Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just back 22:11 - Oct 5 with 3826 viewsloftboy

Very frustrating and worrying. Going to be along season at this rate.
Travelled up with Stowmarket Ranger and lose the drum and one other who doesn’t post on here.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Just back on 22:23 - Oct 5 with 3702 viewsstowmarketrange

Shame the football gets in the way of a good day out.
Just back on 22:25 - Oct 5 with 3666 viewscolinallcars

At least you can go back to a few pints of Adnam's….
Just back on 22:25 - Oct 5 with 3668 viewsQPunkR

Just back on 22:23 - Oct 5 by stowmarketrange

Always with Rangers

QPR - "shit but local"

Just back on 22:28 - Oct 5 with 3634 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Just back on 22:23 - Oct 5 by stowmarketrange

Nothing worse than laying down hard earned money to travel to see another very dissapointing QPR display.As usual the killer second goal arrives soon after the first and we never look like even getting a draw.
Last Winter/Spring we pulled a lot of these games out to get something its like day and night right now.
Just like Ainsworth the question still stands ,is it the manager or the players ?
Just back on 23:55 - Oct 5 with 3222 viewsconnell10

Just back on 22:28 - Oct 5 by CLAREMAN1995

Nothing worse than laying down hard earned money to travel to see another very dissapointing QPR display.As usual the killer second goal arrives soon after the first and we never look like even getting a draw.
Last Winter/Spring we pulled a lot of these games out to get something its like day and night right now.
Just like Ainsworth the question still stands ,is it the manager or the players ?

Both

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Just back on 00:20 - Oct 6 with 3053 viewsstainrods_elbow

Just back on 22:28 - Oct 5 by CLAREMAN1995

I thought it was the other way round - we only started playing (a bit) at 0-2 down, and then actually looked at times like a credible attacking team - which makes things even worse. Had Smyth scored with his on-target effort and their keeper not brilliantly saved Dunne's (I think) header, it could have been an interesting end to the game.

I might be clutching at straws, but it suggested this team does have one or two makings at least.
[Post edited 6 Oct 1:13]

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Just back on 05:43 - Oct 6 with 2824 viewsenfieldargh

Just back on 00:20 - Oct 6 by stainrods_elbow

I thought it was the other way round - we only started playing (a bit) at 0-2 down, and then actually looked at times like a credible attacking team - which makes things even worse. Had Smyth scored with his on-target effort and their keeper not brilliantly saved Dunne's (I think) header, it could have been an interesting end to the game.

I might be clutching at straws, but it suggested this team does have one or two makings at least.
[Post edited 6 Oct 1:13]

That improvement in our game coincided with the 4 subs, the 2 Danes one poor one non existent, Ashby whose ball retention wasn’t good(whose was?j and another Saito(?) being replaced made our team stronger.

Roll on Portsmouth game then we will see the true nature of this squad.

I can’t wait

captains fantastic
Poll: SWEET F'IN CAROLINE. Played every half time

Just back on 08:01 - Oct 6 with 2440 viewsdavman

Lost that in a 5 minute spell. Rank first half between two rank teams. The first goal was bad enough giving a CB a completely free header to pick his spot, but the second was nothing short of disgraceful.

From OUR kick off!

The game started with Paal slapping his diag to hoof it up the pitch into the one Derby player closing him down and that just set the tone. Jimmy Dunne's clearance at our goal was another particularly "highlight".

Ashby no better than Santos on that showing, Paal còntinues to stroll through games with no urgency and no criticism, Cook's form of captaincy appears to bawl out others constantly, Madsen sleeps his way through games and the wind appears to blow our attacking midfielders over. Anderson and Saito spent the afternoon being out muscled. Nardi kept the score down, but his kicking was poor. Frey gave his all, but isn't really all that, he just looks good because he plays in THIS team.

