Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea have enquiry for Dawson rejected 17:34 - May 25 with 4820 viewsSaxonDale

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11731/7778284/Baggies-rebuff-Swans-enqui
Swansea have enquiry for Dawson rejected on 18:20 - May 25 with 3679 viewsThreeLions

Good. Tinpot welshers
Swansea have enquiry for Dawson rejected on 19:01 - May 25 with 3611 viewsdingdangblue

Good - we need his next move to be massive and preferably one of the top 6 clubs (jones/smalling) to make up the money we lost giving him away.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Swansea have enquiry for Dawson rejected on 19:10 - May 25 with 3593 views442Dale

Swansea have enquiry for Dawson rejected on 19:01 - May 25 by dingdangblue

Good - we need his next move to be massive and preferably one of the top 6 clubs (jones/smalling) to make up the money we lost giving him away.

Wasn't the fee meant to have been about 600k? Hardly giving him away.

No matter how much we'd all want a million plus, we've shown time and again that getting those extras really makes the deal.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Swansea have enquiry for Dawson rejected on 19:26 - May 25 with 3561 viewsfrenzied

600k was a very fair price and we did get him back on loan as well...his next season is pivotal just hope the next manager gives him a chance if not he will move on the season after
Swansea have enquiry for Dawson rejected on 19:34 - May 25 with 3540 views442Dale

Swansea have enquiry for Dawson rejected on 19:26 - May 25 by frenzied

600k was a very fair price and we did get him back on loan as well...his next season is pivotal just hope the next manager gives him a chance if not he will move on the season after

That's a good point. Dawson had had one excellent season in league two when we sold him, we then got him back and he subsequently made the step up to league one.

Alan Reeves spent three years at Dale and was imperious throughout, we got 300k for him.

Swansea have enquiry for Dawson rejected on 21:54 - May 25 with 3410 viewspioneer

Swansea have enquiry for Dawson rejected on 19:10 - May 25 by 442Dale

Wasn't the fee meant to have been about 600k? Hardly giving him away.

No matter how much we'd all want a million plus, we've shown time and again that getting those extras really makes the deal.

Fleetwood got a million PLUS extras.

We always see extra's as part of the fee, even though they are conditional, others see extras as a bonus.
Swansea have enquiry for Dawson rejected on 22:13 - May 25 with 3392 views442Dale

Swansea have enquiry for Dawson rejected on 21:54 - May 25 by pioneer

We always see extra's as part of the fee, even though they are conditional, others see extras as a bonus.

And Rotherham got 350k for Le Fondre who had scored consistently at league level. It's all about what a particular buying team is willing to pay at any given time.

There's not one deal where we haven't got a decent deal so far, except possibly Perkins but his release clause may have dictated that.

Swansea have enquiry for Dawson rejected on 22:13 - May 25 with 3390 viewsDale92

If he was to go there it would benefit him greatly, the football they play, he would fit in like a pea in a pod. However I hope he gets a big move to a top 6 team like Spurs. But if he hasn't got first team guaranteed at west brom or more involvement, he should look at the proposition of going (for his own development), espiacially with Brendon Rodgers as there manager, he fits into his philosophy.

This is the One, I've waited for

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea have enquiry for Dawson rejected on 22:27 - May 25 with 3365 viewscrazyhorse

At 22 and only 8 appearances for West Brom, I think Dawson might consider a move away if he's going to be warming the bench for another season at West Brom. If he's as good as his England under 21 record suggests then maybe its about time he got a regular chance somewhere, A team with a few young guns and team players like Swansea might just give Dawson the regular First team experience he's probably craving.
Swansea have enquiry for Dawson rejected on 01:33 - May 26 with 3286 viewsdingdangblue

Swansea have enquiry for Dawson rejected on 19:34 - May 25 by 442Dale

That's a good point. Dawson had had one excellent season in league two when we sold him, we then got him back and he subsequently made the step up to league one.

Alan Reeves spent three years at Dale and was imperious throughout, we got 300k for him.

As good as Alan Reeves was back then - Dawson has far more about him - he just oozes class and I could tell the 1st game I saw him play for dale he was special. You only have to see the impact he's made for the u21's. He's arguably been better than Martin Kelly who is now in the full squad v Norway! It shouldve been 1million plus add ons for me also. We'll never see his like again at Spotland.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Swansea have enquiry for Dawson rejected on 07:40 - May 26 with 3244 viewslurker

Rumour is Jonas Olsson will be leaving West Brom in the summer with West Ham interested, so depending on who the new manager is there could be a big opportunity for CD to break into the 1st team next season.

Ideally there would be a return to WBA for Di Matteo as we know he rates CD.
However, if it is Ranieri and Wilkins as is rumoured then I would be drafting my transfer request right now if I were Craig!!
Swansea have enquiry for Dawson rejected on 08:10 - May 26 with 3222 views442Dale

Swansea have enquiry for Dawson rejected on 01:33 - May 26 by dingdangblue

As good as Alan Reeves was back then - Dawson has far more about him - he just oozes class and I could tell the 1st game I saw him play for dale he was special. You only have to see the impact he's made for the u21's. He's arguably been better than Martin Kelly who is now in the full squad v Norway! It shouldve been 1million plus add ons for me also. We'll never see his like again at Spotland.

As good as Dawson is, and he us better than Reeves, that solitary season as a pro will influence the price.

Basically, if the deal is potentially worth more by getting a lower fee initially then history has proven we were right to sell him, and others, for the fees we have. Maybe WBA wouldn't have agreed to all the add ons if the initial price has been more so it's impossible to say we didn't get enough.

