Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Smyth, Half Turn, Cut Back and Subbed Off! 22:31 - Oct 22 with 719 viewsParkRoyalR

Smyth finally does what we've been asking,

Opens his body on the Half Turn so when he receives the ball he can go forward and not just backwards and...

Gets a yard on his man, ahead of the support and finally cuts it back rather than whack it across the line 10 yards ahead of the support and.....

Marti subs him off, brings on a Right Back and we lost our pace, threat and all momentum to go on and win the game.

Marti always has and continues to make some very odd decisions!

Much better all round tho.
Smyth, Half Turn, Cut Back and Subbed Off! on 22:33 - Oct 22 with 694 viewsRangersw12

Like I said on another thread the only reason I can see taking Smyth off was due to "sports science"
Smyth, Half Turn, Cut Back and Subbed Off! on 22:34 - Oct 22 with 665 viewsdannyblue

Smyth, Half Turn, Cut Back and Subbed Off! on 22:33 - Oct 22 by Rangersw12

Like I said on another thread the only reason I can see taking Smyth off was due to "sports science"

He was cramping before, stretching a lot. All of them looked knackered at the end.
Smyth, Half Turn, Cut Back and Subbed Off! on 22:37 - Oct 22 with 629 viewsBrianMcCarthy

It had to be that, and I suspect we'll learn that in time. Syth didn't look upset coming off either.

Thought he played well in that second half, some nice crosses. The failure to get Andersen away, though, was really bad.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Smyth, Half Turn, Cut Back and Subbed Off! on 22:37 - Oct 22 with 621 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Smyth, Half Turn, Cut Back and Subbed Off! on 22:34 - Oct 22 by dannyblue

He was cramping before, stretching a lot. All of them looked knackered at the end.

Thanks Danny. Good info.

Smyth, Half Turn, Cut Back and Subbed Off! on 22:45 - Oct 22 with 545 viewsParkRoyalR

Smyth, Half Turn, Cut Back and Subbed Off! on 22:37 - Oct 22 by BrianMcCarthy

It had to be that, and I suspect we'll learn that in time. Syth didn't look upset coming off either.

Thought he played well in that second half, some nice crosses. The failure to get Andersen away, though, was really bad.

If that was the counter attack in the 2nd Half I thought he travelled well with the ball and attempted the pass at the right time but defender anticipated and made a good block, didn't have best view of it mind.
Smyth, Half Turn, Cut Back and Subbed Off! on 22:51 - Oct 22 with 496 viewsMyke

Probably that. But Marti could also have been trying to get Saito further up the pitch by bringing on the Newcastle lad. Thought he was excellent first half, but penned back in the second. Thought Anderson was decent when he came on. Dembele's regression is alarming
Smyth, Half Turn, Cut Back and Subbed Off! on 22:54 - Oct 22 with 456 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Smyth, Half Turn, Cut Back and Subbed Off! on 22:45 - Oct 22 by ParkRoyalR

If that was the counter attack in the 2nd Half I thought he travelled well with the ball and attempted the pass at the right time but defender anticipated and made a good block, didn't have best view of it mind.

I thought the pass should have been long gone, Parky. Couldn't believe he was holding on to it for so long.

Smyth, Half Turn, Cut Back and Subbed Off! on 22:57 - Oct 22 with 412 viewsaston_hoop

Smyth, Half Turn, Cut Back and Subbed Off! on 22:45 - Oct 22 by ParkRoyalR

Thought he needed to release the ball much earlier from my view on the telly, but its easy to say that with the benefit of highlights. Smyth was fine, did was he's supposed to do. Probably mis-hit the cross for Morgan trying to pick out Celar but deserves the luck for trying in the first place. If he played like that second half more often (first half he was anonymous), then all the better for him and us.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Login to get fewer ads

Smyth, Half Turn, Cut Back and Subbed Off! on 23:12 - Oct 22 with 326 viewsnumptydumpty

Smyth, Half Turn, Cut Back and Subbed Off! on 22:57 - Oct 22 by aston_hoop

Thought he needed to release the ball much earlier from my view on the telly, but its easy to say that with the benefit of highlights. Smyth was fine, did was he's supposed to do. Probably mis-hit the cross for Morgan trying to pick out Celar but deserves the luck for trying in the first place. If he played like that second half more often (first half he was anonymous), then all the better for him and us.

No point crossing to Celar.

He stops running if he is set up with a chance.

We have had some average strikers in recent times but think currently his performances put him top of the pile of dung !!!

Bring back Lyndon !!!

Yes and agree with others Smyth expected to come off as picked up a niggle. Otherwise that sub was not correct
[Post edited 22 Oct 23:14]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Smyth, Half Turn, Cut Back and Subbed Off! on 23:18 - Oct 22 with 280 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

That break summed Smyth up. Anderson to his right, Celar(i think) to his left, 3v2.

And finds neither.
Smyth, Half Turn, Cut Back and Subbed Off! on 23:31 - Oct 22 with 216 viewsstainrods_elbow

Really harsh considering he set up the goal and was a thorn in their side (almost) all night.

Haters will be haters etc.

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Smyth, Half Turn, Cut Back and Subbed Off! on 23:40 - Oct 22 with 147 viewsbaz_qpr

He had cramp. Best game for a while from Smyth and a half decent striker would have been in the right place for one of those crosses
Smyth, Half Turn, Cut Back and Subbed Off! on 23:43 - Oct 22 with 126 viewsWatford_Ranger

Fair enough if he had to come off but I don’t get Ashby over Santos, who is actually our player and I’d argue at worst as good as Ashby.
Smyth, Half Turn, Cut Back and Subbed Off! on 00:00 - Oct 23 with 60 viewsLazyFan

Smyth, Half Turn, Cut Back and Subbed Off! on 23:40 - Oct 22 by baz_qpr

He had cramp. Best game for a while from Smyth and a half decent striker would have been in the right place for one of those crosses

This. He defo was done.

After being subbed I saw him hobble down the tunnel just before game end. He was limping.

So, he had to be subbed. Also correct to say Ashby did feck all. If Dembele is gonna play in the middle, then we need Smyth on the wing to pin them back. They dare not take risks going forward otherwise Smyth will speed past them as he did anyway.

Managed to actually get an assist and he did see Morgan who called for it.

zzzzzzzzzz

Smyth, Half Turn, Cut Back and Subbed Off! on 00:22 - Oct 23 with 26 viewsStanisgod

Defender actually did well to.block, credit where it due sometimes.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Smyth, Half Turn, Cut Back and Subbed Off! on 00:34 - Oct 23 with 2 viewsHooping_Mad

He was better, Celar could have stuck a leg out once or twice given the effort.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Smyth, Half Turn, Cut Back and Subbed Off! on 00:36 - Oct 23 with 1 viewsmart_Goblin

Smyth, Half Turn, Cut Back and Subbed Off! on 00:00 - Oct 23 by LazyFan

This. He defo was done.

After being subbed I saw him hobble down the tunnel just before game end. He was limping.

So, he had to be subbed. Also correct to say Ashby did feck all. If Dembele is gonna play in the middle, then we need Smyth on the wing to pin them back. They dare not take risks going forward otherwise Smyth will speed past them as he did anyway.

Managed to actually get an assist and he did see Morgan who called for it.

Yep. Limped around the pitch when he came off.

Not hard to spot he had a problem really, even if it was only cramp
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024