Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marti speaks on Wed tactics 15:47 - Sep 17 with 422 viewsLazyFan

Source: https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2024/september/16/mart-we-must-be-ready-for-palace-ch

If you watch the video, we get more information than in the article about the tactics of Wed and QPR.
I think it's great that they identified that we could not break the press in the first half (even though it is obvious that some managers never see it). I am not sure we had such as great 2nd half as he states, it was better but still not great.

He also mentions their RB playing RW and then switching. Interesting idea. This means the other 4 defenders (they played with 5 at the back) move over to form a back 4 when Wed are attacking as the RB is now a RW. And revert on defending.

He also says there were not happy as a management team after the game, this is great as they realise we got a lucky escape there and that we need to improve. I think we only scored that late goal as Wed had so many defenders out, if they were back no way that goa would have happened.

He states new faces will be playing tonight so, I expect Ashby to start, Santos maybe RW or possibly Anderton/Smyth, this is just wishful thinking as I want to see Dembele start as AMC.

He said Lloyd will get more mins so, I am hoping he starts on the LW with Madsen sub. Lloyd should be told to carry the ball up the left hand side and only cross it or beat his man if he feels he can. Otherwise drive it up the pitch so, we keep the ball in their half. I think if he has these instructions he can do that with his pace.

I notice if as a sub you do something significant like score as Lloyd did, then Marti will sometimes reward players with a start. I am hoping this is the case and this time Lloyd does not blow it.

zzzzzzzzzz

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024