Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are you Madsen? 17:19 - Oct 19 with 13013 viewsJevlar

Well I am after that. Hate to scapegoat a player, but I’ve made more effort on the toilet than he did in that entire match.

Pathetic and powderpuff
Are you Madsen? on 23:06 - Oct 19 with 2538 viewsbaz_qpr

Are you Madsen? on 22:27 - Oct 19 by hopekillsyou

He didn’t have a bad first half.He had some decent touches. Didn’t he shoot over the bar in one of our brief pressure periods?
[Post edited 19 Oct 22:29]

He set up dembele, and stopped the ball off the line all be it which they then scored from through Fields legs / weak block. 1st half he was 6/10, 2nd half he was 3/10 and rabbit in the head lights amongst all the head tennis and losing Chair. 1st half our issues were with Dunne, Fox, Paal and Field who were all really sloppy on the ball and played us into trouble numerous times. 2nd half we were ok, not good until the 2nd gift from Fox, the switch to 3-5-2 and Celar coming on. from there on we were absolute garbage
Are you Madsen? on 23:12 - Oct 19 with 2507 viewsHunterhoop

Are you Madsen? on 23:06 - Oct 19 by baz_qpr

He set up dembele, and stopped the ball off the line all be it which they then scored from through Fields legs / weak block. 1st half he was 6/10, 2nd half he was 3/10 and rabbit in the head lights amongst all the head tennis and losing Chair. 1st half our issues were with Dunne, Fox, Paal and Field who were all really sloppy on the ball and played us into trouble numerous times. 2nd half we were ok, not good until the 2nd gift from Fox, the switch to 3-5-2 and Celar coming on. from there on we were absolute garbage

Disagree. We were better in the first half than second and several around me commenting how well Field was playing and how poor Madsen was in the first half too.
Are you Madsen? on 23:32 - Oct 19 with 2432 views1JD

Are you Madsen? on 23:06 - Oct 19 by baz_qpr

Madsen has been totally anonymous in pretty much every game he’s played this season. A few touches and flicks here and there. That’s it. He’s got nothing you need to be a CM at this level - in no world is he an 8. Definitely not a 6. As for being a number 10 that’s equally laughable.

You play Madsen, you are virtually playing with 10 men as he’s that much of a problem. It’s been obvious from game 1.

As for the extortionate price tag and 5 year contract, he’ll be 29 when that ends. Millions down the drain, just like that. Unbelievable.
Are you Madsen? on 23:38 - Oct 19 with 2390 viewsQPunkR

Are you Madsen? on 23:32 - Oct 19 by 1JD

Madsen has been totally anonymous in pretty much every game he’s played this season. A few touches and flicks here and there. That’s it. He’s got nothing you need to be a CM at this level - in no world is he an 8. Definitely not a 6. As for being a number 10 that’s equally laughable.

You play Madsen, you are virtually playing with 10 men as he’s that much of a problem. It’s been obvious from game 1.

As for the extortionate price tag and 5 year contract, he’ll be 29 when that ends. Millions down the drain, just like that. Unbelievable.

Disgusting innit. We've gone through years of not being able to spend a penny then as soon as we find some change down the back of the sofa we spunk it on useless dogshit like this. Typical Rangers

QPR - "shit but local"

Are you Madsen? on 00:03 - Oct 20 with 2332 viewsrbee

Are you Madsen? on 18:35 - Oct 19 by HammersmithR

He literally offers nothing to the team. He doesn’t demand the ball or control the midfield. He is so bad. He is not good enough for this level of football. He’s on some mad 4 year contract or something. Another one we are now stuck with for years.

I would hope that any of our summer signings that don’t work out will be sold back in to the leagues where they came from, where they were successful. We would lose heavily on transfer fees but better that than retaining them as bench warmers. Some may still come good and thrive on a winter’s night in Hull.
Are you Madsen? on 00:07 - Oct 20 with 2293 viewsLogman

Are you Madsen? on 00:03 - Oct 20 by rbee

I would hope that any of our summer signings that don’t work out will be sold back in to the leagues where they came from, where they were successful. We would lose heavily on transfer fees but better that than retaining them as bench warmers. Some may still come good and thrive on a winter’s night in Hull.

