Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are you Madsen? 17:19 - Oct 19 with 13012 viewsJevlar

Well I am after that. Hate to scapegoat a player, but I’ve made more effort on the toilet than he did in that entire match.

Pathetic and powderpuff
Are you Madsen? on 19:58 - Oct 20 with 2096 viewsJevlar

Are you Madsen? on 18:50 - Oct 20 by mart_Goblin

🤣🤣🤣

As I said in another thread , at least Dozzell wanted the ball from our back 4. He done nothing with it but always wanted it .

I did see someone say that from their view in the upper loft Madsen was showing for the ball all the time .
Well, respectfully, as we all see things different , I was sitting in the upper loft , getting burnt alive by the sun, but I saw Madsen show once , with purpose, for the ball and Nardi chose not to give it to him.

Every other time he half showed with no real intent to receive the ball or totally hid in areas where he couldn’t.
Shameful that we have to give a debut to a kid to try and get hold of the thing in midfield. Shows how lacking we are in there.

I sit in F block so SAR, but your description there and assessment of Kieron Morgan, was exactly how I saw the game too.

I’d give Morgan a start over Madsen for the next game. You simply can’t play like that in the Championship. We basically had a 1 man midfield.

Imagine what a better team would have done to us, it would’ve been a shellacking.
Are you Madsen? on 20:05 - Oct 20 with 2048 viewsPunteR

Yeh Madsen is an issue. Too static. He looks a bit rabbit in the headlights in this league.
I think we play way too deep for him.
Im not liking this passing around the back nonsense either. Just pathetic yesterday where we nearly lost the ball and we invite pressure. We end up hitting long anyway.
Midfield is the main problem i think. Highlighted yesterday by the ball just rolling through the middle of the pitch with no one anywhere near it, which started an attack by Pompey who probably couldn't believe their luck.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Are you Madsen? on 20:33 - Oct 20 with 1943 viewsHammersmithR

He’s never a centre midfielder in a million years. He ambles around the pitch. To play centre mid you have to impact the game with pressing, tackling, passing and driving the team forward. He does none of this. Yesterday was not the first game where he was literally hiding. That’s inexcusable for a professional footballer. He’s come from a Mickey Mouse team with an average attendance of 4-5,000 a game in a poor league. He’s come to us and he’s way out of his depth for the intensity of the Championship. We are stuck with him on a ‘multi year’ contract because Nourry’s computer tells him he’s a good player. Obviously Nourry’s computer doesn’t take into account he’s playing in a joke league.
Are you Madsen? on 20:34 - Oct 20 with 1921 viewsWegerles_Stairs

I don't dislike Madsen to the degree others do but he's certainly a luxury player. A team at the bottom of the Championship can't have someone like him strolling around. I think he's got something though.
Are you Madsen? on 20:51 - Oct 20 with 1840 viewsBurnleyhoop

Are you Madsen? on 11:08 - Oct 20 by ozexile

I know he obviously scored high on stats. But did anyone actually go and watch him? Actually embarassing the players we've signed.

More to the point, did anyone go and watch any of these players?

Dembele was a bit of a known quantity, but as for the rest of them.
Are you Madsen? on 21:47 - Oct 20 with 1725 viewsVancouverHoop

Are you Madsen? on 20:34 - Oct 20 by Wegerles_Stairs

I don't dislike Madsen to the degree others do but he's certainly a luxury player. A team at the bottom of the Championship can't have someone like him strolling around. I think he's got something though.

I suppose the current response would be 'I hope it's not catching!'

But seriously I agree, and have defended him on here. Truth is none of our mid-fielders are playing well, which is a systemic/coaching issue rather than an individual one. And one that needs to be addressed sooner rather than later.
Are you Madsen? on 21:48 - Oct 20 with 1710 viewsLogman

Are you Madsen? on 17:00 - Oct 20 by Benny_the_Ball

What gets me about Madsen is that he fancies himself as a number 8 when it's clear he lacks the key attributes for the role. Little wonder then that his previous manager decided to employ him in the 10 however, that's not what we need. We need a genuine box-to-box number 8.
[Post edited 20 Oct 17:03]

Top five box-to-box number 8's:

1. Gerry
2. Ale
3. Barker
4. Rowly
5. Peacock
Are you Madsen? on 22:20 - Oct 20 with 1614 viewsLblock

Stats…. 6 ft 4 midfielder with 8+ goals a season and 10+ assists a season in a European league

Who didn’t buy that? Even the analysis features on these ‘ere pages were creaming over him

Facts… if you watch him play in the flesh he is a total luxury player, a fairy, hide n seek champion with zero pace and even less imposition

Tells me these signings were made by fancy Dans with computer models and no serious consideration of the absolute dog slog the Championship is.

