Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Beer at stadiums 12:08 - Aug 17 with 4912 viewsBuck_Chilly

Hi all,

Been a lurker for many a year and have finally decided to take the plunge into the world of forums. For those interested I'm 25, studying Geology at uni and sit in South Africa Rd.

What bugs me is the crap beer they serve in the stadium. I remember being able to get a pint of Tetleys (I think?) in the old season ticket bar which wasn't bad and in the platinum bar I could get a small bottle of ale before the game but now I settle for cider poured from a pump labeled Carlsberg. Admittedly I only have to fork out 80p with the vouchers but I'd really like to see one of these premium European lagers served behind the counters.

I've noticed, mainly in post match interviews, that lots of Premier League teams have "beer partners". Mainly far eastern ones such as Chang (Everton) and Singha (Man U and Chelsea) and we have sodding Carlsberg. I did hope a few years back with all the rumours of the Kingfisher Stadium naming that we would get Kingfisher beer which I think isn't half bad, especially with a curry.

So my question to any seasoned travelling fan is:
Do any of the stadiums of the above mentioned teams sell the beer of their sponsoring partner, and does any non rugby stadium in the country sell a decent pint?

And my cheese changes week by week but I'll go for halloumi, even though I don't think of it as a cheese.
Beer at stadiums on 17:17 - Aug 17 with 912 viewskysersosaqpr

Better still that cheddar with chillies they sel in marks ... intravenously

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Beer at stadiums on 17:25 - Aug 17 with 907 viewsWeaverQPR

Should sell Estrella, top lager.

@WeavQPR

Beer at stadiums on 17:53 - Aug 17 with 897 viewsSonofNorfolt

It's not just at football.
Beer/lager drinkers get short changed here full stop.
Carling, Stella, Kronenbourg and worst of all Budweiser taste like pizz.
The Germans wouldn't put up with it.
Beer at stadiums on 18:10 - Aug 17 with 885 viewsNorthLondonR

Beer at stadiums on 17:53 - Aug 17 by SonofNorfolt

It's not just at football.
Beer/lager drinkers get short changed here full stop.
Carling, Stella, Kronenbourg and worst of all Budweiser taste like pizz.
The Germans wouldn't put up with it.

And nor should they or we for that matter...I'm behind the 100percent "concessions of a beer seller campaign"
Beer at stadiums on 18:21 - Aug 17 with 873 viewsM40R

If it's any comfort, the beer at most other Prem grounds is also poor. When we got promoted last year I was looking forward to a better service but it was mostly dire.

Sadly the only pleasant surprise one was Chelski, where they offered London Pride. Made the 6-1 go past a bit easier...
Beer at stadiums on 18:27 - Aug 17 with 867 viewsSonofNorfolt

Beer at stadiums on 18:10 - Aug 17 by NorthLondonR

And nor should they or we for that matter...I'm behind the 100percent "concessions of a beer seller campaign"

So am I.
I'll get free beer
Beer at stadiums on 18:29 - Aug 17 with 863 viewsflynnbo

Went to the Montpellier v Toulouse first game of La Ligue last Friday and you could take your beer to your seat-mind you, they also allowed smoking. Unsure of the brand of beer but they do not allow alcohol sponsorship on sports shirts as far as I'm aware.
Beer at stadiums on 19:56 - Aug 17 with 833 viewsyankranger

This is a good topic.

I absolutely hate those Carlsberg bottles, they are totally undrinkable. I always assumed they did it on purpose so people wouldn't get too smashed. They are way too gassy and carbonated. I stopped drinking at half time as a result. Saves me a lot of money over the course of a season, but the club could make some decent money if they sorted this out.

I do like the beer backpack guys though. Just a good concept.
Login to get fewer ads

Beer at stadiums on 21:21 - Aug 17 with 822 viewsBlackCrowe

Beer at stadiums on 13:55 - Aug 17 by robith

After my trip to Porto this year would very much welcome Super Bock behind the bar

Super Bock is good. Prefer Sagres.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Beer at stadiums on 21:26 - Aug 17 with 820 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I can't remember which beer I bought but the beer at Plymouth was the coldest and most refreshing I've had at a ground.

With their recent troubles though this may no longer be the case.

'The Stones' at Twickenham the beer was horrible.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Beer at stadiums on 21:28 - Aug 17 with 817 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Oh and at Metallica at Wembley..they ran out...

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Beer at stadiums on 21:31 - Aug 17 with 814 viewsNorthLondonR

Beer at stadiums on 18:27 - Aug 17 by SonofNorfolt

So am I.
I'll get free beer

I'm currently gaining momentum for tomorrow on 500 ml bottles of Furstenburg... Purchase avec morrisones por favoure.. How does one'o get'o involved'o in the el gratis bar?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024