Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Now might be a good time – Preview 12:15 - Oct 22 with 2085 viewsNorthernr

Now might be a good time – Preview 22nd Oct 2024 12:12
QPR, bottom of the Championship, face a key home game against fellow early strugglers Coventry tonight, desperately needing a win to boost a fatigued support and calm a rising panic. 2

Now might be a good time – Preview on 12:32 - Oct 22 with 1970 viewsSilverfoxqpr

This is exactly how I feel Clive and I only attend around a third of the games home and away a season. God knows how you hard core bunch do it. I'm usually of an optimistic disposition but Saturday broke me, I don't have the vocabulary to articulate just how brain dead a performance that was. My poor daughter flew over from the South of France (funnily enough) specially on Friday night for that dross too which only exacerbated my anger.

Madsen to score and Celar with the winner it is then. I won't be there though, see you all for Sunderland.
Now might be a good time – Preview on 12:50 - Oct 22 with 1889 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Why do we do this to ourselves. Resignation, turns to anger, turns to apathy.
Why did I buy a season ticket? Hope. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Coventry to win 1-0.
Now might be a good time – Preview on 13:18 - Oct 22 with 1730 viewsTheChef

Clive I know you think just when we least expect it we'll win, but even with JCS back they'll run through our midfield at will.

Anyway, saving our next win for Turf Moor, because of course

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Now might be a good time – Preview on 13:50 - Oct 22 with 1550 viewsstevec

Like you, trying to keep my chin up but it’s getting difficult with year after year of the crap this lot throw at us.
Now might be a good time – Preview on 14:05 - Oct 22 with 1435 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Thanks Clive.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Now might be a good time – Preview on 14:24 - Oct 22 with 1350 viewsjoe90

Got to pull you up on one thing - Nothing weird about bringing on Morgan. His playing qualities, stature and innate hunger to reach the highest possible levels of his game make him an excellent fit for the technical game model being implemented at a club-wide level.

So yeah, when you're 2-1 down to Pompey, you bring on Morgan.
Now might be a good time – Preview on 14:43 - Oct 22 with 1267 viewstamil0011

Football playing
Now might be a good time – Preview on 15:10 - Oct 22 with 1155 viewsthehat

Thanks Clive - I feel your pain and I feel exactly the same, it's been touch and go weather I go tonight and put myself through it all again.

Surprisingly my kids still want to go so I will no doubt be dragging myself away from my warm house to fight the London traffic to be there again.

It really is a labour of love and I have just realised it's a bloody 8.00pm kick off - FFS
Login to get fewer ads

Now might be a good time – Preview on 15:13 - Oct 22 with 1131 viewsterryb

Now might be a good time – Preview on 14:43 - Oct 22 by tamil0011

Football playing

"Given the club has spent the last few months stressing Cifuentes is merely part of group think, with a “game model” handed down from on high to run through all the teams, and that the signings are once again data and analytics driven rather than manager led, with head of recruitment Andy Belk “who has perhaps more responsibility here than you would see in other football clubs at this level” (fan forum minutes)"

Isn't it Andy Belk rather than Cifuentes that needed the "vote of condidence" if he drove our summer signings?

I readily admit that I was very happy with our signings, but I had nothing to base my optimism on. Ten games into this season, only Nardi & Morrison look like they have improved the squad. Many would include Dembele, but after his first two games I feel that Saito has contributed more than him.

I'm all for working to a club model, but only if it has a chance of working. If the sugestion that Marti had little say in our signings is true, then the board/senior management have a lot of questions to answer.

EDIT
I've just come across the Nourry thread. This probably belongs there more than here.
[Post edited 22 Oct 16:02]
Now might be a good time – Preview on 15:19 - Oct 22 with 1088 viewskensalriser

I think Saito has some potential. At least he was trying to get past his man on Saturday.

It's so, so tiresome watching a pass out wide received by a player who has no confidence to take on his man and no options to pass, so here comes the half turn and pass back to where it came from.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Now might be a good time – Preview on 15:49 - Oct 22 with 908 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Now might be a good time – Preview on 15:10 - Oct 22 by thehat

Thanks Clive - I feel your pain and I feel exactly the same, it's been touch and go weather I go tonight and put myself through it all again.

Surprisingly my kids still want to go so I will no doubt be dragging myself away from my warm house to fight the London traffic to be there again.

It really is a labour of love and I have just realised it's a bloody 8.00pm kick off - FFS

8pm KO? That just about does it.
Now might be a good time – Preview on 16:21 - Oct 22 with 733 viewsNorthantsHoop

I feel exactly the same way, missing this game as I did the Portsmouth game on Saturday, first time I've missed two in a row since taking out my season ticket 10 years ago. Family reasons for missing this and the Pompey game, probably could have at a push attended tonight, but the prospect of what we are being served up for a 60 mile journey just not enticing enough, so Sky+ it is. My mate another season ticket holder, who has been doing the journey down from Northampton for 50 years is also giving it a miss tonight after witnessing Saturday's abysmal display.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024