It was getting to the stage where I felt I was conducting a personal vendetta against Madesn as I just wasn’t seeing it with him. It pains me to have been right.
It also makes me feel worse than Pontious Pilate at Easter that Marti actually chose to finish the game with him and Anderson the Pretender on the same pitch. Marti man c’mon…. If you’re going to publicly resign do it with the class we know you posses fella and not like this!!!!

What a club this is.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Login to get fewer ads

Are you Madsen? on 22:35 - Oct 20 with 1578 viewsLazyFan

The excuse before was you cannot play Madsen and Andersen as they cannot get around the pitch and playing two of them means you leave big holes in the middle. Well, now we see Madsen leaves big holes anyway. He just cannot get up and down the pitch quick enough and the game leaves him by. So, effectively we are playing 10 men.

Ashby was gash as well. That was supposed to be his position and he looked lost. A weak in the tackle Santos can at least cross a ball. Paal is lucky Fox had a mare, otherwise he should be dropped as well.

Field cannot become two or three players to dominate the middle. He's on his own and when he gets too many yellows who is there to come in? Colback might not be ready by then.

Can we have Varane now or EDB? As these players are way better than Badson.

zzzzzzzzzz

Are you Madsen? on 08:57 - Oct 21 with 1298 viewsGhost_on_the_Westway

We thought we’d signed Mr Blonde. Turns out we signed Mr Jelly.
Are you Madsen? on 09:05 - Oct 21 with 1268 viewsWatford_Ranger

What is a number eight apart from sweet and sour chicken balls? Is it what a Luddite like me would have called ‘box-to-box’? Oh for the days when a midfielder could do a bit of everything.
Are you Madsen? on 12:29 - Oct 21 with 1101 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Morgan felt like a breath of fresh air for the last 20 minutes purely because he was actually willing. He was willing to receive the ball and pass it forwards, beyond the Portsmouth defence.

He never quite got it right or anything but the very fact he trusted his touch and vision and got on with playing football by trying to create openings feels like a bit of a revelation for a QPR midfielder. He really showed a lot of players up for their lack of bottle for me in just a 20 minute cameo.

Field has worked and played himself proud for a few seasons now but I think we all know he'll never be a penetrative passer, nor be wildly comfortable facing his own goal while being closed down.

The fact that an 18 year old lad that's only been here a few months and was signed for the development squad is looking like our most (possibly only) progressive midfield player tells you everything you need to know about how this squad has been assembled.

I honestly don't think the club had any idea what it was signing in Madsen and possibly Varane as well... Although he has at least shown the odd flash of competence.

I'd be very tempted to risk starting Morgan tomorrow night. A) because I'm not sure what he could do to be less effective than Madsen and B) because he's arguably the only player all season that's shown he's willing to take responsibility and actually try to create something. We're managing to lose every game anyway... you might as well risk donating the middle of the pitch to the opposition AGAIN for the gain of the potential of the odd pragmatic, clever forward pass.

What a state. Unbelievable.
Are you Madsen? on 13:10 - Oct 21 with 1005 viewsLoyalitat

Are you Madsen? on 09:05 - Oct 21 by Watford_Ranger

What is a number eight apart from sweet and sour chicken balls? Is it what a Luddite like me would have called ‘box-to-box’? Oh for the days when a midfielder could do a bit of everything.

You're not a luddite. It is exactly that. You know; Simon Barker, Ale Faurlin, Gerry Francis etc.

Madsen ain't any of the above and never will be. Dom Ball did a better job when called upon during his time at QPR and I didn't rate him that highly, but you could never question his commitment, endeavour and he was braver on the ball than Madsen. Yes, he made some mistakes in that position, but he never hid.

NB: I'm not banging the drum for Ball's return.
[Post edited 21 Oct 13:11]
Are you Madsen? on 14:03 - Oct 21 with 891 viewsjohncharles

Are you Madsen? on 20:34 - Oct 20 by Wegerles_Stairs

Arthritis maybe ?

Strong and stable my arse.

Are you Madsen? on 14:29 - Oct 21 with 783 viewsHunterhoop

Are you Madsen? on 13:10 - Oct 21 by Loyalitat

You're not a luddite. It is exactly that. You know; Simon Barker, Ale Faurlin, Gerry Francis etc.

Madsen ain't any of the above and never will be. Dom Ball did a better job when called upon during his time at QPR and I didn't rate him that highly, but you could never question his commitment, endeavour and he was braver on the ball than Madsen. Yes, he made some mistakes in that position, but he never hid.

