Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rangers hit unlikely six to secure safety on final day - History 15:16 - Sep 16 with 1744 viewsNorthernr

Rangers hit unlikely six to secure safety on final day - History 16th Sep 2024 15:13
Ahead of Crystal Palace's return to Loftus Road on Tuesday, we're looking back to the final day of the 1998/99 season when QPR survived in the First Division by running riot against the Eagles in W12. 0

Rangers hit unlikely six to secure safety on final day - History on 16:10 - Sep 16 with 1603 viewsAntti_Heinola

Corruption only happens in Italy, right?

Bare bones.

Rangers hit unlikely six to secure safety on final day - History on 16:31 - Sep 16 with 1574 viewskensalriser

Has anyone ever provided any actual evidence of dodgy dealings?

Much more likely this was one of those freak results that happen every season somewhere. Palace were on the beach and had two players sent off, the rest follows easily.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Rangers hit unlikely six to secure safety on final day - History on 20:16 - Sep 16 with 1352 viewsloftboy

Rangers hit unlikely six to secure safety on final day - History on 16:31 - Sep 16 by kensalriser

Has anyone ever provided any actual evidence of dodgy dealings?

Much more likely this was one of those freak results that happen every season somewhere. Palace were on the beach and had two players sent off, the rest follows easily.

The only thing Miller didn’t drop that day was the thick brown envelope he was given!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Rangers hit unlikely six to secure safety on final day - History on 20:39 - Sep 16 with 1296 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I don't know about corruption, but everything about our first goal was 'suggestive' of the fact that we'd taken care of bidniss.

The Chinese lad's red was very, err, umm...'hilarious!!'

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Rangers hit unlikely six to secure safety on final day - History on 21:02 - Sep 16 with 1260 viewsTomS

Rangers hit unlikely six to secure safety on final day - History on 20:16 - Sep 16 by loftboy

The only thing Miller didn’t drop that day was the thick brown envelope he was given!

Reading between the lines, he didn't play for Palace ever again. Maybe it's just coincidence.
Rangers hit unlikely six to secure safety on final day - History on 00:10 - Sep 17 with 1006 viewsNorthernr

Danny Maddix was mortally offended when I suggested this game might have been rigged when we interviewed him. He was basically physically shot, and Gerry said he needed him to play so they jabbed him to fck to get him out there. Like he says, would they have done that if they knew the result? Still looks great these days Danny, but his body is absolutely fcked from stuff like that.

Paul Murray told us he thought it was rigged.

Both interviews still avail on the Patreon.

Personally I've always though it was suspect. In Italy it wouldn't even be a debate.
Rangers hit unlikely six to secure safety on final day - History on 13:44 - Sep 17 with 607 viewsTheChef

Rangers hit unlikely six to secure safety on final day - History on 00:10 - Sep 17 by Northernr

Danny Maddix was mortally offended when I suggested this game might have been rigged when we interviewed him. He was basically physically shot, and Gerry said he needed him to play so they jabbed him to fck to get him out there. Like he says, would they have done that if they knew the result? Still looks great these days Danny, but his body is absolutely fcked from stuff like that.

Personally I've always though it was suspect. In Italy it wouldn't even be a debate.

In Italy there would be outrage if there wasn't some form of "gentlemen's agreement."

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Rangers hit unlikely six to secure safety on final day - History on 16:17 - Sep 17 with 521 viewsLazyFan

Rangers hit unlikely six to secure safety on final day - History on 00:10 - Sep 17 by Northernr

Looked suss to me.

Just like that time Holloway scored against Hans Segers. That looked suss to me too.

zzzzzzzzzz

Login to get fewer ads

Rangers hit unlikely six to secure safety on final day - History on 17:07 - Sep 17 with 471 viewsqueensparker

One of the great Rangers days that bookended by years of shite before and after.

That team was truly awful and would have got about three points in the modern Championship. I hated watching them after getting used to the Les era team.

Main memory was the lovely weather as well
Rangers hit unlikely six to secure safety on final day - History on 23:17 - Sep 17 with 322 viewsNorthernr

Rangers hit unlikely six to secure safety on final day - History on 16:17 - Sep 17 by LazyFan

Looked suss to me.

Just like that time Holloway scored against Hans Segers. That looked suss to me too.

Fingers Segars.
Rangers hit unlikely six to secure safety on final day - History on 16:58 - Sep 18 with 156 viewsstainrods_elbow

Murray said there were 'rumours' of phone calls, but no more than that in the published interview I read - or did he expand on that, Clive?

The idea that, unlike other European countries, British footie is somehow corruption-free is surely so improbable as to be virtually a conspiracy theory in itself. Which raises an interesting question: If it turned out our club was incontrovertibly implicated in match-fixing, how many of us would call it a day?
[Post edited 18 Sep 17:18]

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024