Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is this on Nourry? 19:29 - Oct 19 with 19035 viewsHunterhoop

I’ll bring it to the fore…
Is this on Nourry? on 08:42 - Oct 22 with 1709 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Is this on Nourry? on 23:17 - Oct 21 by Ned_Kennedys

Well I think we can all agree it looks like the recruitment has been sh1t.
Based on that I would have the Head Of Recruitment as having the main responsibly for starters.
Unless you are someone like 1JD who blames Nourry for every bad thing in the world that’s ever happened.

So who's decision was it to get Ashby and not Hayden? No way was that Belk.
I worked in Procurement for 20 years and I never made the final decision as to what was purchased. I put my recommendations to the board and they would decide and sign off.
If the decision was wrong that was on them, if it was right then the same.
How can the DoF blame his staff, the buck stops with Nourry. He sets the parameter regarding budget, position, skill set required and all the rest, all Belk can do is identify a number of players then the DoF gets to work.

He is throwing his staff under the bus to take the heat off himself. Cowardly, a bit like the players he signed.
Is this on Nourry? on 08:48 - Oct 22 with 1688 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Is this on Nourry? on 08:23 - Oct 22 by lassel

The one thing I think it is important to acknowledge is that Belk and his team don’t just put up one name when looking at signings, they provide a list of players and the one we end up with depends on other factors, not least the price the selling club will accept. We have no way obviously of knowing which of these players were the top choice and who was 2/3/4/5 on the list.

That said, with how many are in that team you have to ask the question as to how Celar was on the list as a lone striker, how Madsen was on the list in a midfield 2 or as a ‘10’.

It’s one of the key peculiarities of QPR that we spend so much money behind the scenes to be so desperately mediocre

On that point - and it's certainly something we heard from Belk in the past - didn't Nourry say somewhere that we got either our first or second choices in each of the ten cases this summer? Or have I imagined that?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Is this on Nourry? on 08:49 - Oct 22 with 1669 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Is this on Nourry? on 22:36 - Oct 21 by 1JD

I don’t disagree that Belk has been here a while, and transfers have largely been hit and miss.

But almost all the direction on transfer strategy is driven by the DOF, formerly Les, now Nourry.

The direction and decision to;
- Shift from UK markets (Ireland, Scotland, England, league 1, 2, and premier league 2) and shop in European markets only
- Bring in all 10 x new players with no championship experience between them
- Identify players through data and statistics

Is entirely driven by Nourry. He set the above transfer strategy, and Belk executed.

The DOF is also the one who is signing off on 5-year contracts for Madsen, to the tune of multiple millions in transfer fee. And low-balling youngsters without any real regard for their talent and future worth.

So, I’m struggling a bit with Belks true role in all of this. But one of two things will happen, he will be thrown under the bus by Nourry. And/or Nourry will separate his role into CEO and DOF, with a new hire, claiming it was all part of the plan.

Wait...Ireland's back in the UK this morning?

I need coffee and I have no sterling.

Is this on Nourry? on 09:00 - Oct 22 with 1608 viewsGaryHaddock

Is this on Nourry? on 08:49 - Oct 22 by BrianMcCarthy

Wait...Ireland's back in the UK this morning?

I need coffee and I have no sterling.

We’re sneaky tans mate. We snuck in while you were all sleeping and dreaming about low corporation tax 😆

We’re taking Guinness and Taytos but you can keep Mrs Brown’s Boys.
[Post edited 22 Oct 9:02]
Is this on Nourry? on 09:06 - Oct 22 with 1579 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Is this on Nourry? on 09:00 - Oct 22 by GaryHaddock

We’re sneaky tans mate. We snuck in while you were all sleeping and dreaming about low corporation tax 😆

We’re taking Guinness and Taytos but you can keep Mrs Brown’s Boys.
[Post edited 22 Oct 9:02]

Well, as long as ye don't take parts of Ulster...

Is this on Nourry? on 09:35 - Oct 22 with 1452 viewsNortholt_Rs

Is this on Nourry? on 08:23 - Oct 22 by lassel

The one thing I think it is important to acknowledge is that Belk and his team don’t just put up one name when looking at signings, they provide a list of players and the one we end up with depends on other factors, not least the price the selling club will accept. We have no way obviously of knowing which of these players were the top choice and who was 2/3/4/5 on the list.

That said, with how many are in that team you have to ask the question as to how Celar was on the list as a lone striker, how Madsen was on the list in a midfield 2 or as a ‘10’.