Dom Ball would significantly improve this side as it stands. I would be much more comfortable him alongside Field.
Are you Madsen? on 14:42 - Oct 21 with 748 viewsWatford_Ranger

Are you Madsen? on 13:10 - Oct 21 by Loyalitat

I am a Luddite but just not because of this.
Are you Madsen? on 14:53 - Oct 21 with 697 viewsconnell10

Are you Madsen? on 20:33 - Oct 20 by HammersmithR

He’s never a centre midfielder in a million years. He ambles around the pitch. To play centre mid you have to impact the game with pressing, tackling, passing and driving the team forward. He does none of this. Yesterday was not the first game where he was literally hiding. That’s inexcusable for a professional footballer. He’s come from a Mickey Mouse team with an average attendance of 4-5,000 a game in a poor league. He’s come to us and he’s way out of his depth for the intensity of the Championship. We are stuck with him on a ‘multi year’ contract because Nourry’s computer tells him he’s a good player. Obviously Nourry’s computer doesn’t take into account he’s playing in a joke league.

Well my computer says ....NO!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Are you Madsen? on 15:03 - Oct 21 with 649 viewsTK1

Are you Madsen? on 14:29 - Oct 21 by Hunterhoop

Dom Ball would significantly improve this side as it stands. I would be much more comfortable him alongside Field.

His performances for an atrocious Orient side this season suggest not. They're one point off the bottom off the bottom of L1, and their fans are even more mutinous than QPR fans (for similar reasons: an encouraging second-half of 2023-24 and new signings, like Dom Ball, about whom much was expected).

A guy on my street is Os home and away. I used to ask him how Smyth was getting on ("best winger in league": so no stranger to hyperbole), now it's Kelman (rolls his eyes) and Dom Ball. Ball, he said a little sadly, is miles and miles off the pace. I think that last injury at Ipswich was pretty ruinous, long-term.

I don't think we got the blend of signings right this summer, at all. I can see merit in all the signings individually - but it should've been Varane or Madsen; Saito or Dembele; Ashby or Santos, plus two other Championship dependables for the spine.

But I'd have all the midfielders we signed ahead of 2024 Dom Ball.
Are you Madsen? on 15:47 - Oct 21 with 568 viewsjohncharles

We need someone with passion, courage and stamina. Wonder what Holloway’s doing these days ?

Bet he would if we asked him 🤣

Strong and stable my arse.

Are you Madsen? on 15:50 - Oct 21 with 552 viewsHunterhoop

Are you Madsen? on 15:03 - Oct 21 by TK1

His performances for an atrocious Orient side this season suggest not. They're one point off the bottom off the bottom of L1, and their fans are even more mutinous than QPR fans (for similar reasons: an encouraging second-half of 2023-24 and new signings, like Dom Ball, about whom much was expected).

A guy on my street is Os home and away. I used to ask him how Smyth was getting on ("best winger in league": so no stranger to hyperbole), now it's Kelman (rolls his eyes) and Dom Ball. Ball, he said a little sadly, is miles and miles off the pace. I think that last injury at Ipswich was pretty ruinous, long-term.

I don't think we got the blend of signings right this summer, at all. I can see merit in all the signings individually - but it should've been Varane or Madsen; Saito or Dembele; Ashby or Santos, plus two other Championship dependables for the spine.

But I'd have all the midfielders we signed ahead of 2024 Dom Ball.

Well, the version of Dom Ball that was last with us, I’d rather have.

I’d also suggest you are vastly overrating the midfielders we do have. I’m not sure Madsen would look up to it in League 1 either. Game would bypass him, as would the ball.
Are you Madsen? on 15:56 - Oct 21 with 530 viewsdaveB

Are you Madsen? on 14:29 - Oct 21 by Hunterhoop

Bobby Ball would improve our midfield and he's been dead 3 years
Are you Madsen? on 09:37 - Oct 22 with 304 viewsTheChef

Are you Madsen? on 08:00 - Oct 20 by Northolt_Rs

The wheels have most definitely fallen off. That was a tough watch at the ground yesterday. Wrong starting XI, wrong formation, wrong tactics, players arguing with each other and gesticulating like they didn’t know what they were supposed to be doing. It was a complete car crash. We are rock bottom of the Championship for a reason….we are dogshit. Full house and quiet as the grave with all of us stunned at what we were watching. This team has relegation written all over it. Cifuentes looked a broken man in his post match interview.

We might as well go straight to the Isthmian League now, eh Northolt?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Are you Madsen? on 09:47 - Oct 22 with 287 viewsTheChef

Are you Madsen? on 21:48 - Oct 20 by Logman

Top five box-to-box number 8's:

1. Gerry
2. Ale
3. Barker
4. Rowly
5. Peacock

Tsk you forgot Stuart Wardley.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Are you Madsen? on 09:50 - Oct 22 with 280 viewsNortholt_Rs

Are you Madsen? on 09:37 - Oct 22 by TheChef

We might as well go straight to the Isthmian League now, eh Northolt?

We might win a few games there….

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024