Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Friday Choons - Love The Second Time Around 08:53 - Sep 20 with 496 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Songs that seemed to pass you by when they were released, but hooked you later.
When this came out, we were all into 'Psycho Killer and 'Once in a Lifetime'.
Now this one's my favourite. Absolute belter.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Friday Choons - Love The Second Time Around on 09:07 - Sep 20 with 461 viewsDaBurgh

I remember buying the Doobie brothers 'Stampede' album back in '75. But was nonplussed by this song, until the 90's when I was introducing my 10 year old daughter to good Ole boy southern rock, didn' t want her to lose touch with her heritage. . Then fell in love with this tune, still play it often to this very day.
Friday Choons - Love The Second Time Around on 11:34 - Sep 20 with 330 viewsFDC

Not exactly a hidden gem, but - I partook in some of that MDMA at a mate's wedding a few years ago just before I moved overseas, where this was played. Obviously a bit of a wedding standard, but in the moment - the nostalgia of moving away from friends, the surplus of serotonin in my synapses - it hit me differently. Then this summer it was played at another wedding, and my 7 year old daughter really loved it. So it's now graduated from 'standard piece of cheese for weddings' to 'standard piece of family sing-along on the way to school'.

[Post edited 20 Sep 11:36]
Friday Choons - Love The Second Time Around on 11:38 - Sep 20 with 315 viewscolinallcars

Ol' Blue Eyes….should he blue and white eyes.
Friday Choons - Love The Second Time Around on 00:05 - Sep 22 with 158 viewsCateLeBonR

Most Gerry Rafferty songs.
Friday Choons - Love The Second Time Around on 00:15 - Sep 22 with 134 viewsSK_hoops

Never rated this band at the time, but heard this recently and, my god, what a tune:

Friday Choons - Love The Second Time Around on 00:34 - Sep 22 with 118 viewsrbee

Friday Choons - Love The Second Time Around on 09:07 - Sep 20 by DaBurgh

I remember buying the Doobie brothers 'Stampede' album back in '75. But was nonplussed by this song, until the 90's when I was introducing my 10 year old daughter to good Ole boy southern rock, didn' t want her to lose touch with her heritage. . Then fell in love with this tune, still play it often to this very day.

Stampede is my favourite Doobies album, wonderful songs and production. Love the bassline on Neal's Fandango which is the second track on the album. Here is the first track, a storming start to an album.

Friday Choons - Love The Second Time Around on 03:14 - Sep 22 with 74 viewsFredManRave

My best mate loved this track from the off, but I was all like, "what's this, incomprehensible lyrics followed by yeke yeke" nonsense?!

Now, I just love it. The intro, the incomprehensible lyrics, and the drop.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024