Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Celar - Nothing Again 22:01 - Oct 22 with 1688 viewsNorthantsHoop

Is he just a dud or not interested, Lloyd looked much more up for it when he came on.
Celar - Nothing Again on 22:07 - Oct 22 with 1332 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Really? Thought Lloyd was pretty poor. No better than Celar.
Celar - Nothing Again on 22:09 - Oct 22 with 1299 viewscorse

Celar did ok.
Celar - Nothing Again on 22:13 - Oct 22 with 1226 viewsStanisgod

Smyth wouldn't agree second half.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Celar - Nothing Again on 22:15 - Oct 22 with 1185 viewsNorthantsHoop

Celar - Nothing Again on 22:09 - Oct 22 by corse

Celar did ok.

We all see things differently, yet to be convinced he will do anything as our main striker does not look on it to me.
Celar - Nothing Again on 22:20 - Oct 22 with 1082 viewsRangersw12

We've bought another striker who needs chances on a plate otherwise he will do nothing

Might aswell give him a run of games though to see what he's made of
Celar - Nothing Again on 22:20 - Oct 22 with 1083 viewsaston_hoop

Celar - Nothing Again on 22:13 - Oct 22 by Stanisgod

His best cross to Celar was so mis-hit, it found Kieran Morgan....

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Celar - Nothing Again on 22:21 - Oct 22 with 1050 viewsstrikerace

I vote for dud. Might as well play a defender instead, he offers no pace, no touch, and never gets to any ball. Its amazing how he is always 2nd or 3rd to the ball
Celar - Nothing Again on 22:22 - Oct 22 with 1040 viewsozexile

Celar - Nothing Again on 22:15 - Oct 22 by NorthantsHoop

We all see things differently, yet to be convinced he will do anything as our main striker does not look on it to me.

He has that fantastic ability to be in the completely wrong spot constantly. Washington had it too.
Login to get fewer ads

Celar - Nothing Again on 22:22 - Oct 22 with 1029 viewsnumptydumpty

I very very rarely call out a player or trash any particular player as generally most I know are giving it their all. Some lack quality but there are some aspects of their game are OK.

Celars performance was absolutely pathetic.

Challenges no one. Doesn't run onto or anticipate any crosses. Doesn't ever press the opposition or the goalkeeper when they have possession. Actually moves away from the ball always. Probably one of our more highly paid players. I have given up on him completely. He does absolutely nothing. I think he has the look of a player that could be decent but there is zero effort for me. It was embarrassingly poor.

i would have Lloyd Frey and Kolli all ahead of him. If I am wrong I would be massively surprised.

Two words i would use for Jan Celar - ANONYMOUS & INVISIBLE

He had a big chance tonight.

It's not even that you feel if only he could get a goal, thi gs could change for him. He is not trying for me.

People have had a few goes at Madsen. He is in the game sometimes and already has two goals and an assist but I get the impression he tries and could do better eventually in games.

Celar was his 14th appearance. He has hardly had an attempt on goal in those games, let alone a shot on target.

Appalling.

I was watching him throughout as the performance was truly awful. Love to be proved wrong but I can't see him ever achieving anything here.

It's the lack of effort that is the most irritating for me regards this player.
[Post edited 22 Oct 22:26]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Celar - Nothing Again on 22:24 - Oct 22 with 963 viewsstainrods_elbow

Celar - Nothing Again on 22:13 - Oct 22 by Stanisgod

Yes, it was heartening to see Smyth bawling him out! Let's hope he (Celar) follows Madsen onto the subs bench (at best) on Saturday, or, better yet, gets axed from the squad entirely!

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Celar - Nothing Again on 22:26 - Oct 22 with 921 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Celar - Nothing Again on 22:22 - Oct 22 by numptydumpty

I very very rarely call out a player or trash any particular player as generally most I know are giving it their all. Some lack quality but there are some aspects of their game are OK.

Celars performance was absolutely pathetic.

Challenges no one. Doesn't run onto or anticipate any crosses. Doesn't ever press the opposition or the goalkeeper when they have possession. Actually moves away from the ball always. Probably one of our more highly paid players. I have given up on him completely. He does absolutely nothing. I think he has the look of a player that could be decent but there is zero effort for me. It was embarrassingly poor.

i would have Lloyd Frey and Kolli all ahead of him. If I am wrong I would be massively surprised.

Two words i would use for Jan Celar - ANONYMOUS & INVISIBLE

He had a big chance tonight.

It's not even that you feel if only he could get a goal, thi gs could change for him. He is not trying for me.

People have had a few goes at Madsen. He is in the game sometimes and already has two goals and an assist but I get the impression he tries and could do better eventually in games.

Celar was his 14th appearance. He has hardly had an attempt on goal in those games, let alone a shot on target.

Appalling.

I was watching him throughout as the performance was truly awful. Love to be proved wrong but I can't see him ever achieving anything here.

It's the lack of effort that is the most irritating for me regards this player.

Watch his diagonal run from the centre to behind the right centre back. He made that run several times, yet the pass never came. When it did, from Salter, it was delayed, resulting in Celar checking and then being caught offside.

It makes him look a twonk, but it is the lack of quality service. We've got to give him time.
Celar - Nothing Again on 22:29 - Oct 22 with 870 viewsnumptydumpty

Celar - Nothing Again on 22:26 - Oct 22 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Watch his diagonal run from the centre to behind the right centre back. He made that run several times, yet the pass never came. When it did, from Salter, it was delayed, resulting in Celar checking and then being caught offside.

