Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It is like giving up smoking.... 11:11 - Oct 20 with 3143 viewsandrew1302

I have supported QPR for over 50 years , have been a season ticket holder for more than 30, have put money in buckets but with a 5 hour round trip to get to Loftus Road i feel that the time has come to stop. The players are who and what they are and whilst i have carried on about the new signings being way below par for this division my real problem is the way the club is run and the constant mess over the past few years that those who make the decisions have created. There is little point in saying this one or that one is useless as pretty much collectively they have all let the club down. I think the current side is one of the worst i have seen and this has been created by a management team from top to bottom that are clearly totally somewhere between inept and inexperienced . At last Karl Ready etc gave their all. This lot are just annoying. So i am going to give it a go and give up my support and see if it is possible. A shame but as my wife said last night you just come home in a bad mood because of a football match , why bother. I just feel from Marti upwards we are currently a ship without a sail. So we will see if this addiction to QPR which has been for most of my life is as easy to give up as smoking!
It is like giving up smoking.... on 11:22 - Oct 20 with 2692 viewsNortholt_Rs

You’ll be back as soon as we win a game. Yesterday was a particularly low point tbf. Abysmal.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

It is like giving up smoking.... on 11:25 - Oct 20 with 2668 viewsWokingR

Feeling exactly the same this morning.
Only have an hour journey each way but got to Clapham yesterday to find all trains to Shepherds Bush were cancelled for the next hour.
Instead of sacking it off we found a cab and got to the game with 5 minutes to spare.
It just feels like being cheated on when you make so much effort, turn up with a sense of hope and then get served that slop.
I’m sure I will, but at the moment there is no way I’m bothering again on Tuesday.
It is like giving up smoking.... on 11:29 - Oct 20 with 2641 viewsHoopsie

It is like going to church every Sunday and not having your prayers answered

So let’s pray harder next time!
[Post edited 20 Oct 11:30]

Poll: Isaac Hayden - Yes or No?

It is like giving up smoking.... on 11:38 - Oct 20 with 2571 viewsknocker

Really could have been me writing that, even down to the wife when I got home. 5 hour return journey for me after 60 years of support. If I didn't have train tickets already for Tuesday I would watch it on the box.
It is like giving up smoking.... on 11:48 - Oct 20 with 2483 viewsTacticalR

It is like giving up smoking.... on 11:29 - Oct 20 by Hoopsie

It is like going to church every Sunday and not having your prayers answered

So let’s pray harder next time!
[Post edited 20 Oct 11:30]

I knew there had to be an explanation.

Air hostess clique

It is like giving up smoking.... on 12:26 - Oct 20 with 2330 viewsWegerles_Stairs

It is like giving up smoking.... on 11:25 - Oct 20 by WokingR

Feeling exactly the same this morning.
Only have an hour journey each way but got to Clapham yesterday to find all trains to Shepherds Bush were cancelled for the next hour.
Instead of sacking it off we found a cab and got to the game with 5 minutes to spare.
It just feels like being cheated on when you make so much effort, turn up with a sense of hope and then get served that slop.
I’m sure I will, but at the moment there is no way I’m bothering again on Tuesday.

I ran from Shepherds Bush Station to get there in time...
It is like giving up smoking.... on 12:46 - Oct 20 with 2238 viewsMalintabuk

What a thread... and I don't think I have ever seen anything that touches it. I said the same on the madness thread, my wife has had over years of me being a miserable 'B' after we loose, but this is now far deeper than this.
Like the OP I really have had enough of this, I'm too old, too tired and too p!ssed off to be just annoyed
I have 60 years, the other lads have over 100 years, my brother nearly 70 years, and we have 2 things in common, QPR and now total disillusionment of them.
Nourry, Cifuentes, players, the kit manager and the myriad of hangers on can all now go and do one.
But the saddest thing about all this, the chances I will be there Tuesday, still supporting this laughably called football club, and will do until the end ... we are sad
It is like giving up smoking.... on 13:19 - Oct 20 with 2050 viewsGosportHoops