But only QPR could sign a couple of Scandinavians who are unable to operate on a cold wet winter evening
Are you Madsen? on 00:10 - Oct 20 with 2304 viewsrbee

Are you Madsen? on 00:07 - Oct 20 by Logman

But only QPR could sign a couple of Scandinavians who are unable to operate on a cold wet winter evening

🤣
Are you Madsen? on 02:08 - Oct 20 with 2184 viewsE17hoop

Are you Madsen? on 21:17 - Oct 19 by Hunterhoop

He put Madsen to shame in the time they were on the pitch together. I’d wager during that period he had 5x the touches. Our big money signing was hiding.

Madsen had 10 touches in the period Morgan was on to Morgan's 20. Not 4 times by any stretch and when we were attacking more in the last 20 minutes.

Madsen had more touches higher up the pitch than Field throughout the game. He also had 3 shots, 40 passes with a 70% success rate.

Madsen didn't have a good game - the only player I'd rate above a 6 would be Frey. But was he as bad as everyone is making out? He wasn't great but no worse than many others.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

Login to get fewer ads

Are you Madsen? on 03:32 - Oct 20 with 2153 viewsSouthAfricanRanger

Are you Madsen? on 19:11 - Oct 19 by VancouverHoop

Half the QPR players on the pitch today weren't with us last season. That's not an excuse merely an observation, but no footballer is just 'Plug-in-and-Play.' We've also a manager with less than half a season behind him at this level, and a CEO who's barely old enough to shave. Only us fans are a constant.

These first matches were always going to be a bumpy ride. Unfortunately, though the wheels haven't fallen off yet, they're certainly wobbling a fair bit. Personally I don't think the two early international breaks have helped at all. It's more than halfway through October and we've yet to complete a quarter of our schedule. Footballers need games, not two weeks to think about a three game losing streak.

Agree with you Vancouver

DonnieR

Are you Madsen? on 08:00 - Oct 20 with 2016 viewsNortholt_Rs

Half the QPR players on the pitch today weren't with us last season. That's not an excuse merely an observation, but no footballer is just 'Plug-in-and-Play.' We've also a manager with less than half a season behind him at this level, and a CEO who's barely old enough to shave. Only us fans are a constant.

These first matches were always going to be a bumpy ride. Unfortunately, though the wheels haven't fallen off yet, they're certainly wobbling a fair bit. Personally I don't think the two early international breaks have helped at all. It's more than halfway through October and we've yet to complete a quarter of our schedule. Footballers need games, not two weeks to think about a three game losing streak.

The wheels have most definitely fallen off. That was a tough watch at the ground yesterday. Wrong starting XI, wrong formation, wrong tactics, players arguing with each other and gesticulating like they didn’t know what they were supposed to be doing. It was a complete car crash. We are rock bottom of the Championship for a reason….we are dogshit. Full house and quiet as the grave with all of us stunned at what we were watching. This team has relegation written all over it. Cifuentes looked a broken man in his post match interview.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Are you Madsen? on 08:07 - Oct 20 with 1996 viewsWatford_Ranger

Are you Madsen? on 02:08 - Oct 20 by E17hoop

Madsen had 10 touches in the period Morgan was on to Morgan's 20. Not 4 times by any stretch and when we were attacking more in the last 20 minutes.

Madsen had more touches higher up the pitch than Field throughout the game. He also had 3 shots, 40 passes with a 70% success rate.

Madsen didn't have a good game - the only player I'd rate above a 6 would be Frey. But was he as bad as everyone is making out? He wasn't great but no worse than many others.

Yes. Yes he was.
Are you Madsen? on 10:17 - Oct 20 with 1844 viewsbongo_king

Are you Madsen? on 23:32 - Oct 19 by 1JD

Yep - agreed. While some may say too early to judge, ultimately he seems not what we needed and a poor use of our limited budget (FWIW I see some positive attributes, but not the ones we're crying out for).

