Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
WBA Tickets 20:19 - Mar 20 with 2308 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Why only 1400 tickets? Seems a bit on the low side.
WBA Tickets on 15:08 - Mar 21 with 468 viewsYorkRanger

WBA Tickets on 15:01 - Mar 21 by Northernr

Yes, like I say, why would we suddenly need a whole load more tickets for this game when we haven't previously? Where are all these new people suddenly coming from?

We're a small club with a small hard core support, we're not playing well, tickets are expensive, people have other things to spend money on and worry about. I don't see why 1,400 is a low allocation, it's about par for our course.

This was my point - every thread on away ticket allocation ends up in the same debate.

Surely we could all agree that for a critical game in the Midlands that our Premiership future depends on we may want more tickets than 1400, even if that is how many we've taken to other "similar" away matches.

If we ever reached a cup semi final at Wembley would we say that we didn't want our full ticket allocation because we are a small club with a loyal hard core away following - or would we accept that the importance of the game may generate a higher demand for tickets.

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
WBA Tickets on 15:10 - Mar 21 with 465 viewsNorthernr

And can I also point out that that thread is rather redundant anyway because this is our "initial" allocation according to the club. So if we need more, and I hope we do, we can have them.

There, isn't that all lovely?

The original post said the allocation seemed low. I disagreed with it because of our attendances so far this season. I really don't see where all the rest of this anger is coming from or why!
WBA Tickets on 15:11 - Mar 21 with 462 viewsNorthernr

WBA Tickets on 15:08 - Mar 21 by YorkRanger

This was my point - every thread on away ticket allocation ends up in the same debate.

Surely we could all agree that for a critical game in the Midlands that our Premiership future depends on we may want more tickets than 1400, even if that is how many we've taken to other "similar" away matches.

If we ever reached a cup semi final at Wembley would we say that we didn't want our full ticket allocation because we are a small club with a loyal hard core away following - or would we accept that the importance of the game may generate a higher demand for tickets.

No I am aware that we'd want more than our average travelling support if we got to a cup final. I'm a bit mystified by this thread to be honest, lots of people putting words in my mouth.
WBA Tickets on 15:16 - Mar 21 with 447 viewsYorkRanger

WBA Tickets on 15:11 - Mar 21 by Northernr

No I am aware that we'd want more than our average travelling support if we got to a cup final. I'm a bit mystified by this thread to be honest, lots of people putting words in my mouth.

I don't think I have put words in your mouth Clive, but naturally If I have I apologise.

One final thought - lets hope after Saturday we still have sufficient demand for the 1400 tickets let alone more than that...
WBA Tickets on 15:19 - Mar 21 with 442 viewsW7Ranger

WBA Tickets on 15:01 - Mar 21 by Northernr

Yes, like I say, why would we suddenly need a whole load more tickets for this game when we haven't previously? Where are all these new people suddenly coming from?

We're a small club with a small hard core support, we're not playing well, tickets are expensive, people have other things to spend money on and worry about. I don't see why 1,400 is a low allocation, it's about par for our course.

I think you're being a bit harsh on the "hardcore" support as you put it. As has been said, it's fairly easy to get to and the away support has been generally pretty good this season I believe (I could be wrong but I believe it's been pretty good) and it's potentially quite a big (and winnable?) game for us. Someone asked the question about the allocation, then you go off on one about not selling out for certain fixtures (2 of which are home fixtures anyway so are not even relevant to original question about away allocation!).

I'm afraid to say it does come across that you have a certain amout of disrespect for our wider fanbase because for whatever there personal circumstances don't allow them to go to as many fixtures as you.
WBA Tickets on 15:19 - Mar 21 with 442 viewsSharpy

Not sure why everyone is moaning, we were relegated 10 games ago.Save your money for next seasons new Dab radio.

Once you`ve had black, you never go back !

WBA Tickets on 15:23 - Mar 21 with 432 viewsRangersw12

WBA Tickets on 15:06 - Mar 21 by Northernr

You're comparing getting to a cup final with a mid April away game at West Bromwich Albion prior to a likely relegation?

I think your missing the point completely

WBA Tickets on 15:23 - Mar 21 with 432 viewsbenbu

The 1400 is an 'initial' allocation as already mentioned on here. If we need more we will get more tickets. I was surprised that they went on general sale the day after they announced them though. The fact thats its not just 1400 tickets and will likely to be increased, anything over 2000 should be good enough for this fixture. I think our away support has been very good this season. The Everton game I thought would have been more than 1500 but can see why on BH weekend Wigan was only 1800. I was disappointed that Chelsea in the cup didnt sell out but £40 that time of the year i also understand isnt cheap. We only have 200 tickets restricted view left tonight again for over £40!! some will be sold tonight too so it will almost be a full house.

for playing as badly as we have, the price of the tickets and being in bottom 3 our crowds have actually been pretty decent, especially away from home.
Login to get fewer ads

WBA Tickets on 15:24 - Mar 21 with 428 viewsNorthernr

WBA Tickets on 15:19 - Mar 21 by W7Ranger

I think you're being a bit harsh on the "hardcore" support as you put it. As has been said, it's fairly easy to get to and the away support has been generally pretty good this season I believe (I could be wrong but I believe it's been pretty good) and it's potentially quite a big (and winnable?) game for us. Someone asked the question about the allocation, then you go off on one about not selling out for certain fixtures (2 of which are home fixtures anyway so are not even relevant to original question about away allocation!).