On the plus side (!) of course the subs gave us some hope. The defence improved with Fox there and Illy showed what a difference he will make by just coming for the ball and not hiding. Celar looked better with Frey out there and Smyth needed a force 3 wind to knock him over (not great, but better than being blown over by a fart).

Back to four centre backs across the back four, Colback in and Chair and Smyth in for Anderson and Saito. In other words Nardi and the 11 from last season.

Great new signings there, Christian, good working blowing all of the budget on reserves whi are not up to scratch.
[Post edited 6 Oct 8:03]

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Login to get fewer ads

Just back on 08:14 - Oct 6 with 2316 viewsHunterhoop

Just back on 08:01 - Oct 6 by davman

Lost that in a 5 minute spell. Rank first half between two rank teams. The first goal was bad enough giving a CB a completely free header to pick his spot, but the second was nothing short of disgraceful.

From OUR kick off!

The game started with Paal slapping his diag to hoof it up the pitch into the one Derby player closing him down and that just set the tone. Jimmy Dunne's clearance at our goal was another particularly "highlight".

Ashby no better than Santos on that showing, Paal còntinues to stroll through games with no urgency and no criticism, Cook's form of captaincy appears to bawl out others constantly, Madsen sleeps his way through games and the wind appears to blow our attacking midfielders over. Anderson and Saito spent the afternoon being out muscled. Nardi kept the score down, but his kicking was poor. Frey gave his all, but isn't really all that, he just looks good because he plays in THIS team.

On the plus side (!) of course the subs gave us some hope. The defence improved with Fox there and Illy showed what a difference he will make by just coming for the ball and not hiding. Celar looked better with Frey out there and Smyth needed a force 3 wind to knock him over (not great, but better than being blown over by a fart).

Back to four centre backs across the back four, Colback in and Chair and Smyth in for Anderson and Saito. In other words Nardi and the 11 from last season.

Great new signings there, Christian, good working blowing all of the budget on reserves whi are not up to scratch.

It might be a tad early to write off all the new signings, Dav. But I completely agree that the pragmatic and right thing to do would be to play the players from last season with Nardi. The PPG under Cifuentes would have reached 10th position over a full season I believe. Nardi is clearly a huge upgrade on Begovic too. I’d be happy with a back 4 of centre backs, Colback in next to Field. Chair in the middle (though hadn’t considered this as he has always played out left - even last season he played there and Andersen central at the back end of the season), with Smyth and Dembele wide. At present, we cannot play Madsen, and Andersen. And we can’t play 4 players behind the CF who are weak as p*SS and don’t contribute much off the ball. 3 is the most. In some games I’d play only 2.
Just back on 08:39 - Oct 6 with 2111 viewsThe_Beast1976

Just back on 08:01 - Oct 6 by davman

From OUR kick off!

"In other words Nardi and the 11 from last season"

Yep, that's about the size of it. Summer budget blown on players on players who aren't good enough. We've gone backwards. Would also prefer Armstrong and/or Dykes up front to either of Frey and/or Celar (the latter of whom looks absolutely dire)
Just back on 08:50 - Oct 6 with 2014 viewsFDC

We definitely looked better after the subs, with an 11 closer to last season's team. In part Martì has had his hand forced by injuries, hopefully the break will help.

I did think Chair linking up with Dembele looked useful, I'd be happy to see them start together. And Dembele dropping deep and then linking with Frey was about the only time we came close to putting anything together in the first half.

Despite all this, we shouldn't be writing off the new signings just yet. It's not too surprising really that a team with so many new signings looks like it lacks character. But hopefully with injuries clearing up over the break we can integrate the new signings more cautiously going forward.
[Post edited 6 Oct 9:08]
Just back on 09:11 - Oct 6 with 1806 viewsPaddyhoops

