Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Celar 21:38 - Sep 17 with 8627 viewshopekillsyou

Is he underwhelming or am I missing something?
I’d really like to be impressed but I’m struggling.
Celar on 23:05 - Sep 17 with 2415 viewsT_Block

Deep breath: GIVE the lad a chance.

Have you ever thought your opinion may be a bit quick to judge?
Marti must see the potential as must the Slovenian National manager.

I hope the lad doesn’t read this rubbish.

Have any of those criticising ever coached or managed?

Finally Celar worked very very hard tonight,possibly ran the most of any QPR player
Celar on 23:08 - Sep 17 with 2397 viewsHooping_Mad

Celar on 23:05 - Sep 17 by T_Block

Deep breath: GIVE the lad a chance.

Have you ever thought your opinion may be a bit quick to judge?
Marti must see the potential as must the Slovenian National manager.

I hope the lad doesn’t read this rubbish.

Have any of those criticising ever coached or managed?

Finally Celar worked very very hard tonight,possibly ran the most of any QPR player

Have you ever trusted your instincts?

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Celar on 23:18 - Sep 17 with 2310 viewsessextaxiboy

Celar on 23:08 - Sep 17 by Hooping_Mad

Have you ever trusted your instincts?

My honest instincts are that once he gets 15-20 games under his belt and scores 2 or 3 he will be fine .
Celar on 23:23 - Sep 17 with 2285 viewsnumptydumpty

Crikey

I would assume that most of the fans calling for Celar's head on a platter were doing the same to Frey last season.

He looks fit and does make runs but it's not quite happened
There is the odd nice touch, lay off etc but it's not quite happened as yet.

Tbf I think all of our signings have shown moments of promise which is great. Celar has not clicked as yet and it's extremely early days

He's our player and am sure he wants to succeed but of course even though the start to the season has been decent, some fans will always write off certain players way too early.

Give the guy a break and support all your players

The boo boys always have to have a target.

Well there you go - destroy the man if you will !!!
[Post edited 17 Sep 23:27]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Celar on 23:26 - Sep 17 with 2274 viewsNorthernr

I'm not saying he's any good, but if you play towards him like he's Frey then you're not going to get good results. If you play towards him like he's Frey WHILE HE'S BEING MARKED BY MARC GUEHI, then you're not going to get any results.
Celar on 23:45 - Sep 17 with 2155 viewsAntti_Heinola

Early days.
Not many champ level strikers playing as lone man up top against Guehi and 2 others are going to do a lot of damage.
Quietest I've seen from him though,really struggled tonight.

Bare bones.

Celar on 23:51 - Sep 17 with 2137 viewsnumptydumpty

Celar on 23:45 - Sep 17 by Antti_Heinola

Early days.
Not many champ level strikers playing as lone man up top against Guehi and 2 others are going to do a lot of damage.
Quietest I've seen from him though,really struggled tonight.

Blame Dykes for leaving as a number two choice striker in a championship squad to the number three choice striker in a league one team.

Marti wasn't intending to sell any of the three centre forwards but Dykes decided money was his decision and his choice to eat jaffa cakes this season.

Maybe place the criticism here is more to the point.

Just saying.

Celar on 23:56 - Sep 17 with 2094 viewsHooping_Mad

Dykes as a man I thought was first class.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Login to get fewer ads

Celar on 00:05 - Sep 18 with 2058 viewsFredManRave

I'm sure I saw mentioned on another thread today that there's a Celar tape of him scoring some decent goals so he presumably hasn't suddenly lost that ability.

I'm hoping it's a case of new (tough) league with new teamates and style of play and the infamous quote that we alwas hear about strikers (more than any) being confidence players, so the hope must be that as soon as the first goes in, there'll be plenty more to follow.

It will be forever known as the Celerway.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Celar on 00:09 - Sep 18 with 2040 viewsnumptydumpty

Celar on 23:56 - Sep 17 by Hooping_Mad

Dykes as a man I thought was first class.

Heard good things about him as a man.

Was suggesting all those criticising Celar, Dykes left for a lower league team when Marti wanted him to stay and it was too late to find a replacement. Was questioning his decision has left us short.

Celar on 00:12 - Sep 18 with 2035 viewskensalriser

Celar on 00:09 - Sep 18 by numptydumpty

Was suggesting all those criticising Celar, Dykes left for a lower league team when Marti wanted him to stay and it was too late to find a replacement. Was questioning his decision has left us short.

