach them etc. We also get right the likes of Diakite etc.

2:59 baby!

Mbia on 13:33 - May 31 with 814 viewsHunterhoop

Mbia on 10:27 - May 31 by bosh67

I've seen him fill in at CB for us and he instantly looked at home in that position. Personally I like his attitude, I think he's a natural CB and alongside Ned I think that could be the future if Samba is sold on. Hill then could cover.

NO NO NO!

Absolute nonsense.

He had one, yes ONE, decent game at CB away to Arsenal. But he still got himself stupidly sent off which cost us the game.

Prior to that game, in his first 2 performances for QPR, he played CB at home to Reading in the cup and at home to West Ham in the league.

HE WAS AWFUL AT CB. His positioning was atrocious. He constantly got his headers wrong (got underneath it and either flicked it on or straight up in the air). He was regularly outmuscled by Pog and Cole (he made the latter look like Sir Les) and his passing out of defence was very poor.

He was an absolute liability at CB.

We had this very discussion on this messageboard where everyone agreed he was pony at CB but seemed to think he was "naturally suited to CM" and that "CM is his true position"....people wanted to persuade themselves that he wasn;t a £7m dud. They wanted to make themselves feel better.

Well, we've played him at CM for most of the season now and all of a sudden some people have started to say "he's a CB", "looked at home in that positon", etc. NO! NO, HE BLOODY DIDN'T!

Can we not just accept that he's pony.

He is bad at marking at set pieces
He doesn't track runners well
He is bad at heading, passing, shooting
His tackling is a mixture of reckless and fairy-like
He dives...terribly
He's concentration is poor
His positioning at CB AND at CM is poor

Face it, he's not a very good player.

Samba Diakite, whilst probably clinically mad and a danger to others, is far FAR better a footballer.
Mbia on 13:42 - May 31 with 807 viewsstansleftfoot

I saw somewhere a French Club was offering or valuing Mbia at £8 Million.
I just pray Harry gets wind of this and never lets Mbia near a football in a public place again until he is sold.
This endless debate about whether Mibia is a centre half or a holding midfield player is bizarre. We must have learnt enough about football to recognise that this 27 year old footballer is in his prime and cannot get any better.
The idea that we'd discovered a gem of a player hidden away at Marseille is crazy....Stephane Mbia is a liability who is also limited by ability, intelligence and commitment....Why do we bother discussing this....get him off the books and put the money into a young player with potential....
Mbia on 13:57 - May 31 with 799 viewsrsonist

To be honest I think this stuff about him being an uncommitted mercenary has gone a little too far now. The comment to Barton was an inappropriate attempt at gallows humour, and his excuse was moronic, but up to that point he was one of the rare tryers in the side.

As a footballer however he is deeply suspect (and doubtless overpaid) so on that basis I would rather see him leave.

This club will never get anywhere praying for talented but mentally flawed players to magically find consistency. The sort of player where every 9/10 performance is followed by a couple of 3s and 4s. Look at any successful side - take United and Cardiff this season -and you'll see everyone putting in a 7 at the very least, week in week out. It doesn't have to be spectacular.
Mbia on 14:06 - May 31 with 790 viewsingeminate

Puzzling footballer.

On the one hand he will run and run until he's shattered by the end of the game. On the other hand he routinely lets people run in behind him and also can often be seen jogging/walking back when he should be busting a gut.

Don't know what the stats are in terms of ground covered, but would have thought's he'd be up there.

So in short runs about a lot overall, but can't be depended on to run about when critical.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Mbia on 14:08 - May 31 with 790 viewsbaz_qpr

Mbia on 13:33 - May 31 by Hunterhoop

NO NO NO!

Absolute nonsense.

He had one, yes ONE, decent game at CB away to Arsenal. But he still got himself stupidly sent off which cost us the game.

Prior to that game, in his first 2 performances for QPR, he played CB at home to Reading in the cup and at home to West Ham in the league.

