Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report 21:14 - Oct 20 with 7343 viewsNorthernr

QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report 20th Oct 2024 21:05
QPR are back on the bottom of the Championship after taking a 1-0 lead against fellow strugglers Portsmouth and turning it into yet another home defeat. 13

QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 09:50 - Oct 21 with 1893 viewsTheChef

QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 09:30 - Oct 21 by Northernr

Well look you think the answer is just get a brilliant experienced manager in (who'd want to come here because...) and give him the keys because it worked with Neil Warnock. I'd say that has failed here multiple times.

I say you need that overarching, more future-focused role making sure a manager doesn't just take short term decisions and spend our money with his favourite agents because of what's happened here before, but because of Les' failings and the fact they've now given that role to a 27-year-old consultant who's never done it before, that looks daft.

The two constants are we rarely get better for very long, even Warnock's success here was fleeting, and the owners.

I mean it's great that the owners are keeping us afloat every month - but it's been now ten years of mediocrity, only if you exclude the few months of Warbs and his play off "push" (but we've been paying for that ever since).

Bottom line is, everyone loves a gullible billionaire.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 10:06 - Oct 21 with 1816 viewsterryb

I've not looked at any threads about the game pror to this report & there's not much to disagree with, especially the referee mark (Linnington was close to being very good). Apart, that is, from Fox getting a mark of 2! I'm in agreement with Simmo on this one & would have given a zero if it had been available!

Of far more importance is that the three central defenders did not gel & that the two wing backs looked as if they had no idea of what was expected of them.

The only moment of real creation that we had was the pass from Frey to set up Chair in the second half. Unlike in the first half, this presented Chair with a chance at goal rather than "he must score". However, instead of trusting an early shot with his left foot, he turned inside on to his right foot & the chance had all but disappeared. We have created so few chances this seasons even though we have, supposedly, an abundance of creative players! This is just as worrying as the goals that we are presenting to our opponents.

Where do we go from here? I really don't know, but Dunne must return to right back & Clarke-Salter is desperately needed. The non availability of Clarke-Salter & Morrison has had a very damaging effect on us. As has the Colback injury. If JCS is not available on Tuesday, Field should be alongside Cook, but what that would do to our "midfield" is unimaginable.

8.00pm midweek games are a real pain for me to attend & Saturday made it an easy decision for me to decide whether to watch on Sky or at LR.
QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 10:17 - Oct 21 with 1755 viewsTheChef

QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 10:06 - Oct 21 by terryb

I've not looked at any threads about the game pror to this report & there's not much to disagree with, especially the referee mark (Linnington was close to being very good). Apart, that is, from Fox getting a mark of 2! I'm in agreement with Simmo on this one & would have given a zero if it had been available!

Of far more importance is that the three central defenders did not gel & that the two wing backs looked as if they had no idea of what was expected of them.

The only moment of real creation that we had was the pass from Frey to set up Chair in the second half. Unlike in the first half, this presented Chair with a chance at goal rather than "he must score". However, instead of trusting an early shot with his left foot, he turned inside on to his right foot & the chance had all but disappeared. We have created so few chances this seasons even though we have, supposedly, an abundance of creative players! This is just as worrying as the goals that we are presenting to our opponents.

Where do we go from here? I really don't know, but Dunne must return to right back & Clarke-Salter is desperately needed. The non availability of Clarke-Salter & Morrison has had a very damaging effect on us. As has the Colback injury. If JCS is not available on Tuesday, Field should be alongside Cook, but what that would do to our "midfield" is unimaginable.

8.00pm midweek games are a real pain for me to attend & Saturday made it an easy decision for me to decide whether to watch on Sky or at LR.

Biggest concern for me is they had two weeks on the training pitch to work things out (even with some key personnel missing) - and this is what they served up.

QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 11:20 - Oct 21 with 1626 viewsSuperhoop83

The two main problems:

1. We don't have a midfield. We have missed Colback hugely and we all now realise that we should (and could) have signed Hayden.

2. We don't have enough goals in the team. I think that is what is most likely to relegate us.

There are other problems and Fox was 100% to blame for both goals when he should have put the ball out both times - and what he was doing with the penalty I cannot fathom. However, I can't recall a more lightweight midfield or less clinical attack.

I think we're going down.

Suffering since 1978.

QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 11:22 - Oct 21 with 1625 viewskernowhoop

I am as cheesed off as most QPR fans must be, looking at four successive defeats. But, perhaps not quite as much as some on LFW are.
I can remember the optimism here at the beginning of this season, based on the remarkable recovery in 2023-24, the belief in Cifuentes, the transfer business in the summer and the football that has been played (albeit without the necessary consistency) Look back at that, if you have time.
It should reassure all - except those who actually prefer to moan and cry in their beer - that this is a situation that can be turned around. My guess is that it will be.
QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 11:35 - Oct 21 with 1561 viewsthehat

Thanks Clive - Spot on with what was a very poor afternoon. When I saw Madsen on the team sheet I thought about staying in the pub and which I had.

That amber warning light on the dashboard is now flashing red and the sirens and claxons are going off. The engines have stopped and we are starting to fall from the sky at 38,000 feet. Can the pilot and crew figure out what has gone wrong and save us poor mortals before we crash into the deep blue sea.
QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 11:39 - Oct 21 with 1540 viewsTheChef

QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 11:35 - Oct 21 by thehat

Thanks Clive - Spot on with what was a very poor afternoon. When I saw Madsen on the team sheet I thought about staying in the pub and which I had.

That amber warning light on the dashboard is now flashing red and the sirens and claxons are going off. The engines have stopped and we are starting to fall from the sky at 38,000 feet. Can the pilot and crew figure out what has gone wrong and save us poor mortals before we crash into the deep blue sea.

QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 12:07 - Oct 21 with 1452 viewsBklynRanger

I remember scoffing at someone a few weeks ago for suggesting we try Jimmy Dunne in the middle, but I'm actually there now. We need somebody to put their foot in and make a few challenges, and try to connect things. Ok even as I'm writing it still seems like a completely mental idea, but, as said in Clive's quite short, justifiably angry report, we are so fcuked in that position given the manager's style it's untrue.

Total speculation of course, but I'd be very surprised if there wasn't a pretty clear disagreement between Nourry and Marti on that last minute decision to switch focus from Hayden to Ashby - would actually be worrying if there wasn't.

Hayden isn't the messiah but that decision is just bizarre - it's not even a case of 'he's no better than player x' - we've got Field, Colback, then who? If we're going to live and die on stats, the stats say Madsen isn't the answer, as our own eyes and his own body language confirm.

Or give the Morgan kid another crack from the start. Either way it's an insane situation to be in, and MArti is probably making mistakes but Nourry is an arse. What a surprise.
Login to get fewer ads

QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 12:21 - Oct 21 with 1368 viewsTheChef

QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 12:07 - Oct 21 by BklynRanger

I remember scoffing at someone a few weeks ago for suggesting we try Jimmy Dunne in the middle, but I'm actually there now. We need somebody to put their foot in and make a few challenges, and try to connect things. Ok even as I'm writing it still seems like a completely mental idea, but, as said in Clive's quite short, justifiably angry report, we are so fcuked in that position given the manager's style it's untrue.

Total speculation of course, but I'd be very surprised if there wasn't a pretty clear disagreement between Nourry and Marti on that last minute decision to switch focus from Hayden to Ashby - would actually be worrying if there wasn't.

Hayden isn't the messiah but that decision is just bizarre - it's not even a case of 'he's no better than player x' - we've got Field, Colback, then who? If we're going to live and die on stats, the stats say Madsen isn't the answer, as our own eyes and his own body language confirm.

Or give the Morgan kid another crack from the start. Either way it's an insane situation to be in, and MArti is probably making mistakes but Nourry is an arse. What a surprise.

I also don't think EDB could do any worse in there - but clearly he's fallen well down the pecking order.

QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 12:33 - Oct 21 with 1304 viewsBklynRanger

QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 12:21 - Oct 21 by TheChef

I also don't think EDB could do any worse in there - but clearly he's fallen well down the pecking order.

Me too. He will make mistakes but they're all doing that. At least EDB has some energy about him.
QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 12:38 - Oct 21 with 1297 viewsted_hendrix

It'll be the same crap this time next year and the following year.

As supporters of this club we've signed up for It so get used to It.

Like It or not crowds will soon start dwindling.

Someone will say we'll get nowhere until we move to a new ground.

I just can't associate myself with any of our players, In fact they get on my nerves.

Yea, we're all just pissing In the wind as we have been since my first game In 1958.

Yea we'll beat someone we shouldn't have beaten and we'll all 'jump around'

Then we'll lose the next Four games on the trot.