You really think we didn't want to sell Dykes? I'd suggest a rethink on that one.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Celar on 01:21 - Sep 18 with 1940 viewsnumptydumpty

Celar on 00:12 - Sep 18 by kensalriser

You really think we didn't want to sell Dykes? I'd suggest a rethink on that one.

Weren't planning to sell him at end of window

Were offered a fee so took it but the timing left us no time to get a replacement. Point was making.

Celar on 04:56 - Sep 18 with 1805 viewsstainrods_elbow

Celar's performance was so limp we might as well have played a stick of celary.

(I know it's spelt with an 'e', btw.)
[Post edited 18 Sep 4:56]

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Celar on 07:09 - Sep 18 with 1653 viewsmart_Goblin

I’m not sure about MC and his opinion on this but from what I hear Dykes was in tears that Saturday morning begging not to be sold . But the club decided to cash in .
Got that from 2 or 3 people who were there working that day and the Luton game that followed in the cup .
I still think that was the best decision for both parties but in isolation , I have no doubt Dykes would have offered more than Celar did last night . The end result would have still been the same though I think .

I just don’t think we play to Celar’s strengths (I’m presuming they are finishing and being instinctive inside the box). He didn’t come to chase the ball across the pitch for 90 minutes in the same way Clive Allen or Gary Linekar weren’t bought for there link up play . That’s not a comparison by the way .
He is a penalty box striker it seems , playing for a team who don’t get into the box a great deal . He’ll struggle if he and we don’t find a way .
(No subject) (n/t) on 07:14 - Sep 18 with 1633 viewsmart_Goblin

Celar on 08:11 - Sep 18 with 1408 viewsgazza1

He is certainly finding life very hard in the Championship, isnt doing many basics right, one run last night, from a reasonable ball pass, he never attacked the ball he .......not so sure that he will be good enough despite seeing him only a few times.

Dykes was not good enough so no point in bringing LD into the equation.
Celar on 09:09 - Sep 18 with 1125 viewshubble

Celar on 21:50 - Sep 17 by strikerace

We basically played with 10 men. Surely there must be an U21 striker who can play instead

I was at the game. It looked like we were playing with 8 men in the first half: Celar, Madsen and EDB were all dreadful. Amazing that we only conceded one goal.

So firstly, a genuine question: what have people seen that gives them any faith whatsoever that Celar can score goals? I've watched every game this season, either online or at the ground, and so far I've seen absolutely nothing from him. His press is weak, he doesn't tackle, his positioning is poor, and he can't finish, either with his head or his feet. So all I've got to go on is the fact that he was apparently decent in the past. I'd love to see some sign, a hint, that he's got what it takes. A cheeky back flick, a goal-bound shot, setting up someone else to score.... But so far.... nada. And so what if we were playing Premiership opposition, that shouldn't stop him doing something positive.

Secondly, Madsen: he was awful too. Poor decision making, poor passing (nearly all of it backwards), zero press, zero tackles. He's like a giant powder puff.

So for me, those are two black marks against our recruitment policy. The big positive for me was Varane. I could see he had quality from his first outing, and last night he was very good. Positive passing, strong in the tackle, great interceptions; I really think we've got a rough diamond here, who with some more polishing will really sparkle. So that's one excellent signing, versus two poor ones. Dembele is obviously another great signing and Saito is... ok. So that kind of makes it even on the recruitment side. Oh, Nardi is excellent too, so it's +1 for the recruitment. Too early to tell about Ashby.

Sorry to have changed the subject from the OP, but thought I might as well put it all in one post, and so my other main gripe is that I'm with Brian (McCarthy) - putting out the B team properly pissed me off. We had an excellent opportunity to progress in the cup last night and Marti threw it away with that line-up. Yeah, yeah, yeah, he's saving it for Millwall. What's the point of competetive football if you don't compete? Isn't that why we go to games? To see us try and win?

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Celar on 09:16 - Sep 18 with 1092 viewsstevec

Celar on 22:37 - Sep 17 by mart_Goblin

Needs time ….must be patient …the goals will come .

