Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So many positives - yet a meltdown on here - dose of reality please 06:54 - Sep 18 with 4283 viewsnumptydumpty

Lets get some perspective here.

We had three centre backs injured. Our best player over the last few seasons has not played this season.

We played our new right back and from what I saw, he could easily oust Dunne from his place later this season.

The only two, I would say could have played if we were full strength tonight were Dembele and he came on for the entire second half and Frey who for me was rightly rested. Celar was ok but needs minutes as we only have two centre forwards.

Walsh in goal. Fine for me. Important also to give him a game. Maybe he could have done better with the Nketiah goal but was quick thinking from Eze that was more to blame and the centre forward that's been at Arsenal hit a strong finish.

It was a great atmosphere at the game. I am assuming that a lot of the negative comments are from people that weren't there.

Eze's goal had a huge slice of luck and as said still we almost scored at the death.

On another day we win this and all the negative comments would not be on here.

Some posts frankly embarrassing.

Last season not only were we losing most games but the quality of football was absolute garbage.

We seem to have made a lot of really excellent signings and the style of football is exciting.

We have in Marti, one of our most progressive managers for a long long time.

We have had games against three or four teams that likely to be in the top six and we are currently in the top half of the championship.

The two scorers for Palace, Nketiah cost £50 million, Eze valued at £70 million and they had the new England centre back, Guehi valued £60 million to beat and we created enough to win the game.

We are not Arsenal. We are not Liverpool. We are not even Crystal Palace.

We put in a spirited performance.

Some fans need to get real. Was a great night out and we deserved better. The support from the fans at the game, I felt was totally positive.

And yes, am assuming a lot of the negativity was from people that weren't there.

Some comments on here though last night from fans IMO were frankly embarrassing.

Fricking heck - get behind your team. Unfortunately we can't win every game but we gave it a good go and it was a spirited performance.

We are doing fine. We got a decent squad. Five subs is regular most games so it's a squad game now. And totally understand players all need minutes and we were far from a weakened team. Colback was not playing. Many were criticising our midfield at Wednesday and Colbacks red card in waiting has been mentioned also. He is also not the future.

But get real. We got rid of a lot of dross. The new boys are exciting to watch and our manager is a top top man.

If people are peed off with this after the dreadful fare under Ainsworth, only a year ago. Well basically you are never going to be happy supporting any teams QPR are able to put out.

Yes it's disappointing we did not get through and what would have been our best cup run for decades. As everyone knows we have been shocking in the cups for such a long time.

It's football. Sometimes you lose games you deserve to win. And excuse me but Palace at the end of last season were one of the more exciting teams in the league above and the gulf between the divisions is immense. All three promoted teams were relegated immediately last season. There is such a massive gap and yet you would not have known that last night.

Embarrassing posts from many that really should know better.

It was a decent performance.

Palace had international players throughout their team and squad and we gave them a game. Whatever the value of our team, we are still many slots down from the quality Palace possess.

On another night we go through. Lloyd a whisker away from scoring. A home grown player.

There are so many positives yet to be honest many posters last night were embarrassing and from a few that normally fair in their opinions.

It's football. We deserved better but it didn't happen. Yes it was not the outcome we wanted or deserved but so many positives and yet so many really negative comments.

That's my opinion but really !!!!

I am certainly NOT a happy clapper but if people can't be happy about superb progress.

Less than a season ago, we were heading for league one and total oblivion.

We were so poor that most of us, myself included, felt we were heading for many many years in the lower leagues.

If people can not see that and recognise the absolutely unbelievable progress we have made with am sure very small outlay, then you are supporting the wrong club. 

As said the vibes from the crowd were mainly very positive on the night and perhaps a lot of posters with such negativity weren't there or it was just disappointment we didn't quite get over the line

So much better performance than Saturday also when according to some that was our full strength side.

A dose of reality needed from many on here. Last night on here was far from worthy of a message board melt down.

We go again on Saturday

Come on you Rrrs.

Seriously it's actually currently a good time to be an R. Although a stranger dropping by yesterday may have thought otherwise !@@@!!

