Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cesar offish 19:57 - Aug 29 with 3167 viewsKevinPR

QPR FC
Brazilian number one Julio Cesar has agreed a four-year deal at Loftus Road. #QPR

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/290812-cesar-deal-341908.aspx
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Cesar offish on 21:13 - Aug 29 with 892 viewsKevinPR

Lets put this on this thread as well

Cesar offish on 21:26 - Aug 29 with 838 viewsdaveB

Cesar offish on 20:28 - Aug 29 by Hayesender

I hope to Christ his head is right for Saturday

well it should be, a great chance for Green to put in a performance on Saturday and keep his place.

It is harsh on Green but if you are Mark Hughes and you are looking for a new number two keeper like Bourac and then Cesar drops on your lap on a free you are hardly going to say no
Cesar offish on 21:34 - Aug 29 with 807 viewsgueRRilla

Cesar offish on 21:13 - Aug 29 by KevinPR

That was epic. And DaveB, Cesar was an undisclosed fee, not free.
Cesar offish on 21:42 - Aug 29 with 772 viewsGloryHunter

Cesar offish on 20:07 - Aug 29 by Northernr

That's an unbelievable signing.

Not "more blood" this time then, Clive?
Cesar offish on 21:43 - Aug 29 with 767 viewsolderR

Cesar offish on 21:13 - Aug 29 by KevinPR

Someone has to do it so here goes-.
He didn't catch one ball in that clip!
Only has to have one of those balls he put back into the six yard box stuck into the back of the net and we're singing "only one Rob Green"!
Cesar offish on 21:49 - Aug 29 with 735 viewsBlackCrowe

Cesar offish on 20:41 - Aug 29 by Northernr

Well clearly Green was signed to be number one before they had any inkling that Cesar would be available and come to the club. All this 'we wanted two keepers this summer' stuff is complete bolox. We'll take a hit on Green on the basis that you cannot possibly turn a player of this quality down.

Not sure I agree...get the feeling that MH wanted both Kenny and Green to be fighting for no.1 spot only Kenny didn't want to or didn't believe that he would be anything other than back-up.

Either way, proper competition for such a crucial position seems sensible to me.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Cesar offish on 21:52 - Aug 29 with 712 viewsTW_R

We've now got 4 players that have won the Champions league in our squad (Bosingwa twice!). Who would have thought that would happen this time last season?
Cesar offish on 23:01 - Aug 29 with 643 viewsYorkRanger

Cesar offish on 21:26 - Aug 29 by daveB

well it should be, a great chance for Green to put in a performance on Saturday and keep his place.

It is harsh on Green but if you are Mark Hughes and you are looking for a new number two keeper like Bourac and then Cesar drops on your lap on a free you are hardly going to say no

Green could suddenly become a world beater but I'm not sure it will make any difference - Cesar has not come to keep the bench warm.

Its an unbelievable signing
Login to get fewer ads

Cesar offish on 23:08 - Aug 29 with 623 viewswestolian

Judging by our back 4's performances, we may have to play Green AND Cesar !

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

Cesar offish on 23:33 - Aug 29 with 573 viewsNorthernr

Cesar offish on 21:42 - Aug 29 by GloryHunter

Not "more blood" this time then, Clive?

Well it is clearly ridiculous to get rid of one adequate goalkeeper, bring in another adequate goalkeeper on four times as much money, and then replace him after four matches with a good goalkeeper on twice as much money again. But Cesar is a bit like the Cisse signing - the quality of the guy blows all arguments about his signing out of the water.
Cesar offish on 23:34 - Aug 29 with 570 viewskropotkin41

It's not like this is the first time, but this I am really struggling to understand. Blimey!

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Cesar offish on 23:48 - Aug 29 with 542 viewsJamie

Cesar offish on 23:33 - Aug 29 by Northernr

Well it is clearly ridiculous to get rid of one adequate goalkeeper, bring in another adequate goalkeeper on four times as much money, and then replace him after four matches with a good goalkeeper on twice as much money again. But Cesar is a bit like the Cisse signing - the quality of the guy blows all arguments about his signing out of the water.