I tend to agree with all of that . But for those things to happen he has to to start making the right decisions especially with his movement .
Prime example was with 5 mins to go. Lloyd looks up, Celar is running in behind and just as Lloyd draws his foot back to play the through ball , Celar checks his run and ducks behind the defender making it look like a poor pass . It wasn’t if he just does what he should do .

He did it 4 times tonight , twice when Ashby looked up to play into his feet . Made a run then changed his mind at the last minute .

He’s a penalty box striker and I’m not sure he suits the way we play

Yes that 5 minutes to go play confirmed my worst fears, what was he thinking?

Offers nothing, no wonder Marti wrapped up Frey in cotton wool last night.
Celar on 10:23 - Sep 18 with 933 viewsGloucs_R

Lets just rewind a bit. The lad scored 40 in 90 at Lugano but struggled before that.

Looking at his goals from last season, below, they majority were taken from between the penalty spot and the goal line. Step back and think about how we play, how often do we put the ball into that space?

Also looking at some of that defending in the highlights, I am not sure the Swiss league is as strong as the Championship.

He'll have to get used to how we play plus where and when to make runs dependent on who has the ball. Easy if he's playing consistently, but a lot harder when its the odd game and sub appearance.

Reminds me more of a Charlie Austin type player (not at the same level though) and he struggles when a ball isnt played in front of him around the penalty spot. In the old days, we used to call them poachers.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Celar on 10:29 - Sep 18 with 920 viewsbosh67

Just to re-remind people that most fans screamed and moaned that Frey was cack until this season. Now he has found his feet and confidence. I feel Celar will do the same. As I've said several times before the first handful of times I watched Les Ferdinand I turned round to my dad and said, this guy is never going to make it at this level. I'm not saying Celar will be anything like Ferdinand but I really hope he proves a lot of fans wrong and comes good. You don't score 40 goals in 90 games for your previous club and have nothing, even if that is a level below this.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Celar on 10:34 - Sep 18 with 893 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Agree that he is a finisher who'd have historically played alongside a target man in a 4-4-2. Think he needs to play alongside Frey but can't see that happening. Bit of a conundrum.
Celar on 11:21 - Sep 18 with 772 viewshantssi

I’m actually very pleased that we seem to have found our boo boy so early in the season!
Saves time actually seeing if he’s any good!
[Post edited 18 Sep 12:25]
Celar on 11:26 - Sep 18 with 742 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Also agree that Alfie Lloyd looks really promising. He was electric again last night in his brief cameo and arguably would have had a far greater impact on the match if he'd started instead of Celar.
Celar on 11:32 - Sep 18 with 716 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Celar on 10:29 - Sep 18 by bosh67

Just to re-remind people that most fans screamed and moaned that Frey was cack until this season. Now he has found his feet and confidence. I feel Celar will do the same. As I've said several times before the first handful of times I watched Les Ferdinand I turned round to my dad and said, this guy is never going to make it at this level. I'm not saying Celar will be anything like Ferdinand but I really hope he proves a lot of fans wrong and comes good. You don't score 40 goals in 90 games for your previous club and have nothing, even if that is a level below this.

The same people moaning about Dykes now seem to think we should have kept him!

If you watch Celars movement off the ball he is actually making the runs, the problem is the ball is either not being put through or the overhit. Cook was guilty of this several times against Plymouth.
He has pace, and clearly an eye for goal, but he has to receive the ball.
How many times yesterday did the ball go in, but was pulled back rather being fired across goal? That will be worked out on the training ground.

I think he looks decent, but we have to play to his strengths.
Celar on 11:35 - Sep 18 with 683 viewsnix

Celar on 10:34 - Sep 18 by Wegerles_Stairs

Agree that he is a finisher who'd have historically played alongside a target man in a 4-4-2. Think he needs to play alongside Frey but can't see that happening. Bit of a conundrum.

He's not a hold up man for certain.

What I do think is we need to make more space in the penalty area. When Chair comes back and we've got him and two of Andersen/Dembele/Smyth occupying the other two forward spots other teams' defenders won't be able to crowd out the pen so much because he is dangerous from long distance and they need a couple of players on him.

At the moment he's barely had a chance to take any shots so it's hard to rate him at all. Frey is a different kind of player much better at creating his own space with his physicality rather than relying on others to create pockets of space.

One thing I do think is that we've got a bit shy about shooting. It's all a bit 'after you' , 'no after you' or 'let's just do one more pass' and then finally give the ball away.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024