Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
And now for something positive 16:45 - Oct 20 with 2060 viewsPBLOCK

So I know right now thing are pretty grim and for us who have been for many years we can dissect the performances of individuals and lament certain things but I was sat there last night thinking it wasn’t all bad and there’s lots of us to be proud of and here’s why.

So as the kick offs have been messed about so much this was the first game we could get to this season so myself brother and stepdad were all planning to go along with my 9 year old and my 7 year old nephew who has been a few times. Then my sister said she’d attend her first game in nearly 25 years to have a day out with her boy. Finally my lads best mate whose family are West Ham was also added he has been to a few games before at Southend once at England and got taken to his first West Ham game v Ipswich a few weeks ago. He’s been a bit upset due to some kids at school and his Mum asked if we would take him too.

So we arrived around 1:30pm at White City into glorious sunshine and made our way to The Springbok (I know it’s the Queens Tavern now but it’ll always be The Springbok to me) Had a drink £8 for a Madri!!!

Anyway we then took the boys to the football bit on South Af road as PBlock Junior and my nephew always do that and the wanted to show the other lad. As we get there Jonathan Varane was signing autographs and posing for pics which they duly had and then they were playing on some of the skills circuits they put on. The 3 of them were doing football tennis when a couple of the development squad lads joined in Alex Aroha and Harry Murphy. Both were brilliant with the boys and for kids of 8/9 to be able to have a kick about with Professional Footballers is something a fan of Man United Chelsea etc can only dream of but they got to do it.

After this we went in the ground in the Lower Loft for the match and they all loved Dembele and his goal they all loved Michy as he is a beast and Saito because he’s really fast and tricky

They were disappointed to lose but we hung about for a beer in the blue and white after and waited for the crowds to disappear before going round to try and catch some players for autographs and pics

They managed to get loads and got signatures on their shirts and in their autograph books. All of the players were great with them and happily posed for pics etc we done this a few times as this is what my lad and Nephew love meeting them only ever been blanked by one player Leon Balogun I’m looking at you!

PBlock Junior managed to get Ilias to sign his 10 Chair shirt which he was delighted with. I think they met Walsh Madsen Bennie, Celar, Chair Dunne Fox Cook Saito Frey Santos special mention to Paul Nardi who was holding his young baby and then passed the baby over to a family member so he could sign and have a picture

After this it was back to Liverpool St for McDonalds and on the C2C train back to Leigh on Sea

My wife picked me Junior and his mate up and took him back to his as my eldest was hanging out there after the girls had done their girlie day. His Mum said she had never seen him so happy after a football match and asked him what was better. His reply was that it was the best one because you were so close to the players and the noise was better and he got to play with professionals and meet real footballers etc etc

So while us older fans may say yesterday was sh!t and as a club we are doing lots wrong the club are also doing a lot right, and 3 young lads from Essex had the best day and in a few years they won’t remember the result but they will remember the memories

His Mum text my Mrs this morning saying he’s asking when he can go again

Keep the faith all

COYR’s

And now for something positive on 16:54 - Oct 20 with 1977 viewsqpr_1968

that is positive, well done.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

And now for something positive on 16:58 - Oct 20 with 1925 viewsMatch82

Thank you for posting this. It's what football should be about and what Man utd Chelsea etc fans will never know
And now for something positive on 17:30 - Oct 20 with 1789 viewsstainrods_elbow

Great story that even raised the spirits of this bitter bastard.

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

And now for something positive on 17:42 - Oct 20 with 1699 viewsQPROslo

Post of the month!
And now for something positive on 17:52 - Oct 20 with 1630 viewsdavman

Brilliant post.
My feel good factor was that I went with my lad and my best mate, who is a Pompey fan. Got pssd before the game for the first time in years and with my lad for the first time now he's 18.

Sat in the Lower School end - half price, couldn't see how happy the away fans were, a little more leg room and more space in the concourse.

My mate was happy (although sympathetic) and the beers started flowing more. Met up with my 85 year old old man who was in London watching Rugby. More beer, Weatherspoons in Clapham, food, train home, Ludwig, tea, bed.

Accepted that this lot are absolute garbage, that we are going down and that it's going to be about the day out instead of the football from now on.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

And now for something positive on 22:02 - Oct 20 with 1264 viewsMalintabuk

Thanks PBlock now you have gone a spoilt a really good mope.... basteward...
Great to see that the boys had a great day out, every cloud eh... but I have to question your parenting skills and wonder how you can be trusted with fragile young minds...
Seriously great post just what was needed
And now for something positive on 22:16 - Oct 20 with 1190 viewsLogman

Great post. I don't have any family and am always envious of those who go with family as I can see that it is a really unifying experience, even if the football is w*nk. One thing from the O.P. though, I reckon the kids will remember the scoreline in years to come. I remember QPR 2 Stoke 0 from my first game even though it is 48 years ago.
And now for something positive on 08:21 - Oct 21 with 918 viewsWokingR

I would have taken the pen off of Madsen though and told him "not you mate".
Login to get fewer ads

And now for something positive on 08:36 - Oct 21 with 850 viewsNortholt_Rs

And now for something positive on 08:21 - Oct 21 by WokingR

I would have taken the pen off of Madsen though and told him "not you mate".

And Ashby, Celar, Paal, Fox….

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

And now for something positive on 08:49 - Oct 21 with 799 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Lovely, PBLOCK. Delighted for you all.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

And now for something positive on 09:18 - Oct 21 with 681 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

This post has made my Monday morning mate - so good to read such positive experiences from visiting HQ, reminds me why I support this club.
And now for something positive on 09:35 - Oct 21 with 600 viewshook_hoops

That's really warmed my heart on a bleak Monday morning. We may be shit at football at the moment but you've just reminded my why I love our football club. Thanks for posting.
And now for something positive on 09:40 - Oct 21 with 584 viewsqprninja

I travel up from Devon 3-4 times a season, haven't seen us win since 2019!!! Started bringing my youngest lad with me, we still always have a good day out no matter the result. We're determined to keep going up until he sees a win. Glad you had a decent day still. Keep the faith guys!!
And now for something positive on 09:57 - Oct 21 with 531 viewsDWQPR

And now for something positive on 09:40 - Oct 21 by qprninja

I travel up from Devon 3-4 times a season, haven't seen us win since 2019!!! Started bringing my youngest lad with me, we still always have a good day out no matter the result. We're determined to keep going up until he sees a win. Glad you had a decent day still. Keep the faith guys!!

At least that will make him a life long supporter!😂

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

And now for something positive on 10:36 - Oct 21 with 428 viewsSouthAfricanRanger

Brilliant. Great post PBlock. Life is short. Our team will come right.

DonnieR

And now for something positive on 17:54 - Oct 22 with 92 viewsPBLOCK

Cheers all

Definitely questions over parenting if the NSPCC get wind of it they’ll all be up for fostering!!

Can’t go tonight as it’s a school night but PBlock Junior and I will be watching while the Mrs and Daughter escape upstairs!!

COYRs
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024