I'm afraid to say it does come across that you have a certain amout of disrespect for our wider fanbase because for whatever there personal circumstances don't allow them to go to as many fixtures as you.

I haven't gone off on one at all, I think your original post fits quite nicely into that description.

And I have nothing but respect for anybody who pays QPR even a passing glance. It's a dreadful club to follow really - high ticket prices, hardly any on field success, constantly sht on by owners - so anybody who does so in any way at all is a bloody saint as far as I'm concerned whether they go to every match or listen occasionally on the radio.

I have, in the past, been annoyed when a big game has come along (leeds H last season) and people have moaned about how unfair it was they couldn't get a ticket when they'd hardly been to a game all season prior to that.

But that isn't the case on this thread where I simply pointed out that we've had bigger occasions than West Brom away this season that we haven't sold out so I don't see why we need a shed load of tickets at the Hawthorns.
WBA Tickets on 15:45 - Mar 21 with 401 viewsW7Ranger

WBA Tickets on 15:24 - Mar 21 by Northernr

I haven't gone off on one at all, I think your original post fits quite nicely into that description.

And I have nothing but respect for anybody who pays QPR even a passing glance. It's a dreadful club to follow really - high ticket prices, hardly any on field success, constantly sht on by owners - so anybody who does so in any way at all is a bloody saint as far as I'm concerned whether they go to every match or listen occasionally on the radio.

I have, in the past, been annoyed when a big game has come along (leeds H last season) and people have moaned about how unfair it was they couldn't get a ticket when they'd hardly been to a game all season prior to that.

But that isn't the case on this thread where I simply pointed out that we've had bigger occasions than West Brom away this season that we haven't sold out so I don't see why we need a shed load of tickets at the Hawthorns.

"where the fck have you been?"

Maybe reading that on the end of your original post about our lack of support for certain fixtures has rubbed a few posters up the wrong way...me included.

I managed to get to about 5 games last season, 2 of them were the last 2 home games against Hull and Leeds. If I managed to get tickets before someone else who'd been to more games than me last year then I'm sorry but them's the breaks. I made every effort to get these games and it's unfortunate that in some cases fans will miss out. It's happened to me in the past and I just have to accept that it's no one else fault but mine. It also means that supporters like me who to a certain extent have to pick and choose games get a bit of a bad press because we've taken someone's else tickets who've been to more games. On the flip side, fans like me are then slated if we don't buy tickets if it's not sold out!!! Seems we're wanted when we're struggling to sell, but not wanted when tickets are in high demand.

Either way, us "pick and choose" fans will always be treated with contempt by those "hardcore" fans who do go every week.

Just to add, I've probably watched us more times in the lower leagues than in the Prem!! So I can promise you, it's particularly frustrating for me but there you go. My young family comes first.
WBA Tickets on 15:52 - Mar 21 with 389 viewsNorthernr

WBA Tickets on 15:45 - Mar 21 by W7Ranger

"where the fck have you been?"

Maybe reading that on the end of your original post about our lack of support for certain fixtures has rubbed a few posters up the wrong way...me included.

I managed to get to about 5 games last season, 2 of them were the last 2 home games against Hull and Leeds. If I managed to get tickets before someone else who'd been to more games than me last year then I'm sorry but them's the breaks. I made every effort to get these games and it's unfortunate that in some cases fans will miss out. It's happened to me in the past and I just have to accept that it's no one else fault but mine. It also means that supporters like me who to a certain extent have to pick and choose games get a bit of a bad press because we've taken someone's else tickets who've been to more games. On the flip side, fans like me are then slated if we don't buy tickets if it's not sold out!!! Seems we're wanted when we're struggling to sell, but not wanted when tickets are in high demand.

Either way, us "pick and choose" fans will always be treated with contempt by those "hardcore" fans who do go every week.

Just to add, I've probably watched us more times in the lower leagues than in the Prem!! So I can promise you, it's particularly frustrating for me but there you go. My young family comes first.

It wasn't intended to rub anybody up the wrong way, I was merely pointing out we've had bigger occasions this season than West Brom that haven't sold out so I don't see why thousands of people would suddenly want to go to Hawthorns - time of season, price and distance all taken into account.

"If I managed to get tickets before someone else who'd been to more games than me last year then I'm sorry but them's the breaks. I made every effort to get these games and it's unfortunate that in some cases fans will miss out. It's happened to me in the past and I just have to accept that it's no one else fault but mine."

I agree with you.

"My young family comes first."

Of course, nobody is saying they shouldn't.

I really think you're trying to argue with me here over something I haven't said and don't actually believe!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024