Marti's now at a crossroads - try to accommodate him/build round him or relegate him to bit part as we build around other players. I fear, due to the price tag we'll end up on the former route. We've tried a variety of things with him. With the team we have I can only see one option left: 4-3-3 (or Christmas tree 4-3-2-1) with Varane and Field holding, Madsen floating up and down in the 3, charged with both being the option to get the ball out of defence and a middle of the pitch playmaker. Somewhere between 8 and 10. Given Field and Varane seem largely incapable of getting the ball forwards (and Varane so far looks lost once he passes the halfway line), it could work, but it could also lesser the impact of Dembele, Chair and Satio. I would not be surprised to see something like this tried on Tuesday.
Are you Madsen? on 10:57 - Oct 20 with 1742 viewsBurnleyhoop

Are you Madsen? on 10:17 - Oct 20 by bongo_king

Yep - agreed. While some may say too early to judge, ultimately he seems not what we needed and a poor use of our limited budget (FWIW I see some positive attributes, but not the ones we're crying out for).

Marti's now at a crossroads - try to accommodate him/build round him or relegate him to bit part as we build around other players. I fear, due to the price tag we'll end up on the former route. We've tried a variety of things with him. With the team we have I can only see one option left: 4-3-3 (or Christmas tree 4-3-2-1) with Varane and Field holding, Madsen floating up and down in the 3, charged with both being the option to get the ball out of defence and a middle of the pitch playmaker. Somewhere between 8 and 10. Given Field and Varane seem largely incapable of getting the ball forwards (and Varane so far looks lost once he passes the halfway line), it could work, but it could also lesser the impact of Dembele, Chair and Satio. I would not be surprised to see something like this tried on Tuesday.

Agree with a lot of that. The recruitment has veered too far to the playmaker / ball player type and completely neglected the tenacity also needed to compete in this league.

I can see what Madsen is capable of, and it might work in other leagues, but this league is fast and aggressive and pretty much all the new guys are not attuned to it whatsoever.

Other teams will now know we will crumble under a quick physical press and target individual players accordingly. We need to set up to avoid conceding soft goals and build from there. A clean sheet needs to be a priority and hope the likes of Chair or Dembele can pull something out of the bag. Frey looks useful but slow, as for Celar….what we would give for Armstrong rampaging around up front taking some of the pressure off.
Are you Madsen? on 11:08 - Oct 20 with 1694 viewsozexile

Are you Madsen? on 10:57 - Oct 20 by Burnleyhoop

Agree with a lot of that. The recruitment has veered too far to the playmaker / ball player type and completely neglected the tenacity also needed to compete in this league.

I can see what Madsen is capable of, and it might work in other leagues, but this league is fast and aggressive and pretty much all the new guys are not attuned to it whatsoever.

Other teams will now know we will crumble under a quick physical press and target individual players accordingly. We need to set up to avoid conceding soft goals and build from there. A clean sheet needs to be a priority and hope the likes of Chair or Dembele can pull something out of the bag. Frey looks useful but slow, as for Celar….what we would give for Armstrong rampaging around up front taking some of the pressure off.

I know he obviously scored high on stats. But did anyone actually go and watch him? Actually embarassing the players we've signed.
Are you Madsen? on 11:18 - Oct 20 with 1645 viewsWatford_Ranger

Are you Madsen? on 10:57 - Oct 20 by Burnleyhoop

That is what Varane is meant to be in theory and we’ve seen glimpses of that. Too much of a glimpse at Blackburn admittedly.
Are you Madsen? on 14:58 - Oct 20 with 1430 viewsjoe90

Everyone criticising Madsen is wrong.You don’t understand what you’re seeing and probably don’t understand football. Our cultured, languid, Dane is completely wasted on you footballing Neanderthals. He’s composed and has a great silky first touch. If you’ve missed it then you’ve not been paying attention. Your simple minds can only comprehend prehistoric, 4-4-2, long ball, lots of tackles and PASHUN! There is no middle ground. It’s either Madsen or you’re uneducated scum. You can’t have nice things, the tooth fairy doesn’t exist, Christmas is cancelled!!!!
Are you Madsen? on 15:03 - Oct 20 with 1413 viewsloftboy

Are you Madsen? on 22:54 - Oct 19 by Logman

Kieran Morgan looked quite good when he came on (albeit it was easier for him to make an impression there, with the game stretching from end to end). Looked good though, as do Bennie, Lloyd etc. when they come on. Problem is, we shouldn't be calling upon these players to try and bail us out with 15 minutes to go.