Neil Young was right, ''We're all just pissing In the wind''

It doesn't matter really.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 12:38 - Oct 21 with 1291 viewsE15Hoop

QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 08:28 - Oct 21 by Northernr

Yeh, one more change of manager ought to do it I reckon.

There were a number of posters here over the weekend, Clive, making reference to Marti's ego/stubbornness as a reason for pushing him out of the door.

If he is that much of an egomaniac (which I personally don't see in him), then surely that pride is exactly what we need to be tapping into as a vehicle for turning us around?

As you have (once again) very articulately expressed, the last thing we need right now is knee-jerk reactions. Time for the grown-ups in the room to make their voices heard.
QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 12:43 - Oct 21 with 1246 viewspaddyhdog

QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 11:22 - Oct 21 by kernowhoop

I am as cheesed off as most QPR fans must be, looking at four successive defeats. But, perhaps not quite as much as some on LFW are.
I can remember the optimism here at the beginning of this season, based on the remarkable recovery in 2023-24, the belief in Cifuentes, the transfer business in the summer and the football that has been played (albeit without the necessary consistency) Look back at that, if you have time.
It should reassure all - except those who actually prefer to moan and cry in their beer - that this is a situation that can be turned around. My guess is that it will be.

It is hard to recall how good we were end of last season. And there's been flashes of it in games this season.

But something is seriously wrong in the club. All of us guessing but it's not a happy camp and confidence is shot.

I've always defended Marti and want him to stay. But I was at pompey game and some ropey managerial decisions. Picking Fox. Playing 5 at the back, when it's the midfield (and Madsen) that needs bolstering, not Steve Cook. Bringing on the young lad who looked good but not physical enough. Bringing on Smyth and Kaito (how did he not start??) but then not pushing them on... I was in line with them, he had them as full backs in a back 5. I was losing my shit...we're 2-1 down at home to the bottom side, 20 mins left, and still have 5 at the back, with our wingers not up the pitch. Marti can't be devoid of blame, it was poor for all to see

On a bright note Chair made chances. If he'd taken the two it couldve been different, but this looks a team just as confused and fragile as we did under GA
QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 12:44 - Oct 21 with 1235 viewsHunterhoop

I said it after the second game of the season.

And it’s a conclusion reached by practically every Rangers manager for the last decade.

We need 3 central midfielders. Not one (Field), and then two floaty “ballers” only interested in playing 10.

For me, when everyone is fit, it would be Field, Colback, and Varane (shocking at tracking runners off the ball, and has a nervous breakdown when getting into an attacking position, but I think there is possibly something there).

For tomorrow, it should be Field, Varane and then EBD/Morgan. I’d probably go EBD, because I think he’s the one of that lot that make venture near the oppo’s box. Then play 3 ahead of them, our best 3: Dembele, Frey, Chair.

This 433 or 4231 (when in possession and EBD pushed forward) makes so much more sense to me.

Two holding midfielders means we should not get overrun on the middle of the park, and protect the defence, but also gives numbers to fill in for the full backs if they push on.

It’s Cifuentes’ preferred system (if not personnel).

It gives us a better balance between attack and defence.

I think the players will be more used to it.
QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 13:16 - Oct 21 with 1106 viewscalHoop

The most disappointing thing, as always, is that having survived with Marti none of us expected to be here again.

A year ago was the 4-0 Blackburn game, which having endured a lot of shit with Rangers down the years may have been the lowest point, as my kids were now part of it. Ainsworth ball, a team of absolute scum bags downing tools, supporters arguing with each other.

12 months later and we're here again. A lot is being thrown at Madsen and the new signings (fair), but playing Madsen in a 2 is utter madness and asking for trouble.

We have been weak at full back for as long as I can remember, and haven't done anything to sort it. Jimmy Dunne is still our best option at RB. Don't get me started on Paal, but every team we come up against, target us down that left hand side.

Signing 2 unknowns at RB and not dealing with our problems at LB is going to continually bite us in the arse. (genuinely feel there's enough quality elsewhere to be ok, if the manager picks the right team and formation)
QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 13:25 - Oct 21 with 1078 viewsBklynRanger

QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 12:44 - Oct 21 by Hunterhoop

And it’s a conclusion reached by practically every Rangers manager for the last decade.

We need 3 central midfielders. Not one (Field), and then two floaty “ballers” only interested in playing 10.

For me, when everyone is fit, it would be Field, Colback, and Varane (shocking at tracking runners off the ball, and has a nervous breakdown when getting into an attacking position, but I think there is possibly something there).

