Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR v Crystal Palace - Major Cup H2H 14:18 - Sep 16 with 974 viewsNorthantsHoop

QPR and Crystal Palace have played each other 7 times in the FA Cup (including replays) and once in the League Cup and Palace have never beaten the Rangers. Palace's only cup win was in 1991 in the Zenith Data Cup thingy. I remember being at the game the last time we played them in the 1982 FA Cup in the 1- 0 quarter final win at Loftus Road - COYRssss
(No subject) (n/t) on 10:12 - Sep 17 with 668 viewsDannyPaddox

QPR v Crystal Palace - Major Cup H2H on 10:12 - Sep 17 with 668 viewsDannyPaddox

Our first ever League Cup game in 1961.

I’ll take that scoreline tonight. Note Gerry Francis’s old man scoring twice.
[Post edited 17 Sep 10:14]
QPR v Crystal Palace - Major Cup H2H on 11:42 - Sep 17 with 497 viewsDWQPR

QPR v Crystal Palace - Major Cup H2H on 10:12 - Sep 17 by DannyPaddox

Hoops are wrong on the Subbuteo player. Suspect that they don’t go all the way round either!!!

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

QPR v Crystal Palace - Major Cup H2H on 11:47 - Sep 17 with 484 viewsCamberleyR

QPR v Crystal Palace - Major Cup H2H on 10:12 - Sep 17 by DannyPaddox

That isn't Gerry's old man DP. This is George Francis who coincidentally we signed from Brentford who Gerry's dad played for. His was a fleeting time in W12 as Wiki attests to:

"Francis and (Jim) Towers joined Third Division club Queens Park Rangers in an £8,000 deal in May 1961. Francis failed to last long at Loftus Road and scored three goals in as many appearances before departing in October 1961."

He was transferred back to Brentford.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

QPR v Crystal Palace - Major Cup H2H on 11:49 - Sep 17 with 471 viewsDannyPaddox

QPR v Crystal Palace - Major Cup H2H on 11:42 - Sep 17 by DWQPR

Hoops are wrong on the Subbuteo player. Suspect that they don’t go all the way round either!!!

Nothing wrong with those hoops. And in case you’re also querying the quantity of hoops you can’t see the bottom hoop cos he’s got his shorts pulled up and shirt tucked in.
[Post edited 17 Sep 11:54]
QPR v Crystal Palace - Major Cup H2H on 11:57 - Sep 17 with 423 viewsDannyPaddox

QPR v Crystal Palace - Major Cup H2H on 11:47 - Sep 17 by CamberleyR

That isn't Gerry's old man DP. This is George Francis who coincidentally we signed from Brentford who Gerry's dad played for. His was a fleeting time in W12 as Wiki attests to:

"Francis and (Jim) Towers joined Third Division club Queens Park Rangers in an £8,000 deal in May 1961. Francis failed to last long at Loftus Road and scored three goals in as many appearances before departing in October 1961."

Thanks for the correction Cambers - I always thought that was Gerry’s dad. There ya go.

btw: DW - of course the hoops go all the way round!!
QPR v Crystal Palace - Major Cup H2H on 12:31 - Sep 17 with 333 viewsDavieQPR

QPR v Crystal Palace - Major Cup H2H on 11:47 - Sep 17 by CamberleyR

That was Francis' debut for us.Jim Towers was also sold to Millwall at end of season. Another one of those where we had played Palace in yhe league the week before.
QPR v Crystal Palace - Major Cup H2H on 12:38 - Sep 17 with 289 viewskensalriser

I bet that wasn't Brett's dad (on the basis he actually scored, albeit a penalty).

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024