Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is this on Nourry? 19:29 - Oct 19 with 19032 viewsHunterhoop

I’ll bring it to the fore…
Is this on Nourry? on 18:36 - Oct 22 with 480 viewsFDC

Is this on Nourry? on 18:08 - Oct 22 by Northernr

I reckon there's a fair chance he'll be the next fall guy.

I also reckon there's a fair chance it'll make no difference.

I could easily imagine an announcement about a new AI-enabled Scoutatronic 3000 system being rolled out as a replacement
Is this on Nourry? on 18:40 - Oct 22 with 455 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Is this on Nourry? on 18:21 - Oct 22 by Hunterhoop

Quite. He’s been with the club around a decade and had been in the industry for a decade before.

He’s probably one of the few in the club who do have the experience required to do his job.

That doesn’t mean he has done a good one. As many have said, it is very hard to tell. Nevetherless, at some point there does need to be accountability. Whether it’s you 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 10th choice recommendation, you need to have some hits. He certainly needs some more hits versus the misses he’s had.

I'm inclined to agree though I would temper this by pointing out that there's been a good deal of manager churn in that time, with each wanting their own players. Moreover, it isn't Belk's fault that QPR didn't cash in on certain players when they had the chance. Had they commanded decent fees for the likes of Manning, BOS, Barbet, Willock, Chair, etc. then recruitment would be less of a prickly topic. That being said, it does feel like overall there have been many more misses than hits, with this summer's recruitment looking especially poor. At some point, those directly responsible have to be held accountable.
[Post edited 22 Oct 18:48]
Is this on Nourry? on 18:55 - Oct 22 with 381 viewsrbee

Is this on Nourry? on 17:51 - Oct 22 by Benny_the_Ball

Please don't make the mistake of creating 2 distinct eras of ownership. QPR is owned by a consortium. Ruben has been a major shareholder in that consortium since 2011. He joined together with Fernandes, and was named co-chairman in June 2015.

Given the consortium ownership model, I agree that any criticism should be levelled at all of the co-owners. For example, your assumption that Ruben's fellow directors reached an agreement on the appointment of Nourry is fair but it doesn't detract from the fact that it's a poor decision.

However, you can't have it both ways. This same assumption applies when Fernandes was chairman. As a major shareholder, Ruben would've had a say and, following your logic, you have to also assume that he was in agreement with the decisions made.

Now, I prefer to look forward than back so let's return to the present day. Ruben is now the majority shareholder in a consortium with Richard Reilly and Lakshmi Mittal. Hence, I found your question around what LFW comrades think Ruben should do intriguing. My answer remains the same; hire folk with experience and a track record of success.

Your memory is better than mine, I thought Ruben came in later, I apologise.

I had the pleasure of having a lengthy chat some years ago with Dave Mc who explained to me that it had been Fernandes instigating the crazy signings back then and not Hughes. Apparently, Fernandes reign in the early days was pretty dictatorial. This is one the reasons why I think it's unfair to lump Ruben in with Fernandes mistakes, the reckless spending and breaking the Financial Fair Play Rules. Even ousting Ollie for McLaren. Judge him from the moment he took over.

However, as you quite rightly say, I cannot have it both ways! I sincerely hope that Fernandes isn't lurking somewhere in the background suggesting Christian Nourry. Not sure if Mitttal plays any part these days, such a shame that some of our wonderful fans drove him away.

As I said I agree with you regarding hiring good football experienced people to run the club but I still think that these are people are hard to find, standing right next to Doctors and Vets in the unemployed queue. We had to poach Hoos from Burnley.

I am still willing to give Nourry a chance, one good window, one bad, wake up call. Would feel sorry for Marti if he was sacked given the players he has been given to work with and the players missing through injury. Hoping to see JCS on the team sheet in five minutes time.
Is this on Nourry? on 18:57 - Oct 22 with 370 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Is this on Nourry? on 14:01 - Oct 22 by TheChef

Belkin needs to go too.

#sackeveryone

Little wonder the club's recruitment has been poor. He's been busy producing consumer electronics. Focus, Andy!
Is this on Nourry? on 19:02 - Oct 22 with 327 viewsFDC

Edit wrong thread
[Post edited 22 Oct 19:03]
Is this on Nourry? on 19:08 - Oct 22 with 293 viewsrbee

Is this on Nourry? on 18:21 - Oct 22 by Hunterhoop

Quite. He’s been with the club around a decade and had been in the industry for a decade before.

He’s probably one of the few in the club who do have the experience required to do his job.

That doesn’t mean he has done a good one. As many have said, it is very hard to tell. Nevetherless, at some point there does need to be accountability. Whether it’s you 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 10th choice recommendation, you need to have some hits. He certainly needs some more hits versus the misses he’s had.

It interesting to look through our season by season Wiki pages and Belks has had plenty of hits.

Through my work I participate in lots of auctions and in a typical auction some items will sell for below your minimum expected price and others will sell way above your expected price, things even themselves out. I view player recruitment the same, you will have both hits and misses especially as so much work now is done on a computer rather than old fashioned scouting. Sometimes a player will thrive at one club and fail at another, it's the nature of the beast.
Is this on Nourry? on 19:09 - Oct 22 with 288 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Is this on Nourry? on 18:55 - Oct 22 by rbee

Your memory is better than mine, I thought Ruben came in later, I apologise.

I had the pleasure of having a lengthy chat some years ago with Dave Mc who explained to me that it had been Fernandes instigating the crazy signings back then and not Hughes. Apparently, Fernandes reign in the early days was pretty dictatorial. This is one the reasons why I think it's unfair to lump Ruben in with Fernandes mistakes, the reckless spending and breaking the Financial Fair Play Rules. Even ousting Ollie for McLaren. Judge him from the moment he took over.

However, as you quite rightly say, I cannot have it both ways! I sincerely hope that Fernandes isn't lurking somewhere in the background suggesting Christian Nourry. Not sure if Mitttal plays any part these days, such a shame that some of our wonderful fans drove him away.

As I said I agree with you regarding hiring good football experienced people to run the club but I still think that these are people are hard to find, standing right next to Doctors and Vets in the unemployed queue. We had to poach Hoos from Burnley.

I am still willing to give Nourry a chance, one good window, one bad, wake up call. Would feel sorry for Marti if he was sacked given the players he has been given to work with and the players missing through injury. Hoping to see JCS on the team sheet in five minutes time.

Think nothing of it, apology not required. The ownership model has been restructured so many times it can be difficult to keep track.

I doubt Fernandes is lurking in the shadows as he sold his shares in QPR Holdings in 2023. That's how Ruben came to be the majority shareholder he is today.

That being said, the official QPR statement was confusing so I understand the fear!
Is this on Nourry? on 22:32 - Oct 22 with 136 views1JD

Is this on Nourry? on 15:42 - Oct 22 by Ned_Kennedys

Nice try. We have the option of downvoting posts we disagree with on here: I disagree with quite a few of yours as in my opinion they have a combination of vague ITK agenda pushing and scapegoating Nourry incessantly when it appears to most that there are numerous people responsible for where we are at the moment: CEO, management team, recruitment team and players.

Ok, Christian.
Login to get fewer ads

Is this on Nourry? on 22:50 - Oct 22 with 76 viewsNed_Kennedys

Is this on Nourry? on 22:32 - Oct 22 by 1JD

Ok, Christian.

I’m so hurt 😭
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024