It is like giving up smoking.... on 12:46 - Oct 20 by Malintabuk

What a thread... and I don't think I have ever seen anything that touches it. I said the same on the madness thread, my wife has had over years of me being a miserable 'B' after we loose, but this is now far deeper than this.
Like the OP I really have had enough of this, I'm too old, too tired and too p!ssed off to be just annoyed
I have 60 years, the other lads have over 100 years, my brother nearly 70 years, and we have 2 things in common, QPR and now total disillusionment of them.
Nourry, Cifuentes, players, the kit manager and the myriad of hangers on can all now go and do one.
But the saddest thing about all this, the chances I will be there Tuesday, still supporting this laughably called football club, and will do until the end ... we are sad

Kit seems alright in fairness
Login to get fewer ads

It is like giving up smoking.... on 13:21 - Oct 20 with 2040 viewsNortholt_Rs

It is like giving up smoking.... on 13:19 - Oct 20 by GosportHoops

Kit seems alright in fairness

Yeah, it’s just everything else that is dogshit.

It is like giving up smoking.... on 13:36 - Oct 20 with 1964 viewsGosportHoops

It is like giving up smoking.... on 13:21 - Oct 20 by Northolt_Rs

Yeah, it’s just everything else that is dogshit.

I ment to say kitmam! Yeah it's bizarre at thr moment, back up there Tuesday for a bit more pain and bemusement! Really hoping we come good I'm to worn out to be angry
It is like giving up smoking.... on 14:50 - Oct 20 with 1809 viewsManinBlack

If I had my time again and had a son, I would let him decide on a football club to follow and if he chose a club as pony as us it would be his decision. I don't think I could ever forgive myself if I made him watch this Rangers slop year after year and he suffered decades of anguish in torment like we have endured. This is just going to keep on happening unless we get people who know what they are doing with proper investment in the squad. It is clear that cutting the wage bill every season makes the squad weaker.

Right now we must be right up there with the worst home record of all teams in the EFL in the last 3 years. I wouldn't trust us to beat Harrogate Town at home right now.
It is like giving up smoking.... on 15:01 - Oct 20 with 1771 viewsmart_Goblin

It is like giving up smoking.... on 12:46 - Oct 20 by Malintabuk

Bit harsh on Gary . He does a great job 🤣
It is like giving up smoking.... on 15:44 - Oct 20 with 1629 viewsnumptydumpty

It is like giving up smoking.... on 15:01 - Oct 20 by mart_Goblin

Bit harsh on Gary . He does a great job 🤣

In 1974 as a young primary school kid, Ian Gillard gave me a QPR sticker to put on my satchel. My dinner lady at school was the great man's wife.

That blasted day as so many times I have come back and moaned at my parents, my partners past and present, my other QPR supporting friends and other friends and work colleagues and basically anyone that will listen , next season I will not renew my season ticket !!!!!

Fifty years later I have fallen into the trap !!!

Anyone that says they have suffered enough sorry but the sado masochistic traits will continue to run deep.

Roll on Tuesday people !!!!!!!!

😂

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

It is like giving up smoking.... on 16:00 - Oct 20 with 1575 viewsdavman

It is like giving up smoking.... on 11:38 - Oct 20 by knocker

Really could have been me writing that, even down to the wife when I got home. 5 hour return journey for me after 60 years of support. If I didn't have train tickets already for Tuesday I would watch it on the box.

I won't be there on Tuesday - laddo told me on Friday that he had a works do that evening, which gave me a get out. Unfortunately we have committed to Burnley and Leeds away in the next month; that might be it for the season.

No choice once you've made it. As I said on another thread, we have been utter crap since the fans ousted Richard Thompson. Or maybe it was Sir Les leaving. Maybe there is a theme there...

Just embarrassing to support this lot; sitting at home watching away fans just take the pss, but at least sitting in the Lower School end, I did not have that pain to bear. Sitting away at Blackpool last season, Derby this season and every fckn home game week after fckn week...

