Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Calf Curse 20:05 - Oct 24 with 2838 viewsdavman

Frey out for a few weeks.

Oh ffffffuuuuuccccckkkkkk!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

The Calf Curse on 07:22 - Oct 25 with 972 viewsGus_iom

The Calf Curse on 21:20 - Oct 24 by PlanetHonneywood

Only needs The Chef to enter the "frey' and its on!

There's an image I didn't need.
The Calf Curse on 07:43 - Oct 25 with 943 viewsdavman

The Calf Curse on 22:11 - Oct 24 by HAYESBOY

Paal as well.

Who cares about that? Saito and Bennie have been better than him in their two cameos anyway.

Bloke can't defend and can't attack...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

The Calf Curse on 07:52 - Oct 25 with 920 viewsthehat

Paal could be a blessing in disguise - He has been poor all season and teams know that and target our left hand side. He also offers very little going forward.
The Calf Curse on 08:13 - Oct 25 with 870 viewsPdog

As crazy as it may sound, Fox may need to come in at LB (LCB if 3 at the back).

Until last week Fox was considered a reliable and useful alternative, he needs to get the monkey off his back and play again at some point. He's an experienced head, bit of a unit and will surely be on high alert to avoid mistakes like last week.

Saito wont play LB in a back 4 away at Burnley, done well at WB so lets see. Either way i see Fox getting some minutes in Paal's absence.
The Calf Curse on 08:38 - Oct 25 with 803 viewsGus_iom

The Calf Curse on 07:52 - Oct 25 by thehat

Paal could be a blessing in disguise - He has been poor all season and teams know that and target our left hand side. He also offers very little going forward.

Let's see what happens when teams prepare for him and actively target him
The Calf Curse on 09:07 - Oct 25 with 743 viewsBluce_Ree

Not ideal but it's weird that we sold a 1 goal in 4 games physically intimidating striker and are now worrying about an injury to a 1 in 4 physically intimidating striker.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

The Calf Curse on 09:54 - Oct 25 with 651 viewsjohnhoop

I know Dykes had plenty of critics but the decision to let him go looks worse with every passing week.
The Calf Curse on 12:45 - Oct 25 with 486 viewsderbyhoop

The Calf Curse on 09:07 - Oct 25 by Bluce_Ree

Not ideal but it's weird that we sold a 1 goal in 4 games physically intimidating striker and are now worrying about an injury to a 1 in 4 physically intimidating striker.

That's because he is the most effective Championship striker we have. Fairly low bar, though.

Perhaps we'll see Kolli back in the squad

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one's lifetime." (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop and now on Bluesky

Login to get fewer ads

The Calf Curse on 12:57 - Oct 25 with 441 viewsqpr1976

The Calf Curse on 09:54 - Oct 25 by johnhoop

I know Dykes had plenty of critics but the decision to let him go looks worse with every passing week.

Probably sold because we needed money in and there were no better offers elsewhere. Same with Sincs.Financially we have little choice but to consider any offers.
The Calf Curse on 13:12 - Oct 25 with 377 viewsrbee

The Calf Curse on 07:18 - Oct 25 by numptydumpty

Ben Williams had been offered a role in the United States in Brooklyn in the NBA.

How is he still involved here.

Can't see this being a job that can be done remotely.
[Post edited 25 Oct 7:23]

I can only repeat what I already told you

Ben Williams is still around but not a full time employee, he oversees the department.

He also has this role with the Brooklyn Nets in the NBA.
The Calf Curse on 13:29 - Oct 25 with 333 viewsgazza1

A few things......

I am sure nobody hates Celar, they think that he is struggling with Championship football.

Please do not bring Dykes into this (no point), he wasn't very good either and I was one of his biggest critics but I never hated him. He is gone and I am pleased about that, it will give others an opportunity.

Frey has been doing OK this season and played well against Portsmouth. Also important for us because we have not got a good replacement.

Fox could well be the LB for the match. He was poor for the 2 goals against Pompey but I have not been too disappointed with him in the past.....so LB for me.

As for 'slating' Paal, he is a decent player, a good footballer and will be missed. His availability since coming here has been excellent.