Swansea have enquiry for Dawson rejected on 08:20 - May 26 with 3218 viewsColDale

The problem with the prices paid is that we never have a queue of clubs competing for the deal.
Swansea have enquiry for Dawson rejected on 08:53 - May 26 with 3200 viewselectricblue

My view is that if Ranieri gets the nod then my money is on WBA to go down...
Ranieri isnt in the same class as Roy..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Swansea have enquiry for Dawson rejected on 12:44 - May 26 with 3098 viewsdingdangblue

Swansea have enquiry for Dawson rejected on 08:20 - May 26 by ColDale

The problem with the prices paid is that we never have a queue of clubs competing for the deal.

You could argue we sold him too soon then, I know its difficult for us to turn down any decent offers for any of our players but Craig wasnt any ordinary player and we all know that. Just look at the impact he's had already with the under 21's playing alongside players already valued at 10mill + ! He had just signed a new contract with us - maybe that 2nd season moving up to lge 1 and playing against better players with more media coverage we couldve got that 1mill and a few more clubs interested? If you asked West Brom Id guess they believe they got themselves a bargain.

Swansea have enquiry for Dawson rejected on 14:16 - May 26 with 3038 views442Dale

Swansea have enquiry for Dawson rejected on 12:44 - May 26 by dingdangblue

You could argue we sold him too soon then, I know its difficult for us to turn down any decent offers for any of our players but Craig wasnt any ordinary player and we all know that. Just look at the impact he's had already with the under 21's playing alongside players already valued at 10mill + ! He had just signed a new contract with us - maybe that 2nd season moving up to lge 1 and playing against better players with more media coverage we couldve got that 1mill and a few more clubs interested? If you asked West Brom Id guess they believe they got themselves a bargain.

Maybe if he hadn't decided to put in a transfer request that could have happened. Everyone got what they wanted from the move.

Swansea have enquiry for Dawson rejected on 15:03 - May 26 with 3013 viewsdingdangblue

Swansea have enquiry for Dawson rejected on 14:16 - May 26 by 442Dale

Maybe if he hadn't decided to put in a transfer request that could have happened. Everyone got what they wanted from the move.

If my memory serves me right he put in the transfer request when we turned down Middlesboro's 300k offer - Nothing wrong with that - guess he and his agent were trying to put him on the market to get other clubs bidding? We still didnt have to accept? Couldve got more bids in jan?

Swansea have enquiry for Dawson rejected on 15:07 - May 26 with 3005 viewsolympicdale

Swansea have enquiry for Dawson rejected on 21:54 - May 25 by pioneer

Leicester city dont seem to understand transfer fees, always pay well over the odds for anyone.

Life is a game of fate.

Swansea have enquiry for Dawson rejected on 15:09 - May 26 with 3006 views442Dale

Swansea have enquiry for Dawson rejected on 15:03 - May 26 by dingdangblue

If my memory serves me right he put in the transfer request when we turned down Middlesboro's 300k offer - Nothing wrong with that - guess he and his agent were trying to put him on the market to get other clubs bidding? We still didnt have to accept? Couldve got more bids in jan?

The minute a player indicates they want to leave then you do something about it. Whether that's give him a new deal on silly money like Rooney, or selling him, you don't just ignore it.

We got him back for another season, that in itself made the deal worth more. Imagine a back four without Dawson that first season in League 1, we'd have had to spend good money just to replace him.

Swansea have enquiry for Dawson rejected on 16:13 - May 26 with 2991 viewspioneer

Swansea have enquiry for Dawson rejected on 15:07 - May 26 by olympicdale

Leicester city dont seem to understand transfer fees, always pay well over the odds for anyone.

Flettwood is just one example, other small clubs also get seven figure fees for players - didnt Bournemouth sell someone for that.

And its not just Leicester either.
Swansea have enquiry for Dawson rejected on 17:35 - May 26 with 2953 views442Dale

Swansea have enquiry for Dawson rejected on 16:13 - May 26 by pioneer

Flettwood is just one example, other small clubs also get seven figure fees for players - didnt Bournemouth sell someone for that.

And its not just Leicester either.

Ings went to Burnley and a million was mentioned. Not to be believed according to the Turf Moor regulars.

The Lambert deal is a great example of why initial fees don't matter that much - we've probably doubled our money since he's left. He's still earning us money nearly six years later.

Swansea have enquiry for Dawson rejected on 21:51 - May 26 with 2863 viewsmidlandsdale

Swansea have enquiry for Dawson rejected on 08:53 - May 26 by electricblue

My view is that if Ranieri gets the nod then my money is on WBA to go down...
Ranieri isnt in the same class as Roy..

Shouldnt that be Wanieri isnt as good as Woy!
Swansea have enquiry for Dawson rejected on 00:53 - May 27 with 2828 viewsdingdangblue

Swansea have enquiry for Dawson rejected on 15:09 - May 26 by 442Dale

The minute a player indicates they want to leave then you do something about it. Whether that's give him a new deal on silly money like Rooney, or selling him, you don't just ignore it.

We got him back for another season, that in itself made the deal worth more. Imagine a back four without Dawson that first season in League 1, we'd have had to spend good money just to replace him.

Still wouldve preferred 1mill + add ons and Josh Thompson couldve done a job for us - obviously not Craigs class but decent enough.

Swansea have enquiry for Dawson rejected on 09:29 - May 27 with 2771 viewsdownunder

Swansea have enquiry for Dawson rejected on 21:51 - May 26 by midlandsdale

Shouldnt that be Wanieri isnt as good as Woy!

Which weminds me of...

Swansea have enquiry for Dawson rejected on 11:24 - May 28 with 2586 viewsMorden

Swansea have enquiry for Dawson rejected on 19:01 - May 25 by dingdangblue

I suppose it depends on who at Swansea initiated the move on Dawson. If Rogers accepts the Liverpool job, then he might be interested to take Craig there instead.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024