It makes him look a twonk, but it is the lack of quality service. We've got to give him time.

Totally disagree. He is not in tune with what are other players are doing.

The passes on that run away from the goalkeeper who would pass to him moving away from the goal and the players got no confidence in him.Not having that he gets no service. He doesn't try and makes no runs for me.

He appears disconnected also. Like he wants to not be here.

Think if you still think he will come good Wilkins - no signs of that at all.

At least three or four crosses he did not anticipate at all. Our crossing was ok today.

We have signed a misfit.
[Post edited 22 Oct 22:32]

Celar - Nothing Again on 22:30 - Oct 22 with 845 viewsPhilmyRs

Fair enough on Celar but Lloyd made absolutely no difference when he came on and I’d say made us worse. I think a poster summed it up saying we’re one of the worst clubs for buying strikers as I can’t think of the last decent one - Austin, perhaps Wells? although Frey may disagree. I haven’t given up on Celar just yet though.
Celar - Nothing Again on 22:34 - Oct 22 with 792 viewsnumptydumpty

Celar - Nothing Again on 22:30 - Oct 22 by PhilmyRs

Fair enough on Celar but Lloyd made absolutely no difference when he came on and I’d say made us worse. I think a poster summed it up saying we’re one of the worst clubs for buying strikers as I can’t think of the last decent one - Austin, perhaps Wells? although Frey may disagree. I haven’t given up on Celar just yet though.

Lloyd battled more than Celar. Was only on for ten minutes and we only had couple of forays into their box then anyhow

Celar - Nothing Again on 22:38 - Oct 22 with 736 viewsPhilmyRs

Celar - Nothing Again on 22:34 - Oct 22 by numptydumpty

Lloyd battled more than Celar. Was only on for ten minutes and we only had couple of forays into their box then anyhow

I thought his hold up play wasn’t great and some of his runs weren’t timed that well. Gave away 1 or 2 cheap fouls as well. Look, I’m not saying Celar was good, just want to calm down some of those saying Lloyd ahead of him, as based on what I’ve seen Lloyd has done his best work out wide and hasn’t looked great upfront. For me it’s Frey, and if he’s not around, then pluck a name out the hat.
Celar - Nothing Again on 22:40 - Oct 22 with 711 viewsWatford_Ranger

Didn’t expect much of Lloyd other than running about and that’s what we got.

Celar I thought I saw something at Sheff U and to a lesser extent other games. Tonight nah. A poacher gets on the end of at least one of those chances from Smyth second half and he was on his heels each time. If he does nothing outside the box then bangs one in we’re happy but if you’re going to be crap doing the ugly stuff you have to be right on it where it counts and that was woefully lacking tonight.
Celar - Nothing Again on 22:44 - Oct 22 with 654 viewssdm1508

At the moment Celar just hasn't got anything going for him. Yes there are times where he is at fault but then there are also some nice touches and movement but teammates just didn't see it. At the moment he is struggling and due to earlier efforts the perception is he is a dud, and that clouds the moments where he does well but it doesn't come off. He isn't physical like Frey as I think he is more the striker off a target man
Celar - Nothing Again on 23:01 - Oct 22 with 524 viewsLblock

Celar - Nothing Again on 22:09 - Oct 22 by corse

Celar did ok.

At what?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Celar - Nothing Again on 23:05 - Oct 22 with 470 viewsBostonR

Does anyone know what the total goals scored is for centre-forwards we have owned in the last 10 seasons up to and including tonight. It must be abysmal given Celar is worse than Dykes and Washington.
Celar - Nothing Again on 23:12 - Oct 22 with 404 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Think I could get in the Slovenian squad if he can. Dykes got plenty of stick but at least he got stuck in. I don't understand how our recruitment of strikers has been so appalling since Charlie left first time round. Nahki was great obviously but not ours. Belk should walk for that alone.
Celar - Nothing Again on 23:14 - Oct 22 with 375 viewsPaddyhoops

Was willing to give him a chance lots of chances but he was poor tonight.
I can forgive lots of things but he pulled out of one or two challenges tonight .
Not good enough .
Celar - Nothing Again on 23:15 - Oct 22 with 357 viewsbosh67

Celar - Nothing Again on 22:26 - Oct 22 by Wilkinswatercarrier

I think he has similar issues to Dykes a lot of the time Dykes was here. We don't know how to get any service to him and he's been an instinct goal scorer in the past and that relies on a certain type of service. I actually feel a bit for him because I don't think he's the dud most do but the longer it goes on the more he doesn't seem to fit in to the style of play.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Celar - Nothing Again on 23:15 - Oct 22 with 357 viewsMyke

Celar - Nothing Again on 22:20 - Oct 22 by aston_hoop

His best cross to Celar was so mis-hit, it found Kieran Morgan....

That's completely untrue. He pulled the ball back FOR Morgan. If anyone mishit the ball it was Morgan - delighted he did though, and for him
Celar - Nothing Again on 23:17 - Oct 22 with 331 viewsBrianWilson

I'm not one to give up on players after a few games but he is terrible. At least Lloyd lets defenders know he is there and might create some space for someone else. Should look to recover some of the fee/wages whether on loan or sale asap IMO.

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

Celar - Nothing Again on 23:18 - Oct 22 with 316 viewsParkRoyalR

Thought he was decent in 1st Half but disappeared in the 2nd Half, similar to Frey on Saturday, needs to up the aggression and put his shoulder in thou,

Neither seem to have aerial presence which is a concern, especially when you see Saito win more headers than both of them.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024