It’s one of the key peculiarities of QPR that we spend so much money behind the scenes to be so desperately mediocre

I wish we were mediocre it would be a massive improvement on what we currently are as a football team. I can’t recall seeing such an abysmal display as the shockingly poor dross served up to us on Saturday….and I’ve watched some real QPR shit football over the years. Yes, this is on our 26-year old know nothing nobody CEO and DOF. Kevin Gallen flagged this as an insane appointment and he is spot on.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Is this on Nourry? on 09:44 - Oct 22 with 1443 viewsGaryHaddock

Is this on Nourry? on 09:06 - Oct 22 by BrianMcCarthy

Well, as long as ye don't take parts of Ulster...

Is this on Nourry? on 09:50 - Oct 22 with 1432 viewslassel

Is this on Nourry? on 08:48 - Oct 22 by BrianMcCarthy

On that point - and it's certainly something we heard from Belk in the past - didn't Nourry say somewhere that we got either our first or second choices in each of the ten cases this summer? Or have I imagined that?

If Nourry told you it was a Tuesday you would be advised to check the calendar..
Login to get fewer ads

Is this on Nourry? on 09:53 - Oct 22 with 1418 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Is this on Nourry? on 09:50 - Oct 22 by lassel

If Nourry told you it was a Tuesday you would be advised to check the calendar..

Fair point!
I did mean to add a phrase along those lines, but forgot!

Is this on Nourry? on 10:09 - Oct 22 with 1331 viewsTheChef

Love the idea of us appointing a new DoF - except you can be sure we'll cock up that appointment too.

The decision to sign players almost solely from overseas is a very bold and risky one (as we are seeing...) - not only from the perspective of them getting up to speed with Championship football, but settling in off the pitch as well. I mean let's not forget these are all young blokes in their 20s.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Is this on Nourry? on 11:37 - Oct 22 with 1147 viewsNed_Kennedys

Is this on Nourry? on 08:42 - Oct 22 by Wilkinswatercarrier

So who's decision was it to get Ashby and not Hayden? No way was that Belk.
I worked in Procurement for 20 years and I never made the final decision as to what was purchased. I put my recommendations to the board and they would decide and sign off.
If the decision was wrong that was on them, if it was right then the same.
How can the DoF blame his staff, the buck stops with Nourry. He sets the parameter regarding budget, position, skill set required and all the rest, all Belk can do is identify a number of players then the DoF gets to work.

He is throwing his staff under the bus to take the heat off himself. Cowardly, a bit like the players he signed.

Nobody on here knows who pushed which particular signings do they or what the exact transfer process is? Not me, you, 1JD, Clive or anyone else. Everyone is guessing (despite a few pushing their own theories as total facts)

QPR have a Head of Recruitment: it seems logical to me that they do the legwork and come up with
their best recommendations for signings which are then passed to the DOF/CEO to work on the financials and get over the line or not depending on finances etc. Also logical to suggest the recruitment team therefore identified and recommended ALL the players we’ve signed. No idea what Cifuentes’ level of involvement is in the whole process.
Seems incredibly unlikely that Nourry over-ruled everyone to say ‘no let’s not get Hayden I’ve been watching Newcastle reserves and want Ashby instead’.

And your job was not in a football club buying players so it irrelevant.

And where’s the evidence of anyone throwing anyone else under the bus?
Is this on Nourry? on 11:59 - Oct 22 with 1075 viewsrbee

My guess.

Marti tells Belk and Nourry the players that he would like, full backs, centre mids, striker. Marti will also throw in some names that he has come across during his career, Andersen has to have been a Marti signing.

Belk finds targets for those positions, shows them to Marti and Nourry and all agree on the 1, 2, 3 targets.

Nourry attempts to do the deals.

Where we have fallen down this summer is evaluating whether our targets from The Belgian Leagues, Swiss League etc are going to cope with the demands of The Championship.
[Post edited 22 Oct 13:57]
Is this on Nourry? on 12:41 - Oct 22 with 973 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Is this on Nourry? on 11:37 - Oct 22 by Ned_Kennedys

Nobody on here knows who pushed which particular signings do they or what the exact transfer process is? Not me, you, 1JD, Clive or anyone else. Everyone is guessing (despite a few pushing their own theories as total facts)

QPR have a Head of Recruitment: it seems logical to me that they do the legwork and come up with
their best recommendations for signings which are then passed to the DOF/CEO to work on the financials and get over the line or not depending on finances etc. Also logical to suggest the recruitment team therefore identified and recommended ALL the players we’ve signed. No idea what Cifuentes’ level of involvement is in the whole process.
Seems incredibly unlikely that Nourry over-ruled everyone to say ‘no let’s not get Hayden I’ve been watching Newcastle reserves and want Ashby instead’.

And your job was not in a football club buying players so it irrelevant.

And where’s the evidence of anyone throwing anyone else under the bus?