HE WAS AWFUL AT CB. His positioning was atrocious. He constantly got his headers wrong (got underneath it and either flicked it on or straight up in the air). He was regularly outmuscled by Pog and Cole (he made the latter look like Sir Les) and his passing out of defence was very poor.

He was an absolute liability at CB.

We had this very discussion on this messageboard where everyone agreed he was pony at CB but seemed to think he was "naturally suited to CM" and that "CM is his true position"....people wanted to persuade themselves that he wasn;t a £7m dud. They wanted to make themselves feel better.

Well, we've played him at CM for most of the season now and all of a sudden some people have started to say "he's a CB", "looked at home in that positon", etc. NO! NO, HE BLOODY DIDN'T!

Can we not just accept that he's pony.

He is bad at marking at set pieces
He doesn't track runners well
He is bad at heading, passing, shooting
His tackling is a mixture of reckless and fairy-like
He dives...terribly
He's concentration is poor
His positioning at CB AND at CM is poor

Face it, he's not a very good player.

Samba Diakite, whilst probably clinically mad and a danger to others, is far FAR better a footballer.

He was player of the season at Marseille last season playing centre back and that included European level, I would suggest that his early issues were more due to the fact that Hughes coaching team "dont do defensive training" and perhaps he had no idea whether he was supposed to be man marking or Zonal marking
Mbia on 14:36 - May 31 with 769 viewskensalriser

'Can we not just accept he's pony'.

I can and do!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Mbia on 17:11 - May 31 with 740 viewsrsonist

Mbia on 14:08 - May 31 by baz_qpr

He was player of the season at Marseille last season playing centre back and that included European level, I would suggest that his early issues were more due to the fact that Hughes coaching team "dont do defensive training" and perhaps he had no idea whether he was supposed to be man marking or Zonal marking

I think there's a good few of our current playing staff that have been and could still be accommodated elsewhere, in teams with a solid structure and defined identity. We don't have the foundations for them though, and if we build on the likes of Mbia then we're building on sand.
Login to get fewer ads

Mbia on 18:10 - May 31 with 721 viewsHunterhoop

Mbia on 14:08 - May 31 by baz_qpr

And have you seen Marseille defend?? Christ, Fitz Hall would stand out as competent in their back line.

They really aren't very good defensively. The standard in the Ligue 1 is not great and Marseille failed to get very far in the EUROPA league. And it's very different from playing CB in the English leagues.

Oh, AND, he didn't only play at CB for Marseille but often as a holding midfielder.

So, frankly, I'll judge his CB ability on what I've seen - and I've seen every minute he's played CB in the flesh for us. Nedum and Clint are FAR better and safer there.

Mbia on 18:13 - May 31 with 719 viewsHunterhoop

Mbia on 14:06 - May 31 by ingeminate

Puzzling footballer.

On the one hand he will run and run until he's shattered by the end of the game. On the other hand he routinely lets people run in behind him and also can often be seen jogging/walking back when he should be busting a gut.

Don't know what the stats are in terms of ground covered, but would have thought's he'd be up there.

So in short runs about a lot overall, but can't be depended on to run about when critical.

Only in football is "well, he runs around a lot" considered to be a strength!

As you basically point out, surely it's where he runs, when, and how fast that matter! On all counts, he fails.

Couple this with any interaction he has with the ball is very unskilled and I'm puzzled as to why he's paid to be a footballer sometimes.
Mbia on 18:35 - May 31 with 703 viewsNorthernr

Mbia on 10:54 - May 31 by HollowayRanger

very true set up BOTH goals

Indeed, Wigan at home encapsulated his potential and his big problem very nicely. Great work for our goal, ridiculously stupid foul on a man he'd (once again) allowed to run in behind him for theirs.
Mbia on 19:00 - May 31 with 691 viewsDylanP

He is a bloody embarrasment. If I never have to watch him rolling around on the floor like he's been hit by shrapnel, that will be just fine with me. And if I never have to see him blast wide/over, that too will be just fine.

Bye bye MBia and thanks for trying.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024