If we win at Burnley with so many important players missing the team will need to play very well and Burnley poorly.
The Calf Curse on 13:30 - Oct 25 with 322 viewsNorthernr

The Calf Curse on 13:12 - Oct 25 by rbee

I can only repeat what I already told you

Ben Williams is still around but not a full time employee, he oversees the department.

He also has this role with the Brooklyn Nets in the NBA.

Mostly based in Dubai. Nice gig.
The Calf Curse on 13:36 - Oct 25 with 290 viewsSuperhoop83

Paal always looks half asleep and puts me in mind of Dylan from The Magic Roundabout.

Suffering since 1978.

The Calf Curse on 13:39 - Oct 25 with 281 viewsrbee

The Calf Curse on 13:30 - Oct 25 by Northernr

Mostly based in Dubai. Nice gig.

A third role for someone over there?
The Calf Curse on 13:42 - Oct 25 with 255 viewsstainrods_elbow

The Calf Curse on 13:36 - Oct 25 by Superhoop83

Paal always looks half asleep and puts me in mind of Dylan from The Magic Roundabout.

I'd have Madsen down as Florence!

Do any other posters have interesting or amusing associations of Rs players with 1970s children's TV? It might be more fun than watching the team on Saturday.
[Post edited 25 Oct 14:59]

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

The Calf Curse on 13:45 - Oct 25 with 239 viewsNorthernr

The Calf Curse on 13:39 - Oct 25 by rbee

A third role for someone over there?

Well from what we were told post fans forum he's overseeing performance for us, Brooklyn Nets, a role at Ineos as well, and that this is fairly common in the performance sphere. TBH with you I'm taking everything we're told at the moment with heaps of salt, and you should too.

We've promoted somebody on the ground full time here, which I believe is Mike Main (one of the many 'performance' peeps on the team photo, Ben Williams not on the photo of course, though still on the website), and due to personal reasons Williams has been spending more and more of his time in Dubai.

This post has been edited by an administrator
The Calf Curse on 14:00 - Oct 25 with 199 viewsnumptydumpty

The Calf Curse on 13:45 - Oct 25 by Northernr

Well from what we were told post fans forum he's overseeing performance for us, Brooklyn Nets, a role at Ineos as well, and that this is fairly common in the performance sphere. TBH with you I'm taking everything we're told at the moment with heaps of salt, and you should too.

We've promoted somebody on the ground full time here, which I believe is Mike Main (one of the many 'performance' peeps on the team photo, Ben Williams not on the photo of course, though still on the website), and due to personal reasons Williams has been spending more and more of his time in Dubai.

Definitely then a much more limited role here than previously. Considering he not in our continent. And even if its common now in this field, I would think working fully remote is never going to be as effective as the individual that lives down the street.

The joys of working remotely.

Have seen fully remote GP roles being advertised at nigh on 100 grand for the year.

Again am.slightly cynical to such fully remote roles as being completely effective..

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

The Calf Curse on 14:11 - Oct 25 with 174 viewsrbee

The Calf Curse on 14:00 - Oct 25 by numptydumpty

Definitely then a much more limited role here than previously. Considering he not in our continent. And even if its common now in this field, I would think working fully remote is never going to be as effective as the individual that lives down the street.

The joys of working remotely.

Have seen fully remote GP roles being advertised at nigh on 100 grand for the year.

Again am.slightly cynical to such fully remote roles as being completely effective..

Given the picture that is emerging he has likely been working remotely for us the past fifteen months!

The Brooklyn Nets must have been happy with this arrangement.

It will be interesting to compare our injury record at the end of this season to last seasons.
The Calf Curse on 14:23 - Oct 25 with 144 viewslassel

The Calf Curse on 13:45 - Oct 25 by Northernr

With the obvious proviso that I may be wide of the mark, and we wouldn’t know anyway as we aren’t allowed to know how things work, my assumption was always that as ‘Head of’ WillIams’ job was to design and implement the fitness regime but he wasn’t himself out on the grass day to day with the team.

Assuming that’s true it wouldn’t be out of the realms of possibility that he can do a similar job on a consultant basis from abroad presumably focused more on the likes of JCS and his specific needs with the newly promoted guy taking charge for the majority of the squad.

But then again, who knows, maybe he was out there everyday with the lads and then giving them a massage each after the session himself.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024