Belks job is not to sign players. He would identify several players per position then put them forward for the final decision. It doesn't matter if it is Nourry or a group of people including Belk, the buck stops with Noury.

Nourry can't set the rules as to who to buy and then wash his hands of it when it goes wrong! Oh, I know, I'll blame the staff that I had full confidence in 5 months ago.

The DoF sets parameters, just as LF did, and then he lives with he result.

And no my job was not buying players, but it was working in a functioning well run business. Something I keep forgetting QPR isn't.
Is this on Nourry? on 13:50 - Oct 22 with 840 viewsHunterhoop

Is this on Nourry? on 11:59 - Oct 22 by rbee

My guess.

Marti tells Belk and Nourry the players that he would like, full backs, centre mids, striker. Marti will also throw in some names that he has come across during his career, Andersen has to have been a Marti signing.

Belk finds targets for those positions, shows them to Marti and Nourry and all agree on the 1, 2, 3 targets.

Nourry attempts to do the deals.

Where we have fallen down this summer is evaluating whether our targets from The Belgian Leagues, Swiss League etc are going to cope with the demands of The Championship.
[Post edited 22 Oct 13:57]

His name is Andy Belk, mate, not Belkin.
Is this on Nourry? on 14:01 - Oct 22 with 779 viewsTheChef

Is this on Nourry? on 13:50 - Oct 22 by Hunterhoop

His name is Andy Belk, mate, not Belkin.

Belkin needs to go too.

#sackeveryone

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Is this on Nourry? on 14:38 - Oct 22 with 641 viewsLongRanger

We can go round the houses guessing who recommended what, but ultimately the overriding issue here is a lack of experience. From the CEO, as 26 is no age for a CEO in any business regardless of how talented, it just isn't going to work anywhere...through to the players...we've signed a raft of players with no experience of this league at a time when too many of the experienced players we have are either injured or out of form. I think most of the new signings could come good, but they needed to be coming in to a settled team 2 at a time, not 4-5 at a time. Hopefully with the return of a fit JCS, Chair, Colback & Fox, we can start to settle and get out of this.

This isn't an isolated Nourry issue, its a wider management issue, but he's a major part of that problem.
Is this on Nourry? on 15:42 - Oct 22 with 505 viewsNed_Kennedys

Is this on Nourry? on 08:16 - Oct 22 by 1JD

We are sitting bottom of the league and our transfer strategy this summer has been nothing short of shocking. The first season in many a season where we actually had the luxury of spending money again. And we go and spunk 6m on absolute dross. The key decisions that Nourry needed to get right, he got wrong. Not to mention how fans - paying customers - are now treated as second class citizens and allowed to know precisely nothing anymore. Yet you appear to be Nourrys biggest defendant, and down vote every single Nourry post of mine. It’s as if you have some kind of personal interest, which is now becoming more than a little bit odd. Are you actually Mr Nourry?
[Post edited 22 Oct 8:21]

Nice try. We have the option of downvoting posts we disagree with on here: I disagree with quite a few of yours as in my opinion they have a combination of vague ITK agenda pushing and scapegoating Nourry incessantly when it appears to most that there are numerous people responsible for where we are at the moment: CEO, management team, recruitment team and players.
Is this on Nourry? on 15:47 - Oct 22 with 478 viewsterryb

Is this on Nourry? on 18:04 - Oct 21 by rbee

It's certainly thinking out of the box but after six years of basically failure under his ownership I can see why Ruben has tried something different.

It would have been a board decision.

But do any of the board members have football knowledge?

Amit & Hoos are businessmen although Hoos has been in the sport as a CEO for many a year. Only LF could have advised from a footballing perspective & he was ignored on employing managers.
Is this on Nourry? on 16:27 - Oct 22 with 409 viewsdaveB

Is this on Nourry? on 15:47 - Oct 22 by terryb

But do any of the board members have football knowledge?

Amit & Hoos are businessmen although Hoos has been in the sport as a CEO for many a year. Only LF could have advised from a footballing perspective & he was ignored on employing managers.

they've run a football club for 14 years, you'd hope they'd have picked something up by now and have some knowledge
Is this on Nourry? on 17:51 - Oct 22 with 289 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Is this on Nourry? on 01:08 - Oct 22 by rbee

I am all too aware that our owners have made many mistakes.

I am not defending our owners. I am only defending Ruben.

You say it yourself ''For more than a decade now they've made one poor decision after another.''

Ruben has not been around for more than a decade. The real damage to our club was done by Fernandes the impact of which we still feel today. There is a clear dividing line, the Fernandes era and the Ruben era. I get irrationally angry when Ruben is blamed for Fernandes huge errors when he wasn't even around or was a minority shareholder.