Don’t know if anyone else ran in to the horrendous traffic jams on the way home. Took us an over an hour to get out of Derby and then ran into an accident on the slip road trying to get onto the M1.
As for the Chicken Burger in Leons at Watford Gap . No words .
As for the game itself. Good first ten minutes and then we spiralled downwards against a bang average Derby side.
The changes made a big difference.
Even Smyth who was criticised by myself and others was an upgrade on the Jekyll and Hyde that is Saito.
Dunne looks better at full back and his drive offers a lot more than Santos and Ashbey .
Biggest problem is our Danish duo . They have to improve or be dropped. For who I’m not sure.
Two weeks to sort it out . Lose against Portsmouth and it will get very nasty .
As it did to a certain degree yesterday.
Just back on 10:20 - Oct 6 with 1350 viewsjohnhoop

Just back on 08:14 - Oct 6 by Hunterhoop

It might be a tad early to write off all the new signings, Dav. But I completely agree that the pragmatic and right thing to do would be to play the players from last season with Nardi. The PPG under Cifuentes would have reached 10th position over a full season I believe. Nardi is clearly a huge upgrade on Begovic too. I’d be happy with a back 4 of centre backs, Colback in next to Field. Chair in the middle (though hadn’t considered this as he has always played out left - even last season he played there and Andersen central at the back end of the season), with Smyth and Dembele wide. At present, we cannot play Madsen, and Andersen. And we can’t play 4 players behind the CF who are weak as p*SS and don’t contribute much off the ball. 3 is the most. In some games I’d play only 2.

Absolutely this. It’s a team which should be able to give us a chance to actually compete in games again.
If he continues picking anything like yesterday’s team after the international break and the losing streak continues then his stubbornness will bring our downfall. I really hope he doesn’t and there were signs at the end of last year that he is prepared to be pragmatic when the situation demands it .
Just back on 17:22 - Oct 6 with 630 viewsDamo1962

Just back on 10:20 - Oct 6 by johnhoop

Absolutely this. It’s a team which should be able to give us a chance to actually compete in games again.
If he continues picking anything like yesterday’s team after the international break and the losing streak continues then his stubbornness will bring our downfall. I really hope he doesn’t and there were signs at the end of last year that he is prepared to be pragmatic when the situation demands it .

If he is as a good a manager as a lot claim...then he now has the perfect opportunity to show it. Ainsworth got rightly slaughtered for doing the same thing over and over again and expecting it to work - MC needs to make sure that doesn't happen to him. I am expecting a very different line up and tactics if everyone is available after the break.
Just back on 17:54 - Oct 6 with 480 viewsstainrods_elbow

Just back on 17:22 - Oct 6 by Damo1962

If he is as a good a manager as a lot claim...then he now has the perfect opportunity to show it. Ainsworth got rightly slaughtered for doing the same thing over and over again and expecting it to work - MC needs to make sure that doesn't happen to him. I am expecting a very different line up and tactics if everyone is available after the break.

It worried me how he almost winced in the post-match interview when it was put to him, basically, that he and the team now had two weeks to earn their corn - rather than detailing how he would be embracing all the things that need working on. Still has plenty to prove at this level, like his imports, and let's hope he/they can.

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Just back on 18:00 - Oct 6 with 463 viewsDamo1962

Just back on 17:54 - Oct 6 by stainrods_elbow

It worried me how he almost winced in the post-match interview when it was put to him, basically, that he and the team now had two weeks to earn their corn - rather than detailing how he would be embracing all the things that need working on. Still has plenty to prove at this level, like his imports, and let's hope he/they can.

We agree.
Just back on 19:48 - Oct 6 with 143 viewsdaveB

We did look better after the subs but it was 2-0 and Derby eased off so not sure we can take much from that and even in that spell Derby missed a few good chances to score more.

I found the whole performance depressing, we were poor first half, no real width with Paal doing this inverted full back stuff so was easy to defend against, It just felt throughout that they wanted it a bit more than us, very strong in the tackle, pressing us to get the ball back whilst we looked a bit half arsed

Day wasn't helped by the train being over booked so was standing room only going back until the Luton fans got off at leicester, did see Nick London on the platform though and bottled asking him about his departure.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024