Mad. All of us, Utterly Mad.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

It is like giving up smoking.... on 16:28 - Oct 20 with 1518 viewsNorthernr

I feel like I’ve taken it up.
It is like giving up smoking.... on 16:34 - Oct 20 with 1482 viewsNortholt_Rs

It is like giving up smoking.... on 16:28 - Oct 20 by Northernr

I feel like I’ve taken it up.

You love it you slaaaaaagggggg!

It is like giving up smoking.... on 16:49 - Oct 20 with 1403 viewsDannyPaddox

Have you tried patches? Get hold of an old Panini sticker - Paul Parker in his pomp for example. cellotape it to your arm. Quells any urges. And better than a tattoo you can take it off when ever you like.
It is like giving up smoking.... on 18:55 - Oct 20 with 1206 viewsDamo1962

It is like giving up smoking.... on 12:26 - Oct 20 by Wegerles_Stairs

I ran from Shepherds Bush Station to get there in time...

And you probably ran faster than most of our players😉
It is like giving up smoking.... on 18:58 - Oct 20 with 1195 viewsDamo1962

It is like giving up smoking.... on 16:00 - Oct 20 by davman

I won't be there on Tuesday - laddo told me on Friday that he had a works do that evening, which gave me a get out. Unfortunately we have committed to Burnley and Leeds away in the next month; that might be it for the season.

No choice once you've made it. As I said on another thread, we have been utter crap since the fans ousted Richard Thompson. Or maybe it was Sir Les leaving. Maybe there is a theme there...

Just embarrassing to support this lot; sitting at home watching away fans just take the pss, but at least sitting in the Lower School end, I did not have that pain to bear. Sitting away at Blackpool last season, Derby this season and every fckn home game week after fckn week...

Mad. All of us, Utterly Mad.

Mad...but brilliant supporters. You deserve so much more.
It is like giving up smoking.... on 19:15 - Oct 20 with 1140 viewshopekillsyou

It’s been worse in the time I’ve been supporting QPR. Alan Mullery’s tenure, the farcical period before Warnock was first appointed are just two. We’ve lost 4 games in a row and haven’t won at home this season.
However…Dembele and Saito are good signings. I agree that Celar has been hugely disappointing so far. Madsen is a bit of an enigma ( which means I don’t have a fuxxxng clue how he’s going to turn out. Maybe he’ll turn out to be a Mike Fillery type or maybe even a John Gregory - dream on…).
It’s still better than it was this time last season. There was no hope under Ainsworth and you could sense he’d lost the players.
That doesn’t appear to be the case now.
So , alright maybe a trifle rose tinted, I think this will be turned around.
[Post edited 20 Oct 19:16]
It is like giving up smoking.... on 20:55 - Oct 20 with 929 viewsDesertBoot

“All the lads and lasses with smiles upon their faces….” Are usually away fans.
7 wins from our last 28 home league games is pathetic.

Wish I could be like David Watts

It is like giving up smoking.... on 21:17 - Oct 20 with 869 viewsBoston

Oh well

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

It is like giving up smoking.... on 21:34 - Oct 20 with 836 viewsMick_S

It is like giving up smoking.... on 21:17 - Oct 20 by Boston

Oh well

Wrong week to give up sniffing glue Bos…

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

It is like giving up smoking.... on 09:55 - Oct 22 with 467 viewsWokingR

Anyone come up with a cure for this yet ?
Having made my mind up that I wasn't going tonight, I've just found myself looking up train times
It is like giving up smoking.... on 10:41 - Oct 22 with 375 viewsEastR

It is like giving up smoking.... on 09:55 - Oct 22 by WokingR

Anyone come up with a cure for this yet ?
Having made my mind up that I wasn't going tonight, I've just found myself looking up train times

Woking, I had the same issue as you on Sat on arrival at Clapham. Completely screwed plans for pre match meet up and mood not improved by the subsequent performance.
I really can't be ars8d this evening.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024