Sent from my Galaxy

[Post edited 18 Sep 6:57]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

So many positives - yet a meltdown on here - dose of reality please on 15:42 - Sep 18 with 716 viewsRsinWales

So many positives - yet a meltdown on here - dose of reality please on 15:27 - Sep 18 by TheChef

Didn't realise till last night what a unit Mateta is - his arse is huge!

I was at the game and felt proud of both the team and the supporter base.

Great turn-out for this competition and really got behind the team.

With a number of players out of contention, we competed very well with a Premier League team and had Smith's header or Lloyd's shot gone in, it would have been pens to decide.

If we play as well as that in Championship matches we will be well into the top half.

The truth was Eze was the main difference. Quick thinking for the first and a big slice of luck for the second, but he was excellent.

I just don't get some of our support base. After about 20 minutes I heard a guy behind me in the Loft calling our new teenage debutant "a useless Geordie #<!^@". The level of over-reaction and aggression towards our own players by some is startlingly immature. We all want to win, but c'mon...does that kind of abuse help?
So many positives - yet a meltdown on here - dose of reality please on 15:48 - Sep 18 with 699 viewsTheChef

So many positives - yet a meltdown on here - dose of reality please on 15:42 - Sep 18 by RsinWales

I was at the game and felt proud of both the team and the supporter base.

Great turn-out for this competition and really got behind the team.

With a number of players out of contention, we competed very well with a Premier League team and had Smith's header or Lloyd's shot gone in, it would have been pens to decide.

If we play as well as that in Championship matches we will be well into the top half.

The truth was Eze was the main difference. Quick thinking for the first and a big slice of luck for the second, but he was excellent.

I just don't get some of our support base. After about 20 minutes I heard a guy behind me in the Loft calling our new teenage debutant "a useless Geordie #<!^@". The level of over-reaction and aggression towards our own players by some is startlingly immature. We all want to win, but c'mon...does that kind of abuse help?

Mate of mine was at the Wednesday game and two blokes behind him spent the whole time moaning and slagging off the players.

Wonder why they bother? Thought we're supporters, y'know, there to support?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

So many positives - yet a meltdown on here - dose of reality please on 15:50 - Sep 18 with 694 viewsRsinWales

So many positives - yet a meltdown on here - dose of reality please on 15:48 - Sep 18 by TheChef

Mate of mine was at the Wednesday game and two blokes behind him spent the whole time moaning and slagging off the players.

Wonder why they bother? Thought we're supporters, y'know, there to support?

I've been going to LR since the 70s and we have always had some of these 'types'. I really do not understand why they come along. It seems bad for their blood pressure and cardiac health, and it doesn't do the team any favours either!
So many positives - yet a meltdown on here - dose of reality please on 15:57 - Sep 18 with 675 viewsrbee

So many positives - yet a meltdown on here - dose of reality please on 07:29 - Sep 18 by dm97

Every word.

To add to one of your points ND- Squad rotation when you have Kakay Drewe and Kelman is one thing, but if you actually have some squad depth it’s *the right thing to do* to get minutes into Varane et al. They’ll be better for it and probably deserve it if they’re working hard in training etc.

The same people moaning last night will be the ones who lambast the club if key players get injured for not managing their minutes better. Total unnecessary meltdown from the sorts of posters who I usually agree with!

I said the same pre match and got down voted, lol

Even Cambridge rested a few players when we played them, the majority of clubs do it, and we are fortunate at the moment to have some talented players who need game time.
So many positives - yet a meltdown on here - dose of reality please on 16:02 - Sep 18 with 637 viewsloneranger1

So many positives - yet a meltdown on here - dose of reality please on 08:15 - Sep 18 by gazza1

We were playing a Premiership Club whom put out near to their best players. They were 'miles' ahead of us in all aspects of the game and fair play to them. Also, remembering they are a bottom half team as well.

I enjoyed watching them knock the ball around and making so much space for themselves. It shows how much we need to get better and showed how limited our players were against Premier players.

No meltdown here.

