Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kick off times 22:58 - Sep 19 with 3560 viewscolinallcars

As we approach another cock's-crow kick off time, as I mulled over my ale, it occured to me that if all this is a “success”, ie increased subs and ad revenue for Sky, we could be looking back at this season as the good old days when we still had some Sat 3pm kick offs.
It surely behoves all those with Sky subs to cancel.
Kick off times on 11:17 - Sep 21 with 418 viewsHunterhoop

The really weird thing about today’s fixture is today in London we have QPR v Millwall on at the same time as West Ham v Scum. Met must be pleased about that. After the game, when they’ll be stretched keeping tabs on that, they have Tottenham at home (to Brentford), Fulham at home (to Newcastle), and then, at the 5.30pm ko, Palace at home to Utd. Isn’t that a mad bit of scheduling?!
Kick off times on 09:23 - Sep 22 with 227 viewsSussex_Ranger

So, just comparing attendances on the three home games so far this season (all 12:30pm KO) versus the corresponding fixtures last season:

- WBA 16,818 last season... 15,900 this season

- Plymouth 16,339 last season... 15,285 this season

- Millwall 17,184 last season... 15,350 this season

Each one down on last season, and worth bearing in mind that the Plymouth and WBA games last season were both evening fixtures. On average, down just over 8% for us. I bet other clubs are seeing a drop in gates too. And I have read comments on a couple of forums about local pubs being down on their takings. So many people I have spoken to aren't happy about all the 12:30 kick offs.
We need to take a leaf out of the French fans' book:

https://www.entrevue.fr/en/bein-tue-la-l2-match-arrete-balles-de-tennis-la-ligue
Kick off times on 09:55 - Sep 22 with 151 viewslondonscottish

Kick off times on 09:04 - Sep 20 by CroydonCaptJack

Will I see you in the Defectors mate?

Less queueing at 11am on the plus side

As it turned out I got to the ground with just enough time for a quick pint and an artery-hardening burger.

The afters at the C&S were great though. Much better than the game :-)

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024