I was worried that Marti had thrown him under the bus, bringing a youngster on in a game that we were losing, but he played well and played without fear.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Are you Madsen? on 16:25 - Oct 20 with 1254 viewscolinallcars

They all seem so weak don't they ?
When my grandad was with Monty's eighth army in the western desert in 1942, if you wanted tea you had to boil the water in a brown paper bag. If they were out of brown bags you had to boil the water in your cupped hands.
Tough ? don't talk to me about tough….
Are you Madsen? on 16:27 - Oct 20 with 1246 viewsNorthernr

He takes anonymous to whole new levels. Makes Dozzell look like fcking Rambo.
Are you Madsen? on 16:49 - Oct 20 with 1170 viewsnumptydumpty

Are you Madsen? on 16:27 - Oct 20 by Northernr

Very very harsh to put him up with Dozzell. He has two goals and an assist after just ten games. Dozzell think that was all he got over three or four seasons.

Yes he has the appearance and brutality of Dozzell but think let us hope things can change. All our new players have elements of fragility but none of them are as yet Andre.

Way too early to elevate players to such heightened levels of uselessness just yet !!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Are you Madsen? on 17:00 - Oct 20 with 1138 viewsBenny_the_Ball

What gets me about Madsen is that he fancies himself as a number 8 when it's clear he lacks the key attributes for the role. Little wonder then that his previous manager decided to employ him in the 10 however, that's not what we need. We need a genuine box-to-box number 8.
[Post edited 20 Oct 17:03]
Are you Madsen? on 17:09 - Oct 20 with 1089 views1JD

Are you Madsen? on 16:49 - Oct 20 by numptydumpty

Very very harsh to put him up with Dozzell. He has two goals and an assist after just ten games. Dozzell think that was all he got over three or four seasons.

Yes he has the appearance and brutality of Dozzell but think let us hope things can change. All our new players have elements of fragility but none of them are as yet Andre.

Way too early to elevate players to such heightened levels of uselessness just yet !!!

One was a penalty. And the other a tap in.

I’m interested in his all round game as a CM. The engine room of any side. Can he tackle? Does he come and get the ball and get us playing? Does he jump for headers? Does he understand how to position himself as a CM? Does he have any kind of physicality whatsoever? Does he press? Does he have energy?

He does absolutely none of this.

Madsen the friendly Ghost.
Are you Madsen? on 18:24 - Oct 20 with 881 viewsJevlar

Are you Madsen? on 16:27 - Oct 20 by Northernr

I lost it at about the 85 minute as Madsen strolled about not wanting, looking or even getting into a position that might help and shouted ‘Madsen is making Dozzell look like Roy Keane’.
[Post edited 20 Oct 18:25]
Are you Madsen? on 18:33 - Oct 20 with 834 viewsqpr_1968

well i hope qpr don't get to the end of this little number....

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Are you Madsen? on 18:50 - Oct 20 with 725 viewsmart_Goblin

Are you Madsen? on 18:24 - Oct 20 by Jevlar

I lost it at about the 85 minute as Madsen strolled about not wanting, looking or even getting into a position that might help and shouted ‘Madsen is making Dozzell look like Roy Keane’.
[Post edited 20 Oct 18:25]

🤣🤣🤣

As I said in another thread , at least Dozzell wanted the ball from our back 4. He done nothing with it but always wanted it .

I did see someone say that from their view in the upper loft Madsen was showing for the ball all the time .
Well, respectfully, as we all see things different , I was sitting in the upper loft , getting burnt alive by the sun, but I saw Madsen show once , with purpose, for the ball and Nardi chose not to give it to him.

Every other time he half showed with no real intent to receive the ball or totally hid in areas where he couldn’t.
Shameful that we have to give a debut to a kid to try and get hold of the thing in midfield. Shows how lacking we are in there.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024