Widely reported he's torn up 2 years of a €3.5m contract for a 4 year €2.5m contract and a chance to actually play.

If true its a hell of a deal and a scenario where the sub keeper is likely earning more than the starter.

The €2.5m comes from Palmeri of CNN Italy & Gazzeta Dello Sport who broke the story initially and also Nastasic to City.
Cesar offish on 00:58 - Aug 30 with 492 viewsHollowayRanger

4 year contract scares me a bit but you all seem to rate him so fingers crossed!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Cesar offish on 01:05 - Aug 30 with 485 viewsEalingRanger

This is an incredibly exciting signing, we should get some of his best years as a goalkeeper. Such a great player!
Cesar offish on 01:18 - Aug 30 with 473 viewsNorthernr

Thoughts

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/fb_news.php?storyid=1801
Cesar offish on 02:22 - Aug 30 with 437 viewsINFIRMARY

The King is dead , Long Live the King !

Poll: F@ck OFF Arry Now

Cesar offish on 02:32 - Aug 30 with 434 viewsNov77

He could take a leaf out of Cerny's book who was a model professional when he lost his place

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Cesar offish on 04:30 - Aug 30 with 414 viewsTrom

Cesar offish on 20:07 - Aug 29 by Northernr

That's an unbelievable signing.

amen brother.

Can anyone actually believe how massive this is. Shocked in a hugely positive way. One or two CBs and I can die happy.

What a journey QPR is and always has been.
Cesar offish on 07:10 - Aug 30 with 394 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Splendid this is a real.......

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Cesar offish on 08:34 - Aug 30 with 339 viewsCharlie1

Whenever Rangers have had our best periods, we've always had a top keeper between the sticks.

Green has had some unjust criticsm from fans and on here.

But this is a classy signing, quite incredible really. You have to pinch yourself at how far we've come so quickly. Amazing, thank you Tony & Amit!

I hope this is the bed rock of a solid inpenetrable spine to the team (again).

2:59 baby!

Cesar offish on 08:35 - Aug 30 with 337 viewsreal_loftus

I had a weird dream last night, dreamt that we'd signed one of the WORLD's best keepers.

Oh, wait. What?

ATAF.

Cesar offish on 09:26 - Aug 30 with 303 viewsLewes_r

If he plays like he has in the past this will make a massive difference.. Could save us a goal conceeded a game, turn 1 point to 3

Signing of the season for us sofar

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

Cesar offish on 09:38 - Aug 30 with 283 viewssimmo

Cesar offish on 23:48 - Aug 29 by Jamie

Widely reported he's torn up 2 years of a €3.5m contract for a 4 year €2.5m contract and a chance to actually play.

If true its a hell of a deal and a scenario where the sub keeper is likely earning more than the starter.

The €2.5m comes from Palmeri of CNN Italy & Gazzeta Dello Sport who broke the story initially and also Nastasic to City.

Hang on am I being completely silly in working that out to be 12k p/w??

Just looking at that in £ 2.5m over 4 years (208 weeks) is 12k. Surely that cannot be right? He would have been on 33k at Inter if the 3.5m is right!

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Cesar offish on 09:39 - Aug 30 with 280 viewsJamie

Cesar offish on 09:38 - Aug 30 by simmo

Hang on am I being completely silly in working that out to be 12k p/w??

Just looking at that in £ 2.5m over 4 years (208 weeks) is 12k. Surely that cannot be right? He would have been on 33k at Inter if the 3.5m is right!

€2.5m per year. £40k per week.
Cesar offish on 10:49 - Aug 30 with 255 viewssimmo

Cesar offish on 09:39 - Aug 30 by Jamie

€2.5m per year. £40k per week.

Ahhh OK

That makes alot more sense!

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024