For tomorrow, it should be Field, Varane and then EBD/Morgan. I’d probably go EBD, because I think he’s the one of that lot that make venture near the oppo’s box. Then play 3 ahead of them, our best 3: Dembele, Frey, Chair.

This 433 or 4231 (when in possession and EBD pushed forward) makes so much more sense to me.

Two holding midfielders means we should not get overrun on the middle of the park, and protect the defence, but also gives numbers to fill in for the full backs if they push on.

Oh yeah Varane's back isn't he? Yeah do that.

It's odds on of course that the pressure that he'll be under to make a difference will cause him to crack in some way.
QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 13:35 - Oct 21 with 1063 viewsNewYorkRanger

QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 22:41 - Oct 20 by stainrods_elbow

None of us know what's going on.

It could simply tell us that the players MC would ideally want are unaffordable, unavailable, or both. Or that those he does have are under-performing relative to his/the club's expectations. Or that Marti can talk a good game, but not necessarily execute one.

Or none of these things.
[Post edited 20 Oct 22:42]

Or all of them, with some additional ones on top

Glory hunter, me

QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 14:43 - Oct 21 with 865 viewsQPROslo

QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 12:07 - Oct 21 by BklynRanger

Varane is available for Coventry after his suspension I believe.
QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 15:20 - Oct 21 with 764 viewsQPunkR

All I can say is thank Fk I’m working tomorrow night. Certainly more than any player wearing the hoops at Loftus Rd will be able to say

(just to confirm though, I’m not one of the players )

QPR - "shit but local"

QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 15:27 - Oct 21 with 761 viewsBrighton_R

QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 12:44 - Oct 21 by Hunterhoop

Makes perfect sense.
So you can guarantee Marti won't do it
QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 15:34 - Oct 21 with 723 viewsPaddyhoops

QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 08:28 - Oct 21 by Northernr

Yeh, one more change of manager ought to do it I reckon.

I’m sticking with this fella . Regardless of results. I’m fed up of short term fixes . If we go down so be it . We might win a few games then, MAYBE even at home.
QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 15:39 - Oct 21 with 711 viewsTheChef

Have to say the poor home form over such a stretch of time is quite bewildering.

And that's with relatively full houses too!

QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 16:03 - Oct 21 with 633 viewsNorthantsHoop

Great summary Clive, just feel QPR this season are as a team and in their performances as I headed up my thread " It's all a bit meh isn't it?". Just can't believe how passive and lightweight we are again, the midfield if you can call it that is all over the place, huge gaps in the centre of the park, exploited time and again by teams that are better set up and charge down the spine of our team. The Coventry game will either be messy for us or somehow we actually turn up and get a win, as I said it's all a bit meh.
[Post edited 21 Oct 16:03]
QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 16:06 - Oct 21 with 611 viewsQPunkR

QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 16:03 - Oct 21 by NorthantsHoop

Great summary Clive, just feel QPR this season are as a team and in their performances as I headed up my thread " It's all a bit meh isn't it?". Just can't believe how passive and lightweight we are again, the midfield if you can call it that is all over the place, huge gaps in the centre of the park, exploited time and again by teams that are better set up and charge down the spine of our team. The Coventry game will either be messy for us or somehow we actually turn up and get a win, as I said it's all a bit meh.
[Post edited 21 Oct 16:03]

You know full well what’ll happen tomorrow. Don’t be coy

QPR - "shit but local"

QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 17:46 - Oct 21 with 424 viewsBurnleyhoop

QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 12:38 - Oct 21 by E15Hoop

There were a number of posters here over the weekend, Clive, making reference to Marti's ego/stubbornness as a reason for pushing him out of the door.

If he is that much of an egomaniac (which I personally don't see in him), then surely that pride is exactly what we need to be tapping into as a vehicle for turning us around?

As you have (once again) very articulately expressed, the last thing we need right now is knee-jerk reactions. Time for the grown-ups in the room to make their voices heard.

Everyone in the room is a grown up E15. Just some are more emotional than others and the blood boils every time we/they watch one dismal performance after another.

All fans have the right to express their opinions and vent. I don’t have a problem with that, but what is more important is that the management team and playing staff remain calm, reflect and look to improve. There is no doubt we are in a dark place at the moment and we will not turn this around straight away, but we can and should improve. Whether it will be enough to save our season is the big unknown.

We can but hope.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024