Judge Ruben on his era only bearing in mind he is operating within the Profit and Sustainability Regulations unlike his predecessor. Ruben has made mistakes; he would be the first to admit that. He was invited in to the club as in investor by his friend Fernandes and ended up owning the club which he wouldn't have envisaged or wanted in my opinion. If he could sell the club tomorrow I am sure he would gladly do so but nobody wants it. Luckily for us he keeps us going.

The vast majority were singing Christian Nourry’s praises in May when we avoided relegation and were nearly top of the form table. He offloaded unwanted players and clawed cash in from everywhere to allow for a good January transfer window.

As our form has flipped, with pretty much the same squad, our summer transfer window very poor and we sit bottom of the table fans are angry looking for someone to blame.

I am not defending Nourry or his appointment but taking the pragmatic view, after years of relative failure Ruben opted for a different approach. You have to assume that Ruben's fellow directors were in agreement and that he sought other advice.

We have no choice but wait until January and see if we can recover from this. If we don't then that is ultimately down to Ruben and he will know that along with everyone else.

You quite rightly say ''we deserve to be run professionally by seasoned professionals with commensurate experience.'' Every fan would love our club to be run the way that you describe it but if we cannot compete with the likes of Bristol City, Blackburn and Preston in the player transfer market what makes you think that we can compete in the 'senior directors with relevant experience' market. I would suggest that such individuals are few and far between even more so in The Championship. Hoos did a good job in my opinion and it is too early to judge Nourry. I am not disagreeing with you but highlighting a few reasons why we are not currently in that position and that is without mentioning budget constraints, we have to cut our cloth.

Ruben has made mistakes and will make some more but he is not leading us down the same path as the likes of Derby and Reading.

On the DOF/Football side of things Neil Warnock, Mark Warburton etc have as much experience in a Director of Football role as Sir Les did when he was appointed. The majority of candidates would be novices.

Please don't make the mistake of creating 2 distinct eras of ownership. QPR is owned by a consortium. Ruben has been a major shareholder in that consortium since 2011. He joined together with Fernandes, and was named co-chairman in June 2015.

Given the consortium ownership model, I agree that any criticism should be levelled at all of the co-owners. For example, your assumption that Ruben's fellow directors reached an agreement on the appointment of Nourry is fair but it doesn't detract from the fact that it's a poor decision.

However, you can't have it both ways. This same assumption applies when Fernandes was chairman. As a major shareholder, Ruben would've had a say and, following your logic, you have to also assume that he was in agreement with the decisions made.

Now, I prefer to look forward than back so let's return to the present day. Ruben is now the majority shareholder in a consortium with Richard Reilly and Lakshmi Mittal. Hence, I found your question around what LFW comrades think Ruben should do intriguing. My answer remains the same; hire folk with experience and a track record of success.
Is this on Nourry? on 17:59 - Oct 22 with 276 viewsSeward

This sits with Belk.
He’s been here since Warbourton and the recruitment is not good enough.what are his qualifications for the role, what is his FOOTBALL, not data analysis background ?
Head of recruitment should be a football person
Is this on Nourry? on 18:05 - Oct 22 with 262 viewspaulparker

Is this on Nourry? on 16:27 - Oct 22 by daveB

they've run a football club for 14 years, you'd hope they'd have picked something up by now and have some knowledge

They are as clueless now as they were then

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Is this on Nourry? on 18:08 - Oct 22 with 254 viewsNorthernr

Is this on Nourry? on 17:59 - Oct 22 by Seward

This sits with Belk.
He’s been here since Warbourton and the recruitment is not good enough.what are his qualifications for the role, what is his FOOTBALL, not data analysis background ?

I reckon there's a fair chance he'll be the next fall guy.

I also reckon there's a fair chance it'll make no difference.
Is this on Nourry? on 18:15 - Oct 22 with 225 viewsaston_hoop

Is this on Nourry? on 17:59 - Oct 22 by Seward

This sits with Belk.

Worked in football for nearly 20 years I believe including many years at QPR, long before Warbs was involved. Clubs are getting promoted out of this division year after year with data analytics driving the signings.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Is this on Nourry? on 18:21 - Oct 22 with 195 viewsHunterhoop

Is this on Nourry? on 18:15 - Oct 22 by aston_hoop

Worked in football for nearly 20 years I believe including many years at QPR, long before Warbs was involved. Clubs are getting promoted out of this division year after year with data analytics driving the signings.

Quite. He’s been with the club around a decade and had been in the industry for a decade before.

He’s probably one of the few in the club who do have the experience required to do his job.

That doesn’t mean he has done a good one. As many have said, it is very hard to tell. Nevetherless, at some point there does need to be accountability. Whether it’s you 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 10th choice recommendation, you need to have some hits. He certainly needs some more hits versus the misses he’s had.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024