Sorry, fat fingers - meant to update!
Also enjoyed the ball being knocked around nicely (sometimes by us!)
So many positives - yet a meltdown on here - dose of reality please on 16:06 - Sep 18 with 608 viewsnumptydumpty

So many positives - yet a meltdown on here - dose of reality please on 07:29 - Sep 18 by dm97

Every word.

To add to one of your points ND- Squad rotation when you have Kakay Drewe and Kelman is one thing, but if you actually have some squad depth it’s *the right thing to do* to get minutes into Varane et al. They’ll be better for it and probably deserve it if they’re working hard in training etc.

The same people moaning last night will be the ones who lambast the club if key players get injured for not managing their minutes better. Total unnecessary meltdown from the sorts of posters who I usually agree with!

Indeed several respected forumites on here posting all sorts of criticisms.

Either it was national "lose your sh*t" day or there was something contagious in the ethers numbing certain people's senses of reason.

Very strange reactions on here yesterday to an ultimately positive display.

Twilight Zone beckons perhaps !!!!
[Post edited 18 Sep 16:07]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

So many positives - yet a meltdown on here - dose of reality please on 16:54 - Sep 18 with 521 viewsderbyhoop

I thought it was a little disappointing to see the team sheet for a game we could win. But the performance of fringe players who need more game time was encouraging.
Decent performance but, in all honesty, they were a class above. Hardly surprising when they field Eze Guehi, Mateta, Nketiah, etc.

I'm not going to lose my sh1t over a narrow defeat to a close to full strength PL team.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

So many positives - yet a meltdown on here - dose of reality please on 16:55 - Sep 18 with 518 viewsNed_Kennedys

So many positives - yet a meltdown on here - dose of reality please on 16:06 - Sep 18 by numptydumpty

Indeed several respected forumites on here posting all sorts of criticisms.

Either it was national "lose your sh*t" day or there was something contagious in the ethers numbing certain people's senses of reason.

Very strange reactions on here yesterday to an ultimately positive display.

Twilight Zone beckons perhaps !!!!
[Post edited 18 Sep 16:07]

What are you blathering on about?
This is a forum for opinions: tough luck if you don’t always agree with them.
There’s been no ‘meltdown’ about last night on here.
Login to get fewer ads

So many positives - yet a meltdown on here - dose of reality please on 17:08 - Sep 18 with 484 viewsstainrods_elbow

So many positives - yet a meltdown on here - dose of reality please on 08:02 - Sep 18 by QPROslo

It was a tired looking performance from Dembele on Saturday so I wasn't surprised he was rested last night.

Tired!?!?

After barely 4 games with his new club!?!?

If you're having a laugh, it's not even funny.

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

So many positives - yet a meltdown on here - dose of reality please on 17:27 - Sep 18 with 460 viewsQPROslo

So many positives - yet a meltdown on here - dose of reality please on 17:08 - Sep 18 by stainrods_elbow

Tired!?!?

After barely 4 games with his new club!?!?

If you're having a laugh, it's not even funny.

Yes, Dembele looked tired, jaded to me at SW. Certainly well off the level he'd been at since he joined us at the start of the season
So many positives - yet a meltdown on here - dose of reality please on 17:34 - Sep 18 with 430 viewsmart_Goblin

So many positives - yet a meltdown on here - dose of reality please on 09:31 - Sep 18 by Phildo

I wasn’t in my usual seat as I couldn’t work out the Ticketmaster season ticket thing so was right on the touchline and I enjoyed Ashby singing along with the ‘we are QPR’ song . Liked the look of him as he grew into the game.

Ha ha . Saw Alfie Lloyd doing something similar whilst warming up in the first half
So many positives - yet a meltdown on here - dose of reality please on 22:10 - Sep 18 with 225 viewsBurnleyhoop

So many positives - yet a meltdown on here - dose of reality please on 08:32 - Sep 18 by ozexile

I think people's frustration is not about last night's performance at all it's just a build up of years and years of throwing away cup competitions for mid table league positions.

If this team gels sooner rather than later, there is no reason we can’t make a push for the play offs. The potential is there.

Mid table mediocrity is not necessarily a given!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024